• Published 20th Mar 2019
  • 437 Views, 3 Comments

Rocking the Runway - Brian Sheil



When a fashion show goes haywire, it’s up to the Mane 7 to save the day.

  • ...
 3
 437

A rocking fashion show

Rarity looks over a new dress she made. It was a blue dress with a yellow curved design in front. The skirt of this dress has deep blue lines with white diamond shapes. Her sister, Sweetie Belle, comes in to see the dress.

“Wow!” Sweetie Belle shouted. “That dress looks beautiful.”

“Thanks, Sweetie Belle.” Rarity said happily. “I think it looks good too.”

Just then, Rarity’s smartphone rings. She answers it and Sweetie Belle leaves the room.

“Whatever she’s talking about on the phone,” Sweetie Belle said to herself. “It’s none of my business.”

As Sweetie Belle relaxes in her bedroom, she heard Rarity yell with fear. She rushes downstairs to see what’s wrong.

“I heard you scream, sis.” Sweetie Belle said with concern. “What’s the matter?”

“Terrible news.” Rarity answered sadly. “There was going to be a fashion show in Canterlot City tomorrow night. But, some of the models aren’t available. The show might have to be cancelled all together.”

That shocked Sweetie Belle for sure. “That’s terrible.”

“I know, sis. I wish there was something I can do.”

That’s when Sweetie Belle has an idea. “Maybe Twilight, Pinkie, and the rest of the girls can help you.”

“Good thinking.” Rarity replied. “I’ll text them right now. This is definitely an emergency.”

The first one to arrive, of course, is Rainbow Dash, who saw Rarity tearing up.

“What’s wrong, Rarity?” Rainbow Dash asked. “Your text said this was urgent.”

“Believe me, Dashie.” Rarity replied. “It is.”

The rest of the girls arrived at Rarity’s house.

“We got here as soon as we could.” Twilight Sparkle said. “What’s wrong?”

Rarity gathered her bearings to tell her friends the shocking news. “You girls heard of the fashion show at Canterlot City.”

“Who hasn’t?” Fluttershy responded. “It’s the talk of the town.”

“Well, I’m afraid it’ll have to be cancelled.”

The girls were all surprised to hear the news. Even Applejack was shocked. “I’m not usually into fashion. But, this news is more depressing than a hen unable to lay eggs.”

“I’m with Applejack.” Sunset Shimmer agreed. “This IS bad news.”

“Is there anything we can do?” Twilight asked.

Rarity wondered about this for a minute. “I don’t know. Unless any of you can find models to help out.”

“Is that why the fashion show is in danger?” Pinkie asked. “No wonder you’re concerned.”

“I wish I was a model.” Rainbow protested.

“A model?” Sunset giggled. “You?”

“Why not, Sunset. I would rock this outfit.”

Rainbow walked over to the small runway in Rarity’s workshop. Her outfit consists of a rainbow style light jacket with deep blue sleeves, deep blue capri style jogger pants, and her trademark sneakers. Dash presents herself to her friends. “Yeah. I could rock the runway.”

Rarity saw Rainbow’s outfit, and was inspired. “Rainbow, you gave me an idea!”

“I did?” Rainbow blurted. “What?”

Rarity told everyone her idea. “Why don’t WE walk the runway at that fashion show?”

“Really?” Twilight wondered.

“Hey, that’s a good idea.” Sunset agreed. “There’s got to be something in this workshop we can dress up in.”

Rarity turned to the farmer girl. “Applejack, you red flannel shirt, blue jeans, and boots would be good for the runway.”

“I’m not sure.” Applejack said. “I’m not exactly the fancy type.”

“Hmm. I have an idea. Wait here.”

Rarity went into one of her storage closets. When she came out, she brought out a short sleeve yellow shirt with ruffles. “You can substitute that shirt for this.”

Applejack looked at the shirt, thinking about it. “Well, yellow goes well with blue as much as red. I’ll give it a try.”

Ducking behind a blind, Applejack changed shirts. When she comes out, she looks at herself in the mirror. “Somehow, I like this.” The farmer girl displays big smile. “This looks good.”

“In that case,” Rarity stated, “try this on too.”

The fashionista presents to Applejack what looks like a sleeveless brown trench coat. She puts it on, and looks at herself again.

“This looks fantastic!” Applejack hollered. “Great work, Rarity.”

“Thank you, darling.” Rarity praised.

Sunset Shimmer makes a suggestion. “I guess it’s okay if we all find something fashionable.”

“It is, Sunset. Girls, find what you like, then show it to me!”

The others go through the storage are to find some pretty good clothing. Sunset tries on an orange jacket, white ruffled shirt, a long red and yellow skirt , and a pair of red shoes. She presents her outfit. “How do you like it, Rarity?”

“It looks amazing, Sunset.” Rarity cheered. “You look grand in red, orange, and yellow. This outfit matches your hair.”

Sunset feels good about her look. “Thanks, Rarity.”

Fluttershy walks out wearing a long sky blue gown with white short sleeves. It has pink lines going down and she also has pink shoes on.

“That is so lovely, Fluttershy.” Rarity said, noticing the outfit.

“Aw,” Fluttershy cooed, “thank you.”

Speaking of pink, Pinkie Pie comes out next. She wore a deep pink military style jacket with yellow long sleeves. She also has on pink military style capri pants and pink boots.

“That is so adorable, Pinkie.” Rarity cheered. “You look like a proud pink soldier.”

Pinkie gives Rarity a kind salute. “Thank you, Commander Rarity, ma’am!”

Finally, Twilight Sparkle comes out. She wore a lavender top with neon pink long sleeves, and a long midnight blue skirt with white stars. She also has on navy blue shoes.

“Oh my.” Rarity said with amazement. “That looks so beautiful.”

Twilight looks at herself in the mirror. “You’re right, Rarity. It IS beautiful. But, it needs something.”

“I think I got an idea.” Sunset stated. “I’ll be right back.”

Sunset rushes back into the storage closet. Comes back out with a purple cape, and puts in on Twilight.

“Wow!” Twilight shouted. “That’s a nice touch. I look just like a fairy tale princess.”

Sunset snickered. “Your pony counterpart from Equestria would be jealous of you.”

“I think you’re right, Sunset.”

Rarity gets a thought. “Would any of you like to wear a cape too?”

Sunset, Applejack, Rainbow, and Pinkie shook their heads, saying ‘no’. Fluttershy spoke up. “I always wondered what’s it’s like to wear a cape.”

“Then, wait here.” Rarity suggested.

Rarity went into the closet and came out with a green cape with white lace on the bottom. She puts it on Fluttershy. The nature lover looks at herself and is impressed.

“Oh my.” Fluttershy said. “This is lovely.”

Rarity feels good. “Now, we can save the fashion show!”

“How’s about you, Rarity?” Applejack wondered. “Do you have an outfit to where?”

“I finished making a lovely blue dress when I got the call about the fashion show. I can wear it.”

“Well then,” Rainbow Dash announced, “tomorrow night, it’s showtime!”

The next night, the Canterlot Fashion Show, which took place at a wide park, people are waiting for a show to begin. Backstage, Rarity and her friends have their outfits on. They’re all ready to go on stage.

“Thank goodness it’s not going to rain tonight.” Twilight said with relief. “That would ruin everything.”

Just then, Sweetie Belle rushes in to give Rarity some news.

“What is it, Sweetie Belle?” Rarity asked.

“Host Sassy Saddles told me that the models have all apologized for being unavailable.” Sweetie Belle answered. “But, you guys can kick things off.”

“That’s wonderful. Then, you can do me a favor.”

Later, Sassy Saddles comes on stage to welcome the crowd.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.” Sassy announced. “Tonight’s fashion show was going to be cancelled.”

The audience moaned.

“But,” Sassy continued, “it’s been saved. To kick things off, here are those amazing girls, the Rainbooms. They’re not performing. But, they’re showing off some nice fashions.”

Sweetie Belle quietly went to the DJ booth where DJ Pon-3, also known as Vinyl Scratch, is ready to play the music.

“Do you have the song, ‘All We Are’ by Warlock?” Sweetie Belle whispered.

Vinyl nodded. She sets up the music on her tablet, connected it to her speakers, and the song plays out. The audience awaits the Rainbooms in their outfits.

First to appear is Twilight Sparkle in her fantasy outfit. The crowd applauded as Twilight grabs her cape and flips it.

“Lovely, Twilight Sparkle.” Sassy announces. “You’re as lovely as a fairy tale maiden.”

Twilight walks back to the backstage as Rainbow Dash comes out, displaying her athletic look. Sassy was impressed. “Looking good, Rainbow Dash. Keep in good shape for all of us.”

Nodding to Sassy Saddles, Rainbow heads back to the rear. Soon, Pinkie Pie walks out in her military garb. The crowd was surprised.

“Looking good, soldier.” Sassy announced. “Dismiss!”

Pinkie saluted her host, and walked off. Sunset Shimmer went on to the runway wearing her warm colors. She really pleased the audience.

“Wow, Sunset!” Sassy shouted. “That’s outfit matches your hair. I love it!”

Sunset smiled and walked back. Applejack comes out with her western look. The crowd is into the whole atmosphere.

“Looking good, pardner.” Sassy said. “Yee-Ha!”

Tipping her hat, Applejack went to the rear. Fluttershy walked quietly onto the sage. She waved gently to the crowd, and they clapped for joy.

“You look lovely, Fluttershy.” Sassy told her. “As beautiful as nature itself.”

Smiling at her host, Fluttershy went back. Finally, Rarity walked onto the stage in her outfit.

“Rarity, my friend.” Sassy announced. “You helped put this ensemble together. Anything to say to the people?”

Sassy hands the microphone to Rarity. And, the young fashion girl speaks to the crowd.

“Thank you for your applause.” Rarity announced. “And, thank you, Sassy, for letting me and my friends to start things off tonight.”

The crowd applauded Rarity’s speech as she heads back to her friends. Backstage, the girls were all amazed at their performance on the runway.

“I can’t believe we pulled it off.” Rarity figured. “Everyone gave us a wild ovation.”

“I’m surprised I went out there.” Fluttershy said shockingly.

Rainbow Dash put her hand on Fluttershy’s shoulder. “You were great out there, Flutters. You look lovely with that cape.”

Fluttershy blushed. Suddenly, Rarity’s friend, Photo Finish, came backstage.

“You girls were fantastic!” Photo Finish shouted. “I got good pictures of all of you.”

“You did?” Twilight asked. “I never noticed.”

“That’s what any of us like about Photo Finish.” Rarity informed. “She’s clever with her expertise.”

“You got that right.” Sunset added.

Photo then got an idea. “Since I took individual pictures of you girls, how about a group picture?”

“Wonderful idea.” Rarity agreed.

Soon the girls posed for the picture. Photo Finish got her camera ready. “Okay, Rainbooms. Watch the birdie.”

The girls smiled as Photo took the picture. Pinkie had one thought. “Dad, mom, and my sisters won’t believe this one.”


THE END

Author's Note:

The fashions in this story came from a video I did on YouTube. And, this is the video.

www.http:
Comments ( 3 )

9518890
Thank you. But, on what? The story or the video?

9518910
The story. I haven't watched the video. It was nice to see Sweetie Belle appear in an EqG story that isn't Anon-a-Miss.

Login or register to comment