• Published 14th Dec 2011
  • 12,837 Views, 123 Comments

Derpy's Dive - Flutterspy911



Derpy decides she can no longer bare this world and attempts to take her life

  • ...
9
 123
 12,837

fine wine

Once again, Derpy awoke to find herself in bed, cuddled tightly against the pony who she had openly admitted she loved, but only after hearing that said pony loved her too. She never would have thought suicide would have been something that she would ever have to face. She couldn't help but let a half smile come across her face, the irony of the situation was something that would definitely never have crossed her mind. In her attempted suicide, something that was about as horrible as anything could possibly be, brought out the love between herself and pinkie pie, which has solely been the happiest thing she has ever experienced in her life. She laid back and enjoyed the situation she was in. Sure she was a little uncomfortable, her cuts still stung, her bruises still stung, and the arm she had under Pinkie was no asleep from being left idle with weight on it for however many hours they had been asleep, but none of this mattered to her, what mattered was that she was as happy as she could be, and nothing could possibly turn it around.

Derpy had almost fallen back to sleep just thinking the warm happy thoughts, when suddenly she felt a warm hoof run across her cheek.

“Are you awake cutie?” Pinkie gently whispered. When there was no reply pinkie rolled on to her back with a somewhat disappointed look on her face.

“mhmmm” Derpy quietly replied.

“Good morning.” Pinkie scootched as close to the tan pony as she possibly could. Her warmth tingled throughout her body and she let out a soft sigh. “How are you feeling today?”

“I'm on cloud 9” She said with a sweet grin.

“Well come back down because I can't walk on those things without Twilights help” Pinkie replied with her usual big toothed grin. Then a thought slipped into her head “Derpy! Nopony else knows you're alive! We have to tell them so they don't worry!” Pinkie began to jump out of bed when suddenly Derpy grabbed her by the hoof.

“Wait, Pinkie. I don't think they should know that I'm...normal”

“What do you mean normal? Everypony loves you for your personality, and that is your normal”

“That's just what I mean, Pinkie. They might hate me for being something I'm really not”

“Derpy, that would never happen, they will all understand”

“You promise?”

“Of course I do, you're talking to your muffin, remember?” Derpy blushed and Pinkie kissed her forehead. “Do you think you can walk around?”

Derpy hadn't even thought about it until now, this was the third day in a row she hadn't left Pinkie's bed. She pulled off the covers and stepped down off the bed, she awkwardly limped around in the cast that Pinkie had put on her. Pinkie was no nurse, but plaster was almost like cupcake batter, so she managed to make it work.

“I think I can manage for a while, it still hurts pretty bad” Derpy dipped her head in shame, once again thinking about what she had done.

“Great! Let's go!” Pinkie led her out the door, walking on the side of her injured, possibly broken leg just in case she needed to rest on her for a while.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle saw Pinkie walking alongside the limping pony, and started a dead sprint towards them, she had intended to give them both a big hug, but about half way through the brisk run she realized something was wrong, she spotted the home made cast on Derpy's leg, but mainly noticed that her eyes were straight.

“Ditzy, are you okay?” She asked worriedly.

Pinkie looked surprised. “Ditzy?” she questioned with one eyebrow raised

“Yeah, that's your name isn't it? Ditzy Doo?”

“No, I think you have me confused with another pegasus. She's the one that went North for the southern birds” she said quietly, with a bit of a grin.

Twilight's jaw nearly hit the ground. “You talk? I-i mean, you can say complete sentan-er, you are-” spike covered her mouth with an angry look, preventing her from doing any more damage.

“yes, I can, I just don't very often...”

“Well, where were you?”

Derpy's eyes started to tear up and she turned towards Pinkie and whispered something into her ear.

“She wants me to tell the story” Pinkie said while she gently rubbed Derpy's back with her hoof. Derpy was feeling unwanted, and thought that nopony cared for her at all, and she, well, she tied her wings down and jumped off a cloud”

Twilight couldn't quite grasp what she was being told, she had never heard of Derpy being a sad pony, let alone a suicidal one. “Derpy, you tried to com-”

“yes.” Derpy said with slight assertion so she would have to hear the “s word” again. She leaned her head into Pinkie and started to cry.

