• Published 8th Nov 2019
  • 1,221 Views, 16 Comments

Silent Dawn - Blueelectric

  • ...
6
 16
 1,221

Ch.14:Camp Everfree(Magic?!)

Aria rolled around the bed the next morning, as a gust of wind found it's way inside the tent, teasing her purple mint streak hair.

She opened her violet eyes to the pretty girl sleeping beside her. Her eyes widened as she remembered last night. Her heart fluttered with joy as she reached out and brushed a stray hair from Silent's face. She touched her shoulder and gently shook her awake.

Silent eyes slowly flutter opened and stared back at her. "We better get up and get ready." She said as Silent blinked her eyes a couple times as she was trying to process what had happened last night. She then smiled and gave a kiss.

Aria blushed and kissed her back. They both hopped out of bed, got dressed, and head out of the tent. They look around as each campers slowly crept out of their designated tents.

The P.A cut one and the cheerful voice of Gloriosa came on. "Greetings, campers! Breakfast is now serving in the mess hall and get ready for Day Two of Camp Everfree!" The P.A cut off.

They all start to head to the log cabin like building. Aria and Silent followed along while holding each other's hands. Adagio and Sonata was in front them. Adagio look back at the two, poked Sonata on the shoulder, and gestured towards them with a thumb.

They stopped for a couple of seconds to let the newly found lovers catch up. Adagio smiled knowingly as she glanced at their intertwined hands.

"So that's why you two weren't at the bon fire last night. " She teased. "So, are you two officially together?" Aria blushed and gave Silent a loving smile.

"Yeah, she was upset with something so we talked it out. We told each other our feelings and we shared our first kiss." Aria smiled widened as Silent leaned her head against her shoulder as they continued to walk towards the mess hall, trailing behind the other campers. "It was magical." She added breathtakingly as she stared into her girlfriend's gorgeous blue eyes.

Sonata grinned happily and gave Aria and Silent both a hug. "Oh, I'm so happy for both of you. I already known, since Pinkie told me about it last night!" She said.

Sonata turn to Adagio with a grin. "I guess that makes two of us. So, Dagi, when are you and Sunset going to be official?" She questioned.

The oldest former siren shrugged and smirked. "Oh, we already are. We been together a little longer than you four and I didn't want to tell you guys yet. Not until you four made it official. I decided to tell you when you did. So I kept it a secret." Adagio admitted. She look at them in triumph. "So now here we are."

Sonata look back at her dumbfounded. She scowled and pinched Adagio's arm. "You jerk!" the yellow skinned girl flinched away giggling.

Adagio then gazed at Silent with a serious expression. "Silent, you didn't had another one of your attacks last night, did you?" Silent shook her head. Adagio sighed in relief.

Sonata raised an eyebrow with concern. "Then why were you upset? I saw you pacing along the lake before Aria rushed down there."

Aria exchanged a glance with Silent. "Silent, can I borrow your notebook for a minute?" Silent nodded and grabbed her notebook from her pocket. "Thanks, Si." She said as she grabbed it and flipped it to the conversation Silent wrote last night.

She gave Adagio the notebook. "She was upset because of this." Her oldest sister grabbed it and read through it. Adagio's eyes started to water when she was finished.

She gave the notebook back to Silent as she started to choke up. Silent stared at her friend with concern as she placed her hand on her shoulder.

Adagio gently pushes it away. "I'm sorry. I need to be alone right now." She said as she turned around and walk back towards her tent.

Silent watched her and spotted Sunset and her friends ahead of them. She let go of Aria's hand and ran up to the red and gold streak hair girl. Sunset turned around as Silent tapped her shoulder.

Sunset smiled. "Oh, good morning Silent." She frowned as she saw a look of urgent in Silent's face. "What's wrong."

Silent turned a page in her notebook and wrote. "Adagio went back to her tent. She was upset with something. Please check on her, she need you right now."

Sunset nodded after she read it and ran off after her girlfriend. She show her other friends when they were wondering where she's going.

Fluttershy put her hands towards her mouth. "Oh, I hope Adagio's okay." She said, worriedly. Applejack nodded in agreement. "Yeah. That's not like her."

"But what made her so upset, darling?" Asked Rarity. Silent lowered her head to the ground sadly and shrugged. "Come on girls, lets go and find out." Said Twilight as she and Spike walk after Sunset. The girls nodded in agreement and went after her.

