• Published 15th Aug 2019
  • 780 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout Equestria: First Responders - Chokfi



When the bombs fall, the world is dropped into a land of confusion. No one knows what to do, and the first line against mass panic are the first responders. The brave mares and stalions that once risked their lives for ponies, now do for Equestria.

  • ...
2
 15
 780

Chapter Seven

Aspa River Hospital, Arimaspi Territory
Tuesday, March 17th, 5:40 PM
Final Day, 5 Hours After
Smudge Stick
”A local healthfood herbalist brought everything he had.
The painkillers were useful, and the poultices weren't bad.“

Smudge was tired as hell, walking out of town. She had spent the last few hours gathering up her entire home, all of her things, to bring to the doctors at the hospital. They scavangers had told her supplies were running low, so she though that it would be a good idea to try and bring in her stock. It was a long time, but eventualy she arived at the front entrance to the hospital.

"Halt!" A voice came, a stalion in a police uniform. His left arm was wrapped in a bandage, but he still stood tight and errect. "Name and profession?" He asked, doggedly looking her up and down. He seemed to snear at her clothes and her wagon a little bit, the Romani athstetic only making him seem more stand-offish.

"I'm Smudge, I run the herbalist in town?" She said, looking herself up and down. She was dressed in her traveler's best, a bright yellow sun dress with flowers on it. Her hair was done up in braids, and she grinned as he examined her. "Why is that relevent?"

"We have to seek out unsavory elements... it's a new policy."

"Sounds a little fashistic to me." The stalion shrugged, but nodded his head to the side. A sign, hand painted on a clip board, said that behind was a suply depot that would take any donations. Written in a different pen, it also said that they would be giving out ration chits for support.

She sighed and walked around the corner, horn flaring as she moved her cart in front of the others. Her light yellow coat seemed to glow slightly blue under the new light sourse, a purple light that had clearly been meant to be handheld. when she let her cart go to a stop, she smiled and nodded at one, before walking away from it. Several helpers started to search her supplies for anything useful, though she did have to helpfully point out the medical uses of several herbs they looked like they were going to throw into the pot.

"Look..." One said, who walked over to her. The mare seemed to be in charge, light red hair tied in a knot. "I understand that whatever you gave us is extreamly useful, but we can't give you more than one ration chit. That's as best as we can do for only one shipmentm it should get you through the day." Her voice had a weried tired aspect to it, as if she'd repeated those words all day. Smudge only nodded and accepted a chip. "The kitchens are around the corner, dinner is in about an hour. This one should be good at least, perishables are all going on the fire tonight."

Comments ( 5 )

Oh man, I forgot to write one this week... did anyone notice

I think some of us definitely did! Please keep going as this is an intense heartbreaking story. I have many friends who are First Responders and you perfectly captured their perspectives and emotions during tragedy. Thank you for sharing this with us, and looking forward to reading the rest of the story as you write it.

9868435
I do not get notifications of when you update. I check randomly. I just figured it was taking you a bit longer for the next chapter. After all life does happen.

9888811
Thank you. Yeah I kind of... got lost. And I havnt made anything sense then. I may soon. I’ll just have to see

It feels like some of the chapters are too short. I don't mind to much, I just wanted to point it out. Maybe you can refine the chapters and expand upon them at a later date. But I'm enjoying the story non the less.

Login or register to comment