• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,206 Views, 14 Comments

The Princess and the Donut shopper. - Heyyeayeayeayeaah



Donut Joe meets Luna at the shop, and so starts their friendship, maybe more.

  • ...
0
 14
 1,206

Today's The Day.

Chapter 3
My heart beat faster and my mind started to race. I looked at her, and for that moment time stood still. “It’s alright though” I thought “Worst comes to worst she says no.” But that was the worst, I had never felt this way about anypony before, and I didn’t think that I ever would again. If she said no, she might stop coming by the shop, and I might never see her again, why did I ask her that? She’s a princess I sell donuts, it would never work, I’m sure a million other Stallions have asked her for a night out and she said no, and I sure all those stallions were more qualified to take her out. What was I thinking? Now I’ll neve…
“Well I hadn’t planned on anything; I would love to take a walk with you Joe.” As she said this I couldn’t help feel like the happiest pony around. I mean it, I can’t remember a time I felt more ecstatic.
I know a walk isn’t much of a first date, and at this point I wasn’t even sure if this was a date, but it was something. Fortunately I had lived in Canterlot for a while now and I think I might know the best spot around for telling a pony how you feel about them. And that was what this night was about, finally telling Luna that she meant something to me, and that nothing made me happier than getting to spend time with her.
------
We kept on our way, talking all the while. I told her the story about the Friendship Express which she seemed to find funny, and she told me about Nightmare Night this year, about how delighted she was to play games and “double the fun” and spend time with her subjects. We were getting close to the balcony, where you can see for miles over Equestria. The sun was going down, and I knew she would have to leave soon but I knew I had to tell her, what I came here to. We took a seat on a bench facing the overlook, and watched the sun go down.
“Such a pretty sight, isn’t it?” I asked
“I have to agree Joe, it is quite lovely.”
“Only the best for you Luna.”
“You’re so thoughtful Joe, you always know just what to say to me.”
I could see her blush as she turned to smile at me. This was it, time to tell her.
“So princess, you mentioned earlier, you enjoyed spending time with your subjects?”
“Yes it brightens my day every time.”
“Well I was wondering if you liked spending time with me, because well, I really like the time we spend together, and when I’m with you, there’s nothing else I’d rather be doing.”
She remained silent for what felt like forever before responding.
“ I’m sorry, I don’t know what to say.” As I heard this all I could think was; I tried, I did my best, what could I do now. I put myself out there, and she just didn’t feel the same, who could blame her though? I guess some things just aren’t meant to be.
“Never mind, forget I said anything.”
I felt the smile run away from my face as I came to this realization, and a feeling of heavyheartedness moved in. I’d always just be another civilian to her, nothing more.
“Goodnight Princess” That was the last thing I ever thought I’d say to her, but as I was getting up to leave I felt her put her wing around me. I turned to her somewhat confused.
“Joe… no one makes me as happy as you do, and every time we are together I feel like we are meant to be.” She leaned in and kissed me, just on the cheek, but really what more could I ask for at this moment. “But Joe” oh no here it comes… “I have to relieve Princess Celestia and guard the night, but it would mean everything to me if we could see eachother tomorrow?”
“That sounds good to me princess.” She waved good bye as she flew away. I sat there for a minute and even though she wasn’t here with me, I didn’t feel alone. It’s hard to explain how somepony else could make you feel, but I think more alive than I’ve ever felt before sums it up pretty well. I was on top of the world for the moment, but I couldn’t help but think about how pessimistic about the whole thing I was, that is before she kissed me. Why was I always so hard on myself? I hadn’t ever really had feelings for anypony before, but maybe that is what makes this different, and all in all things couldn’t have gone better for me. I had the girl now, or at least I was working on it, I got to see her again tomorrow, she kissed me, and I won first prize in The National Dessert Competition today.
------
I was pretty deep in thought as I made my way back to the shop, I knew I wasn’t the richest pony around but I knew that didn’t matter to her right now, I just wanted to be there for her and give her the things in life money can’t buy. Then again taking her out for a nice dinner wouldn’t be too bad either, I have a few bits saved up, and I know a few nice places. Come to think of it that’s a pretty good idea; I’ll take her to La Chez Mane, yes it’s pretty expensive, and it’s the fanciest place around, and I’ve never been there, but that’s the kind of places princesses like to eat. I unlocked my front door, went upstairs, got my best suit out of the closet, ironed it, and went to bed. Tomorrow was going to be alright, what could go wrong?