• Published 3rd Mar 2020
  • 470 Views, 4 Comments

Spitfire and Wasp - The FraudulentBrit

  • ...
 4
 470

One's Worst Day...

Spitfire and Wasp

Part 7; One’s Worst Day…

Megaton’s Lair….

As Soarin began to stir back to the world of the living, only one thing passed through his mind. “Ugh, my head hurts.” He muttered to himself as his eyes slowly opened.

Immediately, a vaguely familiar voice barked, “Silence!” Soarin was swiftly smacked in the back of his head by what felt like a hoof. Groaning, the cerulean Wonderbolt asked, “Hey, watch it buddy!” He would have continued, but he realized something was horribly wrong.

Soarin couldn’t feel either his wings or any of his limbs.

“What the hay?” The Wonderbolt asked out loud as he realized that all of his limbs were being restrained on a giant, pulsating spider’s web. Soarin tried to pull himself free, but his limbs were numb and limp, effectively leaving him trapped. What was even worse was that the spider’s web was planted firmly on a small cart and being pushed down a very long and very dark corridor.

It was as he finally stopped struggling that Soarin heard a very familiar voice tease, “It’s no use pony. I’ve paralyzed your limbs.” To his horror, thin, insectoid limbs began to wrap themselves around him as a familiar, spider like face emerged from out of sight, cackling as the being continued, “You won’t be going anywhere.”

“You!” Soarin practically screamed as he remembered the Halfling that had trashed his home and done…. whatever it was to him. “Let me go right now or so help me I’ll….”

He didn’t get the opportunity to continue, as an excruciating pain began to coarse through his body, tightening him up as electricity consumed him. The wicked Halfling giggled as it continued, “Naughty little pony. Keep resisting and you’ll be fried. Not that it’s a bad thing, as I’m getting hungry.”

Once the electricity stopped, all Soarin could do was breathe heavily, struggling to keep himself calm in what could only be generously described as a nightmare. Managing to put on a brave face, the blue Pegasus could only sigh as the cart finally approached the end of the corridor. The pink Halfling stepped off the cart and approached the massive door and reported, “Master, I have the Equestrian, just as you asked.”

From the other side of the door, another familiar voice, this one deep and menacing, replied, “Excellent. Bring him inside, yes.” The Halfling bowed before turning to someone (or something) behind Soarin and order, “Get him inside, quickly!” As the cart began to move again, Soarin could only hope whatever was waiting for him was preferable to his current predicament.

Instead, the door opened, revealing a throne room carved out a massive cavern, the walls decorated with lava-falls. Right in the center was a granite throne, and sitting confidently on this throne was a large purple dragon, one that couldn’t be mistaken for anyone else.

“Megaton!” Soarin shouted in anger. “What do you want dragon breath?”

The indigo monster stepped of his throne as he replied “Why, I simply want to know one thing, my little pony.”

Though hardly happy with his situation, Soarin realized that whatever Megaton wanted, it was important that he didn’t get it. Allowing a smug smirk to form on his muzzle, the Wonderbolt replied, “In that case, yes, we are charging you the bill for wrecking the derby.”

Megaton shook his head in dismay as he turned to the pink Halfling and smugly asked, “Why Trapdoor, our guest is being rather rude. Would you mind giving him a little, how we say, shock?” The Halfling, Trapdoor as he was apparently called, giggled maniacally as he answered, “With pleasure master.”

As Trapdoor approached the spider’s web, he cackled as he grabbed a lever and pulled it down. The web lit up with a blue hue as Soarin felt electricity coarse through his body. Cramping in pain, all the Wonderbolt could do was scream in agony.

“That’s enough for now.” Megaton calmly ordered. Groaning, Trapdoor replied, “Yes sir.” The pink Halfling raised the lever, the electricity stopped, allowing Soarin to catch his breath. Grinning cruelly, the large purple dragon smugly asked, “Comfortable?”

“Can’t really complain.” Soarin sarcastically answered. Megaton chuckled menacingly as he said, “Well then, let’s cut right to the chase.” Leaning up to Soarin’s face, the purple dragon asked, “Where is Wasp?”

“Wasp?” Soarin asked. Megaton growled as he replied, “Yes. I know you have my little boy, and I would very much like for him to come home.”

Something about the dragon’s response sickened Soarin. He didn’t know if it was his oddly calm voice or his use of the phrase “little boy,” but the Wonderbolt knew two things. One was that his captor had mistakenly believed he was the pony who had taken Wasp in, and the other was he couldn’t let him know who.

Taking a deep breath, Soarin defiantly replied, “If you think I’m telling you where he is, you’re wasting your time!”

Closing his eyes and groaning, Megaton turned to Trapdoor and ordered, “Fry him!” The purple-pink giggled as he flipped the switch again, allowing sending more electricity into Soarin’s body. As the Wonderbolt screamed in pain, the purple dragon cruelly joked, “Why, I always thought the Wonderbolts loved lightning.” This time, Trapdoor let the electricity last a bit longer than the last time, drawing out the pain.

When the electricity finally died down, Megaton crept back up to the now panting Soarin and, with terrifyingly tranquil fury, said, “Now then, let’s try this again…..”

Spitfire’s Home…

Curled up in her fluffy cloud bed, Captain Spitfire of the Wonderbolts was consumed by a deep slumber. It had been a long week for her, juggling both her duties as leader of the Wonderbolts as well as her new responsibility for the young Halfling Wasp had proven far more taxing than she anticipated. While Spitfire already knew that looking after what was practically a child wouldn’t exactly be easy, she was still surprised by just how busy the little Halfling had left her.

And now she found herself in a deep sleep, the only audible sounds being her snoring and the buzzing of insectoid wings.

“Ugh….” Spitfire groaned as she began to process the buzzing coming from right on top of her. “What in the name of Celestia is…..” She didn’t get a chance to finish, as when she rotated her body to lie on her back, only to be face to face with two clusters of purple compound eyes. Being caught by surprise, Spitfire reacted in the only way a pony could.

She screamed, grabbed a cloud pillow, and slapped Wasp in the face.

As Wasp was flung to the ground, Spitfire realized what she’d done and quickly darted off her bed and to the Halfling’s side. Panicking, she asked, “Wasp, are you ok?”

The young Halfling replied, “Wasp is ok. Wasp is sorry he scared Spitfire.” The yellow Pegasus quickly interrupted him with, “No, it’s not your fault, its mine.” As she rose back to her hooves, she asked, “What are you doing in here anyway? It’s a little too early for you to be awake.”

Sighing, Wasp glumly answered, “Wasp had a bad dream.” As Spitfire realized what he’d just said, the young Halfling continued, “Wasp was all alone, and couldn’t find Spitfire anywhere.” He then looked into Spitfire’s eyes and, his voice starting to crack, asked, “Will Spitfire leave Wasp?”

Wrapping the child in a tight hug, Spitfire reassured him, “I’m not going anywhere Wasp.” As Wasp returned the hug, the Wonderbolt couldn’t help but realize that a stray tear had escaped from her eye. Was she actually crying over Wasp?

She didn’t have much time to ponder it though, as Spitfire heard Wasp begin to mischievously giggle. Curious, she asked, “What’s so funny Wasp?”

The young Halfling buzzed over to the discarded pillow as he said, “Pillow didn’t hurt Wasp.” He then shot Spitfire a naughty smile and, with speed that could rival any of the Wonderbolts, shot towards her and slapped her with the pillow. “Now Wasp is even with Spitfire.” The child giggled.

Spitfire stood motionless for a few moments, a sense of foreboding emanating from her. Starting to worry, Wasp asked, “Is Spitfire ok?” The Yellow Pegasus gave him a serious glare, forcing the child to back towards the wall.

Luckily, Spitfire couldn’t keep the ruse up for long, and a challenging smile grew on her face as she remarked, “Oh, it is on.” She then darted over to her bed and grabbed another pillow before continuing, “Ok Wasp, show me what you got.”

Realizing she wanted to play along, Wasp let out an adorably cute squeal as he charged his protector and began to pelt her with the pillow. Spitfire herself began to chuckle as Wasp attacked with his weapon of mass fluffiness. As she began to swing her own pillow, the Halfling child managed to evade her and even struck an “uppercut” with his pillow.

After roughly ten minutes, the two were interrupted when Spitfire’s alarm clock began to go off. Letting out an embarrassed chuckle, the older Pegasus said, “Guess it was perfect timing for you to wake me up.” Confused by this remark, Wasp asked, “Does that mean Wasp made a mistake?” Spitfire rested a hoof under his split jaw chin as she reassured him, “Oh no. If anything, I think you made today just a little bit better.”

Spitfire quickly realized what she’d just said. She just admitted that her day would be much better just because Wasp had been there. She would have continued on her train of thought, but the continuing buzz of her alarm clock as well as the rising sun told her she should probably start getting ready for the day.

“C’mon Wasp. Let’s start making some breakfast.” Spitfire said as she turned off her alarm clock. With that, she and her young ward made their way to the kitchen for a nice, warm, and probably messy meal.

Wonderbolts HQ, Not Too Long Afterwards…

As Spitfire descended towards the Wonderbolts’ base, she turned to Wasp and said, “Ok, so remember what I told you yesterday?” The child nodded and replied, “Wasp needs to stay away when ponies are flying, Spitfire will be shouting but she’s not angry, and do whatever Spitfire says?”

“Exactly.” The Wonderbolt captain replied. “Luckily I think the others will be more than happy to keep an eye on you.” Wasp could only smile as he recalled how all the other Wonderbolts were willing to be his friend. Well, most of them.

“Will red eyes be watching Wasp?” Wasp nervously asked. Spitfire bit her lip for a moment before she reassured him, “No. I’m not leaving you with Fleet Foot.” Wasp sighed with relief as he tightened his grip on her, replying, “Good. Wasp doesn’t like Red Eyes.”

Soon Spitfire and her young ward landed right in front of the barracks, only to be greeted by the sight of Rainbow Dash, Surprise, and Thunderlane talking to each other. When the trio saw their commander and Wasp approach, Rainbow Dash called out, “Hey Cap, we got a problem!”

“What’s going on Dash?” Spitfire asked. The Rainbow mained mare, noticing the small guest on her back, replied, “Uh, you think we can talk without Wasp? It’s kinda serious.”

Sighing, Spitfire turned her head to Wasp and said, “Hey, I need to talk with the team for a moment.” She then turned to Surprise and asked, “You mind keeping an eye on him for a moment?” The yellow Pegasus nodded yes as she answered, “You bet ma’am.”

With the reassurance he’d be in good company, Wasp buzzed off of Spitfire and towards Surprise, and the two made their way towards the mess hall. Once they were gone, Spitfire asked, “Ok, what’s going on?”

Letting out a deep breath, Rainbow Dash answered, “Soarin hasn’t shown up yet.” Blaze then added, “Yeah, he’s almost always here by now. It’s not like him to be this late.” Spitfire let out a deep sigh of concern. They were right, because Soarin should have arrived by now.

“That’s odd.” Spitfire remarked. “You two sure he’s not hiding somewhere?” Rainbow Dash shook her head and replied, “Nope. We’ve checked the barracks, the green, the mess hall, the entire compound.” Now the captain was starting to worry.

Concerned, Spitfire ordered, “Ok, Blaze, Dash, you two go to Soarin’s and see if he overslept or if he sick or something.” Both subordinate Wonderbolts nodded and shot off into the sky, on their way to look for their missing friend.

Spitfire then made her way to the mess hall, fully expecting Wasp to have made a mess of what would surely be his second breakfast.

