• Published 24th Feb 2020
  • 799 Views, 16 Comments

Friends And Lovers - FourShadow



The month of love is here and everyone's got their own little plans to celebrate the holiday.

  • ...
1
 16
 799

Movie Date Night! (Adagio Dazzle/Trixie Lulamoon)

Author's Note:

And so we finish the Valentine's Day fluffshots. I'm sorry this took so long to finish, but real life comes first. I hope you enjoyed, and have a great day. Stay tuned for more Shattered stories down the line!

"Come on boy, you can do it! Come on, come on buddy!"

Trixie whistled at her puppy, trying to get him to climb up the small step that separated from the patio and to the living room. She had been training him for a few months now, ever since Adagio had given him to her as a birthday gift. Needless to say, Trixie was not disappointed. Her new dog was one of the best gifts she had ever been given, and she would not have given him away for anything.

But the poor little guy was still struggling to climb up the step.

"Come on Fluffernutter, you got it!"

The little dog barked cutely, trying to call for his owner.

"Buddy, come on, you can do it," Trixie called. "You can do it, come on..."

The fluffy puppy struggled some more, using both back legs to try and pull himself up. He almost got it, almost there... And then he drooped back down.

"Aww. Don't worry buddy, we'll practice some more, I'll get you up."

And finally, after one more push, he finally made up the step.

"Yes! You did it, oh I'm so proud of you!" Trixie squeed, picking up her puppy with an excited grin. She gave him a hug, to wit, he started licking her face. "Hehehe, oh Fluffernutter," she giggled.

The doorbell ringed, calling for her ears attention.

"Oh, coming!"

She walked to the door, checking through the peephole who it was. And smiling with joy, she opened it up, revealing Adagio Dazzle on the other side; standing in a beautiful little black dress. Sleeveless to show off her bare shoulders and little side slits that showed off just enough of her smooth legs.

The door opened, and Trixie just looked in awe. "Adagio, h-h-hi..."

Adagio gave a sly grin. "Like what you see?"

"Heh, I... um."

Adagio just responded by booping her nose and kissing her cheek.

"But still, y-you look great," Trixie blushed.

"Why thank you," Adagio smiled, cutely. She then turned her eyes to the adorable puppy wagging it's tail in Trixie's arms. "Hello puppy," Adagio greeted, petting Fluffernutter's head.

The puppy softly barked, happily panting as it looked at her.

"You've been nice for my girlfriend now?" She asked, petting his ears.

"He's behaving himself. Well, most of the time," Trixie giggled. "Oh shoot! You uh... mind waiting for a second, I still need to get dressed, I'm so sorry, I'm never this forgetful, but--"

Adagio put a finger over her lips. "--Sweetie, it's okay. Just go get dressed, I will keep an eye on this handsome little fella."

"He's not old enough to start attracting girls yet though," she giggled, setting her dog back on the floor.

"Oh, one day he will be. But he's still such a cute wittle fluffy puppy," Adagio cooed, petting the dog's ears.

Carefully, Adagio took the dog from Trixie's arms and sat herself down on the couch while Trixie ran upstairs to get herself dressed. She didn't mind the wait; after all, she was happy to wait for her lady. Plus, she had a dog to keep her occupied; this would definitely hold her over for a while.

"Maybe when Trixie goes to college, we can look after you together. I'm sure by then you'll be one handsome little dog," she giggled, playing with the puppy's ears. "And oooh, your fur is so clean!" She squeaked. "Trixie does a better job making sure you're clean than Aria did with the last pet we had. Why she thought she could keep a Doberman, is beyond me."

The puppy playfully squirmed in her arms until she set it down in her lap, which rolled itself over on it's side, looking at her with a happy face.

"Aww, does someone want their tummy wubbed?" Adagio gushed, looking at the puppy. The puppy just gave an adorable little bark and she complied, rubbing the dog's belly. "You're so cute. I knew I made the right choice picking you as a birthday gift."

Trixie came downstairs, now completely dressed up and ready. Her hair was woven beautifully, her eyes sparkled under the light, and she had on a beautiful dark blue dress.

"Oooh, Dagi likey..." Adagio purred.

Trixie squeaked with a happy grin. "Thanks."

"Now my lady. What do you say we get going. We have a picture to attend."


The evening was rolling in, and the sky began to grow darker.

Not too far off was the drive-in, and there already a handful of people there, ready to enjoy the picture. Oddly most of the people here were adults, with a few elderly couples here and there. If there were any teenagers or families here, it was hard to see. Maybe they were here and the couple just didn't see them, but it didn't matter. They had found a spot with a nice view of the movie, not too far front, but not all the way in the back either.

"So what movie are we watching?" Adagio asked as Trixie parked the car.

"The Creature from the Depths from 1953," Trixie read. "I thought we could have fun watching an old monster movie. Unless you rather watch something else...?"

"It's perfectly fine with me, Trixie. In fact... is there a special reason why you picked that movie?"

Trixie blinked. "Well, I may have looked these up and may have found it cause... you're in this one."

"Why yes I am!" Adagio said, acting playfully surprised. "I thought you would have picked it because you wanted to see the monster kill some people."

And now the magician was blushing. "Um, uh..."

Adagio giggled, booping her nose. "I'm only teasing you sweetie. I'm very excited to see this with you. It's been so long since I've seen any of my old work."

"How come?"

"I don't know. Traveling around the world, trying to find work to support me and my family... also I have no idea if the movie was any good because around that time, I was getting fired by Marebara Studios." She grimaced at the memory before looking at Trixie. "The 50s were... not great. But enough about that. Come on, let's watch a monster movie!"

"Do you want me to get you a snack or anything?"

"Well... could you get Dagi a vanilla milkshake pwease?" Adagio asked, playfully pawwing at Trixie's arm.

"Oh, okay, give me a second," Trixie chuckled, walking over to the snack bar.

Adagio just sat up, trying to push herself into her seat to get comfy. And not too long was Trixie who got back into the car with her requested milkshake.

"Oh thank you! How much do I owe you?"

"Um, you don't owe me anything, it's okay," Trixie assured.

"I insist."

"Well, um... okay. It's only 2.59."

Adagio reached into her purse, pulling out the change, slipping it into Trixie's purse. And with a sip, she adjusting the radio knobs, with the sound from the projector started coming through. And in time!

"Ooh, it's starting!" Trixie squeaked, pushing the seat back. Adagio pushed hers back as well, and looked over to see a smiling Trixie, patting the space next to her to come closer. Smiling, she scooted herself closer and laid against Trixie's warm body, snuggling up against her.

The magician squeed, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend. "You're beautiful, you know that?"

"Hehe. I know," Adagio winked back, looking up at her.

Trixie kissed her forehead, interlocking her fingers with Adagio's. Now that they were comfy, they were ready for the movie to begin. The film company's logo was the first to flash, all in black and white with a little bit of the old film grain showing.

"Ah, it's the nicest weather the earth has ever had," Trixie joked.

"Notice how big Japan is?"


Ten minutes later, the movie was starting to pick up. By now, they had already introduced to the central main characters, and the mystery monster had already been given hints to keep their attention. Admittedly, they were surprised by how much the movie had held up, even after close to 70 years later.

Though Adagio did admittedly cringe at some of the deliveries of her own lines. "... Admittedly, I don't know why I signed on to play this part, I thought it was going to launch my career in Hollywood, and yet look at me now."

"... An immortal siren living in the best city on the planet with the best friends ever?" Trixie asked, smirking at her.

Adagio rolled her eyes playfully. "Okay, yes, that's a better life."

"Hey, I still think you're good," Trixie nuzzled.

"I think you might be biased, but I'm happy regardless," Adagio smiled.

By now, thirty minutes had passed. They had finally gotten a good look at the monster, which looked really impressive. Even in 1953!

Now they were on a boat, which then cut to showing Adagio swimming in the waters in a bikini.

"Oh I remember this scene. I definitely made some heads turn when I showed up on set," Adagio giggled.

Trixie blushed and tittered. "Heh. You have no shame, don't you?"

"What can I say? If you've got it, flaunt it," Adagio winked at her.

And now they were watching the human protagonists head off on the run. And they watched as Adagio's character nearly slipped, turning down a hallway.

"Oh by the way, this is not an effect. That actually happened. The crew forgot to clean up a small spot, so I actually almost fell on my face when I was supposed to run there," Adagio said, giggling.

"Ow. I can't imagine how that would have felt."

"Oh, it was painful. But it was nothing compared to the poor monster actor banging his head against the frame of the door right about... there!"

And for a brief moment, the two shared a laugh as the poor actor in the monster outfit unintentionally slammed his head into a doorframe.

"Oops. Tall one, wasn't he?"

"Oh, yes indeed."

As the movie went on, the story and little bits of action got more interesting. The creature had shown how strong it was to the humans who tried to fend it off. Guns did nothing, flames did nothing, it was a relatively strong creature. And by now, they were nearing the final act. By now, the protagonists now understood what it was they were dealing with, and had found a solution. But now it was time to finish it off; for good.

"You know, I have to admit, it still holds up," Trixie smiled. "I had never seen this movie before."

"Oh then you're going to love this final act. Things really get interesting now..."

The final act was here. The final showdown between the monster and the main hero. And surprisingly, it was legit tense. Even for being a guy in a rubber suit, the crew did a fair amount of work to show some emotion from the creature's face as it faced off against the protagonist. He led the creature throughout the set for the final act, ready to finish the job. The music, the lighting, the action, it was all perfectly done! Though things quickly turned worse when the monster took our main girl.

Adagio cringed at how over the top her screaming and wailing for help was in that scene. "Admittedly not one of my most dignified performances... but hey, at creature had more dignity capturing me than the Slime Demon From Space."

"Wait, what?"

"Don't ask. Long story short; no budget, no plot, no sense."

Tilting her head side to side, Trixie said, "Well, Adagio, I dunno, your acting isn't bad. Honestly, I'd run away screaming too if that monster was coming after me. It's just natural fear."

"Coming from the woman who didn't scream when she saw a giant sea monster come a few inches close to her face?"

"You know what I mean," Trixie pouted.

Just one final blow, until finally, after all the struggles, after everything the characters had gone through... the monster was finally defeated. As Adagio's character and the main man held each other in relaxing embrace, a giant piece of text saying The End was slapped over the final shot of the monster who slowly sunk to the bottom of the sea, finally perished...

And when it was done, the rest of the film strips began to whip around in the canister near the main projector, finally ending the picture.

"Alright. That was a good movie," Trixie concluded.

"I agree. Thank you for taking me out, this was nice. Though I think my favorite part of this experience was snuggling up with you."

"Oh you," Trixie blushed.

"But now that we've seen the film..." Adagio pulled herself up. "How about I take you out somewhere where we can stretch our legs and have some fun?"


Men and women were dancing together under the light reflected off a disco ball within the confines of the ballroom. Suits and dresses on everyone, all gussied up. Partners holding each other as they danced on the dance floor, while some just sat at some tables to sit and chill, enjoying some drinks.

And in the middle of the dance floor was none other than Adagio and Trixie. Adagio had her hands held at Trixie's sides, while Trixie had her arms wrapped around the back of Adagio's head. The two of them smiled at each other, while moving to the beat of the music. Trixie softly leaned her head close to Adagio, nuzzling her affectionately. Adagio's smile grew bigger as she leaned in closer to her, nuzzling her back.

But then I fooled around and fell in love
I fooled around and fell in love
I fooled around and fell in love
I fooled around and fell in love

"Oh, Trixie... you are so beautiful..." Adagio whispered.

"Dagi..." Trixie blushed.

"You know you are," Adagio stroked her cheek. She hugged her again and gave her a kiss on her lips, holding her in her warm embrace.

Trixie smiled. "How did I land a girl like you?"

"Honesty, luck, and good timing," Adagio winked, kissing her cheek.

Trixie just giggled and held her some more, enjoying the sensation of holding her lover in a sweet embrace. And like a snap of fingers, the music started to change to something a bit more upbeat and bouncy. And the rhythm... oh Adagio was getting into the rhythm if the head bobbing was any indication.

"Oooh. I love this song!" Adagio squeed.

"Didn't Amethyst play this at the Battle of the Bands?"

"Yes, but that was a modern version. This is the original one, and I love it!" Adagio squeaked.

"Then let's dance!"

You know your love (your love keeps lifting me)
Keep on lifting (love keeps lifting me)
Higher (lifting me)
Higher and higher (higher)

And so Adagio and Trixie, swing danced into the night...


Canterlot's spa was a wonderful place to relax and detox. Many of the most wealthy people in Canterlot City visited this place to feel young again. Massages, exquisite beauty treatments, it had everything. The lobby was a little packed, but they still squeezed in to talk to the people at the front desk. And the woman behind the front desk was one of the most valued employees; Aloe.

