• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 329 Views, 0 Comments

Inner Demons - HexGirl



Trixie's use of the Alicorn Amulet has secret consequences.

  • ...
 0
 329

Chapter 3

The next week went by slowly. Trixie had bruises and aches that were limiting her performances to simple tricks. Short on coin, she spent a couple nights hungry and most nights restless. Lulatrix being a demon didn't require sustenance to thrive and be a greater pest than ever. To everyone else Lulatrix appeared in an adorable manner though a bit odd given her horns. To Trixie however it was as if staring into the eyes of Nightmare Moon after insulting the night.

"C'mon Trixie," she spoke to herself, "You can't live like this." She had taken a stroll into a nearby town to get away if only for a moment.

Ponies went about their daily business taking no note of Trixie. Everypony seemed happy and content which only made Trixie feel more alone than ever. The place had a vibrance to it that seemed to drift from pony to pony and echoed off the buildings. In a way it reminded her of Ponyville.

"Of course. Twilight might know how to get rid of that thing."Trixie stopped in her tracks. "But that would mean sinking even lower and the Great and Powerful Trixie needs nopony's help." her voice trailed off showing her uncertainty. For a moment she entertained the thought of going back to Ponyville and Twilight helping her banish Lulatrix. "The amulet! I bet I can go back there and use the amulet to banish her."

"Banish who my dear?" an all too familiar hiss swept around Trixie. "You wouldn't be talking about me would you? After all we've done together."

"Its been just over a week but Trixie agrees it feels like an eternity." Trixie eyed Lulatrix with clear disgust.

"You really should think better of yourself." Lulatrix grinned. "How about some food? You must be famished."

The sentiment caught Trixie off guard. Her meals had come sparingly and without any assistance or concern from Lulatrix.

"What's the catch?" Trixie asked warily.

"I need you alive. Think nothing more or less of it."

That was the clue Trixie had been searching for. She had forgotten till now but Lulatrix could only exist as long as Trixie did. 'If she is tied to me in such a manner then I may know how to rid myself of this asshole.'

Lulatrix had escorted Trixie to the local bakery. The scent of fresh baked goods wafted through the air and past Trixie's snout causing her mouth to become a waterfall. Lulatrix motioned for Trixie to order. Before a protest on behalf of poverty could be made, Lulatrix shoved Trixie to the counter.

"Why hello dear. What would you like today?" the mare behind the counter smiled. The pony's eyes faded to grey followed by the fall of her smile. She turned and fetched a small basket of muffins placing them on the counter. "Free of charge." she stated flatly.

With hesitation, Trixie accepted the basket and left the shop confused.

"Simple trick really." Lulatrix spoke up. "Too bad you want me gone, Lulamoon. I could bring you power you never even dreamed of."

"Then why haven't you?" Trixie jeered.

"Acceptance. Who would hand over the world to someone who despises them? Your hate only makes me stronger and you weaker ya know."

Trixie sighed. The more she had dwelt on Lulatrix, the less she was able to function. 'I can use this. She is me right? I want power then so does she. The more power I give her the less alive I am. Its a perfect coincidence!' Trixie relished in her thoughts but remained distraught on the outside. "Alright then. The Great and Powerful Trixie will host a show tonight."

"Perfect." Lulatrix let out a slow hiss.