• Published 24th Nov 2018
  • 1,404 Views, 2 Comments

The Greatest of all empires ever... - J-90



Equestria is receiving visiting delegates of an race, who are known of ruling the entire world. And if you don't like it, they WILL nuke you into oblivion...

  • ...
5
 2
 1,404

Helloo!


"So we are truly going to meet with an delegates from an empire that rules the WORLD?"

"Yes Twilight, and I'm afraid that this is no elaborate joke of any kind. This is serious meeting with them." Celestia answered to Twilight's question.
All the princesses, elements, Starlight and few other leaders where all gathered in the throne room. Rest of the leaders included Ember, Queen Novo, Prince Rutherford and Tempest, alias Fizzlepop Berrytwist, representing Storm Island's. The rest of the world leaders where not invited by the soon arriving visitors.

"But how that can be? Storm king ruled good chunk of known world before his defeat. And how come me and Cadance don't know anything of this... World Empire?"

"To answer your questions, he was most likely a vassal to them, and as for you not knowing... Were not exactly allowed to keep records of them for... Reasons..." Luna piped in. "Also you must remember to bow low when greeting them, and whatever any of you do. DO. NOT. COMMENT. ABOUT. THEIR. SIZE..." she added, sounding very serious. All the leaders, and Tempest, nodded in agreement.


Before Twilight, or her friends could ask more, a trumpet sounded and doors to the throne room opened wide. And in moved some manner of metallic wagon-platform-thingy, that barely reached average pony's knee. And it seemed to be carrying some manner of orb structure, resembling a football.

When this mechanical thing finally stopped before all of them, it rose slowly in higher position. When this happened all the leaders bowed low, Cadence luckily managing to follow almost in sync. Twilight and her friends soon followed, feeling very confused.
"We most humbly welcome you to Canterlot, oh great masters of the world..." Celestia greeted the metallic little wagon thing very humbly, even laying down on her belly, with rest of the leaders taking similar low-position. Once again elements followed it confused.

Now the little orb began to whirr loudly, and opened a section of itself, with a little platform extending outwards. Then a little rhythmic squeaking sound could be herd, like something teeny tiny was moving.
And soon on the extended platform Twilight saw a trio of... Worms? With visible eyes and weird floaty hands. Two seemed to be wearing pike-topped helmets, carrying some kind of weapons. The third one had a almost adorable looking commanders cap on its head.

"Greeting humble vassals! Hail Worm!!" Captain capped squeaked something, soon followed its escorts squeaking "Hail Worm!!!!". Elements where even more confused. No mostly due to not being able hear what those worms where squeaking about.

"Uuh, what are those things saying?" Dash whispered to Twi, eyeing the worms almost amused.

"Who is that colorful nincompoop?!" came another squeak from Captain, who seemed to point at rainbow pegasus, seemingly offended about something.

"We apologize, her ears are not used to the greatness that is your kinds voice." Celestia said to Captain, clearly a little nervous. Then she casted a little spell on the elements and Starlight. "Now they should be able to hear you properly, oh great one. Please do not take offence to this."

"Very well. We let this slide this once on colorful- ones part." Captain answered, still with squeaky voice, but now he could be herd properly. At least they thought it was a he.

"Now, onto the visit. We came to confirm, that the tributes are coming along on schedule... From all present here. The other vassals have paid ahead of time, which is very good for them. But all of you have had some delays in recent years. There is another delegation talking over details with the changelings, who's new leadership needs to know some details, especially with the mess-ups the previous one did. Even though she did have the necessary permits to commence military operations on other vassals." Captain gave a squeaky explanation for the visit.

"We have gathered the tribute, and plenty of extra to compensate for the delays." Luna informed the Captain. This was followed submissive sounding agreement's from other leaders, all saying that they had the tributes ready.

"Good, keep up the quota, and there will not be any trouble-" Captain commented, only to be interrupted by a fourth worm, who seemed to be whispering something.


"Apologies, but we must go now. Something has come up, that needs our attentions. That is all for now. Hail Worm!!" he said, adding some manner of militarist greeting, which the rest worms visible repeated.
"Thank you for your visit. The tribute, and the added compensation, will be delivered on time."Celestia said, sounding thankful, while the worms wormed back in their metal wagon, that turned around and rolled away. Few ears caught few squeaky mutters about ants needing some torching for attacking termites without permit.
Only after couple of minutes later the doors where closed, leaders visibly relaxed.