"Oooh, Miss Dazzle, so nice to see you again!" Aloe greeted. "Do you want your usual?"

"Actually, Aloe, I'd like to request something different. For both me and my guest," she said, glancing at her girlfriend.

"And hello there! My name's Aloe, and you are?"

"Um, Trixie."

"She is my partner," Adagio introduced.

"Aww, how romantic! Do you want to look at our romantic options?"

"Yes, please."

The staff gave them a menu of options to pick from, allowing them to take a look.

"So, my cutie of a girl," Adagio nuzzled, "Which of these interest you?"

"Oh, I don't know... w-what do you usually get?"

"Back massages, a few manicures, facial treatments, aromatherapy, those kind. Of course, I don't know how you feel about other people touching you, so..."

Trixie looked through their brochure, looking at their selections. Surely there was something nice the two of them could do together. Steam room? No, tried that, hard for her to breathe. Facial treatments? ... Maybe next time. Manicures? Eh, the idea of someone doing it instead of her made her uncomfortable. But wait! Hot tubs were on the menu! Nice, relaxing, steaming hot baths that made her skin relax all over...

"Maybe we could do that?"

Adagio looked to where she pointed and smiled. "Ooh, I like that one. We'd like that one, please."

Aloe looked over and nodded. "It's your lucky day, madam. Please, follow Lotus and she'll show you the changing room."

The two girls followed the other staff member into the locker room, showing them the spaces to put away their things. After stripping down, the two of them grabbed their towels and robes, and followed Lotus over to the hot tub area. It was mostly lit from scented candles, with a few soft lights on the sides. A few plants hanging from the ceiling as well.

And luckily the hot tub was already bubbling and ready to go. Adagio was the first to step in, putting her robe down and slowly slipping into the hot tub.

"Oooh... ahhh, that feels nice," Adagio sighed. "Come on in, the water's fine."

"Oh, can you um... c-can you look away for a second?" Trixie blushed.

"Of course." Adagio turned her head, waiting for Trixie to disrobe and slowly climb in. "So have you actually been in a hot tub before?"

"Once. There was a time when in middle school, we were allowed to sit in a hot tub at the hotel. Well, at least with the teachers around," Trixie said, slowly sinking her foot into the tub. And soon the rest of her was slowly sinking into the hot tub, sighing with pleasure as the hot water bubbling all around her. "Ahhh... Oh that feels nice..."

"I feel rejuvenated already..." Adagio said, sinking deeper into the hot tub. She looked to her side, looking at that adorable face and her eyes widened. Trixie took off her glasses. Okay, sure she took them off a few times, but she barely saw her without them. But she was looking at this adorable magician without them for what felt like the first time.

"Oh my, Trixie..."

Trixie blushed.

"What?"

"... Do you mind if I be blunt?"

"S-Sure."

"You look beautiful."

The magician blushed. "Dagi..."

"Come on..." Adagio nuzzled her cheek, leaning against her. "You know you are."

Trixie, as per usual, couldn't stop smiling. She leaned closer to Adagio, cuddling next to her as the hot bubbling water made her completely forget about her troubles. It felt so nice against her skin, and even more so that she was cuddling with her girlfriend.

Adagio pulled her head off her shoulder and she turned her body around to face her. She stroked her bare shoulders, softly massaging her. All the while she just looked deep into the eyes of that adorable face.

"I do not care what anyone says. I love you for who you are. Because you are the sweetest, kindest young woman I have ever met," Adagio cooed, stroking her cheek. The way Trixie leaned into her hand was just as adorable as that smile.

"Oh you," Trixie blushed, laying against her shoulder. Adagio smiled, kissing her forehead, and stroking her cheek. A nice relaxing hot bath, snuggling up with her girlfriend after a day of fun?

This was a perfect day.

Comments ( 2 )

I swear, those two are adorable! :rainbowkiss:

A great ending to a great story! :twilightsmile:

"The Creature from the Depths from 1953," Trixie read. "I thought we could have fun watching an old monster movie. Unless you rather watch something else...?"

Idle thought, you might want to put a comma after the movie title, just for the sake of differentiating it from the date it released. I should have caught that earlier, my bad.

That being said, this was a good helping of fluff and sweetness, nice way to close the story out on! :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment