• Published 20th Apr 2019
  • 820 Views, 14 Comments

A Date with Insert - Remedyfortheheart



A second person experience dating the various characters of the EQ universe.

  • ...
4
 14
 820

Sonata Dusk

Sonata Dusk. A beauty among a trio of bad girls, that had schemes of total control with everyone they met. An innocent girl who went along with the slightest set of instructions given to her by her only two friends in the entire world. If you could consider them friends of hers, with how bossy and rude they always are to everyone. Especially Sonata, who ends up being the net that catches all their aggravation. Today would be the day you decide watching her was not enough anymore. That through all the nervous thoughts and restrained emotions, you were going to let it out. Once and for all.

A bi-colored ponytail whipped into the air as your dream girl sat down onto a bench, near a food truck labeled "Spicy Chile's Chiles". In typical fashion, Sonata broke away from her pack and ordered lunch at her favorite taco truck. It was something she did every other day and was the one moment she voluntarily detached herself from her bossy partners. Seems the other two had a disliking to Mexican food. Which provided a perfectly opportune moment to speak with her privately.

Casually you stroll towards the small makeshift dining area. Which turned into a stride as you feel confidence welling within your heart. It was about to happen! The moment you've been waiting for. You just need to be brave! Stave off all those worries and be quick with it. "She'll say yes! She's going to say yes! I've got nothing to lose."

" 'Sup!" The greeting was followed by a loud crunching noise. Seems you got lost in your own thoughts of success that you came up quite close to Sonata, who didn't seem to mind. Which is why the "What's up?" question came about. The naive girl took a large bite from her lunch and tilted her head at you, munching down in a sort of clueless state. You would expect as much from someone who gets pushed around more often than not.

"H-hey Sonata!" Whatever you had felt moments ago was tearing at your stomach. Begging to be released as hesitation took its place.

"Hi! Want a taco?" She offered, though instead of offering the other five wrapped tacos on her table she pointed towards the truck. Clueless indeed she was. And just how many tacos could a girl eat?!

"I'm fine! Really I am!" Hesitation. You wanted to slap yourself for even trying to stall. Luckily, Sonata didn't question it. She merely bit down on more food and brought her curious expression to the opposite side in another tilting motion. "Hey listen! I came over to ask you something?" Your tone of voice shifts as you seem to curl your arms into your chest. Hiding from the fact that this one request could lead to Sonata being used yet again, which wouldn't feel like a genuine relationship, or straight up denial. Both answers scared you, but you hope for the best, swallow back your fears, and took a deep inhale.

"Yeah, the tacos are great! I eat a dozen every Tuesday and Thursday!" Sonata responded before you could properly exhale. Wait? She already ate 6 tacos?! An eventual shake of your head had to snap the thought process away.

"No no! It's a different question, I know the food is good."

"Yes. Her name really IS Spicy! I didn't believe it myself and had thought the truck name was a coincidence, but it was all planned see?! Chile and Chile, Spicy owns Spicy Chile's! Haaah! Who knew?" Maybe everyone Sonata? You can't help but draw a pair of fingers to your nose and smile at her silly way of thinking. At least she understood it now. Her light-hearted nature helped to ease the tension as the conversation took place. Nerves were turning to impatience as the guessing game seemed to continue.

"No you see, I have something else to ask you. I want to-"

"They're real." Was the truck running towards your way somehow? Because right now you're sure there were some headlights and something had just hit you head on. It was almost enough to make you forget to breath leaving you without air in your lungs.

"Uh...what was that?" You swallow hard thinking of what she meant in this little game of hers. Thoughts racing in your mind as hormones raged about clashing with your sense of decency.

"They. Are. Real." Sonata gave a twinkle of fluttering narrowed eyes. Clearly smug about something on her person. Her arm came up, redirecting your eyes to something else entirely thinking about how they would hold up a display of something outright kept behind layers of fabric. Soft and supple were the ideas in your mind as fingers curled into one another. Was she really going to show you? Yet, to your dismay, they flew further up, away from where your eyes had darted to. Brushing her bang aside and showing off a ruby earring she was wearing. "Got them as a gift. Outrageous right?"

"Sonata, listen to me!" This was getting tiring now. Not only did frustration start to boil over, but the emotional stirring pot had also already been filled to the brim withheld up emotions and doubts. In no surprise, Sonata was listening quietly. Once again staring at you with that cat-like curiosity and ready to act on command with childlike whimsy.

"Go out with me!" The question flew out sharply as if you had been holding onto your breath for the entire time. You were holding her arms as you growled out in desperation. Bracing for the inevitable crash and burn moment with your eyes closed.

"Oh!....Okay." she responded back. Unable to look at you as her eyes darted to the side. A shade of pink forming along her cheeks as her head motioned downward, but there was something else among all that willingness. A genuine smile forming. It was small and humble. Curling into a cute grin and then unveiling teeth as she gave a faint giggle.

