• Published 15th Aug 2019
  • 780 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout Equestria: First Responders - Chokfi



When the bombs fall, the world is dropped into a land of confusion. No one knows what to do, and the first line against mass panic are the first responders. The brave mares and stalions that once risked their lives for ponies, now do for Equestria.

  • ...
2
 15
 780

Chapter Four

Aspa River Hospital, Arimaspi Territory
Tuesday, March 17th, 1:00 PM
Final Day, 9 Minutes after
Caduceus Staff
“It was worse than combat medicine, supplies were draining fast.
Bandages ran out and antiseptics wouldn't last.”

The blast struck a cord through the exhausted hospital staff, and Caduceus was up there as the light gave her a migraine. She’d had to do so much for the factory, but so many needed help. It only took an instant after the Earth Pony Detective’s words for her to get to her hooves and turn around towards the hospital. “Askepian, get hitched up. I need Volunteers, we’re going to try to bring everyone here to the hospital. Try to gather some earth ponies that can pull carts.” She said to her partner, a soft note of sorrow piercing through her hard voice as she saw the exhaustion on his face. But he did as she said, letting her take care of what was needed.

Walking back through the doors, Caduceus stepped up to the secretary at the front of the emergency room. “I need you to organize nurses to start bringing anyone non-critical outside, and organize a separate wing for anyone contagious, the magical radiation will be weakening a lot of immune systems soon. Than anyone not absolutely necessary here I’m going to need with me, people with any level of first aid can be useful out in the field so we can get people here alive.” The Secretary seemed to pause for a second, but he nodded and began to do calling and gathering of everyone he could.

Caduceus used the stairs to get to the fifth floor, which was as it was supposed to be. Sure the power wasn’t out but the elvetors were now being used for the moving of patients. “Madam Chief,” She said, brushing aside the questions of the secretary. “I need your help. We are going to be overrun very soon and we need anything we can.” The chief was staring out the window. “Ma’am… I know you left the warzone before but… we need your help now. You know what to do, don't you?”

The chief was a white earth pony mare with a dappled yellow mane, wearing a lab coat over business attire. Her right fore-hoof was replaced with an aluminum contraption, and above it her medal of service was pinned.“The fucking Zeds. They did it. We’re all fucking dead because they did it.” She took out a flask from her front pocket, drank a sip, and put it back. “Fuck it. Let's do this shit. Caduceus, I assume you know that emergency medical services like you need to be in charge right now.”
“Yes Dr. Heartburn.” Caduceus said, nodding. “I’ve already started organizing but I don’t know for sure if we have enough people to-” She was cut off by the elder mare’s aluminum hoof slamming. Dr Heartburn was an earth pony mare with a business-like demeanor. Ever since she’d shown up, right after being honorably discharged from the Ministry of Peace Medic core for injury.


“Ms. Staff. We need more than just emergency services. Bring me that detective and the Fire Chief down there. I have a feeling we’re going to be breaking a lot of rules to save lives.” Caduceus nodded as the older mare stopped, walking back out of the room and shuffling down the hall. “Look, keep doing what you're doing. I’m going to need you to work with me on the medical side of things. I’ll start doing what I can as a doctor, which isn’t much.” She tapped her aluminum hoof to the side. “But first we need organization.”

“You,” Caduceus said as she walked out of the director’s office and into the area with the secretary. “I need you to work with the Chief and do anything she needs. Get the detective, the fire chief, and do everything she says. Absolutely everyone else is of vital importance, but if you need other people get some volunteers for messages and organization down there.” As she moved her hooves down the stairs she could hear everyone being moved according to her instruction.

Some of the ponies who were not contagious but needed to be in a safe environment were being moved upstairs. Most were slightly impaired, or hobbled, but many were mostly able to move on their own. “All of you, I need you to figure out if any of you are going to volunteer to help. I’ll send a clerc to get you and you’ll do what you can up here. We need every hoof we can get.” She noted all the injuries were simple and physical, nothing that couldn’t be gotten around. “You’ll be safe, but to save lives you need to help.”

After that she went down to the ground floor, staring at everyone who was able bodied enough to help her. Most were standing and ready to help, even with limbs lightly bandaged, they could pull carts or do first aid. “All of you.” She notably shook her head at the police and the fire chief. “We need to save everyone we can. So each of you need to go in and start to evacuate people. I know this will be hard, but surviving is harder.”

Footnote

Golden Shield
Trait Discovered
Natural Leader: You have some natural leadership abilities and have managed to cultivate them. Anyone who follows you naturaly is granted a +1 bonus to special to do your directions. The strong get stronger and can pull carts longer, the Crippled are able to overcome their injuries, and those on the verge of meltdown are able to pick themselves up and do what they need to.

However, the stress of leadership is straining and you have grown used to getting people to do what you say. For every 5 people under your leadership you gain 1 point of stress, and when speaking to ponies who are not under your leadership they naturaly act with -1 disposition at all times due to how bossy you can be.