• Published 15th Aug 2019
  • 780 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout Equestria: First Responders - Chokfi



When the bombs fall, the world is dropped into a land of confusion. No one knows what to do, and the first line against mass panic are the first responders. The brave mares and stalions that once risked their lives for ponies, now do for Equestria.

  • ...
2
 15
 780

Chapter Six

Aspa River Hospital, Arimaspi Territory
Tuesday, March 17th, 3:20 PM
Final Day, 2 Hours After
Emerald Clover
”We did triage in the parking lot, ranked minor, major, grave
A sad-eyed fireman gave the stroke to those we couldn't save“

Emerald woke up to the sound and bustle of the hospital, not knowing exactly how she got there. Her fur was singled off, and she could feel her skin warp and react to the necromantic energies of the big bomb. Would she be mutated? Have Cancer? She didn’t know, she couldn’t tell.

“Oh fuck oh fuck, what the fuck!” She yelled, startling the crowd around her. Her skin burned, and she could feel something just under her skin in her side. Could that be the cancer growing already. She may not have been too smart a pony but she listened to the radio often enough to know what might be happening to her.

As she watched and woke, pain filled her world. More and more of it. She was starting to panic, and it was spreading from her. “Celestia, won’t someone help me?” She’d come to the hospital, she could remember, because they said to come climb into the cart. It was a safe place. A little down the row a unicorn mare was examining ponies and using a marker to make little marks on their foreheads.

As the nurse neared she could see the symbols, a one and a two, and very rarely a three. Ones, it seemed, were whisked off to be treated first. Twos came next, but only when there wasn’t a one. She wasn’t sure what would happen to threes. At least she wasn’t until she saw a sadness fire pony walking and hugging the mare on the far end of the line.

With a short startled yell, she was dead. The axe taking her head off, after hugging her. Emerald was shell shocked, how could those around her be so unreactive?! She watched as the unicorn came closer to her. But as she did she became more and more certain that she would be marked with a three.

When the unicorn came to her, she whined and pleaded. “P-please! You can’t, don’t make me a three. I can’t die.” But even though she couldn’t see what the mark was she was so certain it was a three. She needed to get away from these mad-ponies

As the unicorn moved on, Emerald ran and didn’t stop. Back to town, back to the sane world. Where these mad ponies would never go.