"I-...yeah! No one's ever seen me that way before." Sonata brought her hands up to her ponytail. Bringing her fingers to pinch and brush the long strands, as she sat there with a goofy smile. It made you realize that she never really had much time center stage. Being in the spotlight and main focus of attention, unlike some other individuals. This confession of yours brought out a shy cute side of her. Leaving her composure to shatter as she finally saw you. The person before her confessing their attraction.

After a couple of glances and her own deep breath to collect her thoughts, Sonata finally met your eyes, daring to look at her potential date. Just when she was ready to say something more, her gaze shifted quickly. Looking to her side and then back at you in growing shock.

"Get down!" Sonata shouted. Pulling you to the grass beside her behind the picnic table set up she was eating on. "They'll see you!" Sonata warned peeking over the tabletop now. Checking for prying witnesses. Her breathing became deep filled with dread of some kind.

"What's wrong?" You ask rubbing your head from behind, shaken up all too quickly. Sonata could only look at you with concern. Pointing out her bandmates from under the table. Two scornful faces of no one other than Adagio Dazzle, herself, and the twin tails of Aria Blaze, Sonata's fellow cohort.

"If they spot you, they'll get mad and I might not ever become lead singer! Ever!" Sonata spoke with terrified concern. Spouting off things that barely made sense to you. To her though, it meant the world. It was all she knew and lived for. She owed those two so much more then she let on.

"I'm sure it'll be fine, Sonata. It's not like I can't defend myself." You huff out in an act of defense. Knowing how those two would belittle you, you were prepared for it. Before you could even finish your advice to her, the blue beauty stuffed a taco into your midsection in a rushed flurry of arms undoing wrappers.

"Quick! Help me finish these!" Seems Sonata was on some sort of time schedule? "They'll notice if I take too long!" Sonata proceeded to unwrap one taco and munch it down entirely in three whole bites. Scarfing it up wildly. Did she really need your help? A couple unwrapped portions later, Sonata wiped her face and stood up. Whispering to you, as if her partners were listening in on you both.

"Wanna meet here, next Taco-day?" They didn't notice and Sonata was able to breath steady once more. You draw your attention away from the food given to you.

"Taco-day?" The question made as little sense, as with much of her lingo and ideas.

"This Thursday, silly! But if it was closer to Tuesday then it would be Tuesday! Taco-day? See?" There it was again the silly girl whom you fell for who was once again smiling and ran off. Not without pressing a hand to your shoulder and letting her fingers linger just a bit longer they should of.

"Thursday it is." You watch her getting up off the ground and then gracefully prancing off like an animal of the forest.

"It's a date!" She added turning about for a brief second. Showing that sparkling smile and whimsical flair that came all too natural to her. A slow turn of her shuffling self, twirling her skirt and hair with a brighter smile than before. Her boots hit grass and dirt, running back to her own group.

Your heart flutters about, as your stomach flips within yourself. A new slew of emotions erupted and gently settled in the confines of your core. You look to your hands, one was shaking and the other had the half-eaten taco that Sonata gave you. Off in the distance, a bossy Adagio was giving, your, girl a mouthful.

"It's about time, Sonata! It's bad enough you stuff your face full of trash that we-!" The words started to drum off into space as you came to the realization of what just happened. It was all so quick and went so well, that you physically had to jolt your senses with a pinch to your cheek. Just to see if you were awake for this to be all real.

Yup! The stinging sensation confirmed it. It was real alright! You just earned yourself a date with thee Sonata Dusk of the Dazzlings.


"Yeah! So Spicy Chile asked for me to help around her parents' place to work off my tab! See? She totally knows that we, are awesome and was like 'Hey Sonata come work at my place! That would be so cool!' So I was like all 'Sure thing!' And then she was like 'Cool!' And I said 'Cool!' And now everything is cool! See? Super duper cool!" Sonata gave a nervous wide grin as her hands retreated behind her back. Careful not to let a hint of a flustered twitch give her real motive away so easily. Hiding it all behind a big exaggerated toothy smile.

Adagio stood there hips swayed to one side with her arms crossed. Slowly one eyebrow rose into the air, as the ever-scowling beauty finally replied after waiting for Sonata to finish her over-the-top explanation.

"What stupid idea is floating in your head?" She said bluntly not once buying into the fact, that Sonata, had made such a charitable promise to a common food peddling street merchant.

"Does it matter?" Aria added, with an impressively low level of enthusiasm. "It's Sonata." Which only brought more insult to the comment provided.

"I suppose, it doesn't." Adagio gave a sigh and turned away from Sonata. "Have fun washing dishes, for all I care." Adagio and Aria departed acting as if Sonata had never been with them at all. In a shocking responsive display, Sonata waved goodbye, remaining loyal to her friends till the end. Once they were out of sight she jumped for joy and bolted off towards the same place you had confessed to her.

Conveniently, you had been sitting there awaiting her arrival. It could be that Sonata had trouble tying the idea that, she would be gone longer than usual to the rest of her group. Which in turn made her late, compared to the usual time she came to visit the food truck for lunch.

"Whew!" Your date arrived with an unusual fluster lighting her face. That silly smile and faint blush adorning her expression as she brushed her tight glimmering short skirt. Her usual accessories of spikes and bands were replaced with much simpler and shiny trinkets. Where her wristbands use to be, were thin black metal bracelets. Her boots were changed out for sneakers and stockings of a maroon shade. Her top was a matching dark red where the straps to her shoulders fell along her arms in simple drapes. She looked gorgeous! "Had to let the girls know everything's fine and all."

"Do they even know you're on a date?" The words flew quickly from your lips. Concerned about how Sonata might feel pressured into fleeing your side at a moment's notice in favor of the world she only knew. Sonata only replied with her smile, shrugging the thought away with a sway of her left knee into her right, and then letting her hand flick the air before her. Blowing some air into the open confirming it was taken care of, or at least for now.

"Alright. Come on!" You warn her before taking her dainty hand and running off ahead, taking her in tow. To no surprise, she did her best to follow, eventually keeping pace. Any place was better than here and you had plans to give her the best time of her life.

The plan was simple and made sense when you thought about it. Sonata had always been told to do exactly as instructed by others. She would follow without question and did as she was told. For today, she was going to be the one to decide. No set schedule, no orders, and no requests. Just Sonata and you at the one place where she could be anything she wanted to be.

"Heh-heeey! Where are we going?!" The pretty Dazzling inquired. Sparkling with the joy of being accompanied by someone who actually wanted her near. She was already having fun and lit up at the unexpected turn of events. You could only mention one answer as the school and the truck stop area faded out of sight.

"The County Fair."


The sun rose high into the sky. Blaring its radiant beams over a noisy and crowd filled pier. Mechanical machines roared and whizzed in place. With various whistling and blaring lights. Hundreds of patrons burst out in laughter and joy, participating in the festivities that was the event of their town. Better known as the County Fair.

Sonata held your arm as the two of you approached the parking lot right in front of the massive iron display gate to the lively bustling decorated pier. She squeezed with both arms and gestured with her hand again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name again?" The question was puzzling to you. How did she not know you by now? "You're from that one place, at school! Oh ooh! In that one class right?!"

"My name's Self Insert. Guess we've never been properly introduced." Her minimal attention span was shocking. It would have been a straight slap to the face had you known who you were dating ahead of time. She always so energetic and lost in her own thoughts. Much to that like an innocent child, which only ever really added to the allure.

"Ooo! The quiet one?" It was no surprise you were off of her radar. You did often keep to yourself while at school. Then she was flaunting about doing shows causing a little trouble here and there. An accessory to Adagio's bullying behavior.

"More than I'd like to admit." A finger reaches up tending to your facial features. Feeling somewhat worried. If this was first impressions how might the date go? The thought held on for but a second as a gentleman stood before you who was tending to the entrance.

"Ten dollar admissions. All proceeds go to your local community!" The greeter who tended the entrance extended his arms as his fuzzy mustache wiggled with each word spoken. Easily enough you pull out your wallet and pay the man. Making your way through the gate laying your hand across Sonata's while she kept hold of your limb.

"What should we do first?" A grumble was the first thing to answer. Not specifically your own, but that of the girl next to you. Sonata's grip loosens as she stared at her belly. Giving her own nervous expression as she seemed to scrunch a little begging for her stomach to remain quiet. Yet her gaze was silently asking you permission if the both of you could catch lunch first. "Alright. Looks like we're getting something to eat."

Sonata gave a surprised gasp and clung to your neck. Imitating a child in her excitement. "Think they got tacos here!?" She spoke out suddenly, her eyes scanning for any sort of stand and her nose sniffing the air for the familiar scent.

"They miiight, but they got a whole selection to choose from." One by one you both skim through the various stands. Letting Sonata eye the confections of junk food and carnival concoctions. From hot dogs to candy corn. From funnel cake to sandwiches. The savory morsels and the sweetest treats. Each one she wanted to taste and her hunger seemed endless. Before you knew it you were already stuffed by the third stop and by the seventh, your arms were littered with a variety of edible delights.

In the end, Sonata reverted to her usual favorite. A shell in hand stuffed with everything. A supreme taco filled with "the works" as Sonata called it.

"Mmm! Yum!" The happy schoolgirl blurted out in bliss at the last bite. "Everything is sooo good! I wish Adagio and Aria could have joined us." She hummed into her next bite. While a comforting expression laid across her face, the reason behind her words made your heart drop a little.

Her friends? Did she forget this was a date? A one on one time to express personal feelings? Your insides twist as a melody rang from the trashcan that you dump all the leftovers into. Soon finding yourself leaning over a railing. Looking over the calm waves of the ocean. Trying to convince your brain that she was having fun. She didn't mean it that way.

"Aren't you having fun?" The words came out cold. Jealous that out of all people, Adagio and Aria were still closer to Sonata's heart than you were. That bitterness was met with a warm cheek resting along your shoulder.

