• Published 3rd Dec 2018
  • 1,248 Views, 28 Comments

A Short Visit - Dorath



Twilight and Revan take their family through the Mirror for a brief vacation.

  • ...
6
 28
 1,248

Ch. 06; Goodbyes And Future Plans

Late the next afternoon, the Canterlot High girls gathered to see their Equestrian friends off, with Pinkie Pie spinning a giggling Mission through the air as the others said their farewells and exchanged hugs, “Uhm, maybe next time you could stay a little longer?” Fluttershy asked, twiddling her fingers, “We could visit the beach, or something, if that’s alright.”

“I think that would be great, Fluttershy,” Twi’ smiled at her shy friend, “Maybe we can see you girls perform?”

“That sounds like a capital idea, darling,” smiled Rarity, as Applejack clapped Revan on the shoulder.

“Ya know, we never did get around ta havin’ that spar.”

“What spar?” Rainbow asked, “Did you guys have a match? Without me?”

“No, we didn’t have a match without ya,” the farmgirl groaned, “We was jus’ goin’ ta have a friendly work out, but we never got around ta it, okay?”

“Actually, how about doing this again in August?” suggested Sunset, “We’ll be out of school, so it will be easier to have an extended visit, it’ll be plenty warm for hitting the beach, and there’s the All-State Open Martial Arts Tournament, which I know AJ and Rainbow are already planning to try out for.”

Twi’ and Revan exchanged glances and nodded, “Sounds like a plan,” the Jedi grinned, “But I’m afraid it’s that time.”

“Aww,” Pinkie pouted as she bounced over, Mission perched on her back, “Are you felling better about Starlight, Revan?” the party girl asked, her face momentarily serious.

“Maybe,” the older woman said uncertainly as she picked up her daughter, “I hope so, anyway. Time to say goodbye to your Aunts, Missi.”

“Okay, bye-bye Aunties!” the girl waved and then blew everyone a huge kiss with a loud mwa, “I wove you!”

“Thank you for everything!” Twilight called as the seven teens waved back and called their goodbyes, then the statue’s pedestal seemed to ripple, and the four Equestrians were gone.

Author's Note:

My thanks to everyone for reading. :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 7 )

9373314

As for the other time lines, while Starlight had no control over what people did after she created the time line, she did deliberately create time lines where mad gods or similar entities would be unopposed in the first place, and she did so with full knowledge of what she was doing, what the general results would be (i.e., no mane six to stop Nightmare Moon, Discord, Sombra or Tirek ... the Flim/Flam time line still confuses me, I'll admit) and did so with malicious intent.

She didn't deliberately create those timelines. All she wanted was to prevent Twilight and the others from becoming friends in order to get back at them for ruining things at her village. She had no clue what happened in those other timelines and had no idea that destroying their friendship would make things so much worse. As soon as she actually saw what she was actually causing Twilight was able to convince her to stop.

If it was truly intentional she wouldn't have cared what happened after she changed the past, she honestly didn't think that destroying their friendship would cause so much trouble because honestly, the idea that those 6 are so important is ridiculous (I mean come on Celestia really didn't have a plan B?).

As for the mind control and cutie mark swap, Starlight has very little confidence in her self the only thing she does have confidence in is in her magic so when she panics she tries to fix things with magic there is no malicious intent behind it. This doesn't make her evil because again the main 6 have pulled crap like that too. Remember Twilight once freaked out and mind controlled the entire town with the "want it need it" spell, Rainbow blew up the weather factory to try and stop Tank from hibernating, etc...

If the main 6 can get forgiveness for that without punishment then why not Starlight? Starlight caused no long-lasting damage and fixed whatever damage she did cause. The fact that she continues to feel guilty afterwards even though she's been forgiven should be punishment enough.

9373683 Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with you here ... Starlight spied on and researched the Mane 6 before making her "big play", there is no reasonable way that she did not know that the Mane 6 (and their bond with each other) was instrumental in defeating Nightmare Moon, Discord and Tirek. While she may have assumed Celestia had Plan Bs to defeat them anyway, she did not know and (from my viewpoint) she did not care. And she only cared about the results of her actions when Twilight dragged her back to their proper time and rubbed her face in it.

That being said, you believe Starlight deserves her forgiveness, while I don't ... can we agree to disagree?

9374988
Yeah sure. I just hate that people think Starlight doesn't deserve forgiveness while Sunset does. Sunset's redemption was far more rushed than Starlight's whose redemption took place over the course of an entire season instead of a single movie. Sure Sunset was a pariah among the students but she was instantly forgiven by the Humane 6, then by everyone else after the battle of the bands and then was pretty much perfect after that. Starlight by comparison spent an entire season doubting herself and having to learn to be a better person sure she made mistakes and even now she isn't perfect but she wouldn't be nearly as great a character if she was perfect just like Sunset is at her best when she stops being perfect and starts showing elements of who she used to be like in Forgotten Friendship.

The idea that Starlight doesn't deserve forgiveness because people think she hasn't suffered enough just honestly disgusts me.

9375385 I'm sorry if my issues with Starlight pushed any of your buttons. :fluttershysad:

I wish you happy(ier) future readings.

Login or register to comment