"Alright, can some-... Creature PLEASE explain what just happened?!" Applejack yelled out, sounding extremely confused, while minding the other creatures present.

"They where worms of the Worm Empire. The most heavily armed race of our known world. When they get angry or into a battle, only destruction will follow..." was Luna's answer.
"And their nation has existed longer than any other, few even getting destroyed by them..." Older princess added.

"HOW???! How something so small can destroy a nation?!" Twilight screamed, looking a bit frazzled.
"We don't know. But even one of them can send even an adult dragon flying with a punch. I have actually seen it happen... And they are also the reason why us dragons are still somewhat uncivilized. Those worms literally bombed us back to our stone-age, destroying what we had built... All because couple of drakes made fun of them." Ember answered with a fearful tone.

"Same with us. Only to a lesser degree... Mount Airis used to be a lot taller, with more land surrounding it. After worms took offence from one of our official, they drowned the surrounding land with their odd weaponry" Queen Novo joined in, having momentary thousand-yard-stare.

"Yaks used to have more homes. Angered worms... Now only proper one left..." Prince Rutherford commented, visibly shivering a little.

"Let's just say that the Storm island's used to be an Storm Island...After that the former king had to do several apologies, before he got the permits to commit an invasion on Equestria." was all Tempest managed to say.

"And then there was the case of Birdingstan, which USED to be where now Celestial sea is now... and Worms small internal skirmish that created the ghastly gorge... And turning the Dream Valley into Badlands..." Celestia concluded fearfully.


These news silenced Twilight and her friends for a moment.
"B-but if they are that dangerous, how come no one has not done anything? Like Discord?"

"Because purple-smarts, they would beat me up in dozens of ways for interfering with them." Came discords voice, with the draconequus appearing, with serious expression.
"Those worms have this weird power that makes anybeing fight them by taking turns, which they also follow, both sides taking ONE offensive action of any kind on their respective turn. And pretty much every single one of those worms have an arsenal of a small army, that effect's ANYTHING. Back when I returned for revenge, first thing I did was to get permit to cause some chaos, which was still in effect when you freed for reformation." he continued, making worms sound even more powerful.


"Soo... What about other nations? A-are they?..."

"Oh no Twilight, they have just payed their tributes on time, and have not asked permits all that much." Celestia eased purple princesses worries a little.

"Waaait... If they ask a tribute from everybeing, what is it? And why is it making you all so worried?" Pinkie asked with raised hoof.

"The tribute varies on the race that is giving the tribute, and what worms are asking as said tribute. Trading among races has helped to ease this a lot." Luna began to explain.
"The problem is the amount... Worms are extremely meticulous about the amount of tribute given to them. If you give too little, they think you are trying to hide the rest. If too much, outside of agreed compensations, they think you are trying to bribe them. In both cases... They will bomb you a bit depending how much they take offence. AND they don't exactly negotiate with non-worms. To them, a good bombardment is like a casual conversation."


"Soooo... IF we tried to teach them about the magic of friendship... They would shoot us as a means of conversation?" Starlight asked carefully, receiving nods from all of the leaders present. "Do they tend to shoot other things too as a retaliation? Like ordinary birds?"

"If they lose one of their own to them, then ye-" Celestia started, only to be interrupted by a sound of explosion at the distance, making all of them to hurry to the window. And at a distance was a pillar of smoke.
"What did they blow up this time?" wide-eyed Novo asked. Celestia conjured a spyglass and looked at the smoke's direction.

"I think it was... Fluttershy's bird feeder... No casualties it seems. Most likely one bird came to peck their vehicle. Aand there goes the chicken coop. No casualties either." Celestia said, as another explosion could be heard.


Author's Note:

No birds where harmed in making this one-shot story.:yay:

Also... I think this might be the first Worms(Game)-story here... Eh, who cares right?:derpytongue2:

Comments ( 2 )

Oh dear.

Garble is an Ex Worm.

Release, The Granny.

Pity Pinkie doesnt know about the canon in joke about FIM and Worms. Or she could deal with Worms so very easily. :pinkiecrazy::trixieshiftright:

Its not a PC thing at all.:trollestia:

If no birds were harm in the making how how about lizards.

Login or register to comment