• Published 9th May 2019
  • 19,778 Views, 1,289 Comments

1000 Years Later - DekaSkittalz



After the events of 1000 Years, our (technically not so young) teenage protagonist is ready to face the world. Or is he?

  • ...
79
 1,289
 19,778

Questions and Wagers

I groan in pain and simply float in what I assume is water. “Where am I?” I ask the group of laughing people.

They eventually quiet down, and I recognize Luna’s voice speaking. “You’re in Twilight’s Library, Null.”

Very helpful…

“Yeah, okay, so why am I wet, floating, and in so much pain that I can’t be bothered to move or open my eyes?” I ask with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

Another voice responds this time, and I recognize it to be Pinkie Pie’s. “Because you’re in a bathtub silly!”

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. If I’m at Twi’s place, a tub would be the most logical option… why didn’t I think of that?

“And the other half of my question?” I ask, wondering why they’re being so dodgy on the subject.

The room stays quiet for quite a while. Until… One particular voice, the last one I wanted to hear, speaks up. “You attacked me Null. I was left with no choice but to defend myself.”

I was about to say something, but what she said caught up with me before I could do so. Dumbfounded, and still in pain, all I could manage was, “...What?”

“You attacked me; or rather, your anger did. It seems you were split by your emotions. From what your happiness told us, we can only surmise it was due to Poison Joke.” she explained.

“...You wanna run that by me again?” I ask, equally as confused as I was before her explanation.

“Perhaps we should get null out of the tub and dried off before continuing this?” Luna offered.

“No, I wanna hear this now. What do you mean ‘split by my emotions’?” I state, starting to get impatient.

This time, Twilight spoke. “Well, from what I gather, you fell into some Poison Joke, which for whatever reason, split you into six different versions of yourself; each representing one of the core emotions: happiness, sadness, disgust, surprise, fear, and anger. Me and my friends found five of them, but the sixth, anger, found Princess Celestia.”

I float there in the tub, going over in my head what I was just told.

“...how close was it?” I ask, curious about how close I came to dying and or killing Celestia.

“Quite frankly, you should have died multiple times. The only reason you didn’t was because of some potions you had. A few revitalization potions, I’d guess some stamina and strength enhancers, and probably a pain nullifier...no pun intended.” Celestia answers.

“That sounds about right… Null was in possession of those kinds of potions… I’m not sure whether or not it was a good or bad thing that I let you keep those.” Luna states.

“Had I defeated your anger, you might not be here now. Though there was a time or two where you almost killed me as well. Take that for what you will.” Celestia tacked on.

“Hold on, so if I was on a pain nullifier, why do I hurt now?” I ask, not exactly sure how the potions I took are supposed to work.

This time, Starlight speaks up, and I’m surprised to hear her voice. I wasn’t expecting her to be here. “Because the potion doesn’t make the pain not exist, it just makes you not feel it for the duration of the potion's effects. Plus, revitalization potions don’t do anything for pain. Everything’s just starting to catch up with you now.” she explains.

“Mm… if you say so… how’d you get dragged into this though, Starlight?” I ask, genuinely curious.

“I was just walking through town, then your happiness found me. Didn’t know it wasn’t exactly you at the time, so we just talked while Rainbow Dash was leading you back to Twilight’s place. Twilight thought I might have been able to help, considering I was your friend; That’s how I got roped into this. But what about you? How did you wind up in some poison joke?” she asks.

“Hell if I know… last thing I remember was Luna giving me my own room… before that, dinner with Luna and Celestia, don’t ask… I don’t even know what Poison Joke is, so I wouldn’t know.” I admit.

“Wow, two thousand years old and you don’t know what Poison Joke is?” I hear Rainbow’s annoying voice quip.

“Rainbow!!” everyone yells.

“Ah, bite me, I wasn’t even there for well over half of it!” I yell.

Celestia clears her throat, which stops anyone else from adding their own two cents. “There is some Poison Joke in the Castle Gardens. It normally only plays a small harmless prank on whoever comes in contact with it. It’s only there because it’s a rare and exotic plant. It’s even in a section of the gardens closed off to civilians to prevent anyone from accidentally coming in contact with it, and everyone in the castle knows it’s there.”

“...Wait, in the gardens? You mean those blue flowers I fell in… that’s why that fucker was laughing! He knew!” I exclaim. “When I can move again, I’m gonna kick his ass!”

