• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 443 Views, 8 Comments

Remembrance (The Audio Drama) - Nira Lightshine



What if Twilight has to face the Nightmare again? But without her friends?

  • ...
 8
 443

Lost Part 2

Twilights eyes, once filled with tears, now would hold nothing but fear, shock and horror in them. After all, what stood in front of her were her best friends. Or what appeared to be her friends as she backed up against the tree now.

"W-Who are you?" She asked, eyes looking for a possible way to escape, body tensing as she shook her head, 'This isn't them. This isn't them!" She repeated in her head, yet the voices that would come out now, sounded too much like them for her liking.

Hehe, you don't remember us Twilight?" Said the shadowy form of Fluttershy.

"Aww come on Twilight." Said Shadow Pinkie Pie.

"Has it been that long?" Said Shadow Rarity.

"That you don't remember us." Said Shadow Applejack.

"Your nearest and dearest friends." And they all would cackle with laughter at this, moving ever closer to her.

Twilights eyes shifting between them as she wondered what could be causing this. Had she finally snapped and was just seeing things? Were these really her friends? Could they just be changelings? All these thoughts ran through her head as she shouted, "You are not my friends! You can't be because my friends ar-are-ar-." She could feel her heart break now over this as she felt her ears lower, 'They aren't coming back…they aren't ever coming back.'

"What dead? Of course they are! You’re the last one Twilight, the lonely Alicorn. Never to have her friends again by her side." Rainbow cackled as their forms started to tower over hers.

"Your wrong! I'm not alone! Now disappear before I make you leave!" Twilight shouted trying to stand taller to look more formidable as she was preparing a spell, her eyes looking back at the elements behind her.

"Oh Twilight, poor sweet innocent Twilight. How are you going to do that?" Fluttershy mocked as she appeared to be smirking widely at her.

"We know you can't use the elements anymore!" Mocked Applejack.

"Now why don’t you run off and cry to Princess Celestia. Because this? This is our domain, and you aren't welcome here." Rarity said, and as she said this, the fangs of the six of them would glint now.

Twilight would then cause an explosion of light that would hit the five shadowy figures of her 'friends'. But when the smoke cleared, Pinkie Pie would laugh, "Oh Twilight! You can't get away from us that easily!"

"Now why don’t you give us the elements so we can take our place in this world!" At these words the five of them would surround her in a circle with tendrils of black smoke grabbing at her legs. Which she blasted apart. 'I have no choice. I'm sorry Tree of Harmony." She thought as she grabbed the elements with her magic, and ran. She would hear the forms of her 'friends' running after her as she desperately ran out of there and once she was out of the mouth of the cave. She teleported away.

---Canterlot Castle---

Twilight sprinted hard into the castle the moment she arrived, holding the elements in her aura. Once she got to a guard that was close to the dining room, she'd tell him, "Take these to my study immediately! Don't stop for anything and wait there until I come." The guard would nod as he rushed off, his brown aura from his horn lighting up as he ran toward the study taking the decayed and broken elements with him.

And as soon as he left, she banged the door to the dining room open, Luna eating pancakes and Celestia stuffing her face with cake. Both looking shocked, and Celestia embarrassed, as Twilight said, "Celestia! Luna! Equestrias under attack!"

There would be a clatter of silverware as the two princesses would drop the forks or knives they were using to eat, as both stared at her wide-eyed. Both thinking, 'What could be causing this?'

---Canterlot Castle War Room---

A room that hadn't been used since the Pony/Gryphon war nearly three hundred years ago. Something that was kept up and tidied though in case it was needed as the three princesses would sit at their respective chairs, "Now tell us what happened." Celestia said calmly.

"I was visiting the tree of harmony, and then this black mist showed up. It went into the tree and turned it black, and these shadows appeared and…" She looked down tears flowing from her face, "They looked like my friends. Down to their very cutie marks. They had white eyes and sharp fangs. I grabbed the elements and escaped before it could destroy them. I didn't know what else to do."

"D-did you say these creatures looked like shadows?" Luna asked.

"Yes, and they knew everything about me."

"I think we know what you encountered Twilight." Celestia said seeming to stare at something for a moment before she came to the chair she always sat at. Her face darkened for just a moment as she did so.

"Then wh-what is it?" Twilight asked

"It's the virus that once infected me long ago." Luna announced

"V-virus? What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"It is called the Nightmare. It feeds on darkness and disappears. And it is the very creature that caused me to blind my judgment and become my worst fear. A creature hated by my subjects."

"Wait, this same creature turned you into Nightmare Moon?" Twilight asked.

"The very same, and if you encountered it. That means it's looking for a new host."

After a moments pause, Twilight asked, "Then does that mean my friends are now…" She couldn't bear the thought of the five friends she stood with now being corrupted by an evil creature such as this.

"No, of course not. It only took the shape of your friends to confuse and anger you. And I can see it did a pretty good job." Celestia stated

"The problem of the matter is. A darkness is approaching. More terrible then you would ever know." Luna said

"Then how do we defeat it?" Twilight asked.

"The only way to defeat it, is to use the elements once more. To bring together ponies who could use them with you." Celestia said.

"But…I can't wield them anymore not since they left. I haven't felt a connection to them since…Fluttershy passed." She said thinking of the last of her friends who had died.

"That is true sister. There has to be another way." Luna said.

"I'm sorry everypony. If I could just stop being useless. This problem would be solved." Twilight said as she laid her head on the table now.

"No Twilight, this isn't your fault. We will find another way to defeat it." Celestia said.

"She is right Twilight. There has to be another way to defeat the nightmare."

Author's Note:

Not much to say about this. Sorry for the wait. And how short it is, I kind of ran out of time and will be busy for a few days. I had originally planned to write the rest of episode 1 out. But will do so next time.