• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,206 Views, 14 Comments

The Princess and the Donut shopper. - Heyyeayeayeayeaah



Donut Joe meets Luna at the shop, and so starts their friendship, maybe more.

  • ...
0
 14
 1,206

La Chez Mane

Chapter 4
As soon as I got up I headed over to La Chez Mane and luckily they still had a table open for tonight. After that I headed back and opened up shop. Work really couldn’t have gone any slower today. It was a very average day for what it was, ponies coming in and out as usual, getting their donuts and everything else I sold. I enjoy running the shop and all, but tonight wouldn’t be able to come quick enough. I closed up an hour early so I had time to get ready and meet the princess at the castle. I hired a coach, because well, that’s what high class ponies do too I figured. The coach arrived; I asked the gentlecolts pulling my carriage to head to the castle and was on my way.
------
The ride to the castle was nice, I don’t ride in a carriage very often, and it was a nice change of pace from walking everywhere. We pulled up and I stepped out, feeling pretty classy for just a common pony. I came to the entrance and asked the guards if they would let Princess Luna know Joe was here, which was met with a look of disbelief.
“I’m sorry sir the Princess has previous engagements for tonight”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes. She was very specific, she said she would be waiting the arrival of a colt tonight and wouldn’t be taking any visitors until after that.”
“Well I think that might be me.” This was met with another look of disbelief.
“Are you sure?”
“I think so, maybe you could ask the Princess to come here for a moment?”
“Very well, I will let her know.” The guard proceeded to enter the castle, and returned momentarily. “You may wait in the foyer, she said she would be down momentarily.” The guard replied. "My apologies for the misunderstanding.”
“It’s alright we all make mistakes.” I joked, as I walked by the guards and into the castle. The first thing I noticed was that, well it was big. It was really big. And gosh it was amazing how well constructed it was, the architecture was astounding. The floors were all marble and the interior was fit for royalty, actually it was for royalty so that makes sense. I was so fixated on the interior I hadn’t even noticed Princess Luna coming down the stairs to greet me.
“Joe I’m glad you made it.” I hadn’t known she had been right next to me, but when I did, I couldn’t help notice how beautiful she looked tonight. She wore a dark purple dress, It matched her so perfectly it left me speechless, which is when I realized I had been standing there for a minute just smiling.
“Oh uh… I am too Princess”
“So what did you have planned for us tonight?”
“I thought we could try something different, so I made reservations at La Chez Mane.”
“Oh fantastic, I love that place! We can take the Royal Carriage, guards would you please make the Drivers aware that we require a ride for tonight?” She called back to the guards as we went from the foyer back outside. Within a minute, or at least before I had time to tell her I had a coach set up, a carriage being pulled by 4 Pegasi, landed in the courtyard. The carriage was at least twice as large as the coach I had rented, and appeared to be made of gold and some other precious metals, and in the light it shined like a diamond. It was nice but I had already agreed to be carted by the ponies pulling my cart, and as a businessman myself I can’t justify making someone lose business.
“Well that is quite a carriage princess, but I already arranged for one.” I said pointing over to my carriage. She took a look at it for a second before saying,
“How thoughtful Joe, I absolutely love it.”
“I mean we could always take the Royal carriage if you wanted to.”
“This is perfect Joe, I couldn’t ask for anything more.”
“Well thank you Princess” I said, holding the door open for her.
------

The ride to La Chez Mane was great, it went through a scenic part of town, but I couldn’t take my eyes off Luna long enough to enjoy it. When we got there I opened the carriage door for her like the gentlecolt I am, and helped her step down. As I was helping her out Fleur de Lis and Fancy Pants stopped by.

“Oh hello Princess, it’s so nice to see you, you never go out anymore it seems.” Fleur remarked

“It’s a pleasure to see you too.”

“So what brings you to La Chez Mane tonight?” She asked.

“Well actually I’m on a date.”

“Oh that’s wonderful, who is the lucky colt?” Didn’t she see me right here? I felt like saying something but I guess I’m not one to speak out.

“This is Joe, the kindest, pony I’ve ever had the privilege to meet.” Luna said putting her wing around me.

Ooooh, I thought that was your chauffeur, enjoy your night Luna.”

“I’m sure I will, thank you Fleur.”
“Don’t worry about her Joe, she's always joking like that.” I didn’t know what to make of this I was being insulted, I think, but in what way? Princess Luna liked me for who I was and I knew that, it didn’t matter what anypony thought, if I was good enough or not, all that mattered to me was how Luna felt and nothing else.
“I’m fine Princess, let’s just find our table.” We got inside where we were greeted eagerly by a colt ready to take my jacket to the coat room.
“Well thank you, wow Princess this sure is a nice place I’m betting the food will be fantast…” I looked up to notice that the waiters and I all had the same shirt and tie. This is turning out to be one odd night.

Comments ( 3 )

Seems like a nice story so far. The format is getting better so thats a plus. An original pairing I find so good job! Keep up the good work man :eeyup:

1268732
Thanks dude, the first few chapters are kind of a build up to the main plot, but I think that as I write more and read more of other peoples' stories I get better at writing myself. Again thanks for the compliment by the way, and I'm glad you like it so far.

1272962
Thanks man, I'm glad you like it.

Login or register to comment