The Mess Hall…

Spitfire was surprised to see that, instead of a mess, she found Wasp buzzing all around the hall’s ceiling, giggling with glee. Following him was Surprise, and it seemed the two were engaged in a game of tag. It was a sight that melted Spitfire’s heart.

Once Wasp noticed that Spitfire had arrived, the young child buzzed down to the ground and tackled the older mare in a great hug. Catching her breath, the yellow Pegasus remarked, “Whoa there, not so tight Wasp.”

As Surprise descended, she added, “I think he’s getting stronger. When I asked if there was anything he wanted to do, he touched me, said “I’m it,” and flew off.” As the young child released Spitfire, the white Pegasus remarked, “I think he might be as fast as a Wonderbolt one day.”

Hearing this, Wasp turned to Spitfire and asked, “Does that mean Wasp gets to fly with Spitfire?” The Wonderbolt captain hesitated for a moment before she solemnly replied, “Not today.” When the little Halfling pouted, Spitfire reassured him, “Don’t worry, we will one day.” With that, Wasp buzzed up to her and wrapped her in another hug, one she happily replied.

It was at this moment that Wasp’s stomach began to rumble again as he embarrassingly said, “Wasp is hungry.” Smiling, Spitfire replied, “Well then, how about we get you a bite to eat?”

Later That Day…

Much like the previous day, Wasp sat under the Wonderbolts as he watched the team practice their routine. He was amazed by just how well they flew in formation, not like the simple, massive hoard that the rest of his sibling flew in. Instead, the Wonderbolts flew with grace, beauty, precision, and unlike Wasp, they didn’t sound like insects.

From up above him, Wasp heard Spitfire call out, “Ok team, I think that’s enough for today. Time to hit the showers.” As the team descended towards the ground, Wasp buzzed up to Spitfire and squealed, “Wonderbolts are great fliers! Spitfire is the best flier.” The yellow Pegasus could only blush as she replied, “Well, I aim to please.”

As the other Wonderbolts began to make for the barracks, Spitfire turned to Wasp and said, “Hey, Fleet Foot is gonna take a shower, so how about we take a look at our museum?” Curious, Wasp asked, “What is museum?”

Smiling, Spitfire replied, “Well then, how about I show you?”

Wonderbolts’ Mini Museum

“Whoa.” Wasp said as he entered the small atrium. Before him was a large sphere representing the world, with a smaller one symbolizing the moon. As he buzzed up to the large model, Spitfire called out, “Hey, don’t touch that!” Though she was hardly yelling, she had raised her voice, forcing Wasp to descend back down to the ground and curl up in a defensive ball.

Making her way to her young ward, Spitfire reassured him, “Sorry Wasp, but that is a gift from the Princesses, and it’s very fragile.” The young child sighed as he apologized, “Wasp is sorry. Wasp was just memorized…. Melark…. Meme…..”

“Mesmerized?” Spitfire asked. The young Halfling simply nodded yes. She then rested a wing around him and asked, “How about I give you the guided tour?” His attention having been peaked, Wasp enthusiastically nodded yes. With that, Spitfire took Wasp deeper into the Wonderbolts’ hall of past glories.

After a while, the two came across a gallery of images and photos. Curious, Wasp asked, “Who are ponies?” Spitfire replied, “These are portraits of every pony who’s ever been a Wonderbolt.” In truth, that wasn’t the entire truth; Wind Rider’s portrait had been removed and destroyed due to “certain events,” and there were two portraits of ponies who weren’t technically Wonderbolts.

And just her luck, Wasp buzzed up to one of those portraits. It was an image of a dark yellow pony with dark crimson hair and a black tri-corner hat. Curious, Wasp asked, “Who is pony? He doesn’t have Wonderbolts’ flight suit.”

Letting out a small sigh, Spitfire replied, “Well, he’s not technically a Wonderbolt. You see, his name is Old Silver, he’s my brother.” Upon hearing this, Wasp turned to face the older Pegasus and asked, “Spitfire has a brother?”