“Oh...”Twilight's eyes began to water up and she wanted to join the tight hug, but she sensed that there was something stronger going on between Derpy and Pinkie, so she resisted the urge to show her compassion. She shot a questioning look to Pinkie, as if asking for an explanation.

“I brought her home and let her stay in my bed until she felt better. She still doesn't, but she is better in comparison to when-

“...you found her after her suicide attempt” Twilight just had to say it, even though after doing so she felt horrible, as Derpy let out a small squeal and began to cry harder into Pinkie's mane. “I'm sorry, I just, can't picture you as the pony to do such a thing”

“Neither could I” Derpy uttered as she tried to fight through the tears. “But one stallion, he made me feel so, worthless, so unneeded, so...stupid that I-I-”

“shhhh” Pinkie pulled her in for a closer hug and leaned her head into Derpy's. “I brought her food and kept her warm.” Pinkie said trying to change the subject. “I had always admired her from far away, but never had the guts to say anything about it. Imagine that, me not being able to say something” She started to sniffle a bit, but not because she was sad. How could she be? She was with the one that she loved, and she felt incredible inside.”They say actions speak louder than words, and yesterday, she, she kissed me, and I have never felt more alive, or more loved in my whole life.”

“So you two are a couple?” Twilight asked with the slightest amount of shock in her tone of voice. Derpy nodded and pulled Pinkie in for a quick peck on the lips. Twilight looked even more surprised, but couldn't help feel relieved to see Derpy with a silly grin on her face. “That's great you two, I am really glad it worked out for you. Perhaps we should let the others know you're okay?” She said looking at Derpy

“can you tell them please? I don't want them to see me as I am now, I don't want to change my whole image” She said, sounding slightly ashamed. Pinkie gave her a sharp look.

“Derpy, just be who you are. Do what you feel is right, and act how you would like to act. Nopony is going to judge you, and if they do, it's just an opinion. Don't let words hurt you, they almost took you away from me before, and I don't know what I would have done, if I never got to let you know how I felt about you. Having you here now makes me feel dumb for not engaging you before, and I won't let anyone or anything take you away from me, I love you”

“I love you too, Muffin”

“D'awwwwwww” Twilight couldn't hold it in, the pure cuteness of this scene blew her away, and made her feel tingly all over.

“Come on sweetheart, let's go find the others and let them know you're okay” Pinkie buried her face in Derpy's mane and indulged in these amazing feelings for just a few seconds.

Twilight Sparkle had decided to head back to the library. Derpy and Pinkie pressed on. Derpy leaned up against Pinkie as they walk along the ponyville streets. Nopony seems to notice the two.

“Nopony even noticed I was gone” Derpy whispers into Pinkie's mane, “I told you”

“Derpy, we are going to nip this in the bud, right now.” Pinkie said with a stern, almost angry tone in her voice. “I didn't want to agree with you, but yes, it appears nopony noticed you were gone. It doesn't matter Derpy. Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Twilight and Apple Jack really care for you”

Derpy felt a little sore, Pinkie failed to mention her own name.”uhm...” she begins.

“...and me. Derpy, I can't explain how I feel about you. There are no words to describe the shear amazingness I feel around you. It makes me want to run a mile and bounce around all the time. Even more than I usually do. I could never, EVER, feel sad around you. I'm not making this up Derpy, I can not think of a phrase or word do describe how I feel for you, so, for now this will have to do.” Pinkie pulls Derpy close and gives her a kiss like she has never delivered before. Derpy feels a warmth rush over her body instantly, and she is floating. Higher than her wings could possibly take her. She can't breathe, but she doesn't need to, this kiss is keeping her alive. Suddenly Pinkie starts to pull away, Derpy goes with her for a quarter of a second, then slowly pulls away before the cliché “get a room” gets uttered by some passerby. “I love you, Derpy”

“I love you too, but-”

“ but nothing. All you need is love Derpy, it's power will never disappoint.”

“okay” She smiles shoots a silly little grin at the pink pony. They hadn't realized it before, but they were standing right outside the carousel boutique. Standing in the window was a bewildered Rarity with her jaw nearly touching the floor

“I guess she saw us” Pinkie starts laughing hysterically. When she finally stops they walk in side. Rarity greets them but can't meet there eyes.

