• Published 15th Aug 2019
  • 780 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout Equestria: First Responders - Chokfi



When the bombs fall, the world is dropped into a land of confusion. No one knows what to do, and the first line against mass panic are the first responders. The brave mares and stalions that once risked their lives for ponies, now do for Equestria.

  • ...
2
 15
 780

Chapter Five

Aspa River Hospital, Arimaspi Territory

Tuesday, March 17th, 2:00 PM

Final Day, 1 Hour after

Golden Shield

I sent the cops to commandeer anything in reach:

Food or disinfectant cloth or alcohol or bleach.”

Golden was hesitant when the bright young unicorn mare shook her head, gesturing for him and his people to step down. They had all been up and ready to do anything they could for the people of their town, but he waved them to the side. Before he could question the mare, however, a security cane right in front of him. “Sir, your presence is requested by the chief of medicine. Please come with me, this is urgent, obviously.”

He nodded and followed her, noticing that the fire chief was a few feet aside and also coming along. “Ah, Florian, nice to see you. Haven't seen you since the incident at the police mare’s ball.” The fire chief rolled his eyes good naturedly and shrugged.

“You know full well that was your fault. Who the hell serves rotgut like that at a polite social function?” It was true, the stuff they had served had been strong… in fact it had technically been from the evidence locker and true moonshine. “Besides, who cares about a few broken tables.”

Shield shrugged, but grinned, friendly shoving the other earth pony a little. “Don’t blame us because you can’t hold your brew. But whatever, you paid for them in the end.” At the larger stallion’s tongue sticking out Golden grinned happily, friendly laughing as they walked up the last flight of steps to administration and moved towards this other chief they would have to see.

“Gentlemen, I hope you don’t mind my breaking up the games but this is a serious matter.” Sheild watched the mare as she spoke, examining her. She was tightly dressed, with a tight bun and businesslike attire. She instantly looked no-nonsense as she peered over her glasses. “As I’m sure you realize our town was hit by a megaspell. But I’m not sure you understand the gravity of what’s going to happen next.”

Gold shook his head, deciding to just listen for now. “You see,” said the older mare, nervously tapping her aluminum hoof on her desk. “Emergency procedures are fucked. You might expect ponies to gather together, reform Equestria, but that’s not going to happen. Because right now, assuredly, every major city in equestria proper is dust. We were hit, and we are barely a priority target, so the government is dead. Do you understand?”

The detective hesitantly nodded, knowing it was true. If there was any kind of government left it wouldn’t be trying to save the unincorporated territory. They would be in Equestria proper, and the Arimaspi government was a free for all when it came to regulation. “Ma’am, I think I know what you mean. But there isn’t much we can do about that, so why do you want us here.” The fire chief remained silent, and Sheild didn’t know if it was for lack of something to say or from a place of cunning.

“Well you good chief, I need you to go out and scavenge.” She held a hoof up before he could say anything. “Scavenge is the best term for it. You need to go into town, and get anything that we can use to save lives. Medical supplies, anything antiseptic from bleach to sanitizing fluid, cloth, food. Those are first priority, more comes later.”

“Ma’am, that’s not legal.” Came the voice of the large Earth pony stallion. “That is personal property, you can’t just take it from people's houses.”

“It’s to save lives. Anyway,, houses aren't first. First we need to scavenge from the stores down there, and protect them from other scavengers.” The mare said, and it took a second for the Golden to realize just how serious she was. “Look you two, don’t you understand? We are the only people here strong enough to save the most amount of lives. Other people, their going to fuck with us. Society, it’s not coming back.”

She walked to the window, tapping her aluminum hoof on the glass and gesturing at several ponies who had already gone to raid a store, just barely in sight from the hilltop office. “Don’t you see?” Yes, they did. Both earth pony stallion nodded and accepted it. Shield left, saying he’d go create order and begin to bring in what is needed.

As he walked down the stairs he looked around, trying to find anyone able bodied enough to help him scavenge. Golden knew that they would need strong backs for this.

---

“Look, what do you need me to do?” The fire chief said staring at the other pony. “Well first and foremost I need more scavengers, your men will be doing anything that the police won’t.” She sighed, and looked depressed as she stared at him. “I… also need one of you to stay here, and execute anyone we can’t save. We don’t have materials to waste on the dieing, so an axe to the neck is the only mercy we can give them. I’d say a gunshot, but…”

“What? I can’t ask one of my people, the exhausted and hurt, to do something so gruesome. It’s absolutely horrifying that you could possibly think of such a thing!” Florian said, staring at the chief medical officer

“And It’s more horrifying that it needs to be done. But it does need to be done.” She sighed, wiping her eyes with the ribbon of honor on her shoulder. “It has to be a citizen, you see. We can’t have an official executer, it can’t be police… that is one line I won’t walk over.”

“I.. We aren't citizens. We’re-” He was cut off by her voice.

“Look, your the only one that can get someone to do it. I’m not going to ask someone off the street to kill those they love. But you, and your people. Your not police, and your not the ones who have to make the decision. It’s the best there’s going to be.” She sighed, staring at her hooves. “Just… Get a volunteer. Someone without family ties, someone who can… who can do what needs to be done.”

“Fine.” Florian said coldly. “I will do it Madame Chief. But only because your right, this hospital can’t take care of one tenth of this town, not matter the entire thing. We should have listened to you… but we all thought you were paranoid.” He shook his head. I’m not going to like whoever is willing to do it… And that’s why I have to do it myself. I can’t let anyone else take this burden.”

Footnote

Florian Cross
Quest Perk Added
Executioner: You are the last face that many will see. The grim face of death, giving the stroke of mercy. You are the one that proves that they are truly unable to be saved. As a result, you lose one point of disposition with the members of your own town, but gain 5% in intimidation whenever you have your axe on you. However, you are a valued member of the comunity, and in time, they will understand.