"A lot of fun. I said something that upsets you huh?" You gently peek to your side to where your chin rolls a top of her head. She sighs out and nuzzles against the little pocket she's been caught in. "I don't see it all the time, but I start to notice it....eventually. I'm sorry." You both let the moment last for as long as it should. The innocent petting forcing both your eyes and hers shut. Making your hearts beat even harder. It was electrical. Every subtle touch and feel. The clinginess of her hair upon your skin. There was no doubt she did feel it too.

This was her apology, and it was as sweet as you'd expect from the girl of your dreams. You wrap your arm around her head and swiftly jerk her into half of a headlock. Careful not to hurt her, yet refusing to let go. All in an effort to break the moment that was best saved for another time when both of you were properly prepared for it.

"He-hey!" She giggled back playfully.

"Come on! Let's go play some games!" You offer the idea in a spontaneous manner. Transitioning your arm down, adding a quick tickle to Sonata's side. To which she bent and squirmed laughing even more.

"Okay okay!-haaaa haha ha! Anything but this!" You let her loose and run away heading towards the games section, daring her to follow after you. Sonata gave a bite of her lip and zoomed off after you. You were just two individuals running through. Nothing else mattered and it felt like everyone else were wisps in the wind. Though you two were separated by yards, you could feel her touching your heart just the same, as if you never let her go in the first place to speed off deeper into the festivities. The world melted away leaving just two people left.

Her laughter whistled behind you as you caught sight of several of the game stands. Your feet come to a halt and Sonata bumps into your lightly. Returning the favor grabbing your sides from behind.

"Gggrrr! Gotcha!" She squealed out as fingertips danced along sensitive nerve endings. Making you stand up from one leg as your knee and arms curl inward succumbing to the giggles that burst from your lips. Sonata savored her revenge assault for a couple of seconds. Her tickles soon came to a stop themselves, then she let her hands roll along your front in a back hug. Clinging to your shoulder in a warm sigh. She wanted to hold onto you for a bit longer.

"What game do you want to play?"

"Mmm? . . . What games?" Sonata was in a dreamy state, completely lost in touch and thought. Popping a leg into the air nuzzling your backside with her cheek. "Oh! Games! Right" Her eyes popped open as she realized where you two were at. In the middle of the game section in the County Fair. She was trying so hard not to be selfish eventually reverting back to a servant's mentality.

She gave you some room and looked around skimming through all the foot traffic. A finger hovered over her curious stare as eyes squinted over the choices before her. Food came easy to Sonata, but now she actually had to think about leading an activity.

"What's that?" She answered faithfully moving towards a line of elevated ailes. Just several yards from the foot of the machine was an array of unlit lights and sorted holes with points right by each one. A row of Skee-ball aecade games.

"Yeah, let's play some Skee-ball." You fish for your wallet again and pull out a couple of single dollar bills.

"What is Skee-ball?" Sonata leaned over the side staring at the locking mechanism that held a line of plastic balls ready to drop and allow play once paid to do so.

"You've never played Skee-ball?" You slip a dollar in and watch it sink into the slot. The balls that lay in waiting dropped and Sonata lifted one up her brow scrunching in curiosity. "See you take the ball and you score by getting them into the holes there. You get n-" In the middle of your explanation, the same ball flew with a swift swing of a blue arm. The initial shock left you silent as you watched the heavy piece arch, then bounce, and ricochet way pass behind you both. A pair of heads turn about just in time to see a splatter of red on a grown man screaming in horrendous pain as he was struck.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Not good!" Your face drops at the gruesome scene. The man who was hit fell to his knees crying out in agony once more. Your date seemed to flee behind your back once more getting smaller as she squirmed in fear. It was pointless to hide but she found comfort in clinging to you for safety.

"WWWWWWHHHHHYYYYY!!!!???"

"Are you alright?" Someone had to speak out and with Sonata trying to hide it left you as the last one to address the issue.

"NOOOOO!" He replied back in a terrified state. The man's shirt was stained with red. In fact, it was all over his face his pants and on his sleeves. He took a heavy hit. His face struck with horror you've never seen before. "MY HOTDOG!!!"

Confusion hit you flat against your face. Finally noticing the paper box that housed what seemed to be a hotdog drenched in nothing but ketchup. Still, the overdramatic male screamed even further. "It was so YOUUUUNNNG!!!!" You feel your lips curling in an odd shape cringing at the hotdog enthusiast. Watching him stand back up holding his eyes running away, probably to get another one to replace his drowned snack.

"I'm sorry!" Sonata pulled on your shirt and seemed to be on the verge of crying. "I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I won't do it again! Please don't be mad at me!" You could hear her sniffle. For a girl who was used to being the bully, she didn't seem all that cruel. Then it hit you. She wasn't sorry for hurting someone else but was acting out in accordance with your reaction. Your feelings. She didn't want to upset you from what she did. You turn slowly and bring her arms down to her sides, looking into her face. A collection of sparkling liquid formed along the corner of her eye. In your own reaction, you lift your hand and wipe it away delicately.