“Hello Derpy, glad to see you're okay” Rarity says with her head hung down poking at the ground with her hoof. “ I see you, uh...are..um-”

“With me?” Pinkie says with a big smile

“uh, yes” Rarity continues...”Derpy, I didn't know you were a, uh, l-”

“I like mares...” Derpy said, with an irritated look.

“quite...” Rarity replies.

“AWKWARD!” Pinkie bounces up and down and runs towards Rarity. “so what? Is there something wrong with liking mares?”

“No, er, it's just not my cup of tea, darling”

“It doesn't have to be” Pinkie replies, still obviously hyped up

“P-Pinkie..you too?” Pinkie stops jittering and looks at Rarity with an irritated look.

“ I like mares, Derpy likes mares, we're together, you're straight. Move along”

“Uh, Yes...Derpy, where ever were you?” Rarity suddenly remembers the previous days of searching. Derpy turns towards her

“nowhere, i'm okay” She doesn't want to give Rarity another reason to look down on her, she knows she dissaproves of her being with Pinkie in the first place.

“Well, you gave us quite a scare, couldn't you have at least told us where you were going?”

“Nopony seemed to mind me being gone” Derpy walks towards Pinkie, her eyes beginning to swell.

“Mind? We searched hours for you darling, I got all sorts of dirty, and had to soak my hooves because they were sore”

“Sorry for the inconvenience, I know you probably didn't want to go out looking for anypony”

“What ever do you mean? We were worried about you!” Rarity can't believe what
Derpy is saying

“Sorry, Rarity, I'm just...venting. If you want the truth I'll tell you” Derpy starts to lean into Pinkie. Pinkie starts to snuggle up to her. Holding back her tears she continues. “Rarity, I got yelled at by a stallion, who was mad at his marefriend, and he called me names and yelled in my face for no reason. I know he was taking out his anger, but at the time, I felt his opinions were everyone's.” Derpy's eyes began to turn red. Pinkie leans her head towards her and kisses her cheek in an effort to keep Derpy calm. “I flew to the highest cloud I could find, and tied my wings to my side, and jumped” Derpy couldn't fight it and her cheeks were now soaked with tears.”Pinkie found me, and brought me back and took care of me, and I have always liked her. I never worked up the strength to tell her about my feelings, but now I have, and I love her, and she's my muffin.” Rarity starts giggling. Derpy gives her a questioning look

“I'm very sorry you felt that way, but I trust you see now that we all care for you?”

“Yes” Derpy bites her lip “ I didn't realize that I would be hurting anypony, except maybe the post office, because they'd need to find a replacement” Pinkie bites her hard enough to cause a bit of pain, trying to remind her of what they had just talked about. “All I know is, a few ponies did care about me, and one really cute one happened to love me, and I can say, for the first time in a very long time, that I am glad to be alive”

“I see. I am very glad for you and Pinkie, and I sincerley apologize for my actions beforehand, we simply must celebrate, Darling. How about some Chardonneigh? It's absolutely smashing”

“Thanks, but we-”

“YES!” Pinkies almost yells right next to Derpy's ear. “celebrate means party!” Derpy gives her a questioning look.

“You obviously haven't been around Pinkie too much yet.” Rarity starts to giggle “She will never turn down a chance to party”

“Okay” Derpy says with a equally silly grin.”Just don't get me too wasted”

“Don't be silly, Cookie. Nopony is getting wasted, just a couple drinks to brighten our day” Derpy takes in that last statement. Cookie, she called me cookie.

“nonsense, Pinkie, I've got plenty” Rarity says with an evil smile. The idea of seeing Pinkie drunk gets more and more intriguing to Derpy.

“alright, then” Derpy walks forward with a big smile. “Let's get this party started”

Several hours later the door of the carousel boutique swings open and Derpy and Pinkie Pie walk outside in to the crisp night.

“Rarity, you know how to throw the best fancy shmancy parties!” Pinkie says, almost too loud.

“well thank you darling, I do hope you'll be okay to walk home” Rarity says with a bit of worry. “I thought you would have handled your alcohol much better than you do.”

“It's fine, I'm fine.” Pinkie says as she stumbles into the street, motioning for Derpy to follow her.

“Thanks *hick* for everything Rarity” Derpy says. “We really apprecerate, apreeseeate...appreciate it” Derpy says sternly, as if she's mad at herself for not pronouncing things correctly.

“Don't mention it darling” Rarity waves and closes the door. Derpy starts to follow Pinkie down the street, and finds it hard to walk, due partially to the alcohol, and partially because of her still sore limbs from her fall. As they walk Pinkie takes the time to look around at everything. She notices an ant walking along the ground and folds her forelegs under her stomach to get a closer look. With her rump in the air, Derpy can't help but take a quick peak.

“Look Derpy, and ant-” Pinkie turns around just in time to see Derpy taking a peak at her rear end.

“I..uh, was just-”

Pinkie looks back at Derpy with a big smile on her face. “Looks like somepony see's something she likes”

“heh, I was just-”

“shhhh, I know what you were doing. You know what I'm going to do about it?” Pinkie stands up and walks towards Derpy slowly swaying back and forth

“uhhhh”

“I'm gonna...Muah” Pinkie plants a kiss on Derpy's nose, interupting herself. “I'm gonna take you home you silly little filly”

“Isn't that where we were going anyway?” Derpy replies with a stupid grin on her face. She couldn't believe they were actually having this conversation. Drunk Pinkie Pie, is definitely okay with her!

“Now we're backtalkin' huh? Now you're gonna get a spanking” Pinkie says, loud enough for anypony still awake to hear.

“heh, how about we just wait until we get back to your place for this” Derpy says watching pinkie start to motion towards her backside. As fun as this whole spanking thing sounded, she didn't exactly want to do it in plain view.

“Oh, now I see what you're trying to do! You just wanna get to my place, huh?” Pinkie was taking things a little to far, grabbing Derpy's tail with her teeth.

Getting a little awkward here

Derpy is lost in thought. What can she do?

“Uh, Pinkie?” Derpy says with a bit of a shutter “Wanna go make some cupcakes?”

“HELL YEAH” Pinkie turns and starts running, then stops remembering Derpy can't keep up with her injuries. “Let's go pretty pony.” With that, Derpy blushes and begins to follow Pinkie down the street.

“Okay” Derpy starts thinking about what she had just stopped. Was it something she wanted to happen? Certainly not in public...or maybe she did want to? She loves Pinkie and doesn't care who knows it. Still, things were going a little too far for the time and place.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Derpy awoke snuggled up to Pinkie Pie once again, but this time not in bed. As her sleepy vision subsides she realizes they're laying on the kitchen floor. Both ponies' fur is matted and sticky. What is all over them? Derpy take a whiff of the air.

“yep, that's frosting” Derpy thinks to herself. She was trying to remember what happened, and she looked around the room confused.

“Good Morning Derpy” Pinkie says with just as much excitement as usual. “I guess I've got a mess to clean up, and you need to go get in bed, missy!” Pinkie said, doing her best to sound bossy.

“ I made this mess too...I think. I'm a little upset I don't remember what went on here.” Derpy said with a grin.

“Well, we were making cupcakes, and I spilled the batter on the ground...then you rolled in it, and I'm still trying to figure that one out.” She giggles, and continues. “Then I dumped all the frosting on the ground and we rolled around like professional pony mixers!” Pinkie starts cracking up.

“uhhhh” Derpy's face was red, she couldn't believe she did something like that. “I guess we were just destined to take a tumble together” Derpy said with a silly grin and a wink. “Let me help you clean this up, then I'll go lay down...or, maybe take a bath first”

“Don't worry about the mess Derpy, I've got it under control”

“Are you sure?”

“Derpy, have you seen how fast I can move? This will take no time at all. I'm the fastest cleaning pink pony in all of Equestria!”

“If you say so” Derpy said

“I just did, Silly! Now go get in the bath. Be careful though, my shoulder's achey! You know what that means!”

“Uhhhhh, I don't think I do” Derpy looked confused

“There's an alligator in the tub” Pinkie said with a big grin.

“Oh, gummy. Gotcha” Derpy gave Pinkie a kiss and walked to the bathroom.






The end?