• Published 9th May 2019
  • 19,783 Views, 1,289 Comments

1000 Years Later - DekaSkittalz



After the events of 1000 Years, our (technically not so young) teenage protagonist is ready to face the world. Or is he?

  • ...
79
 1,289
 19,783

Family Reunion

I’m sitting at my desk, staring at a picture of a person I don’t know how to feel about. It’s been seventeen years since he disappeared. Almost eighteen now, since it's close to the new year. He was the same age as me when it happened, and apparently, me and him have a lot in common; at least that’s what Mom says. From the way we act, to the things we like. Even had a similar sense of humor. I guess it’s to be expected though, considering we both come from the same parents.

I sigh. “Just who were you…” I whisper to myself.

I’ve always wanted to meet him. Or rather, wish he’d been here the whole time. Being an only child isn’t fun. Some might say otherwise, but it’s how I feel. As nice as that sounds, it would be kind of awkward for someone to show up at our door, claiming to be my long lost brother. Mom and Dad have pretty much given up hope that he’ll come back, that he’s either dead, or living his life somewhere else.

I sigh and look over at the clock, and upon noticing it's a little past eleven P.M., I get up and throw on my winter clothes and brush my hair, preparing to go out. I’ve sorta made it a thing to go out to the forest where he went missing whenever I get to thinking about him. Maybe it gives me closure, or maybe I just like the atmosphere… who knows. I keep thinking maybe one day I’ll see his ghost or something.

After gathering my things, sneaking out of the house is a simple task, it’s not hard to be quiet. After that, I start walking towards the forest, listening to some calming piano music, and admiring the christmas decorations that are still on. Never been the best idea to walk around at night, especially as a fourteen year old girl, but that’s never stopped me.

Probably not the best idea to mess with a girl who knows how to defend herself either. When I was younger, Dad was still holding onto hope that Jace would come back one day; That maybe he was kidnapped, thrown into some underground slave trade or something. Dad wanted to make sure that never happened to me, so he signed me up for Systema. Very interesting martial arts. Couple that with having a karambit, I’m not afraid to put someone down. I’ve definitely put people in the hospital to say the least. I haven’t killed anyone, and maybe knowing as much as I do is a bit over the top but still. Can’t be too careful these days.

Thankfully I make it to the forest without incident. My parents always want me to avoid this place at all costs, but I just can’t help myself. It’s calming, and very pretty. Especially in the snow. Or maybe I just like to act out… that’s what Dad says anyways. Thinks I do it for attention or something.

I simply walk through the forest just watching the snow collect on the ground for at least an hour. A bit longer than I usually walk for, but I just don’t feel like stopping yet. I haven’t been this far before, and I know it stretches on for miles, but the path is all the same. After a while longer, I notice a faint light coming from off the path up ahead. My curiosity piqued, I walk towards it, hand on the handle of my knife just in case.

My curiosity morphs to that of confusion upon seeing the source of the light. Floating above a frozen lake, is a small violet ball. But, it's glowing, brightly at that; and nothing is holding it up. I walk a full circle around the lake, and still don’t see anything that could explain what I’m looking at. Pausing my music and putting away my earbuds, I notice a soft hum reverberating through the air, seemingly coming from the ball itself. I don’t feel any sort of pull towards it, but I’m really curious about it. I pull out my phone and take a couple pictures of it from different angles, then pocket it and sit down at the edge of the lake, staring at it and admiring it for a while.

Now, you know that random thought in your head, and you just think, ‘excuse me’? Like, when you’re washing the dishes, and you’re cleaning the big knife, out of nowhere you just think, ‘stab yourself’? Obviously, you have no intention of doing it, but the thought crosses your mind from out of nowhere. That’s what I’m getting here. I know I shouldn’t touch it, but I wanna.

“...I’m gonna touch the butt…”

I get up, and start slowly and carefully making my way across the iced over lake. It’s dry, and seems solid enough, so I keep on going. The humming gets louder as I approach it, and strangely enough, I start to hear whispers. It’s impossible to discern what they’re saying, and of course this sets off all kinds of red flags in my head, but I’m already this close. Might as well see it through.

When I get close enough, I reach out and snatch it, and my vision goes completely violet, and all I hear is white noise. On top of that, there’s now an indescribable pain in my right eye, and my entire body feels numb. All I can do is try to control my breathing, failing miserably due to constant involuntary convulsions all over my body.

Eventually it stops, and I slam my left eye open, my right eye in too much pain to try and open, and notice a few things right off the bat. One, I’m falling, from the sky it seems. Two, it’s day time. Three, the surrounding area looks completely different from anything I’ve ever seen, almost fantasy like; there's even what looks like a castle on the side of a mountain really close. And four, I’m approaching the ground. Fast.

That last thing got to me a bit later than it should have, and I close my eyes and start screaming. I can barely even hear myself screaming over the wind whipping past my face. ‘I DON’T WANNA DIE!’ I internally scream, crying and cursing that stupid ball and cursing myself for being so stupid as to touch it.

I suddenly feel something slam into me from behind. Looking down, I see a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. Before I have time to look behind me, my vision goes black for a split second, and next thing I know, I find myself on what looks to be a stone walkway, leading up to that castle I saw a moment ago. I stop my screaming, tears still streaming down my face, I check myself over and let out a shaky laugh.

“Heh...heheh….hahah….hahaha! I’m alive!”


I rub away the pain in my eye from having blinked all the way and back, once with another person; which, need I remind you, hurts like a bitch. When I heard the screaming, a human falling from the sky was the last thing I expected. Knowing from experience myself that humans can’t fly, I quickly reacted, not wanting to lose the only chance at meeting another of my kind I’d likely ever get.

After wiping away the blood the best I can, making a mental note to remember to get a rag for just that purpose, I take a closer look at the human I just saved. A girl with long black hair, a snow covered night blue winter coat, a bright red scarf hanging loosely around her neck, a black pants underneath a skirt, and winter boots. She’s on her knees right now, laughing hysterically, likely happy to still be alive.

Out of curiosity, I examine her with my Left Eye, but what I read causes my eyes to widen.

’Kaia Ingram Soto, Sister; Bearer of the Right Eye.’

My breath hitches in my throat, and I stare at the girl wide eyed.

Unfortunately, the sound of that causes her to stop her laughing, turn and look in my direction.

Sister? But I don’t have a sister! I was an only child! and what's that about a Right Eye?!

Her eye that she has open, the left one I note, goes wide as well, and she stares at me for a moment. She then stands up and starts walking closer to me. “J-Jace? Is that really you?”

I’m left speechless, unable to respond, only staring at the word ‘sister’ floating by her name. Jace? That was my name...

She seems to stop and take a step back. “But… you disappeared… seventeen years ago. How could it… be you? But you look exactly the same as you did in the pictures… and what’s up with your eye…?”

Finally finding my voice, I clear my throat and speak, not daring to take my eyes off her. “That’s one hell of a story…”

Author's Note:

*tries sneaking off through the door without being noticed but a spotlight shines directly on me, causing me to freeze in place*

heeeeeyyyyyy.... been a while, eh? what? no, of course I didn't think I could just post this and slip away without a word after so long. heheh... sooo! how ya'll been? I've been alright, thanks for asking.

so, a Right Eye! another human! Null's (or rather, Jace's) sister! thoughts? my oh my. did any of you guys see this coming? I don't really got much to say on the chapter itself, other than here it is, and sorry for the wait.

once again, I am the chess playing pigeon, and you all are welcome to comment your thoughts down below, as I do read each and every single one of them.