• Published 15th Aug 2019
  • 780 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout Equestria: First Responders - Chokfi



When the bombs fall, the world is dropped into a land of confusion. No one knows what to do, and the first line against mass panic are the first responders. The brave mares and stalions that once risked their lives for ponies, now do for Equestria.

  • ...
2
 15
 780

Chapter Three

Aspa River Hospital, Arimaspi Territory
Tuesday, March 17th, 12:36 PM
[Final Day minus 5 Minutes
Golden Shield
“We could get no help from out of town for half a day or more.
We had near a thousand casualties and beds for ninety-four."

Something was weird about the factory blowing up like that, and Golden felt like he could get to the bottom of it. The factory manager was saying that it clearly had to be sabotage, and the chief was on his side. But for Detective Shield, well, his gut felt wrong. Something was just not right about it. There had to be evidence, and golden was out to find it, gathering reports from witnesses at the scene of the blast. Of course, the Chief wanted Shield out of the way, so that’s why he’d been sent up here.

After he interviewed the fire chief Golden began to interview other survivors, about half the force helping him out while the other half were down doing evidence gathering of the blast zone. “It was a sharp blast, quick. If it had been sabotage whoever it was died as soon as it happened, suicide.” One of the factory workers said. Her blond mane was tied up in a welder bun and she talked with authority. “It came from the fuel tanks for the welding equipment first, not the easily exploded munitions. That would have taken minutes to get through, not even a rifle could do it in a single shot. But we didn’t hear anything until the blast.”

“You know we keep guards at all times?” The navy stallion Golden was interviewing said. “The doors have to stay open in case of an emergency. We have word that the zebra stealth technology is enough to disguise them from us, so maybe they got through that way. I don’t know.” Golden shrugged, giving him a cigarette and moved on. He was right, it was possible, but was seeming less and less likely. Why would they sacrifice an advanced stealth agent to a suicide mission?

Before He could begin to talk with higher up factory administrators, slightly scorched but mostly unharmed in one corner, Golden was shocked by a flash. It was like lighting, sudden and bright, but it didn’t go away. No, it was just that his eyes slowly adjusted and it dimmed slightly, turning the whole world stark in contrast like when the sun was directly above. All the administrators were looking behind him, and it wasn’t long before Golden had to turn and see it. The cloud of ash and dust.

A burst of green fire was billowing into a mushroom cloud ahead of the detective, centered directly on the munitions factory. They were hit. Silence filled the air, up until the roar of the blast reached them. The sound was deafening, overpowering, shattering the windows of the hospital. Everyone was stunned, even as the blast slowly died to a low roar, and not a word was said for a good minute as all watched the radioactive necromantic fire.

A single voice broke the silence, and it took a second for Golden to realize it was his own. “Well, I suppose it wasn’t sabotage. No reason to hit it twice.” His jaw was set hard even as his sarcastic comment shocked those around him, and he walked in to scramble hospital staff.

Footnote

Golden Shield
Trait Discovered
Skilled: Since you spend more time improving your skills than a normal person, you gain more skill points. The tradeoff is that you do not gain as many extra abilities. You will gain a perk every four levels. You will get an additional 5 skill points per new experience level.