"I'm not mad at you, Sonata. Mistakes happen." It was the honest truth. She gave one last sniffle and smiled. Relieved to see that you weren't angry. She took your hand and held it along her face for a bit. That same familiar embrace that she seemed to savor as much as she could. "Feel better?"

"Yes, can you show me how to play?" Sonata turned about now positioned in front of the arcade game. In an effort to comfort her mind, you take her hand and place another of the balls into her palm. Holding both her hand and ball in one firm grip.

"Here watch me." You swing your arm from underneath. Over her side and imitate where she should release her grip. "You roll it. Let go here and let it go up to the ramp." You pull your hold back again and get even closer. Her body was loose as if she completely trusted you. The thought crossed your mind how easy it would be to take advantage of the situation. You even knew she might even let you, but you remain respectful to the moment at hand. You throw her arm forward and she let go as instructed. The brown ball rolled with much less excitement of a typical player. It jumped along with the rubber-like lane and hit the ramp angle. Flying to the set of holes. Rolling harmlessly into the five-point slot.

"Aww!" Sonata said in disappointment as five points were the lowest scoring hole present. She beamed and bit her lip. Taking up another ball then she paused. Looking over her shoulder at you as you instinctively backed up to give her room to play herself. "Can I try it myself?"

It was great to see her glow again. You respond with a simple nod of your head. Sonata turned her attention back at the foreboding arcade game. Swinging her arms to her front and declared. "Watch me score higher than five!"

Off her arm went and off the ball rolled. Five points. She huffed out in annoyance and lifted the next ball, ready for the next set. It took several tries later, but she ended up scoring tens and twenty-fives. To which she seemed overjoyed with how she was improving on her skee-ball skills. She gave a smug grin and propped herself up happy that she could keep her word. Next was your turn and with your more experienced, although minimal, skee-ball knowledge you had her beat. More money was spent on the machine. Giving Sonata another chance as she yelled "Rematch!" at the end of the first game. You held back and let her win the next set. She could barely tell the difference in your lack of effort as she played better than the last match. Pulling her attention to how her performance was "impressing you" somehow. You pull the line of tickets earned and Sonata took the hint of being ready to leave by holding onto your arm.

You decided the next set of games should involve less bouncing balls and something more for Sonata to focus on. She explained that this was her first time ever being invited to such an event. She never got out much in public, due to her association and something you could only refer to as a busy schedule. It was a surprising fact that she was even less social than you in many aspects of her life. Because she lacked the experience each and every game played was her first time playing. You gazed at her as she played Duck Pond, a game where you had to match rubber ducks floating in a kiddie pool with the number marked underneath them. Several rounds later you both go over to the classic Ring Toss game and take shots at ringing bottlenecks with small plastic rings. It left Sonata winning a large teddy bear with a lucky set of tosses. To which she pushed into your chest and giggled. Offering it up as a gift. A delightful gesture to which made you blush. It wasn't normal for the person who initiated the date to be the one given the teddy bear. Not that Sonata seemed to understand as she manipulated the bear limbs to pet your face. Whispering in a high tone "Wuv me, Insert! Pwease wuv meh!"

The next one was a troubling one. It wasn't a game per se but a gimmick. One that every carnival had to collect money from unsuspecting consumers. A Fortune telling stand that had a flashy covered lady tending to the booth.

"Come cooomeee! Let me see into your future! Madam Divinia never disappoints!" She gave an eerie cackle waving her fingers as Sonata. Beckoning her to come closer. To which she did despite you wanting to avoid the obvious lackluster sideshow trick. Leaving your side mesmerized by the promises offered.

"Magic?" Sonata seemed hypnotized by the idea. Passing the large bear she had won to your side in a strange manner. It was a desire you've never seen before from her. She seemed possessed to move closer and thus took her seat in front of the fortune teller.

"That's right my dear! That'll be five dollars. Each." You scowl and draw the money out and place it into the trickster's long polished hand. "Excellent! The pact has been fulfilled so I will now tell you your fortunes."

You could do little to hold back the roll of your eyes. Seating yourself next to Sonata who was lost in bewilderment. Madam Divinia waved her creepy hands over her glass orb and groaning in dramatic flair as she put on a predictable show. Wasting more and more time with her low tones just to raise the suspense. Unlike you, Sonata was on the edge of her seat. Watching with glee and quivering lips. She watched with a curiosity that matched her hunger.

"Yeeeesss! Yeeees! Yes! I see it! I see your 'fortune'!" How much longer was this going to go on? It was getting more and more painful by the moment. "For you my Dear! Your future is filled with much strife, but the bond of your friends will harbor safety and house a home that you can rely on. Truuust in that for it will become one of your greatest and last strengths." The Madam addressed Sonata and that left you worried. It wasn't exactly a cheesy happy ending like most fortunes. It even seemed to warn her with caution. What was it that she would lose? Then her head snapped towards you. "For you, the nonbeliever. Your future says that your love life has only just begun. You doubt the destinies that control your life, but living as you are now will only yield more fruit. Now then for my final fortune." The Madam shot up from her seat and took both your arm and Sonata's. "You both!" Madam Divinia gently folded both your hands together and smiled ever wider. "The future tells me there are powerful forces that will interfere here. With you both. Keep in mind, that love is a connection that is not easily broken by what is perceived, but it is driven by what is felt."

