• Published 7th Aug 2012
  • 1,638 Views, 287 Comments

Halo 2: Shadowed pasts and Ancient Runes - Pegasi will rule



The Spartan III's now live a peaceful life in Equestria. But peace never stays in war time.

Comments ( 8 )

Unleash the trolls. :rainbowlaugh:

3086523 If I put them all back up, then it wouldn't make a lick of sense. :derpytongue2: But, the updates are going to make the chapters so much longer. Chapter 3 is already 10,000+ words long, so that'll be a treat. :raritywink:

3767465 Well, the Master Chief, in the books, is described as being average for a Spartan. Average height, average strength and average speed. I'll try and make him more predominant in future chapters. :twilightsmile:

You are aware that most armor types designed by the UNSC don't have the expensive Gel-Layer? And I'm almost positive a Spartan III couldn't fully operate an Assault Gun-Carriage. Then, you imagine he'd be able to modify a standard plasma weapon to be used by a pony? It's like trying to develop an M16 able to be used by an horse, but an M16 would be a piece of tech much more understood. There's a reason any captured Covenant tech is studied and NOT reissued to soldiers. You'd need an eye-piece to be accurate with it.

So, Nathan is this generic, boring Spartan III, who somehow is able to even think about disobeying direct orders? A Spartan's purpose is his directive. His entire career, the UNSC, are all just abandon, for a fucking purple horse on a distant planet? I suppose that's probably the most convenient way to give him an actual reason to remain. Then, when the UNSC sent a force, it's actually just more Spartan IIl's? This is a very expensive piece of equipment, and if it were to fall into Covenant hands, would ensure the fall of man. I can imagine they'd send a more accomplished Spartan II with a highly trained squad of marines to offer support. With recon from orbit.

You've literally destroyed the cannon image of Spartans. They're cold, unable to feel emotions, and sole reason for existing is carrying out the mission and execute the objective in a timely manner with extreme precision. The interactions between each other also isn't under the standards of communication between two selfless, armed killing-machines.

A Sangheilian Minor is probably worth at least two marines, a Shipmaster being worth at least a entire platoon. Despite the image they have in the series, a Zealot outranks a General. In the movie The Mona lisa, it is said by Medical Officer John Smith that Covenant troops have developed an unnatural resistance to plasma and energy based weapons. So, I doubt they could be defeated by it by an outnumbered and hastily prepared force. Onto the ponies now.

These ponies aren't trained, nor experienced in any combat environment. While the Covenant forces are something completely bathed in war, and have long since developed tactics, skills, and weaponry that would undoubtedly demoralize any equine at the sight of it. The story, Friendship is Magic: The Covenant War, does well in simulating the effects and causalities on the ponie's side. Dozens upon dozens of losses with a crushing defeat in sight.

Most of your characters are generic and boring, while being painfully predictable. Overall, I award you a near-mediocre 4/10 Anothet point is added due to sizes of each chapter. 5/10. Would rather read pony smut.

5569002 I'm still waiting for your riposte.

When is this going to update?

Login or register to comment