• Published 10th Mar 2020
  • 344 Views, 0 Comments

A Pie's Mind's Eye - DroshinNote



Just the everyday life of Ponyville's own Pinkamina Diane Pie. Baking cakes, throwing parties, and checking up on her friends.

  • ...
 0
 344

Catching the Morning train

Pinkie sighed as she set her bag above her relatively well priced train seat. Glancing out the window she could see the glare of the sun starting to rise on the horizon. Pinkie enjoyed seeing the sun rise in the distance, even if it wasn’t quite the same as Celestia's sun rises. Not to belittle Twilight, but since Celestia stepped down as monarch the rising and setting sun seemed to have lost some of its color. Over the years Twilight had tried her best to fix that, tinkering with the mechanical pendant that the princesses had given her to raise the sun and the moon. Because of this Twilight had gained an interest in the possibilities of more advanced technical engineering. Through her own tinkering and research Twilight had learned that she could not only change the time that the sun and moon rose and fell, but with an enchantment or two and some adjustments to the clockwork machinery inside it the pendant seemed to help it run a bit more smoothly and helped the sky gain a bit of its color back. The result of all this work though could only be seen to those who were truly paying attention to the sky. The sight hints of pinks and purples, or the extra orange as the sun emerged. Pinkie knew these were all small steps but knew that one day Twilight would figure out how to bring the sun up in a way that would be not only beautiful but unique, completely different then how Celestia would bring up the sun. In fact Pinkie believed that twilight would have done the same with the night sky... if Luna hadn't taken that responsibility back from twilight. A little over a year ago Luna had apparently gotten bored during the long nights and had decided to take some of her old responsibilities back, starting with dream walking and soon she requested to raise the moon once more. Twilight was a little disappointed by this, wanting to show the lunar mare what she could do. It took an afternoon of cupcakes and talking for Pinkie to cheer her friend up. Pinkie couldn’t stand boredom so she could understand Luna’s need for something to do. Though lately a little boredom didn’t seem to be that bad to the party pony.

Pinkie waved down a colorful mare who was pushing a trolley of breakfast items and drinks down the aisle and quickly asked for a few cups of coffee and some muffins that were being sold off the trolley. Though before she could thank the mare properly another voice called for the trolley down the aisle and the mare was off. Pinkie would have to remember to properly thank her before she left the train. Bringing up the cup of hot liquid to her muzzle she took a preemptive sip, making sure the coffee was not too hot before taking a few quick gulps making the content of the cup disappear behind her lips.

As she settled back into her seat, humming ideally as she watched the sunrise, she couldn’t help but wonder if Luna was disappointed with Twilight's performance with the stars? Did Twilight mess up a constellation? Was she secretly still nightmare moon all along and decided now would be the perfect time to stage a coup when Celestia had given up control of the throne and the now new and slightly weaker alicorn was vulnerable and exhausted because of the constant line of nobles trying to control her court by nagging her to death with boring policies that could be handled with a good afternoon's board meeting and had no placing being brought to the princess?

Pinkie sat there for a second before shaking the thoughts out of her head and laughing at the ridiculous ideas. She always had a problem with her more intrusive thoughts. As a filly they would just add to her bad mood and force her into panic attacks. At Least they did until Granie Pie taught her to Giggle at the ghosties. Teaching her to laugh at the ridiculous fears that plagued her young mind. Though she had found this lesson useful long after her grannies passing and well into adulthood. In fact it helped her earn her element. Pinkie sighed and leaned on the window thinking of her childhood for a few moments.

Usually this would be the point where Pinkie would start to hum and tap a hoof to the tempo of her humming.Other times she would poke her head around her seat and start a conversation with whoever or whatever was sitting behind her. Something to pass the time as she was headed to the nation’s capital. Though before she could there was a small flash from the seat across from her, and after blinking away splotches of color the flash of light had put into her vision she realized that an official looking scroll sat there.

Pinkie could be certain that this was from Twilight, it had her seal and everything. Pinkie picked it up as her mind flooded with reasons for the scroll. Twilight would have known Pinkie would be coming to visit, so why hadn't she just waited till the pink mare got to the castle? Could it be another invasion? Had something gone terribly wrong in the castle. Had she found herself a special somepony!? These were the questions that Pinkie needed answers to as she ripped the seal on the scroll and started to read.

“Dear Pinkie, I know you're coming to visit later today and that sending a scroll may seem a little strange, but honestly you're timing and the predicament I am in are lining up perfectly.” Pinkie muttered as she squinted her eyes and moved the paper closer. “I have informed my honorable Dusk guard to immediately bring you to me when you arrive. We have a party to plan!” Pinkie blinked a few times and reread the last sentence before a wide grin spread across her face. Twilight wasn’t one for random parties which meant that something BIG was happening in Canterlot, and she was gonna be in the center of it. Her sense of exhaustion from the last few days almost disappeared as she thought about the party to come. Then as she thought of the amount of work a royal party entailed, the exhaustion seemed to make a full U-turn and hit her as hard as the train she was riding. Pinkie had secretly wanted this to be a slow relaxing trip to visit a friend. She needed to unwind.

Pinkie sighed once more and cracked her neck. Seemed the relaxation part could wait until after her friend was helped! There was a party to plan, and Twilight was going to be counting on her. Pinkie pulled whatever motivation she could find within her and pulled a roll of paper out of her mane along with a fresh pencil and a hoof held pencil sharpener. If there was planning to be done she would start planning now! Oh and she would probably need more coffee from the trolley mare from earlier.

Author's Note:

So it turns out that I DO feel like writing this fic. Go figures. :pinkiehappy:

(small edits 8/17)