“Now Null, there won’t be any of that; Skyline will appear before a proper court-martial for his actions. You of course will have to testify, but I’m sure you won’t mind.” Luna states.

I’m about to tell her that isn’t really necessary, but another idea pops into my head. So I kept quiet. Instead, I change the subject. “Can someone get me out of this tub? It’s starting to get uncomfortable just floating and unable to move… bringing back some bad memories. Oh, and does anyone know any sort of pain spells? This is starting to get to be a bit much.”

I hear someone’s horn chime, and feel my body get picked up entirely, so as to not move me too much. Despite whoever’s gentleness though, I still end up screaming in pain; though I do bite my lip and keep my mouth shut, trying to hold it back. When the pain subsides enough, I feel myself growing incredibly warm, and wetness dragging down my clothes and hair seems to fade away. Next, the pain in my body starts to subside by a marginal amount. Not entirely, and still hurts alot, but not nearly to the extent as it once did. I then feel myself being gently set down on the floor. I make sure my footing is stable, then I slowly open my right eye, my left one still hurting way too much to try and open.

Looking around the room, I see the element bearers, Spike, Starlight, Luna, and lastly Celestia. Surprisingly, I don’t feel nearly as much hatred as before when I look at her. It confuses me to no end, but my attention is stolen away when I decide to look down at myself. Looking at my clothes, I notice a few things about them. Namely, a big hole just below my sternum. There are a few other cuts and holes scattered across my clothes, as well as a few spots of blood soaked into them.

“Whoa… I see what you meant when you said I should have died a few times… uh, if there were multiple copies of me, why did my clothes get messed up?” I ask, still reeling a bit from the state of my clothes making the fact I nearly died feel all the more real.

“Well, it was still you. You still feel the pain that your clones felt, so why wouldn’t your clothes be in the same state your clones left them in?” Starlight offers.

“I dunno… it just doesn’t seem like it should be that way.” I say with a small shrug.

“Well, they are clearly ruined, might as well do away with them; come now, let’s get you out of them.” Rarity says as she starts trying to pull my clothes off me. I yell out in pain as she forces my arms up to pull the shirt over my head.

“Knock that off, you ain’t takin’em from me!” I yell as I try to hang onto my shirt, which is currently over my head and tangled up in my arms. She lets go of my shirt and I pull it back down, with a huff, and hold my arms to try and alleviate the pain, though it does little much to help.

“Sorry.” she says with a sheepish grin. “Though,why won’t you get rid of it? It’s all torn up and covered in blood; there’s clearly no point in wearing it anymore.” she asks with a tilt of her head.

“Well, aside from the fact that it’s one of the last few things I have from my past, I don’t exactly have anything to change into; and while you ponies may not wear clothes, you’ll be hard pressed to catch me without any. Keeps me warm, keeps the sun off my skin, and keeps my privates hidden away.” I explain with no small amount of annoyance in my voice.

Some eyes dart towards my pants when I say that, some dart away to look anywhere but at me, and my eyes roll as I start shuffling towards the door.

I hear some mutterings behind me about nipples, assumedly mine, and some questioning my gender. I turn around and face them all. “I’m right here ya know; I have ears. Yes, I have nipples. Yes, I’m a boy. No, I’m not special to my race for having them, at least if the pictures I saw were anything to go by.” I say, my annoyance rising ever higher.

“Pictures?” about half them question.

“Another remnant of my past, much like my clothes. Maybe I’ll show you all, maybe I won’t; don’t get your hopes up though.” I say, turning back around and heading for the door once more. This time however, I end up tripping over myself, and find myself falling towards the ground with a yelp. Thankfully, someone catches me with magic, and I look back to see every single unicorn in the room with their horn lit up. Even Rainbow Dash looked ready to bolt to catch me, which makes me raise an eyebrow in surprise. I then feel a pair of hooves gently push against my chest, making me rip my head back to my front, seeing Pinkie Pie there, helping to right my orientation.

“How the hell did you get in front of me?” I ask her with a raised eyebrow. She simply giggles and winks while shushing me. I watch her walk out the door with my eyebrows threatening to fly off my face. I turn back to look at the rest of the group. “Did any of you see her move?”

My question is met with a few giggles. “Seriously, did any of you catch that? How did she do that?”

“It’s best not to question Pinkie Pie. I don’t even think your eye could explain her to you; though if it can, please let me know!” Twilight says as she walks past me out of the room.

I sigh and follow her out of the room, and everyone else follows suit. I turn back and raise an eyebrow at Rarity, who notices immediately and looks at me curiously. “What?”

“Despite you being so ready to trash them, do you think it’s even possible to fix my clothes?” I ask, honestly expecting her to just say no.

Instead, she looks more intently at my clothes. “It would be a difficult task, considering how badly damaged they are. I could probably do it though.”

“Is that you offering to or are you just saying that someone of your skill is required for it?” I ask with a bit of skepticism.

“Well, if you’re willing to part ways with them for a bit, then I’m offering.” she counters.

“How long is a bit?” I ask.

“A few hours, a day at most.” she says nonchalantly.

I study her for a moment. Even for the element of generosity, I still find it hard to believe she’d do it free…”What’s the rub?”

She raises an eyebrow at me this time. “What do you mean rub? You asked if I could do it, and I told you I could, and am willing to. While I may not personally see it as a style I’d wear, I still appreciate fashion in all its forms; Even an otherworldly form, in your case.”

Again, I study her intensely for a moment, searching her face for any hint of deception. Without my left eye though, I’m purely guessing, as I’m a terrible judge of character, and admittedly have come to rely on my eye for this kind of stuff; maybe too much. Eventually though, I decide to follow Luna’s advice, and give her a chance. “Know what, sure. Just gotta find something else to change into first.”

She gives off a smirk. “Well, I have no shortage of dresses available. Some minor alterations and I’m sure I could make one fit you.” she says with no small amount of amusement.

“Yeah, not happening.” I say firmly.

“Well, if you don’t want your clothes mended~” she says teasingly.

“...Your bluffing.” I challenge.

“Am I?” she questions, maintaining that smirk.

I squint at her, trying to determine if she’s actually serious or not. The absurd image of me in a dress amuses me for a moment. So much so that I’m surprised I find myself entertaining the idea.

“Know what? I’ll make a bet with you. If you can make me look like a female, I’ll let you put me in a dress. Fail at it though, and I get to burn the dress you put me in afterwards.”

She involuntarily shudders for a moment, but her smirk returns in full force. “You’ve got yourself a wager, darling. But if I win, you have to keep the look for three days.”

It’s my turn to shudder, and I start to reconsider the bet. On one hand, she’s got no idea what a human female looks like. On the other hand, she’s a fashionista. She probably could pull it off. I decide to take the risk though, as a fun little bet has no harm in it.

I reach my hand out, and we shake on it. I then turn to Luna with a childish smile. “So how about it Mom? Can I stay for a bit and play with my friends?

Luna rolls her eyes at my childishness, but smirks. “Very well. I must admit, I look forward to seeing the outcome of this little wager. Though we will have some important things to discuss later on, as well as you having to appear for the court martial, regardless of whether you win or lose the bet.” she says, maintaining that grin.

My smile drops as I register what she says. “Son of a…” I stop before I finish, and just sigh. I cast another look around the room, seeing everyone smiling and giggling at the little bet that I had just made. Even Celestia seemed to forget that I nearly just killed her. Well… part of me did. I still despise her, but for whatever reason, I just can’t muster up the strength to care right now.

Rarity starts walking out the door, and I sigh and follow behind. I notice Starlight, and Rainbow Dash follow suit, and I raise an eyebrow at them. “And what do you think you’re doing?” I question the two of them.

“What, you think I’d miss the chance to see Rarity shove you into a dress? And make you look like a girl on top of it? I wouldn’t miss that for the world!” Rainbow Dash says.

“Uh huh… and you?” I ask, turning my attention to Starlight.

“Well, aside from how funny it will be to see you in a dress, I also wanna make sure you don’t end up hurting yourself. You aren’t exactly up and at 'em right now.” she says with a smile on her face and a bit of genuine concern in her voice.

I smile a bit at her concern. “Well, let’s get this shitshow on the road.” I say as I turn back around and hobble after Rarity.

Author's Note:

heeeyy... been a while, eh? took me a while to get around to actually writing this. had a bit of a brain fart, and had to do some serious thinking about the story. I've thought about it enough though, so you all get a new chapter. yaaaaay.