• Published 9th May 2019
  • 19,850 Views, 1,289 Comments

1000 Years Later - DekaSkittalz



After the events of 1000 Years, our (technically not so young) teenage protagonist is ready to face the world. Or is he?

  • ...
79
 1,289
 19,850

Crash Course

I take a closer look at the boy standing in front of me. The resemblance is uncanny… “Well… start explaining then.” I say, uncertain if I actually wanna know what’s going on here.

He stands there dumbstruck for a moment longer, before he clears his throat. “Uh… right… well… man, where do I even begin?”

“How about you start with when you went missing eighteen years ago, huh?” I suggest.

He cringes a bit, but he looks surprised soon after. “Back up… eighteen years? It’s been eighteen years on Earth?”

Now I’m just confused. “On Earth? What do you mean by that?”

He sighs and drags his hand down his face. “Alright, lemme give you the crash course.”


Equestria? Ponies? Magic? It all sounds impossible… but, I also thought I’d never see my brother again either…

After his brief explanation of our whereabouts, he continues talking. “As for your questions, it’s been a while but most I remember was I went missing in a forest. I found this weird cave, and there was a cave in. Found a glowing blue orb, touched it, then I wound up falling from the sky, same as you.” he scratches his neck. “That was all about… two thousand years ago, give or take.”

My eyes bug out entirely, and I take a step back. “T-TWO THOUSAND YEARS?! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU’RE TWO THOUSAND YEARS OLD?!”

“Hey, easy with the yelling. Yeah, I’m two thousand and fourteen-ish years old. As for how, I…” he hesitates and looks upset. “I was trapped in stone for that entire time. I was only free’d recently, and nobody really knows how.... I’ll spare you the details of what that’s like, but just know it’s worse than anything you can imagine.” he gets a far off look in his eyes.

Trapped in stone for two thousand years… he’s right… I can’t even imagine what that must be like. That explains a couple things but… “Wait, did you say glowing blue ball?”

“Yeah, that’s how I got here. That glowing blue ball is this thing here.” he says pointing to his strange left eye. “Apparently the ponies here called it the Left Eye. I have quite a bit of power thanks to it. And you seem to be in the same boat.” he says.

“What do you mean? What kind of power?”

“Well, for one, my Eye gives me information on anything and everything I want; with some caveats. That’s how I know your name is Kaia, without you having ever told me. Thanks to this Eye, I also know you have something called a Right Eye. Though what kind of powers it grants you, I have no clue. We’ll worry about that later though, I’m guessing it hurts like a bitch right now.” he explains as calmly as he can.

“Y-yeah… it does… sorry, just… this is a lot to take in…” I say sitting down on the ground.

“Oh believe me, I know it is… but at least you have a better start than I did.” After saying that, he walks over and sits down next to me.

“Ya know Null, when you ran off again, this was the last thing I expected to find.” An unknown voice calls from behind me. Reacting on instinct, I get up and pull out my knife, facing the source of the voice.


I was surprised to see her react so violently so quickly, and with a knife at that. “Whoa, easy, easy, he’s a friend.” I say, carefully reaching over and lowering her arm.

Skyline raises an eyebrow at her and sighs out in annoyance. “You do know I have to report this, right?”

“Yeah, I bet you do. But when you do, be sure to convey that if anything happens to my little sister here, all hell will break loose.” I say, putting a possessive arm around her shoulder.

Surprise covers his face. “Sister? You never mentioned you had a sister.”

I shrug. “I never knew until now.”

“How do you know she’s your sister then?” he asks. I simply tap my left eye, and he rolls his eyes. “Right… well, either way, you both gotta come with me now. Sorry, but this is clearly too important to just let wait for the next report.”

Kaia looks at me curiously, and I nod. “I’ll explain a bit more later. For now, just go with it. You’re safe here, I can promise you that much.” She hesitantly nods, and sticks close to me as we follow Skyline.

As we walk, I notice she still hasn’t put the knife away, her grip on it still iron tight, and her eyes wide staring at the thestral infront of her.

“You need to calm down Kaia. I know that’s asking a lot, but try.” I say. Kind of hypocritical of me though, my mind’s racing probably as much as hers right now.

“You said there were ponies here… never said anything about them being small and looking nothing like ponies on Earth.” she says letting out a shaky breath, finally putting away the knife.

“Well, to be fair, I don’t remember much of anything about Earth or my time there. Only thing I’ve got is pictures on my phone, which somehow still works.” I explain, thumbing said phone around in my pocket.

There’s a fair moment of silence between us after that. I thought about saying a couple things, but couldn’t figure out how to say it without upsetting her. ‘How’s Mom and Dad?’ ‘You have any friends?’ ‘How’s life been on earth?’. It all just sounds insensitive, and doesn’t seem like there even is a right way to ask those questions.

If it’s only been eighteen years on Earth, how long has it been since she wound up here? How long til Mom and Dad notice she’s gone? Is there even a way back home? Would I be welcome back home? ...Would I even want to go back? Looking over at Kaia, which is still jarring to think that I have a little sister, who’s the same height as me no less, I start to wonder what she wants. If there is a way back, it wouldn’t be fair to her to deprive her of that.

I was so lost in thought that I didn’t even notice we were already standing in front of Luna and Celestia in a, thankfully, empty throne room. The lack of hatred for the sun Diarch I felt the other day is gone, back into full effect. Especially when the very real possibility that she might try to do to her what she did to me.

We all stand there in silence for a hot minute, with Luna being the first to break the silence. “I’m not sure what to make of this… You have a sister… who is now here.” I simply nod, thankful Skyline did some explaining while I was lost in thought.

There's another long pause before Celestia speaks up, and I clench my fists at the sound of her voice. “If I may ask, why is your eye closed dear?”

Before I can even open my mouth, Kaia answers. “It hurts right now… Jace said it’s because of a ‘Right Eye’ I think…”

As soon as the word Right Eye leaves her mouth, every pony in the room tenses up. I step in front of her and look directly at Celestia. “And if you even think about doing to her what you did to me, I’ll personally ensure this planet never experiences another day and night cycle.” I threaten. Behind me, I can hear Kaia flinch, probably fearful of what might have happened to me happening to her. Or maybe fearful of my threat, not knowing if I can really do that or not.

After a tense few seconds, Luna clears her throat. “And… who is Jace, might I ask?”

“... Him…” she says pointing at me. “That’s his name, isn’t it?”

I turn around and face her, and she’s taking a few steps back. “Are you really my brother?”

I sigh and look at her. “I am your brother. I forgot my name after the first hundred years or so of being a statue. Nobody knew my name, and Luna had a weird phase, so she dubbed me Null, The Auspicious Observer. Had it written on a plaque, and that’s how that name stuck. Ended up being seen as a god for whatever reason by some.”

She takes another step back, reaching for her knife. I sigh again, but a thought crosses my mind. “Oh! Here, if you still don’t believe me, this should be proof enough for you.” I say while pulling my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it and opening the camera roll. I slide the phone over to her on the ground, keeping her preferred distance. She hesitantly looks at it before picking it up, and looking through it.

I wasn’t expecting her to break out into tears however. She lets go of her knife again, and falls to her knees, covering her mouth to try and muffle herself. “It… really is you… we have some of the same pictures at home on the walls…”

I walk over to her, and hug her. “I told you. I know this entire situation is crazy, but it’s reality.”

She latches onto me hard. “I just don’t know what to think right now…” Her breath hitches. “Mom and Dad are gonna freak when they find out I’m missing… can we even go home?” She asks while looking up at me.

I genuinely don’t know the answer, so I look up at the two Princesses. They look at each other, then back at us. “We… are unsure. Null has only been free for a maybe a week, and hasn’t expressed a desire to go back to his home world. Although, we didn’t know time flowed differently where you are from, so whether he wants to now is up to him. In your case though, if you want to, we can assure you we will try to find a way, but warn you that there is a very real possibility that you cannot return.” they explain.

She sniffles and wipes her eyes. “That’s… all I can ask for, isn’t it.”

“It’s all we can promise, is to try.” Celestia says.

I’m not sure if I fully trust Celestia, and I still hate her. But if she can follow through on that promise, and it makes my sister happy… I don’t know… can’t say for sure.

Luna clears her throat. “In the meantime, you are more than welcome to stay here in the castle alongside your brother.” She hesitantly nods. “Very well then.”

Author's Note:

What's this? another chapter? and only a week from the last one? who am i? really?

honestly don't know how to feel about this chapter tbh. it's alot of information that's already known to you readers, but to Kaia, and in some cases, Null, they don't know these things. feels kinda redundant, but i feel it needs to be said. it's a weird spot, where saying too much feels like a reach for word count, but not saying enough feels like bad lazy writing. hopefully ya'll can tolerate it, and hopefully next chapter comes soon and not full of exposition that's already known.

or maybe my fears are unfounded and ya'll enjoy the chapter. who knows?

all I know, is I'm a pigeon. a pigeon who likes to read comments, so much so that he reads every single one. so feel free to leave them down there!