You were the first to draw your hand back as the creepy lady was still holding onto it. What did she know about them? This was their first date, who's to say that all of this wonderful time together would end up in a bad ending? It was none of her business. You stood up and wanted to call her "crazy" or a "kook" of a trickster. A horrible lady who spent all day and night scaring people and lying to them just for money. Sonata stood up reading your expression and bowed her head at the fortune teller.

"Thank you for the fortune." Sonata said giving a sincere smile. You pull her away and decided to go play more games to take these bad thoughts away. Leaving that horrible forturne telling booth behind. "That was amazing! How do you think it works?"

"Smoke and mirrors." Sonata stared at you quizzically.

"There were mirrors? I guess the glass ball would do that, but what about the smoke?"

"Don't think about it much Sonata." You both arrive at the closest game nearby which happened to be a highly designed High Striker. A tall simple machine that utilized a mallet to toss a metallic piece on a rail towards a bell way above your heads. This one, in particular, seemed to have been designed with a slew of lightbulbs and the bottom was a puffy-haired clown character with its arms held out. His hands held out seem to be the impact area to test a player's strength. "Ever played the strongman game?" You were in luck, it was another game to which you could teach Sonata. An excuse to just touch her again and be close to her body.

"Oh wow! It's big! No, I haven't." She said in wonder. Money was once again flying out your wallet and you handed them to the silent carnival lackey who was manning the puffy mallet. Who in turn held up the mallet with ease towards you to finish the exchange.

"Here watch me." High Striker. The perfect game to let out some stress after a bad, yet fake, omen. You raise the mallet up above your head and slam it down into the exposed hands. Bringing the arms to bend down a bit as the clown's hat flew from its head and slid up along the giant ruler like display. Lights followed in the hat's trail and stayed lit til the hat came back onto the clown's head. "See it's all about technique!"

"You call that strong?!" You whipped your head back and saw the clown's eyes and smile light up as a recorded message explained your score. Still, Sonata clapped her hands and encouraged you further easily entertained by the show.

"Try it again." She said in support. To which you did happily. No more playing games. You swung the hammer underneath your arm and then in a powerful arc over your head. Hitting the clown's hands yet again with all the fury you could muster. The hat flew, lights lit up, and the message that followed rewarded you with a better score.

"Okay, not bad kid." The machine spoke out and then went dim. Awaiting the next player to try their strength next.

"Much better! Here you give it a try." It was a simple game and you were sure by showing Sonata the hammer wouldn't harm any innocent foods that she could go wild with it and have fun. Sonata seemed to have issues carrying the large and slightly heavy mallet. You offered to help her swing it. Bringing yourself close once again. Bringing out a wide smile and a faint giggle from her lips. You show her a good grip by directing her hands along with the handle and squeezing each one to make a good hold. "Hold tight." You swing it up and let it fall. Allowing Sonata to use her own strength as best as she could. The hat flew, lights lit up, and the clown responded.

"Aww! Too bad. Try again." She got a low score and it was understandable as you were helping her at the time. Sonata let out a heavy huff and actually pushed you away for so that she had full control.

"Okay. Let me try now." Sonata swung, the hat flew, lights flickered, and the clown gave his response.

"No dice kid!" Sonata grumbled and barely left the machine time to reset. Swinging quickly with vigor.
"How boring!" Another low score. She swung again.
"You even trying?!" Low score. Sonata growled as anger began to flow through her arms. Swinging the hammer with a lot more ease.
"Pushover!" Frustration overtook Sonata as she watched that hat settle, the lights dim, and her arm was quick to inflict another blow. Another Low score.
"You lose!" Panic hit you facefirst as Sonata was red in the face with boiling blood to her cheeks. Still, she swung in her frustration. Trying to show up the taunting machine. It was her highest swing yet filled with everything she had.

"Weakling." That did it. Sonata stopped in her tracks as her face dropped then sharply furrowed into that of pure rage. The hammer now being held like a weapon more than a carnival tool.

"SHUT UP!" Sonata screeched and swung the hammer. This time the arc was sideways and slammed into the head of the clown's face. Smashing the machine with a heavy dent. The hammer sunk into the hollow shape and Sonata backed away panting and staring at the damage she committed.

"Hey!" The carnival lackey who was barely paying attention heard the metallic crashing and finally said something. "What are you doing!?"

