• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 328 Views, 0 Comments

Inner Demons - HexGirl



Trixie's use of the Alicorn Amulet has secret consequences.

  • ...
 0
 328

Chapter 5

Darkness and pain were the only things Trixie could experience. She tried to shift her weight but an overwhelming sense of nausea forced her to a halt. A faint hint of light trickled down from somewhere but with all the boards and debris she had trouble locating its source. Surprisingly there didn't seem to be much weight on top of her. She had been pelted with wood and metal but most of it settled somewhere else after falling. With caution Trixie tilted her head testing for any pains as well as wiggle room. Her neck appeared to be fine and if she could muster the strength to push upwards on a beam there was the possibility of escape.

"Lulamoon. You there?" a hiss came but its typical malice had been replaced with concern.

Trixie hesitated to respond. Lulatrix was out there waiting to do Celestia knows what to her On the other hoof Trixie couldn't stay in her current situation and she doubted she had the strength and physical health to break free on her own. "Here." she sighed.

"Good. I'm ashamed to say I need your assistance."

"Well that's just too bad. Why should Trixie help a bitch like you?" even in her current state Trixie wasn't short of comebacks.

"Fair enough I suppose, but you can't leave me here. I have all your magic. Would you, the great and powerful Trixie, walk around with nothing?"

"Really? Are you seriously trying to tempt me with power right now? Look around dingbat! We are both stuck and probably going to die. Thanks to the dumb and bitchy Lulatrix there won't be a great and powerful Trixie." anger began settling into Trixie's words.

"So we are both stuck. Fun times." Lulatrix sighed.

"Don't fucking sigh at me bitch! Its not my fault! Well not entirely..." she whispered.

"Okay okay, how about a deal?"

"Are you mad? Why in Equestria would I make a deal with you?"

"I will give back enough of your strength to get us out of here. Then once we are free I will give you all of it back. Its worthless anyways. You can't even do simple spellcasting."

"Worthless! I'll have you know I am the great and powerful Trixie. Powerful!" Trixie's anger rose.

Lulatrix felt a tightening in her chest. She didn't know what was happening but she felt weaker. "How are you doing that? I thought you could only weaken me through positive emotion."

"What are blabbing about now?"

"You mock me."

Then it hit Trixie. She felt stronger. The anger was coming from Lulatrix. The energy was making its way back to her. She was still in pain but she felt she could attempt breaking through the debris. Trixie shifted, placing her horn on a board she began to push. Nausea and pain nearly overwhelmed her but she pressed on. With a growl she managed to push the board causing an avalanche of debris. Moonlight blasted into the previously dark confines.

Trixie shakily stood. Pain pulsed from her right hind leg causing her to favor it. "The great and powerful Trixie lives!" she shouted into the night sky.

"Congrats. Now if you don't mind." Lulatrix cleared her throat.

Trixie took in a deep breath. Negative thoughts, memories, and emotions were flooding through every crevice of her brain. This was the moment she had waited for. A moment to make a choice. She limped through the debris towards Lulatrix's voice using large pieces to steady herself. "If you want out I'm not doing it for free."

"What is it you want? You already have your power back."

"Be humbled demon. Too many times I have been shown up or put down and ignored the lesson. Not this time. Not again. The simple and wise Trixie will help but you have to fix my stage." her emotions began to balance out with thought and reason.

"Very well." Lulatrix hissed unimpressed.

Trixie's horn illuminated along with a group of debris. The effort to use magic quickly became more than Trixie could handle. She lifted the bundle only to lose control of it sending it crashing back down just as Lulatrix lurched from the dirt. A piercing shriek sounded out causing Trixie to wince. Gurgling cut off the shriek and then silence interrupted that. Trixie opened her eyes to see one of Lulatrix's horns had been broken off. A black ooze crept out of her mouth. Eyes that once flashed bright crimson now were grey and lazy. Before Trixie's very eyes, Lulatrix began to fade away. A wisp of red energy floated out of Lulatrix's remaining horn then leapt into Trixie. Within a minute Lulatrix had vanished. Trixie stood in silence staring at the ground still absorbing all that had happened. After a moment the adrenaline wore off and exhaustion won over control of her body. Her eyelids fell heavy and her body sank to the ground to rest.

Trixie woke to the sound of chatter. Groggy, she sat up to check what was going on. Half the town was staring at her.

"Waah! I didn't do it!" Trixie protested out of habit.

"You are going to be fine." a stallion stepped forward. "I medicated your broken leg and put a cast on it. I would recommend staying off it for awhile though."

"Oh, thank you."Trixie was caught off guard.

"What happened?" a mare asked.

"Uhhh," Trixie looked around to find the debris had been cleared. Not like she could've used it anyways. "I just had a rough night."

"Well I hope you don't any more like that." the doctor pony spoke. "If you need some time to recover you are welcome to rest at my clinic."

She stood and instantly felt a rush. "That sounds like a good idea. At least until Trixie is feeling better."

********************************************************************************************************

A couple moons later and Trixie was back on her hooves. The town had been great company but it was time to hit the road once more. As a traveler she tried not to get comfortable in one place for too long and with the memories of her demonic self tied to the town she wanted to run far away. Her caravan was ready and a new portable stage was in the works. Having been able to work temporarily around town she had gained enough bits to support herself again. She fastened the harness to herself and took a breath. "Onto the next adventure. Hopefully this time without demons." With that Trixie followed the road out of town.

Author's Note:

Thank you for taking the time to read through this. I've been out of writing for a bit so this story was a way for me to dust off. Feel free to leave any constructive criticisms, let me know what you enjoyed or what you found less than appealing.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment