• Published 8th Nov 2019
  • 1,216 Views, 16 Comments

Silent Dawn - Blueelectric

  • ...
6
 16
 1,216

Ch.8:Friendship Games Part 2

They gathered in the library as Sunset told what they saw to the others. "She was defiantly doing something to the statue," She finished. "Or was going to." Fluttershy gasped in fright. "Do you think she came through the portal from Equestria?" Sunset shook her head. "No, I would'a noticed that. I think she was from over here."

"Plus, we saw her got on the city bus." Added Sonata. "Well, that's a relief." Commented Applejack as she put her feet on the table leaning back a little in the chair she sitting on. "The last thing we need is another magical so-and-so bent on world domination comin' over from Equestria." She added with a wink.

Aria scowled at the farm girl. Where's the "no offence"? "Agreed." Added Rarity as she was sowing a piece of fabric. "I have no interest in a fight against the powers of evil magic. The wear and tear on my wardrobe is just to much to keep up with. Adagio spoke up. "Still, a mysterious figure snooping around the portal? Don't you wanna know what she was up to?"

Fluttershy shutters. "I don't even want to guess." Rainbow Dash came up from behind a bookshelf as she announced, "Well you don't have to. Because I totally figured out who it was!" Pinkie popped in front of her showing random books. "Ooh, ooh! A nighttime statue cleaner? A magical portal maintenance maintainer?" She leaned close to her face. "A gardener?!"

Rainbow shoved her away as she continued. "Seeing as she got off a bus from the city and got on a bus headed to the city, I'll bet they go to..." All but The Dazzlings, Sunset, and Silent finished. "Crystal Prep." Sonata raised an eyebrow. "You mean that school we're competing with?"

Rainbow nodded her head. "Yep." She answered. "With the Friendship Games starting today, they'd totally try to prank us by defacing the Wondercolts statue." "Why would anyone take a bus all the way from the city for that?" Questioned Sunset.

"Because the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts are our biggest rival? " answered Applejack.

"Because that's just what the students at Crystal Prep would do?" Added Rarity.

Rainbow Dash pulled out a yearbook. "Because even though they beat us at everything," She opened it to the sporting section. "Soccer, tennis, golf... They still have to gloat." Aria smiled. "It's a good thing Silent and us aren't competing."

All but Silent and The Dazzilings stared at her. "Principle Celestia pulled us to the side as we got in. She said since Silent's predicament and Since we're new here we don't have to compete." She exclaimed. "But she said we could still watch and support you guys." They smiled as they nodded.

Sunset added. "And it seems kinda silly to me." All but Silent and The Dazzilings gasped. "Silly?!" Rainbow scowled at her. "So I guess you think the Friendship Games are kinda silly, too." Sunset shrugged. "Well, it's not like we'll be fighting the powers of evil magic."

Fluttershy put a hand on her shoulder. "No. We'll be fighting against a school full of meanies. Not everything has to be magical to be important." Sunset sighed. "Your right. I'm sorry. I know it's a big deal." Rarity scoffs. "That's putting it mildly, darling. They're still revamping the playing field in preparation."

Adagio raised her eyebrow. "For what?" The ivory skinned girl shrugged. Sunset spoke again. "I just don't understand why there's this big rivalry. Aren't the "Friendship Games" supposed to be our two school getting along?" Applejack shrugged with a frown. "Well, it's kinda hard to get along with someone who beats you at everything."

"Not anymore!" Shouted Rainbow Dash. "This time it's gonna be different." "What do you mean?" Sunset asked curiously. Rainbow Dash winked at her. "Oh, you'll find out."

The Dazzilings and Silent were sitting on the bleachers in the gym with the rest of the students. Principle Celestia walked up on the stage to speak in the microphone. She cleared her throat. "As you all know, today, Canterlot High School will be hosting our fellow students from Crystal Prep Academy as we join together in the spirit of excellence, sportsmanship, and fidelity to compete in the Friendship Games."

The students cheered unenthused, barely clapping. Principle Celestia continued. "Since the games happen every four years, I'm sure you're all curious what goes on." "You mean than us losing?!" Flash Sentry interrupted, standing up.

Celestia glared at him as she finished. "And that is exactly why I've asked Rainbow Dash to come up and give you all a little, um... context." She moved aside as a marching band was heard behind the curtains.

Rainbow Dash came up from behind the curtain, wearing a Wondercolt marching band uniform. She grabbed the Mic from Principle Celestia and step forward. "Thank you, Principle Celestia." She clears her throat as she spoke louder. "I know a lot of you might think there's no way we can beat a fancy school like Crystal Prep at anything."

"Unless it a "losing to Crystal Prep" competition! 'Cause we are very good at that!" Pinkie shouted sarcastically. Rainbow groans in frustration. "And I know that CHS has never won the Friendship Games even once." Rarity gulped nervously. "Oh, dear. I hope this speech isn't motivational." Aria nodded in agreement.

Rainbow Dash spoke louder, the matching band even louder. "Crystal Prep students are super athletic, super smart, and super motivated. But there's one thing they aren't. They aren't Wondercolts!" The marching band appeared behind her with a magenta hair girl in lead holding a baton.

She started to sing how they fought magic twice and other schools can't make that claim. She continued to sing until the rest of the school join in. Adagio, Aria, and Silent didn't join in. Silent look on in shock as Rainbow Dash was sprouting wing, pony ears, and longer hair into a ponytail as she floats in a blue sparkly glow.

They met with her after the prep rally under the stairs. Fluttershy was the first to congratulate her. "Rainbow Dash, that was amazing! Even I feel like we can!" Rarity nodded her head with agreement. "I feel like my school pride is at an all-time high!"

"Is anyone else wonderin' how Dash ponied up without playin' her guitar?" Asked Applejack, as she motioned her fingers like she's playing it herself. Silent nodded in agreement. She doesn't even know what ponying up really is. Before she got out her notebook to say anything, Rainbow Dash spoke up proudly. "I know right? It's probably because I'm so awesome!"

"Maybe." Agreed Sunset Shimmer. "I mean, you are awesome, but there's gotta be more to it, right? It's just seems so random." "Well," Spoke up Vice Principle Luna behind her. "It could be nice if you girls could get a handle on it. We'd like to keep magic as far away from the Friendship Games as possible. We don't want to be accused of cheating." She warned.

Rarity scoffs. "We don't need magic to beat those hoity-toity Crystal Preppers." All but Rarity, Sunset, Luna, Silent and The Dazzilings agreed. Rarity giggled.

"Still," put in Luna. "The Friendship Games are serious business. We don't want any surprises. Especially the kind that would cause us to forfeit. Sunset Shimmer, you came here from a world of magic. Perhaps you can get to the bottom of our magical development." Sunset nodded as she walked off. "I'll do my best."

Adagio walked up to her. "I'll help you out, Shimmer." Sunset stared at her best friend in the eyes. "Thanks. I would like that." They both blushed furiously. Rainbow Dash cleared her throat to get their attention.

"Okay. I don't know what's that about. But does anybody have any guesses what the events are going to be?" Pinkie Pie grabbed a random cake and pie. "Pie eating? Cake eating?" She gasped as she shoved them both into her face. "Pie-cake eating?!"

They rolled her eyes at her. "They won't even let us see what they're doin' to the field." Answered Applejack as she shakes her head. "You think they'd at least tell competitors what they're competing in." Sonata shrugged. "Maybe it's a surprise? Like that mystery lunch meat." They all shutter at that.

"It could be anything." Fluttershy said. "Anything?!" Asked a very panicking Rarity. "How will I pick the right outfit?!"

"I really want to help," Sunset said. "But I think Adagio and I better go focus on figuring why Rainbow Dash ponied up. See ya later!" She left the room along with Adagio. "And I'm going to get fresh air outside on the front stairs." Added Aria. She turned and held out a hand for Silent."Coming with me?" Silent nodded and took her hand.

The others watched with shock as they left. "Sonata?" Asked Rainbow Dash. "Yes?" Answered the only siren left in the room. "Can you tell us, what the hay just happened with your sisters?" Sonata shook her head, watching Pinkie licking the mess from her face, blushing. "Nope!"