"Run!" You snatch Sonata's hand and run away. Tugging her along not once looking behind you so long as you knew your hold was still around her wrist. Your other hand gripping the bear won just moments ago. Again things began to wrap out of view pass you both. It was how you started and how it was going to end. You had to dip into several stands and weave through different lanes of the fair. You could hear the commotion behind you as several people shouted out in rage. There was no doubt some of them just were angry at how close they were to being crashed into while a gathering group of the fair's employees was after you. "Move. Just keep moving!" Everything was fine! It was all fine! At least that's what kept running through your head so long as you just keep moving.


"Lousy kids!" An anonymous voice called out. Your hand still clung to the girl behind you. A quick peek shown Sonata trotting about as best as she could and several figures that had stopped right by the game shaking their fists in the air and shouting more insults and jeers. Fighting over a heavy beating heart and a quickly inflating/deflating chest you make your way past a corner leaving the fair entrance out of sight. You peek out from the hidden spot just to ensure that no one was following. You turn back to Sonata after confirming your safety and finally to check on your date.

"Sonata?" She wasn't fine. She was tearing harder than before with faint hiccups of distress. "Oh, honey! Here let's sit down. It wasn't your fault that the game was rigged! I-I'm sure of it!" You take her by the shoulders in a light grasp and move her towards a nearby bus bench. Handing over the bear for her to hold onto in a light hug. Easing her down into the wooden surface as she hid her face under her hands, trying to wipe her sadness away. You take the space beside her and occupy her shoulder. Giving her room to breath, yet subtle rubs against her shoulder were there to let her know she wasn't alone. "Everything's gonna be alright-"

"I don't want to leave you!" She snapped quickly announcing what was concerning her. Raising her voice to show her own emotions. To which she had in reserve this entire time. "I-I saw Adagio and Aria and then...I-I-I couldn't take it anymore."

"Sonata what do you mean? It's not like they're going to take me from you." Sonata began to ease up with her heavy crying and hugged your midsection. Digging her cheek into your shoulder side careful not to stain your clothing with her own leaking eyes. "I would fight for you if they ever try to do that."

Sonata did something you ever expected. Her hand rose up and turned your chin to her direction. Taking the lead even if it was just one time. Her pooling eyes shimmered in the night sky. Sonata's expression was still asking if every little move she made was alright but inched by determination, her lips parted and she dove in. A pair of open lips touched pressed against one another. Shifting into a tender kiss that lingered for several seconds. The world grew silent as that simple spark under the streetlamps couldn't compare to the roaring flames that this kiss had ignited. "I know... I know you will."

Sonata had silenced every thought, word, and even froze you in place with such a move. Like a cat, she slid further down the bench and eased her troubled head along your lap. Closing her eyes as she settled in. Throughout all the panic you had lost track of time. It was nighttime already. You didn't know when the sunset happened. You had plans to watch it together with her if it was possible, maybe even find a bench like this and spend the last few moments of the date just holding one another staring off into nothingness. Finally throughout all the silence Sonata spoke out.

"I can't stay with you." Now anger filled your head. You wanted to complain and reply harshly. All of this, for this sort of reply in the end?! Still, she continued with her explanation. "They will take me away. Take me home. And you-Sniff!- can't follow us."

"I don't understand, Sonata! I love you! Why can't I go with you?" She winced in fear thinking you might strike her from how she explained herself. Yet you let out an exhale and proceed to pet the side of her face.

"Because you have a life here and I don't want to-"

"SONATA DUSK!" Sonata leaned up upon hearing the voice of her other half. Adagio walked up appearing through the faint lights on the streets with Aria in tow. Adagio wasn't happy and Aria seemed to be glowing at the moment knowing what was about to happen.

"Adagio!" Sonata replied in coherence obeying. Like she always did with those two.

"To think you'd be wasting your time with a silly boy!" Her words stung as she held nothing back. Letting her disdain be known for you and this date.

"Knew you'd be here downtown doing something stupid!" Aria held out her tongue accompanying Adagio. A yellow arm gripped Sonata's wrist taking her out of your reach. You were about to fly up when Sonata stuffed the stuffed animal into your arms. Giving you a worried expression shaking her head silently telling you to hang tough. A plain "No, don't do it." She was pleading that you didn't do anything. Even then you held every instinct to swing every sort of blow to the curly blonde and the smug minion beside her. It can't end like this. Then she spoke up. Words hit like lightning as she ended it with the hardest thing that she could have done to you.

"You can't follow us. I won't let you." Sonata's eyes began to flood and her face scrunched over to uncontrolled sadness. Those words were difficult to speak just as much as they were to swallow and accept. She faded into the darkness of the night as Adagio and Aria continued belittling her. Calling her selfish and mindless. That this date meant nothing. You wanted to run after her. Grab her again and run from any and all opposition. Maybe find a way back into your room? Then what? What would you do next? While she would be held hostage by a selfish desire? What would happen next? You heard her she even said not to do anything. She asked you demanded you to hold back. Even though everything told you she wanted something more. Just what weren't you getting at this point?

You sat there alone. Holding that prize in your arms. The remaining souvenir thinking and thinking. What to do next. How were you going to see her again? Her actions replayed in your head over and over and over again. Every question answered with how she cried right before you and allowed herself to be taken away. Telling you not to follow. That you somehow couldn't? Then this bear reminded you of the good moments you spent together. Almost puking at the amount of food you had to share and all the games you played while watching her cheer you on. Your heart yearned for her and yet you still felt a pang of pain. Tinge within your core trying to hold it in for her sake. Anchored by her words and what was one of the few things that she ever wanted from you. You could finally feel your feet snap out from the daze of being commanded to stay put. Sonata didn't ask much and you felt obligated to do as she wanted. For some weird reason. That was always the case "some weird reason". Even now that felt inadequate to keep you content away from her. Life moves on either way. You stuff the bear under your arm and trudge back home feeling defeated when you should have won everything.


The days past by with a white blur. Phasing through in what seemed to be endless thought, yet there was no substance to them. You went about your business doing every daily routine. Waking up going to school, eating, returning home, and then bed again. Before you knew it it was Tuesday. Taco-Tuesday.

For what was the longest dream that held you captive you ran out into the halls. Passing by tile and student. Lockers and signs. All of them held little matter. You had to see her. Out the glass door entrance and down the stone steps with a single leap. Across the grass and over the parking lot to get to the truck.

"Please be there! Please be there! Please, Sonata!" You whispered under your panting breath. Driven by a simple task. with teddy bear in hand you sought to return it to the proper owner. "Sonata?!" You turn around from the end of the food truck. To which Mrs. Chile seemed surprised as you came out of nowhere.

"Um... hungry?" She asked. You ignored her and scanned the dining area. It was empty. Her usual time her usual lunch routine. She really was trying to avoid you. Did her crying mean nothing? Did that date so many days ago never took place? It was meaningless, wasn't it? Surrendering to the obvious reply you find your feet once more anchoring you down into a wooden seat. You held your head in both hands. Falling into despair again then a sight of a pair familiar leggings pulled you back out of that pit. She was standing there across the way opposite to you from the parking lot. Just yards away!

"Sonata?!" Your head cranes up and sees your beautiful girl standing there. Sonata gave a nervous wave of her fingers and a wide grin. Happy to see you as you did her. You made an attempt to stand never once taking your eyes off of her, but Sonata shook her head. Her wave turning still signaling you to stop in your tracks and left you there standing in place.

As if on cue her chest heaved heavily with yours, in tune with one another as she fished out something from her jacket. She held out a roll of pink. Which didn't seem to make sense as first but staring at the slight print on each bit made you realize it was the reel of tickets you had won from Skeeball. It was folded neatly into a roll and Sonata held it in her hands as her own little memento. Her thumb played with the surface of a single ticket and then she looked back towards your direction. Her smile grew wide and soon teeth were revealed under a veil of smooth lips. Sonata glanced away and brushed a bang away. Having not said anything it was impossible but the same words crossed your head from the last time she did that gesture towards you. "No one's ever seen me that way before." In the same way you gave her a final wave back and held up the bear that she offered you. Showing your own admiration for the blue cutie.

"You done yet?" Aria stated from the shadows of the shade like cover Adagio and her sat in waiting. Seems those two were allowing the faint exchange to happen. Giving a sort of closure for a difficult time. "No. . . But I don't have a choice huh?" Sonata said back to her sisters. To which she knew the answer already and fell back into shadow just like that one dark night. The three girls made their way out, away from you. This time though you didn't feel so much as defeated as the other night. You felt a hint of a chance and that is what you chose to hold onto. It wasn't over, not by a long shot. Sonata felt it too. It was so clear now.

It was as the fortune teller said. Love is driven by what is felt and not so easily broken.

Author's Note:

Well this one was a personal project and really fun to write. Now what I need form the readers is who you would like to see next.

As far as this chapter goes, Sonata is personally my own waifu so I went a bit overboard with the whole emotional scheme, but it was a load of fun.

So leave a comment and vote for who you would like to see for the next chapter.

Comments ( 14 )

9576869
Noted. She was already a pick on the list. Sunset moves forward another step.

Does the coverart mean we'll have scenes with ponified EQG characters, such as Sonata here?

9576906
If the story comes to it. Would you like to see more pony on human?

9576917
Foalcon! For shame!

Actually you're the first to suggest that. Would you like her to be teenager. Perhaps have Self Insert the same age? Details please?

9576936
To be absolutely safe, 15 years old, with SI the same age.

9576938
Sounds nice. And just for you how about the two grow up as close friends. So maybe two dates?

9576934

Aye, I would appreciate seeing it, and also pony on pony if the situation arises. Mirror portal should affect even the protagonist if used in that manner.

Pinkie Pie. We need a nice fun date with everyone favorite party girl.

Can you make one about The Great And Powerful Trixie? pls

9576950
Excellent. Go for it!

9577429
You mean the "beautiful and alluring Trixie?"

Bask in the glory that is Trixie!

I've been working on my Trixie game.

My vote is for Sci-Twi :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment