• Published 23rd Feb 2020
  • 376 Views, 15 Comments

Spiritually Divided - Applefai

  • ...
 15
 376

A soulful confession

Twilight jumped hearing the sudden voice that seemed to come out of nowhere and picked up the nearest object as a means to defend herself, holding the alarm clock firmly in her hand she looked at where she thought she heard the voice, but found nothing in her closet or under her bed until she felt something grab her shoulder and she let out a little gasp. After a while Twilight begun to hear a laugh and a being materialize in front of her, Twilight could just stand in shock as tears filled her eyes as she saw a robe, deer like antlers on a headband, and a warm and friendly smile.

"Hey, Star child." the figure said as Twilight ran up to him.

"Thorax!" Twilight called his name.

Twilight ran up to Thorax who had spread out his arms to pull her into a hug. "Sorry, if I've been quiet lately, so now you know? I'm sorry I lied about being your imaginary friend.

"So you're actually a ghost?" Twilight asked in bewilderment as she embraced the hug.

"Yes, I was born in 1946 while my brother was born in '45, while he was in college I got drafted and shipped off to fight along with Bright Mac, but I'm sure miss Smith already told ya." Thorax said answering Twi's question.

"That's pretty cool, but why haven't you passed on and how can you hug me, now that I think about it." The studious girl asked as she remembers what she knows about ghost.

Thorax broke the hug and sat with Twilight on her bed. "I guess I wanted to make sure my mother and brother would be alright, and my friend Bright Mac. He has a beautiful family and I was there on his wedding day, I was crying because of how happy I was for him." Thorax answered as he tears up.

"Oh, wait. If you were there then why didn't you reach out, you could've saved your brother and mother." Twilight asked curiously.

Thorax hung his head a little shamefully. "I wasn't strong enough, I had to train to be able to move objects or even hold on to things or people."

"Oh. I'm sorry." The purple haired girl said as she threw another hug around Thorax.

"It's ok star child." Thorax said as he clung to her.

"So have you tried reaching out to others?" Twilight asked still hugging her friend.

Thorax broke the hug to make eye contact. "No, other people didn't have a hard time making friends, also you have a special gift star child. You're an empathy, you can sense energies which is why you could see me at a young age and even now.

Twilight's eyes sparkled as Thorax spoke to her before tearing up. "I'm just sorry I forgot about you for awhile, the therapist convinced me that you were imaginary and I thought she was right." Twilight began to break down and started hyperventilating while she cried.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment