• Published 9th May 2019
  • 19,665 Views, 1,289 Comments

1000 Years Later - DekaSkittalz



After the events of 1000 Years, our (technically not so young) teenage protagonist is ready to face the world. Or is he?

  • ...
79
 1,289
 19,665

Half Mooned Introductions

It’s barely been twenty minutes since we left the throne room, and I’m already unamused. Standing infront of me and Kaia, are three guards. Three Crescents. all of which I met last night. Behind them is Luna, followed by Skyline.

Of course, the armed guard detail doesn’t do anything to help keep Kaia calm either.

“Alright… I’ll bite. What’s all this about.” I ask annoyed.

“A number of things, actually. I’m assigning two Crescents to your sister, and an additional one to you.” she says evenly.

“Mhm… right. Okay, one thing: Why?” I respond tersely.

“As I said, a number of reasons. One, you yourself stated how important it was to you that nothing happen to her: They will be there to ensure her own protection. Two, civil unrest. You probably haven’t noticed, but there's been a number of ponies demanding we ‘remove you’, to put it lightly. Refusing to even remotely accept anything less.” I visibly tense up, my hand clenching into a fist.

Luna notices this and speaks quickly. “Assigning these guards to you two should act to deter any who would dare to take things into their own hooves, as well as to put the public more at ease. Even if you two are capable of handling yourselves, it wouldn’t do anything to help the public opinion about you if you did. The media would have a field day twisting the events into some horrific tale.”

I nod, unclenching my fist, and look over to see Kaia looking at me curiously.

“Lastly, the same reason I initially assigned Skyline to you. Not much is known about your eye, less so for hers. I trust you, and I want to trust you as well, Kaia.” she says addressing her directly. “But you must understand that we didn’t even know a Right Eye existed, let alone what it's capable of. Given the history of the Left Eye and the nature of it, I’d imagine their origins are similar. Perhaps that can be something for Null to look into later on. That said, this is to protect our subjects as much as it is to protect you.”

“That's… pretty fair. No way in hell would it go like this on Earth. Not even sure if I trust this whole eye business myself.” Kaia says. “Just as long as they don’t cross any boundaries, I can live with this.” Kaia says calmly.

I raise an eyebrow at her, confused at how easily she’s taking this. And what would it go like on Earth?

Luna smiles and nods. “Well, if there’s nothing else to be said, I’ll leave you all to get acquainted.” she says turning and leaving.

After a brief introduction on their part, we all stand there in silence as she walks away. Standing up a little straighter, I clear my throat. “Alright, who’s babysitting who?”

Twisted steps over towards me, and scoffs while the others step towards Kaia. “I ain’t babysittin’ shit, I’m just here to make sure nobody gets killed; What you do with your time beyond that, I couldn’t care less. Unless you’re drinkin, cause then I want in.” he says with a smirk.

“So I’m babysitting you, got it.” I say smirking back.

“Bah, don’t be such a sore loser.”

“In case you forgot, you also lost.” Caiuss chimes in.

“At least I wasn’t first blood.” Twisted snaps back.

“Uh, I feel like I’m missing something here?” Kaia interjects.

“Long story short, the five of us were in a duel last night. Me and Skyline vs those three.” I explain.

“Why were you all fighting?” she asks.

“Originally it was supposed to be just me against them, but your brother there decided to step in with me. As for why, that’s uh… a bit of a long story.” Skyline says with a scratch at the back of his head.


“... and you’re saying this little blue plant caused all that? I’m having a hard time believing all that.” I say while crouched and looking at said plant skeptically.

“To be fair, I wouldn’t believe it either if it didn’t happen. Poison Joke typically doesn’t have that type of reaction with ponies.” the one named Skyline says.

“And for the sake everyone, I recommend you don’t touch it either. Last thing we need is something like that happening with you.” the other bat like pony tacks on.

Something about the story made me question something however. “Wait, you said you forgave Skyline because it gave you a chance to fight… Celestia I think her name was?” I ask Jace.

He visibly tenses up, his fists clenching I notice.

“Yeah, nearly got to kill her.”

“Why do you want to kill her?” I ask, shocked that he actually tried to kill someone.

“Why?!” he snaps, whipping around at me. I flinch and instinctively reach for my knife.

“That bitch deserves worse than death for what she did to me!” he yells.

“You said that before, but what did she actually do to you?!”

“She’s the reason I was trapped in a stony purgatory for two thousand years!”

I go quiet after that, not having anything to say in return.

I sorta thought that might have been what happened, but I didn’t wanna think it was the case… she seemed too nice to do that.

“Yeah, nothing to say to that now, huh?”

I notice Skyline behind him, waving a hoof over his throat, but I ignore him. “But… She had to have had a reason! She did have a reason… didn’t she?”

I notice Skyline facehoof behind him, and for the first time, I see Jace’s Eye light up. It was so jarring and startling that I pulled out my knife.

He glances at it, and I realize my mistake. “Tch… You’re that scared of me? You’re no better than her. No, she didn’t have a reason. Not at all.”

And just like that, he disappears out of nowhere. I look around frantically, panicked that he might have tried to attack me, but nothing happens. Instead, I hear a sigh from in front of me.

“Did you have to pull your knife on him?” Skyline asks.

“Damn, and here I was thinking this assignment might not be so boring. Now we gotta go track down a monkey boy that could be anywhere.” Twisted groans and takes off into the air.

I watch him fly off, slowly putting my knife away. “I’ll talk to him when we find him.” I hear Skyline say as he takes off as well.

I watch until they’re both gone.

“Did she… really not have a reason?”

Author's Note:

I'm floundering alright? I'm tryin to work on this, but I keep working one step at a time. like, I sit down and brainstorm my way through a couple things, (some involved in this chapter, some not) and lose all motivation to sit down and write. it may not look like it, but even the simplest things in this story have alot of thought put behind it.

for example, which guard was assigned to which sibling. it may not seem that important, but it vastly impacts future events because of who interacts with who when they're seperated. and thats just one thing! I think about alot of things, things that won't be coming til a long while later, things that won't come til soonish, things that may not come at all!

aside from that, a Lackluster christmas and a failure at finding a proper job (ik i said i found one, but that turned out to be a bust. rip.), life's been rough. i got alot more on my mind than just the story. I'm lucky to have a family that hasn't just kicked me to the curb, and the threat of eviction from our landlord constantly hanging over our heads, doesn't help. That said, with my internet being in jeopardy every month, I've decided to crack and start A Ko-fi.

ik, ik, whoa, I've stooped so low as to sell out ask for money. but hey, this is just a thought, and hear me out, the simple answer is, ya don't HAVE to just cuz i asked. I don't want anyone thinking i made up some sob story, or that I'm begging for cash or something (those of you who read these authors notes might already know about some of the issues i've brought up over the year.) if nobody donates, I might be able to scrape by somehow anyways like i always have by pulling something out of my ass. but if even just one of you decides to toss me a buck or two, it helps me out and makes my life just a bit easier. I figure, nothing to lose, right?

so there you have it. I've laid myself bare for you all. I can try to promise to write a bit more frequently, and try some other oneshots i've had bouncing around in my head, but that all depends on the luck of my dice doesn't it.

Have at it toss me a buck or two. or don't.

(and as always, feel free to leave a comment down there, I do read every single one of them)