• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 341 Views, 2 Comments

A Night at the Movies - Mr Movie Magic



While on vacation in Applewood, Rainbow Dash and the CMC explore a haunted movie palace.

  • ...
 2
 341

Epilogue: A New Beginning

Some time had passed since their Applewood vacation until one day, they each received a letter. It read:

Dear Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack,
You are cordially invited to the the grand opening ceremony of the newly refurbished Kino Movie Palace. We ask the honor of your presence on the evening of this special occasion. We cannot thank you enough for everything you have done.
Sincerely,
Kino "Mr. Nicky" and Prof. Menlo

On the evening of the gala, the Mane Six, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Spike arrived in Applewood dressed in their finest attire. Spotlights waved back and forth outside the theater. There were cameras, there were lights, there was a red carpet! What was once an old dilapidated building was now a beautiful picture house. In big letters above the box office, the name "Kino Movie Palace" twinkled like stars. Many celebrities had come. Saddle Song, Gray, and Roo Buckaroo were there. Curly Top and Mare-ilyn Monroan were there. And the old stallion who swept the front sidewalk? He was also there, wearing his new usher uniform. Shaking hooves with the ponies of the hour were Clark Stable and Hoofrey Bogart, the actors who portrayed Prof. Menlo and Mr. Kino respectively in their biopic.

It was a wondrous moment when the Ponyville friends met up with Mr. Kino and Prof. Menlo.

"Meine Freunde! I'm so happy you are here!" exclaimed Mr. Kino.

"Indeed," said Prof. Menlo. "None of this would be possible without you."

After exchanging a few sentiments, Mr. Kino stepped up to the podium positioned just outside the main entrance. The crowd quieted down and he proceeded to speak. "Good evening, Applewood.It has been one hundred und twenty-three years since I last saw your bright lights. It is wonderful to be here again. I have meine new friends to thank for that. I once owned a small chain of nickelodeons. That is how I got mein nickname, Mr. Nicky. I am proud to say that I will be bringing mein chain of theaters back, with the help of mein friend und mentor, Prof. Menlo, who has helped fund the refurbishment and restoration of this beautiful movie palace und the first theater of mein new chain." He and Prof. Menlo took up a large pair of scissor and held it up to the red ribbon extending across the length of the entrance. "In the name of friendship," Mr. Kino announced, "I declare the Kino Movie Palace open!"

He and Prof. Menlo cut the red ribbon. Cameras flashed like crazy and everypony cheered. The first film and popcorn were on the house. It was an exciting and heartwarming event. It was more than a grand opening. It a new beginning. It was a celebration of friends.

"To friends," said Mr. Kino holding up a glass of sparkling cider. "To friends old and new. To friends who will come here to enjoy a night at the movies. To friends!"

"To friends!" everypony repeated.

They drank their toast. Old friends did make new friends and they all indeed enjoyed a night at the movies.

Author's Note:

I certainly hope you enjoyed reading this story. Feel free to ask questions and share comments. I do ask that responses are kept positive. Thank you!

Comments ( 1 )

9320960
I hope you like it. It was an idea I came up with spur of the moment. I did include some film related references, Easter eggs I guess you could call them. How many can you find?

Login or register to comment