Silent watch them go with a look guilt in her face. I didn't mean to make her upset. I'm sorry Adagio. She spotted Aria and Sonata walking towards her. Silent ran back towards Aria and hugged her. Aria hugged her back.

Aria kissed her cheek as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Sonata go with the others." The blue skinned girl nodded in affirmative and did what she said, leaving them alone. The other students ahead of them had already went in.

She let go of her and sat on the ground. Aria motion her beloved to sat on her lap and wrapped her arms around her when she did. Silent laid her head on her chest.

"Silent, you did nothing wrong." Aria said as she gently rubbed her face with a thumb. "I know you didn't mean to upset her, but what you said last night must of hit a nerve. Especially the part where you said how could I ever loved you. I guess she felt the same way about her and Sunset. Like she doesn't deserved it."

She kissed her lips briefly. "Now, come on. Lets get breakfast. I'm starving.

*****

After breakfast the students, went down towards the dock to start the activities and to finish the dock. Derpy blewed a whistle as she and some other students rode on a sailboat.

Aria and Silent were resting on a bench when the boat suddenly crashed into the dock, breaking the almost built dock. "What in the world?" Exclaimed Aria as she and her girlfriend hopped off.

They rushed towards the dock to find Derpy, Sandalwood and Timber laying there. Applejack and Rainbow Dash helped them up on their feet. They were unscathed, but in shock.

"What happened?" Asked Rainbow. Twilight flinched. "I didn't mean to!"

Sunset look on in disbelief as she comfort her. "We didn't see anything, so we don't know what happened." She explained. She ran up to them.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Sandalwood nodded still in shock. "Yeah. It was so weird. We were stuck in the middle of the lake with no wind, then bam! The wind picked up, and we were pushed right into the dock."

Pinkie gasped. "You don't think it was the spirit, do you?!" Twilight mumbled something under her breath.

"What spirit?" Asked Aria. Pinkie turn to them. "Oh, right! You two weren't with us last night!" She exclaimed. "Well, Timber told us this story about this ghost called Gaea Everfree! Apparently she haunts this camp!"

"Spirit, show yourself!" Shouted Trixie. "The Great and Powerful Trixie demands it!" Pinkie Pie face palmed. Aria snorted. "There's no such thing as ghosts!" Her eyes widened as she spotted glitter in the water.

"What's that?!" Asked Rarity. Rainbow stared at the ruined dock in distraught. "Oh, man! All our hard work, ruined!" Fluttershy watched as a couple of fish came up from the water and ate the glitter.

"At least the fishies are eating well." She commented.

Sunset and Adagio started to pick up the broken wood. "Let's salvage what we can out of the water. Maybe we can still fix this."

"We have to try! Camp Everfree needs a runway!" Rarity agreed loudly. "Dock." Corrected Applejack. "Dock. Yes. That's what I meant." Rarity said quickly.

****

The campers continued as usual, rotating between working on the dock and doing activates. Aria and Silent wanted to try rock climbing waiting to go after Applejack and Rarity. Aria was wondering how Rarity is climbing up there wearing hills.

"Rock climbing is all about perseverance and trust." Said Principal Celestia as she watched Rarity struggle. "Rarity, you can trust Applejack to spot you."

"Yeah, so you can totally go faster than you're going." Rainbow Dash remarked. "Rainbow Dash!" Applejack snapped. Rainbow scowled at her. "Sorry. I've been waiting to do this since we got her."

"Well, you have to wait a little longer, darling." Rarity said as she tried to climb even higher with Applejack helping her. Silent turned and spotted Twilight and Timber walking out of the woods.

Rainbow spotted her and her eyes lit up . "Oh, good! Twilight, if you spot me, I can finally go. I'll go get another harness."

"I'm not sure-" Twilight began. Timber cut her off. "I better make sure my sister doesn't need anything. See you later?" Twilight blushed and nodded as Timber salute her.

Silent watched them curiously. Is it just me or they're getting closer? Her train of thought paused when Sunset, Spike and Adagio ran over to her. "Twilight, there you are! We were looking for you!"

Suddenly the ground started to shake, causing the students to scream in terror. Silent held onto Aria for dear life. The shaking stop immediately.

Spike look up at Twilight. "Was that an earthquake?" Twilight shook her head. "We aren't near any fault line."

Bulk Biceps shouted. "Hey! Who left this crystaly dusty stuff here?!" They all look to find the same glittery trail that was on the lake.

"That looks like magic." Aria whispered to Silent. They heard Rarity screaming and turn to find Rarity dangling from the rope. "I-I believe I want to come down now!" She yelped.

Applejack was struggling with the rope. "Sorry. It's a bit stuck." She said through gritted teeth. Suddenly, she pulled making the dangling fashion diva go higher, like she didn't have a problem at all. Applejack accidentally let go, making Rarity fall. Applejack caught her in before she hit he ground.

Rarity screamed at her. "Applejack! What are you doing?!" Principal Celestia walked over to them with concern as Applejack let her gently touch the ground. "Is everything okay over there?"

Applejack shrugged. "Uh, I don't know what happened. I didn't even pull the rope that hard. It's like she's light as a feather all of a sudden."

Rarity leaned against the wooden rock wall, breathing heavily. "I was scared half to death!"

"It wasn't my fault!" Applejack explained as she walked up to her. "Let me get you're harness out." Rarity sheild herself with her hand. "No, thank you!"

She somehow shot out a blue diamond like shield. It pushed Applejack right into the lake. The farmer girl screamed in alarm as the water splashed. A very wet Applejack got out and spit out a mouthful of water. She was missing a hat,

"What in the world just happened?!" Exclaimed Celestia as she watched in shock. "Oh, dear! I am so sorry! I think." Said a very confused Rarity. She turn to the others.

"Did I just do whatever that was?" Asked Rarity. "I don't think it was your fault." Twilight explained. "I'm gonna go get Applejack a towel."

"Me too." Added Sunset. She glanced at Adagio. "You want to come too?" Adagio nodded. Sunset dropped Spike as they walk away.

Aria put her arm around Silent protectively as she saw Gloriosa stopped the three girls in their tracks. Silent gave her girlfriend a confused look.

Suddenly they heard a loud scream from the building. Silent's eyes widened. It sounded like Fluttershy. She ran after Sunset with Aria behind her.

A huge mess greeted them as they went inside the cabin. Cookie dough was everywhere. There was even some on the ceiling. Pinkie and Fluttershy was at the table. Their hair was sticking up like there was an explosion that had set off.

"What happened?!" Questioned Sunset. "I don't know. We were just decorating cookies and-" Fluttershy explained. Pinkie cut her off.

"And I all, "You need more sprinkles! And you need more sprinkles!" Pinkie exclaimed as she was acting like Oprah.

"So, standard Pinkie Pie stuff." Sunset said. "I was tossing sprinkles to Fluttershy, when all of a sudden they glow and exploded!" Pinkie chimed in grabbing some sprinkles. It glowed and exploded as she dropped it on the table. "Just like that, only earlier!

"Wait! You can make bombs with sprinkles?!" Asked Aria in disbelief. "Yep!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Oookay!" Sunset said as went over to her and grabbed her arm away from the sprinkles. "Why don't you lay off touching stuff for a while?"

"Oh, dear." Stated Fluttershy as she went over to the shelf. "We should clean this up." She tried to get the roll paper towels but she can't reach. "Can someone help me out?"

An orange bird went over and grabbed it. It then gave it to Fluttershy and land on her finger. The bird tweets at her. "Thank you, Mr. Bird." The girl said gratefully.

The bird chirped again.

"Why, of course I can get you a little something to-" She said as she walked a little. She paused and gasped as she stared at the bird. "Did you just... talk?" She asked in confusement.

The bird chirped again.

"But I don't speak "chirp"."

She and the bird converted more until more birds came in, even two large owls. They landed on her arms. "It's nice to meet you all, too."

"Were you just talking to the birds?" Asked Sunset. Fluttershy smiled nervously. "Um, yes?"

The door slammed open, revealing Applejack and Rarity, making Fluttershy scream and the birds fly away. "Did you tell them what happened? So crazy! I hoisted Rarity up the rock climbin' wall like it was nothin'! Like I had way more strength than I usually do." Exclaimed Applejack.

"And I made a diamondy thing appear out of nowhere, which normally I'd be excited about." Added Rarity. "I mean the facets were just perfect and-"

"Rarity!" Applejack shouted cutting her rambling off. Rarity smiled at her apologetically. "Oh, sorry. It knock Applejack over and then it disappeared!"

"Speaking of disappearing, has anybody seen Rainbow Dash?" As soon as Applejack said that, a rainbow blur rush forward speedily

Rainbow screamed and hit the wall. She fell on the floor with a thud. "Ow!" She shouted, holding her head. "Whoa! How'd you do that?" Applejack asked, astonished.

Rainbow stand up, recovering quickly and explained, "I don't know. I started running to get the harness, and the next thing I knew, I was practically back in town!"

"But if you had some sort of super speed, why were you gone for so long?" Asked Rarity.

Rainbow scratched the back of her head. "Because I lost it when I was far away. And then it came back when I got close to camp."

Pinkie gasped. "Being at camp is giving us all new magical abilities!"

"Not all of us have gotten new abilities." Sunset explained. "I haven't, but Twilight-... hasn't, either." She added staring at the purple girl in question.

"And none of us haven't, either." Added Adagio.

Apllejack sighed and cross her arms. "So much for my theory that leavin' CHS would mean leavin' any new magic business behind."

"Something at the camp must be making this happened." Said Sunset. "Um, Gaea Everfree?" Fluttershy offered.

The door was kicked opened, showing a shadowy figure, making every one in the room screamed in fright. The figure was revealed to be Gloriosa Daisy, carrying towels and Applejack's hat.

"Applejack! I was looking for you! Here, I brought you some towels and dry cloths." She gave the towels and hat to Applejack. She look around the room. "Uh, what happened in here?"

"We're still trying to figure it out." Sunset explained. "Well, don't worry about it. I got this!" Gloriosa said.

Sandalwood and Derpy burst in. "Gloriosa, I kicked my beanbag into the lake!" Sandalwood explained. "I'll get you another one!" The camp counselor promised as her eye twitched.

Derpy held up a bow and broken arrows. "And I'm all out of arrows!" Gloriosa held up a hand. "Say no more! New arrows coming right up!"

Timber Spruce barges in, catching his breath. "There you are!" He panted. In a hush voice he added, "Filthy Rich is back. Do you want me to handle it?"

"Absolutely not!" His sister hissed. In a normal voice she said, "I've got this!" She walked out, brushing Sunset in the process. "Fluttershy, enough with the screaming!" Sunset barked.

"I didn't scream." Fluttershy said. "For once." Rainbow agreed. "Nobody did." Added Rarity.

"Huh?" Asked a very confused Sunset.

The P.A turned on and they heard the voice of Celestia. "Attention, campers! Anyone who's interested in making floating paper lanterns, please meet us by the picnic tables."

"I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I've been lookin' forward to comin' here for a month." Said Applejack. "Maybe we forget about this "new magic" for a bit and just try to focus on enjoyin' our time at camp?"

Aria nodded. "I agree. I'm going to the picnic tables and I'll meet you there." She held her hand out to Silent. "You want to come with me?"

She nodded and took her hand as they both walk out the door. They were surprise to find the sun almost down. They walk towards the picnic tables hand in hand. They both paused and shared a quick kiss.

Aria leaned towards her ear and whispered, "I love you." Silent smiled and kissed her cheek. They hugged each other, sharing each other's warmth.

Aria smiled as she felt Silent's heart thumping in sync with hers. They parted from the hug and continued to walk as they held each other's hands. Aria brushed her thumb against her hand as they made their way towards the picnic tables.

****

It was now night time and the students gathered around the lake to make their lanterns float. Silent's friends were suprised at the painting of a golden retriever's face on hers. None were more surprised than Gloriosa.

"Wow! We got an artist here!" She had said as she checked on hers and Aria's. Aria glared at her when she walked away. Aria's own was a picture of her star with the music note.

Fluttershy smiled. "That picture is very cute, Silent." She praised. "Yeah!" Spike agreed as he barked at the painting.

They all tossed their lanterns towards the sky. Pinkie's, however, crashes before it hit the ground, because it was made of only marshmallow and glue.

It catched on fire when it hit the ground. "Awe! Oh, well! I get to eat it!" She gobbled it up as the rest look on in disgust and in awe. "Yep, beautiful and delicious."

Aria and Silent smiled and leaned against each other as they watched their lanterns float with the others.

"Let's go and get ready to swim tonight. Well head back out here when everyone is sleeping." Aria whispered. Silent nodded as they both went to their tent.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment