• Published 14th Dec 2011
  • 12,837 Views, 123 Comments

Derpy's Dive - Flutterspy911



Derpy decides she can no longer bare this world and attempts to take her life

  • ...
9
 123
 12,837

Diving Again

Pinkie stood in the kitchen of Sugar Cube Corner whipping up a fresh batch of cupcakes. She had Pinkie Promised to make some today. Herself and Derpy planned to spend the whole day with eachother, starting by pigging out on some delicious treats. They hadn't really planned anything specific. Pinkie thought about the things they could do. Maybe they could go to the park, or walk through the streets of Ponyville. Maybe they could even go to the moon! It seemed the possibilities were endless, they were running on the power of love, with an endless supply, they could go anywhere. Whilst lost in thought, she heard the ringing of the bell at the top of the door that alerts when a customer has arrived. Rainbow Dash appeared in front of the counter and pulled Pinkie out of her day dream.

“Hey Pinkie, what's up?” She said as she approached Pinkie. She had a look in her eyes that Pinkie had seen before several times. She tried to push the thoughts out of her head.

“The Ceiling!” Pinkie had a stupid grin on her face. Dash didn't seem very amused.

“I'm baking cupcakes! Strawberry!” She replied as she mixed the batter in a bowl. Dash stared at her for a few seconds.

“I was thinking we could go to your room, and, you know. Have a little fun.”

“uhhh” Pinkie didn't quite know how to tell Dash about the situation. Sure they had done a lot of stuff together, but it's not like they were a couple. She decided Dash will understand and to just be up front about it.

“Well Dashie, I went into the Everfree Forrest and I found Derpy”

“Oh, I know, Twilight told me. Is she okay? Is she at home? I haven't seen her out and about since Twi told me.”

“No, she's staying with me right now”

“Oh, was she really hurt that bad?”

“No, she's much, much better. See, we're just...together” Pinkie had a slight grin on her face to hide the fear she was feeling inside.

“You mean like, you're a couple?” Dash had no hint of any feelings on her face. Asking like it was just a regular old question.

“yes, silly.” Pinkie shoved at her shoulder.

“Oh, I see.” Dash's ears folded back, and she looked heart broken for half a second. Suddenly the sadness turned to anger.

“You'd rather have her, than me?”

“Dashie, you tell me “You can't tie this Pegasus down” all the time. We weren't a couple”

“ I know, but really? Derpy?”

“What's wrong with that Dash?” Pinkie was starting to get angry.

“She's...” Dash started to say something and noticed a greyish ear in the doorway. Derpy was listening, she must have come down to see what was taking so long.

“Nothing...I just, I'm gonna miss our fun times” Dash faked a sad expression.

“Don't be sad, Dashie. There's other Mares all around! And stallions too!”

“bleh...stallions” Dash looked slightly disgusted. Pinkie giggled. She found it interesting that Dash acted like she didn't like stallions, but can't seem to control herself around Big Mac.

“Can I at least have one for the road?” Dash said, making sure Derpy was still listening.

“Dashie, I can't. It won't feel right” Pinkie got a sorrowful expression on her face. Suddenly Dash was moving closer. She wasn't about to let this fail.

“Dashie, please don't...”

“Don't what? I'm just gonna hug you” Dash pushed her muzzle up close to Pinkie's and got exactly what she was hoping for. Pinkie gave in to her urges and kissed Dash with as much passion as she ever had. Dash opened her eyes just in time to see Derpy peaking around the corner with tears welling up in her eyes.

“Pinkie, why would you do that?” Derpy was holding herself back from letting all her tears flow freely. “I thought you loved me”. Pinkie winced with those words coming from Derpy's mouth. She loved Derpy more than anyone else in the entire world, and she had just screwed up, and she knew it. She ran towards Derpy and tried to hold her.

“I do love you Derpy. I just couldn't-”

“She couldn't resist me” Dash said with her usual cocky attitude “You really can't blame her Derpy, how could anyone resist me?”

“She's my muffin...She was my muffin. She isn't my muffin anymore” With each word Derpy's ears fell further and more tears started to blur her vision. She pushed past Pinkie and Dash, and ran out the front doors of Sugar Cube Corner. As soon as she was out the front door, she spread her wings and took off. Pinkie ran outside to try to watch where she went but it was too late. She was gone. Dash came outside laughing.

“What a little baby! It was just a kiss”

“go away” Pinkie said as calmly as she could.

“Come on Pinks, don't be like that.” Dash moved close to Pinkie to try to kiss her again. Pinkie pushed her hoof up and shoved dash away. A small stream of blood ran out of Rainbow Dash's nose.

“Get out of my sight, and don't ever come back” Pinkie wasn't messing around. Dash had seen Pinkie sad, and had seen her go crazy, but she had never, ever seen Pinkie get truly enraged. That is, until now, and it was her doing. Now Dash felt tears pushing to come out of her eyes, she took off so Pinkie would see her cry.

“I love you, Derpy” Pinkie sat down in front of Sugar Cube Corner and cried her eyes out. She had made a big mistake, and didn't know how she was going to fix it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie lay in her bed crying, just as she had been for the past several hours.

“Why did I have to be so stupid? Why did I kiss that big meanie Rainbow Dash? Why did I ruin the best thing I ever had?” She couldn't stand herself.

“Pinkie, are you okay?” Twilight Sparkle walked into her bed room.

“Is Derpy here?” Pinkie asked, already knowing the answer.

“No...but-”

“Well, there's your answer” Pinkie rolled over into her pillow and started crying even harder. “I'm such a screw up I can' handle it anymore. Derpy was the best thing that ever happened to me and I ruined it. I love her Twilight...I really do, but now she doesn't love me and she never will again.”

“Pinkie, why did you kiss Rainbow Dash?”

“How'd you know about that?”

“The cakes told me...they watched the whole thing”

“oh...” Pinkie wiped away her tears, as her sadness was replaced with anger. Just thinking of that rainbow maned pony made her steam.

“I don't know Twilight. She's just so....kissable. We'd done it so many times she knew exactly what to do to get me to kiss her”

“Pinkie, You. Kissed. Her.” Twilight made sure to emphasis the phrase. “I read a psychology book, and it said that you can not make quick decisions that are connected to your mood sub-consciously. You made the decision to kiss her. She definitely increased your urge, but you kissed her because you wanted to, now tell me why.” Pinkie was almost offended, but then realized that Twilight was absolutely right.

“I think my brain might have been telling me I like her. I can't like two ponies at once, can I twilight?”

“Well, yes you can. However, your feelings for Derpy obviously overpower your feelings for Dash. I think we can chalk this up to you doing what your brain told you, instead of what your heart really wanted you to do”

“I guess that makes sense.” Pinkie started to cry once again. “Twilight?”

“Yes Pinkie?”

“Will you find out where she went for me? Please? I have to make this right”

“well, that's kind of the other reason I'm here.”

“What's that?”

“Do make sure you don't harm her...”

“who?” Pinkie knew exactly who it was. Rainbow Dash stepped through the doorway into her room, with her ears folded down, and her eyes puffy from crying.

“Pinkie, I'm really, really sorry I made you kiss me”

“Dash, you didn't make me kiss you. I made the decision to do it”

“I..I know, but you wouldn't have had to decide if I wasn't pushing you. The truth is, I knew Derpy was behind you, I saw her ear in the doorway. I wanted to hurt her. I felt like she was taking something from me. Pinkie, I think I love you”

“Dash. I accept your apology. I was thinking about getting up and hurting you just now, but I thought of another way to do it. I don't love you, I never will, and I don't want to be your friend anymore.”

Dash felt that one sting all the way to her heart.

“Pinkie, don't say that” Twilight sounded like she had just heard the worst thing on the planet.

“I mean it. I want absolutely nothing to do with her”

“Pinkie, you need to forg-”

“I understand...”

“what?” Twilight looked utterly confused

“I understand...She doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I understand. Let me just tell you what I know, and then I'll get out of your mane.” Pinkie turned towards Dash, now feeling bad for what she had said. “I followed Derpy, and she went to Cheerilee's house. I peaked in the window, and Cheerilee was just hugging her. They were talking after that, but I couldn't tell what they were saying” Dash turned around and started to walk out of Pinkie's room. Pinkie stood up, and ran straight at Rainbow Dash, She couldn't see her coming, and Twilight didn't have time to react, she just winced and watched to see what would happen. Pinkie wrapped her arms around Dash and gave her a hug.

“Thank you Dashie. I'm sorry about what I said. I don't want to not be your friend. I was just being a meanie” Dash pulled her in and hugged her. She whispered into her ear.

“Go get your girl.” That was all the motivation she needed. She sped out the front door with her course set to Cheerilee's house.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pinkie had been practicing what she wanted to say. It was already bad, and she couldn't make it any worse than it already was. She raised her hoof to knock on the door and it suddenly swung open. Standing right in the doorway, getting ready to leave, was Derpy. Cheerilee was standing at her side. Derpy's eyes met Pinkie's and she ran behind Cheerilee. She didn't want to see Pinkie at all. Cheerilee gave Pinkie a Dirt look and slammed the door in Pinkie's face. Pinkie immediately knocked, and the door swung open again, this time Derpy was gone, and Cheerilee was standing there with the same facial expression from before.

“You've got three seconds to give me a good reason not to slam this door in your face again”

“I just-”

“two”

“I wanted to talk to-”

“one-”

“ I'm in love with Derpy!” Pinkie yelled as loud as she could, making sure anyone within earshot could hear. Cheerilee continued to glare at her.

“I'll be with you in a second” She said. She closed the door, and after about a minute the door swung open again.

“For some Psychotic reason, she wants me to let you in.” Pinkie let a small grin spread across her face. Cheerilee didn't look amused “Won't you come in?” She said with a sarcastic tone. Pinkie looked all over for Derpy but couldn't see her anywhere.

“Where's-”

“She's hiding....She doesn't want to see you yet, she wants me to talk to you” Cheerilee spoke like it should have been obvious.

“Okay, that's fine with me. I am just here to apologize.”

“No way? I didn't see that coming.” Cheerilee didn't seem to be enjoying Pinkie's company. “Sit. You listen to me first.” Pinkie didn't hesitate to do as she was instructed.

“I have been Derpy's confidant since she was a little Filly. She always came to me when she was bullied. She trusts me, that's why she told me everything. The suicide attempt, your cute little rescue, taking care of her, the party with Rarity. Everything. You don't need to explain anything to me, it's already been done. You're here for Derpy. She's listening right now. You aren't going to talk to her yet, However. See, I've become pretty fond of Derpy over the years. I don't like ponies who make her sad. In fact, there have been times where I had to resist the overwhelming urge to beat those who made her upset to a pulp when I saw them walking down the street. Now, the dilemma here, is, you made her sad. You know why this is bad news for you? We aren't in public. There is nopony around.” Pinkie gulped at the thought. Cheerilee, the sweet, cute teacher had a dark side. It seemed to be an extremely dark side as well.

“Lucky for you. Derpy likes you. She said you're her muffin”

Pinkie felt a small shred of hope “she sai-”

“My mistake...she said you WERE her muffin. Now she's not so sure. Now, are you going to treat her right?”

“Of course Ms. Cheerilee”

“and who's fault is all of this?”

“Mine, Ms. Cheerilee” Cheerilee got a look of satisfaction on her face. Now that that's out of the way. I have something I'd like to say to you.

“What's that?” Pinkie was a bit frightened by the sudden mood change/

“Thank you.”

“What?” Pinkie was completely confused about what was happening. Cheerilee pulled Pinkie in for a tight hug and whispered in her ear.

“You saved her life, I don't know what I would have done without her.” Cheerilee pulled away, and gave Pinkie a kiss on the cheek. She brought her hoof to her eye and wiped away a tear. “Come on out, sweetheart.” Derpy came out of hiding and presented herself in front of Pinkie Pie.

“Derpy. I'm so so so so so so so so sorry” Pinkie saw a disapproving look on Cheerilee's face.

“I'm...I'm sorry I kissed Rainbow Dash. You see, we used to have this thing where we'd get together and...fool around. I told her we couldn't do it anymore and then sh-”

“Pinkie, I was listening to the whole conversation. Get to the point.” Derpy sounded almost snappy. She had every reason to be, Pinkie thought. Cheerilee started rubbing Derpy's back, as if she was trying to keep her calm.

“The point is, I'm sorry. My brain wanted rainbow dash, and my heart wanted you. I did what my brain wanted, instead of what my heart wanted. Now all that's on my brain is you Derpy. I just can't stop thinking about you. I can't believe I hurt you. I never thought I would, and I truly hate myself for doing it. If you are willing to forgive me, I would love for you to give me another shot.”

“Don't say you hate yourself, Pinkie.” Derpy seemed disappointed in her.

“Derpy, I didn't see you for hours, and it felt like days. I was in my bed, and it felt way too big by myself. Everything just wasn't right, your place was there, but you weren't. The biggest case of that is my heart. I feel like a huge part of me is missing. I need to have you in my life Derpy, you are a part of me. You are the pony that makes me feel happier than I ever have. You make me feel feelings, I didn't even know I could feel. I...I just-” Pinkie was interrupted by Derpy suddenly thrusting forward and pressing her lips against hers. Pinkie felt that same magical tingle she felt every time she kissed Derpy, and instantaneously all her sorrows and empty feelings were gone. Derpy broke the kiss and put her hoof on Pinkie's Cheek.

“I forgive you. Truth be told, I felt the same way the whole time I wasn't with you” Derpy pressed her lips back together with Pinkie's.

“Now I see what you like about her.” Cheerilee said, wiping more and more tears from her eyes.

“Come on over Cheerie” Derpy said. Cheerilee came closer and was pulled in by Pinkie and Derpy for a group hug. Pinkie let out a huge sigh of relief.

“I love you Derpy.”

“I love you too, Muffin.”

Comments ( 18 )

Chapter 3 :X :pinkiegasp:


Do enjoy

Meh not trying to be mean but while I enjoyed the premise the pacing seemed amateur. It jumped and skipped with little to no background. There was a lot of telling but not a lot of showing. Honestly I think I liked it better as just the first chapter or even the second but it started to feel more rushed like you had things you wanted to add but just wanted to finish the story. However it's not that I think you're a bad writer. Chapter one was great but the next two seemed more rushed. Other than that it was good. Sorry I had to be "that guy"

(edited for derps and autocorrect)

The Dive
Fine Wine
Chapter 3


What happened? O_o

167708

Couldn't think of a name, pitch one for me? :p


To be honest, I don't know if there will be a chapter 4. This story is kind of drying up. Maybe something will come to me, but for now, this is as far as it goes. Sorry guys, I will be writing more fics though, so keep your eye open.

167713 Uhhh...... Diving Again?

And I understand that. Though it doesn't feel dead from this end, but we didn't see the time and frustration put into writing it...

Is it wrong that I was listening to Never Gonna Give You Up and eating a muffin whilst reading this? :rainbowlaugh:

168292

Okay, I'll give Chapter 4 an attempt. It'll be a while though


168674
I see no problems here :P

I loved it. 5/5 good sir! :D :pinkiehappy:




[\ :eeyup: brohoof

*sniff* beutiful. I cried :,)

Now we know why Cheerilee had the pimp hat that she gave to spike!!!
DYAMN CHEERILEE YOU SCARY!!!!

i hope you keep writing after this your a great writer with wonderful ideas.

200765

186996
in my headcanon, she's usually pretty sweet, but if someone screws with Derpy...there will be hell to pay :derpytongue2:



aww, shucks. Thank ya kindly :)

D'AWW! That was so cute!!! I really really hope you continue with this story. Its adorable now :twilightsmile:

Uh, Element of Loyalty being unloyal?

This is why I hate Rainbow Dash. :flutterrage:

derpy is best pony! :derpytongue2:

Muffins! :D :derpytongue2:

409875 we all have a little slip up, if life were perfect life would be boring.

rainbow can be a jerk, but I hope she can move on. I liked the story, but the tension kind of took away from the beauty of it.

Login or register to comment