Nodding, Spitfire replied, “Yup. Silver there is my older brother. He’s a sailor who travels all over the world.” She then let out a wistful sigh as she added, “Not too long ago he saved Ornithia from a monster by the name of….”

“Does Spitfire like her brother?” Wasp asked, his voice betraying a hint of sadness. Not quite picking up on the subtle gloom, Spitfire continued, “Well, not always. At one point we didn’t even talk to each other for almost ten years. We, well I…..” She stopped herself before bluntly finishing with, “Well, that’s a story for another day.” Turning to the young child, Spitfire asked, “Why’d you ask that anyway?”

Wasp simply looked back at the portrait and replied, “Wasp hates his brothers. Wasp’s brothers hate him because he doesn’t want to hurt anybody.” He closed his many eyes as he continued, “Wasp doesn’t know why he’s different from Trapdoor or Quickstrike or Scorponok or Inferno, But Wasp does know he doesn’t want to be like them.”

He then turned to Spitfire and, his voice starting to break a little bit, asked, “Is it bad if Wasp is not like his family?”

Spitfire immediately wrapped him in a tight embrace and replied, “Of course not. In fact, I think it makes you better than all of them combined.” Wasp didn’t say anything else, simply hugging his protector far tighter than he’d ever hugged anyone in his life before.

The two were interrupted when Rainbow Dash’s voice called out, “Hey Cap! Fleet Foot has finished showering and just bolted off the base.” She noticed that the two were having a moment and sheepishly asked, “Uh, am I interrupting something?”

“Oh no Dash.” Spitfire replied. “Wasp here was just looking around and I guess I had a little time to kill.” She then turned to Wasp and said, “I gotta freshen up, and after that, we gotta head home.”

“Ugh.” Wasp Whined. “Wasp wants to look around more.” Spitfire then rested a hoof under his jaws and reassured him, “Maybe we can look around more tomorrow.” When Wasp’s face lit up with excitement, she added, “But only if you behave.” Nodding, Wasp reassured her, “Wasp will behave.

As the two began to leave the hall, Rainbow Dash cheekily teased, “You’re turning out to be a pretty good mom ma’am.” Spitfire immediately shot back with, “Say that again and you’re on probation for a week.” Rainbow Dash simply gulped, saluted, and flew off. Spitfire, however, quickly realized that, in a way, her subordinate was right.

But she didn’t have time to think on it any further, as a mild stench began to emerge from her hide, and soon Spitfire took Wasp and departed for the barracks, hoping she could cool off with a nice shower.

Megaton’s Lair

“Ugh!” Megaton growled as he slammed his fist into the wall. Despite all his efforts, Soarin hadn’t broken under torture or interrogation. “Stupid pony! If I do anything else, he’ll die. And if he dies, then the Princess’s goons will start looking for us.”

Sighing, the vile dragon turned to Trapdoor and ordered, “Trapdoor, drug the Wonderbolt and dump him back where you found him. We can’t afford anything looking out of place, yes.”

Confused, the purple pink Halfling asked, “But sir, we still don’t know where Wasp is.” Megaton sighed and explained, “He’s not going to talk, and if he’s gone for too long, they’ll start looking closer. Just make sure he’s unconscious first.”

Trapdoor nodded as he grumbled, “Shame we can’t terminate him. I’ve always wanted to see what ponies taste like.” As he crept up to the barely awake and horribly injured Soarin, the Halfling cackled, “Sleep tight pony. Heh heh heh.” With that, he bid down on Soarin’s neck, filling the Pegasus with a powerful anesthetic.

Once Soarin was unconscious, Trapdoor dragged him off to “dispose” him. Now all alone, Megaton clutched a test tube and said, “So you’re not hiding with the blue stallion. But where ever you are Wasp, I will find you, and you will rejoin our little family, or I will subject you to a hell you could never even begin to imagine. Yes.”

Author's Note:

Next Time; Spitfire and Wasp realize Megaton and his minions aren't as "gone" as they hoped he is.