• Published 9th May 2019
  • 19,792 Views, 1,289 Comments

1000 Years Later - DekaSkittalz



After the events of 1000 Years, our (technically not so young) teenage protagonist is ready to face the world. Or is he?

  • ...
79
 1,289
 19,792

Advice

After a certain amount of time spent sitting on a cliff stewing in your own anger, your thoughts start to betray you; like mine are currently. Now I’m just left feeling empty and unsure. There’s no doubt about it, she is my sister… but looking back on it, why did I react how I did? Why do I care? What if we don’t get along? Already off to a great start on that last one…

What would everyone else think of her? The public would probably hate her just for being related to me, hell, probably just for being the same species as me. The public… that’s something that's gonna have to be addressed soon too… even I know it can’t just be ignored.

But this is all besides the point. Having family is hard… how did I manage in the past? I barely know I have a sister for an hour and already I fucked it up. She was just scared… and that's the last thing she needs right now.

It’s at this point I hear wing flaps heading my way; a pair of them. Looking around, I spot my two guards making a beeline for me. Great, just what I needed. It was gonna happen eventually though.

“Should have figured you’d be here.” Skyline calls out when he gets close enough to be heard.

“Oh yeah? Why’s that? It was your sister who found me here last time, not you.” I reply.

“Yeah, but she pointed it out when she got back to the circle, ya blockhead.” Twisted says offhandedly.

I roll my eyes and go back to staring off into space. “So what, you here to drag me back?” I ask tersely.

“Not really, no. but we do have to keep you in our sight. Past that and making sure you don’t do anything you’re not supposed to, like jumping off of balconies, you’re free to do whatever.” Skyline answers neutrally.

I raise an eyebrow at that, but don’t look at them.

After a moment of silence, I voice a question while turning to Skyline. “How do you handle having a sister?”

He raises an eyebrow at me. “Same way you handle having friends. Just a bit more carefully is all.”

“That can’t be all there is to it.” I say in disbelief.

“It’s not that difficult a concept to grasp. Just being nice and listening goes a long way.” he says.

“That, and not ya know, yelling and scaring her would probably be a good way to go about it too.” Twisted tacks on.

Skyline shoots him a look that just screams ‘not helping’ and Twisted, to his credit, ignores it completely.

I look at them for a moment longer before looking away again.

“Apologizing would probably help too ya know.” Skyline says evenly.

My face screws up in disgust at the thought of apologizing for anything related to Celestia… but he’s right.

After another moment of silence, I see three forms walking out to the dueling circle. I raise an eyebrow, which hikes up even higher when I notice that it’s Kaia and her guards.

I take note of Skyline following my gaze in the corner of my eye, but he doesn’t show any visible reaction. “Ya know, unlike you, she is actually a child. Children behave differently. Admittedly, you yourself still act like a child” Twisted snorts at that. “But you gotta buck up and be the big brother you claim to be.”

I let out a sigh and stand up. “... You’re shit at this, ya know that?” I ask.

“Hey, it’s workin isn’t it?” Twisted snaps back.

I let out a chuckle at that, and look back down to my sister. Well, might as well get this over with.

With one last sigh, I blink down to the circle behind her and barely touch her shoulder. All in a matter of seconds however, the dueling circle thrums to life, and I’m on the ground with a knife to my throat, struggling to breath from the impact, held in a red aura while Kaia is held in a blue one. I watch her wide eyed for a moment as the circle does it’s thing and separates us, after which it lets us go and the dome shuts down.

She’s got a wide far off look in her eyes as she watches me, before she finally closes them and takes a deep breath before letting it out. Afterwards, she fixes me with a glare. “Don’t sneak up on me like that! Where did you even come from?!” she berates me.

It takes me a moment to catch my breath enough sit up and respond. “From a cliff; GOD that hurts! You didn’t have to do all that!”

“You didn’t have to sneak up on me either!” she lets out a sigh. “What were you even doing?”

“Well I did come down to apologize, but now I feel like you owe me one too. Did you have to flip me that hard? How- where’d you even learn to do that?!” I exclaim while rubbing the back of my head.

She rolls her eyes and walks over to me. “Oh quit being a baby, I could have done it harder.” she says extending a hand to me. I look at it cautiously before taking it in my hand, and she hoists me up with relative ease. “Besides, didn’t you say you were impaled a couple times?” she asks in a mocking tone.

“Yes and no, part of me was, but not me directly, and ‘I’ was on a pain nullifying potion. Didn’t even flinch when it happened according to Luna. But that's besides the point!”

She rolls her eyes again and crosses her arms. “Anyways, you said you came to apologize?”

I roll my neck around a bit, letting out some satisfying cracks before responding to her. “Yeah… I’m sorry for how I reacted earlier, it wasn’t fair to you. I’m not used to… any of this, really; life in general…”

She looks at me with a sidelong expressionless look, before finally giving a small smile. “Apology accepted.”

Author's Note:

well, been about 2 months give or take. and this is all I got to show for it? it's sad to say, but yes. it really is. I was hit with a massive wall of writers block. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to happen, but when it came time to put descriptions and actual substance to it, actually writing it out, I blanked. I'm also admittedly a bit too focused on the future, as I have alot of ideas for what I want to have happen, but not many on how to get there. so I took a bit of time to do some shitshots of writing intermittently (to myself, which will not be uploaded. some aren't even pony related) over these past few weeks. even with that it was a struggle to focus and force myself to write this. this, and the next few chapters might seem a bit forced, and they might not.

that aside, I had a couple issues with financial strife (trying not to dip into the negatives with unexpected fees popping up), but thats been eased a little by the help of some good friends (to the detriment of my next paycheck, but hey, better late than never, right?) so i've had to focus a bit on taking care of that as well.

I understand that with as little as I upload, I'm not exactly deserving of any "breaks" but I will keep tryin as only I can. I do promise more to come relatively soon. (and hopefully thats the truth this time, I hope so at least). anyways, go ahead and post any comments ya have, I do read every single one of them.

buy me a Kofi?