• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 341 Views, 2 Comments

A Night at the Movies - Mr Movie Magic



While on vacation in Applewood, Rainbow Dash and the CMC explore a haunted movie palace.

  • ...
 2
 341

Eleven: Back Home

The next morning, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack packed up the rest of their belongings at the hotel. Mr. Kino and Prof. Menlo escorted them to the train station and thanked them once more and to see them off. Some of the ponies thought that they had recognized the two stallions, but it couldn't be actually be them, could it? After all, they were both said to have mysteriously vanished over a hundred years ago. There was no denying that it was them. It was like seeing two ghosts. But they weren't ghosts. They were no longer. It was soon in the newspapers all over Equestria that the two long-lost ponies were back in the land of the living. Reporters interviewed each of them and their six new friends who helped bring them back.


It was early in the evening when the Friendship Express pulled into the station in Ponyville. The six ponies disembarked and gathered their luggage on the platform.

"I had such an amazing time in Applewood," said Sweetie Belle.

"I know!" Scootaloo exclaimed in agreement. "It was such an awesome weekend! I'm so happy we could make it happen."

"And Ah'm sure glad that we were able tuh help Mr. Kino and Prof. Menlo be friends again," said Apple Bloom.

"Yup, we sure had quite the adventure," said Applejack.

"I had a marvelous time myself," Rarity commented.

"And we solved the mystery of the haunted movie palace and the mystery of what happened to Mr. Kino and Prof. Menlo!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "Two mysteries in one spells awesome!"

"Well, Ah don't know 'bout y'all," began Applejack, "but Ah reckon Ah could use a vacation from our vacation!"

"A late night and an early morning. Not a good combination," said Sweetie Belle.

"I guess we better get on home then," said Rainbow Dash. "That was pretty fun, though. We should do it again some time."

"Not too soon, I hope," Rarity responded. She turned to her little sister, "Come, Sweetie Belle. Let's go home."

After wishing each other a good night, the three pairs - Applejack and Apple Bloom, Rarity and Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo - returned to their homes: Sweetie Belle and Rarity to Carousel Boutique, Apple Bloom and Applejack to Sweet Apple Acres, and Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash to Cloudsdale.

At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack and Apple Bloom opened the front door quietly.

"Don't be too loud," Applejack said softly. "Ya don't wanna wake up Granny Smith."

"Ah'm already awake," Granny Smith spoke.

The Apple matriarch was sitting in her rocking chair and Big Mac was sitting on the sofa.

"How did your vacation go?" Granny Smith asked.

"Mighty fine, Granny Smith," said Applejack.

"That's nice. An' did y'all find any ghosts?"

"Not exactly," Apple Bloom replied. "But there was this voice that came through the radio. Turns out it was Mr. Kino, the pony who owned all the nickelodeons."

"Ya mean Mr. Nicky?"

"Yeah! Ya see, he and Prof. Menlo were stuck inside a reel of film. Mr. Kino talked to me through the radio, and Rainbow Dash took us to the movie palace where we rescued them. They were fightin' an' feudin' with each other, but we helped make 'em friends again."

"Phew! Sounds like y'all were pretty busy." Granny Smith stood up and stretched. "You can tell me more about it in the mornin'. This ol' gal's gotta be headin' tuh bed."

"Jus' one more thing, Granny Smith!" Apple Bloom excitedly reached into her bag. "Look what Ah got for us." She proudly showed them Saddle Song's autograph.

"Well Ah'll be. Y'all got tuh meet Saddle Song."

"We sure did! An' look, it's got all our names. Pretty cool, huh, Big Mac?"

"Eeyup!" Big Mac agreed. "Sure is, Apple Bloom."

It had been a long weekend, a very late night, an early morning, and a long train ride. Apple Bloom could feel her eyelids getting heavy. She gave a big yawn.

Big Mac smiled. "You're plum tuckered out. Let's get you tuh bed."

"But Ah'm not sleepy," Apple Bloom said with a yawn. "Ah've got so much more tuh tell ya."

"Tell ya what, how 'bout in the mornin' we whip us up some pancakes and you can tell me everything?"

"Ah'd like that a lot."

Applejack smiled warmly as the three of them went upstairs to get a god night's sleep.