• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 341 Views, 2 Comments

A Night at the Movies - Mr Movie Magic



While on vacation in Applewood, Rainbow Dash and the CMC explore a haunted movie palace.

  • ...
 2
 341

Five: On the Streets of Applewood

From the haunted movie palace, they went to Rancho Rodeo. There were so many shops! They spent some time there window shopping, going inside the stores and doing actual shopping, and Rarity tried on many a frock and outfit. Then they went to the Trot of Style. The names of such fashion-forward ponies, and those who have made a name in fashion such as Photo Finish, Hoity Toity, and Sassy Saddles had their names engraved on plaques along the pathway.

After walking along the Trot of Style, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle decided that they would take turns picking out a fun activity for them to do.

Scootaloo made the first pick. “Let’s go to the wax museum!”

The wax museum was certainly a sight to see. There were life-size replicas of some of Equestria’s most famous stars. There were the actors, Hoofrey Bogart and Clark Stable, Horson Welles, Curly Top the little filly star, Sapphire Shores, a few members of the Wonderbolts including Spitfire, Soarin, and Surprise. After having been dishonorably discharged, the wax model of Wind Rider had been removed. There was also the cowpony star, Roo Buckaroo.

“They’re so lifelike,” Sweetie Belle observed. “It’s as if they could walk up to you and say ‘hello.’”

There was also a royalty-themed exhibit with wax models of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. In an exhibit decorated with sequins were models of Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor. A sign posted in the adjacent exhibit read, “Coming soon, Princess Twilight Sparkle.”

In another area of the museum, a couple of ponies were setting up another new exhibit.

“Golly, who’s goin’ in here?” Applejack asked them.

“This space is reserved for Countess Coloratura,” one of the ponies replied.

“Countess who? Sorry, fellas. Ah ain’t ever heard of her.”

She continued on her way, looking at all the models.

Once they had toured the whole museum, they gathered outside to discuss what they would see next.

They stopped at a bench to read through all the fun tourist attractions and activities.

“I wanna go see the Trot of Fame!” exclaimed Scootaloo.

“You picked the last thing,” said Sweetie Belle. “It’s my turn to pick.”

“What do you want to see?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t decided yet.”

“Well, while you decide, we can go see the Trot of Fame.”

“That’s two in a row for you! Then you’ll have to let me pick two in a row.”

“Settle down, y’all,” Apple Bloom intervened. “We’ll get tuh see everything, don’t you worry.”

Sweetie Belle made her decision. “I know! Let’s go see all the celebrity houses!”

“We probably won’t see anypony famous,” said Scootaloo.

“We just might,” Sweetie Belle returned.

“I don’t know. We could look at houses any time.”

“But these are celebrity houses. Who knows who we’ll get to see. Maybe Hoofrey Bogart watering his lawn?”

“Hoofrey Bogart wouldn’t be watering his lawn during a tour. Everypony would crowd him for his autograph.”

“It’s just a thought. Besides, he’s got to water his lawn.”

“You guys!” Apple Bloom raised her voice. “We’re supposed tuh be havin’ fun. Cain’t we just decide what we’re gonna do?”

“Well, Scootaloo doesn’t like my idea,” said Sweetie Belle.

“I didn’t say that,” Scootaloo replied.

“But that’s what you meant.”

“U-u-g-g-h-h!” Apple Bloom couldn’t take their bickering anymore. “If neither of you can decide on sumthin’, then Ah’m goin’ back to the hotel.”

"You guys, stop arguing," Rainbow Dash intervened. "We'll get to do everything you want. Maybe we'll get to see some celebrities, maybe not. But whether we do or not, we're here to enjoy a weekend vacation together."

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle knew that Rainbow Dash was right. Though they had come to Applewood to hunt for ghosts and maybe get their cutie marks, they were here to spend the weekend together and have fun.

"I'm sorry, Sweetie Belle," Scootaloo apologized. "I really would like to see the celebrity houses, too. I still don't know if we'll see anypony famous along the way, but even if we don't, we still get a pretty awesome tour."

"And I'm sorry for arguing, too, Scootaloo," said Sweetie Belle. "I guess I'm still a little upset that we couldn't go inside the haunted movie palace and see if we could get our cutie marks. I just want to get my cutie mark so badly. I didn't mean to take out my frustrations on you."

"Sometimes friends can argue back and forth with each other," Rarity began, "but the most important part is to recognize the differences and respect each others' opinions, and at the end of the day, we're all still the best of friends."

"That's right," Applejack agreed. "Jus' look at me an' Rainbow Dash. Sumtimes we bicker and butt heads, but we sure don't let it break up our friendship."

"It's great to have competition," stated Rainbow Dash. "Sometimes you need somepony to give you that extra push so you can do your best." She turned to Applejack with a competitive air. "Just wait 'til the next Running of the Leaves. I'm gonna leave you in the dust!"

"You're on!" Applejack accepted Rainbow Dash's challenge.

A good pep talk from their big sisters was just what the doctor ordered. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo hugged it out. Apple Bloom smiled warmly, happy to see that her friends were friends again.

"C'mon, everypony!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "Let's go see some celebrity houses!"

They made their way to the carriage stop where the next tour was waiting to depart. They took their seats in the carriage and began their tour of the neighborhood.

"Good afternoon, everypony," greeted the tour guide. "You will see the luxurious homes of some of Applewood's biggest stars. We can't guarantee that you will see any celebrities on our tour, but if you do, it won't cost you a single bit more! So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the tour."

While they were on the tour, they saw the houses of many famous ponies. They even passed by Hoofrey Bogart's house! And even though they didn't see the movie star himself, they could all agree that they all had fun on the tour.

After they had returned from the celebrity houses tour, it was Apple Bloom's turn to decide on what the group's next activity would be.

"It's your turn to pick what we do next, Apple Bloom," informed Sweetie Belle. "What do you want to do?"

"Hmm..." Apple Bloom thought. "Ah know! How 'bout we go down the Sunset Strip?"

"A great idea, Apple Bloom," said Rarity. "Let's go, girls!"

What a sight the Sunset Strip was! There were rows of tall palm trees reaching up to the sky. The sky itself was a beautiful sight. It had become an orange-pink color as the golden sun set beyond the horizon. As the day turned to night, all of Applewood became illuminated. The neon lights began to glow, spotlights began to beam to and fro above the city, and the brilliant lights of the marquees dazzled.

But before the sun had finally set, there was one thing that Applejack wanted to go see, and that was the ranch of the humorist and trick roper, Houlihan Horse. It was located just outside the city in the tranquil Applewood Hills.

"Ah jus' had tuh come here an' get a picture," said Applejack. "Granny Smith used to listen to Houlihan Horse tell his jokes on the radio when she was a little filly. Ah believe she even saw one of his shows with her folks."

The view of the sunset from the ranch was amazing. It was so picturesque, so sublime. Not even a photograph could capture its magnificence in full, but Applejack snapped a picture either way. By the light of the glimmering stars and the luminous full moon, Applejack, Rarity, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, and Sweetie Belle went back to the city. When they had gotten there, they found a nice restaurant where they ate a nice dinner.