• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 443 Views, 8 Comments

Remembrance (The Audio Drama) - Nira Lightshine



What if Twilight has to face the Nightmare again? But without her friends?

  • ...
 8
 443

Heart of Stone Part 1

Once Cadance and Flurry Heart had walked into the room completely, Celestia came forward to hug Cadance, but she would back away from her, Celestia, keeping her emotions in check would say, "Thank you for coming such a long way you two. It's always so wonderful to see…some familiar faces."

Cadance though would give a sigh as she turned away from them, her annoyance prevalent in her voice as she said, "Likewise, I take it our room is through here?" She said already walking toward the direction, she after all knew where the room was. It was the same one she used to share with her…with him.

Luna answered as she came forward, "Of course, follow me." Luna would guide her out of the room now.

Galaxy stared after Cadance thinking to herself, 'Is this really the fabled foal sitter that Princess Twilight told me about? The one who rarely got angry?' She would stare after her for a moment before saying, "What's got her so annoyed?"

"Oh…sorry about my mom. She doesn't do well around strangers. My name is Flurry Heart by the way. It's nice to meet you…you?" She would trail off.

"Oh right, Galaxy…Galaxy Star. It's nice to meet you princess." Galaxy answered.

"Do you know where Twilight is? I told my mother to keep my arrival a secret so I could jump out and surprise her." Flurry Heart said.

"I'm very sorry Flurry Heart. I'm afraid Twilight has been called out on an important mission and won't be back for some time." Celestia answered

Flurry Heart would have a sad expression on her face as she said softly, "Oh…well that’s okay. I know being the princess of friendship is a full-time job. I guess I should have made it known I was coming." She answered

"Well I might not be Princess Twilight, but I can show you around if you like. I know this castle like the back of my hoof." Galaxy offered and Flurry would fall into step beside her.

"I would love that, thanks Galaxy!" She said excitedly as her wings shuffled while they wandered off together.

Meanwhile though Celestia would stare after them with a saddened expression on her face, before Discord popped up next to her, "What's with the long face Celestia? Are you worried about Cadance?"

Celestia sighed, "Yes, I'm not sure if this visit will help her in anyway."

Discord laughed, somewhat sounding like his old self as he said, "It is a tricky situation you put yourself in, but it's not something I'd get myself involved in. Toot aloo!" He said snapping his fingers as him and his luggage disappeared. Leaving Celestia alone with her thoughts.

---A few hours later---

Flurry Heart would go to her mother’s door and knock on it a few times, "Mom, it's me. Please let me in." She would see a glow around the door handle and the door would pull open. Leading to a dark room, her mother on the bed turned away from her, "Mom, you should have said something down there. Like 'hello'."

"Why? Would that have made any difference?" Cadance snapped at her.

Flurry used to her mother’s short temper nowadays, would push on saying to her, "I don't know, it might have been the nice thing to do." She instantly knew this was the wrong thing to say as her mother shot a glare at her.

"Nice thing to do? What's the point of that?" She said.

"Yes. Now, why don't we open these curtains to let some light in." She said, but as soon as she opened the curtains. Cadance would force them shut.

"I liked them the way they were." She said turned away from her again.

"Oh…okay. Here let me help you unpack." She said as she would start to go through her mother’s saddlebags. But as soon as she opened them…she saw something in the flap. Her dad's old crest he wore on his wedding day, "Mom?" She said taking out as she held it up, "Maybe…this visit is a blessing in disguise."

Cadance who was turning around to get her stuff out of the saddlebags, would say, "What do you mea-What are you doing! Don’t touch that!" She shouted as she ripped the crest away holding it protectively in her wing.

Flurry, never having seen her mother this angry gasped in fright, "I'm-I'm sorry. It's just that!" She stuttered unsure of what to say.

"I told you never to touch this. It's priceless and you know it!" She shouted as she backed away putting it back in the saddlebags.

"I know mom. I'm sorry." Flurry said as she watched the crest go back in the bag.

"Why are we even here? There isn't any event. And it's just wasting my time training the noobies." Cadance said as she started to walk away now, pulling out an old picture now too.

"Well…maybe you should get out and talk to other ponies…like Celestia and Luna. They care about you. Dad wouldn't want you to be this way. Everypony wants you to go back to the way you were before." Flurry said following her mother

"And what does that matter if I talk to them! It's not going to change anything! This whole visit is a therapy treatment." She says flinging the picture now, one of Flurry Heart when she was still a young foal, Cadance and Shining Armor together, "Nothing else matters because he is still…gone. Shining is dead. And I have stay, stuck here. I wish Celestia had never made me into an Alicorn." She said tears flowing down her face.

"I know your hurting but shutting yourself out like this won't change the fact that…that dad isn't with us anymore. He would want us to live our lives to the fullest and step out into the light. Not just hang out in the darkness." Flurry said coming closer to her mother now

"Light? What light? Everything is still turned off the way it was before. I've lost the ability to smile. I don't even remember what it was like. Being happy." Cadance started to sob now.

"Well maybe it's time to finally talk about it. You can talk to me mom. I care about you. Please…let me into your heart." She said, but then the hard look her mother always had on her face was back.

"You should go to bed." She said.

"But mo-." Flurry said heart sinking, they were finally talking!

"Please…just go to bed." Cadance said. Turning away now.

---Song: With you---

As Cadance started to get ready for bed herself, she would start to pull her armor off. Her eyes closed and refusing to look back at the door, she'd just watched her heartbroken daughter leave through, 'Flurry it's for your own good I'm doing this.' She thought.

'I walked in your room this morning. I don't know why, I don't know why. Our daughter walked by to say hello.' She would think back to this morning when she'd in one of her happier moments, would walk toward the direction of the castle she and Shining would share a bed in. And she thought, for once she was ready to do so, but as soon as Flurry had walked by, she started to cry, "I started to cry, I started to cry. Everyplace we ever walked. Everyplace we talked, I miss you. You never leave my mind. So much of you is left behind." She sang as she took her helmet off, looking at it, as she put it on the ponyquin. Along with the body armor.

Her mind would flash back to memories of her time with Shining, to the day of Twilights coronation, 'You took my days with you.' To the day they started ruling the crystal empire together, 'You took my nights with you.' To many others.

'Those unfinished conversations. We used to have. Stills peak to me.' Her memories play now to letters to this day she would attempt to write, just to give her some peace of mind, "And I write you letter's every day. That I'll never send. And you'll never see.' She would never finish them though or even start and just crumple the paper up, 'All this wishful thinking. Gets me nowhere I can't stay. Though is my heart is broken. It keeps breaking every day.' She would look down at the ground lost in thoughts again of various memories again she would either be told about or seen herself.

'You took my hopes with you! You took my dreams with you!' She was almost shouting as she sang. Thinking back to their wedding, to them saving the day and to their first kiss as husband and wife…to the days following their daughter’s birth.

As she walked toward the balcony of her room now, she would start to sing, 'I keep thinking that you'll be calling!" She stomped her hooves a few times in aggravation as she walked closer to the door, 'Everypony says that it's all in my head. And I can't accept it yet. I'm not ready to just give in!' She would open the doors and step out, feeling the wind in her mane, "I know that I can't live in this pain. With these feelings of regret! I can't comprehend this. And pretend that I don't care. Any place I wanna be. I wanna see you there.'

She would finish looking up into the sky, feeling tears flow down her face, "You took my life with you. Took my world with you." She whimpered softly as she laid down now crying into her legs, the picture she'd broken earlier floating over to her as she for the first time in years cried openly, but nopony was there to see it, or comfort her.

Author's Note:

Two updates in one day? What kind of insanity is this?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment