• Published 11th Jul 2018
  • 235 Views, 12 Comments

Progression of the Heart - King Thunderwing



A Wonderbolt reserve who'd moved out of Canterlot after an attack, leaving his old friend behind. A few years had passed before something unexpected suddenly happened to him.

  • ...
 12
 235

Attempted Rescue

Author's Note:

This chapter isn't much longer than the previous one. Sorry if you're not happy with it.

I posted this chapter ahead of time so that you have more to read while I work on the new chapter.

Enjoy!

As the dense dust covered area cleared out a bit, both Thunderwing and Nightmare Moon took their hooves away from in front of their eyes to see what had happened. They could make out a blurry form of a tall figure with seven smaller figures by the larger figure’s form.

The dust still had to set and deminish completely as a loud, empowered voice called out from the large blurry figure’s direction. “Nightmare Moon!” It called out.

The evil counterpart of Princess Luna took her hoof off of Thunderwing’s chest as she took up a tall, firm stance with her chest pushed out. “Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up to try and save a small, defenceless Pegasus.” Nightmare Moon said aloud, a grim smile creeping across her face. “How long has it been, Celestia?” She asked with a sinister laugh.

“It’s been far too early!” Celestia said boldly as she stepped forward out of the dust, acompanied by the seven members of the Royal Guard. Four of them had spears held in their hooves and the other three were carrying swords in their mouthes. “Stop this madness.” The white alicorn ordered, her horn glowing faintly to light up the area with a spell ready to cast at any sudden hostile action as well.

“First I have a question for you.” Nightmare Moon said boldly, her horn glowing faintly as well. Thunderwing stayed on the ground, shuffling away slowly, staying low to the flat surface.

“What do you need to ask?” Princess Celestia replied, her eyes narrowed, her brow furrowed in anger.

“How ever did you find out that I’m back and that me and the Pegasus were here?” The dark Alicorn asked, her head held high with a wry smile. She stood firm in her position, Thunderwing lying near the other side of the room’s wall.

“My sister came to me in a dream last night. She told me that you had returned and that you kidnapped Thunderwing, keeping him hostage.” The Princess said in a low, angered tone in her voice, lowering the stance in her forehooves, getting ready to cast an offensive spell against Nightmare Moon or a defensive spell to guard against the dark alicorn’s attack, if she were to attack first.

“It’s futile to try and save him!” Nightmare Moon exclaimed as she leapt into the air with a single beat of her wings. Her horn started glowing bright before a sudden blue beam shot from the tip of her horn to strike the white Alicorn.

The Guards were quick to react, one of them jumping in between the blue ray and Celestia, taking the hit for the Princess before being shot down directly onto the hard surface at the Alicorn’s front hooves. The rest of the Pegasi guards sprung into action, at the ready to strike Nightmare Moon with their arsenal they had at hoof.

Nightmare Moon simply let out a huff, before she extended her hindlegs and forehooves, her wings included. A shield of some sort that had a small tint of black mist surrounded her as she released some of her magic to protect herself. The ponies were caught off guard and hit the shield, hard.

All of them fell down to the ground as Nightmare Moon’s shield also had a spell mixed in it to put them to sleep. Celestia’s horn glowed as she saw the guards that had acompanied her fall to the floor. She gently set them down on the ground out of harm’s way as she is now going to fully confront her sister’s evil counterpart.

“Nightmare Moon.” Celestia said with a firm voice. “Stand down now and return Luna to us. This is your final warning.” The white Alicorn said as her eyes narrowed, staring at the evil mare that slowly descended to the ground underneath. Celestia’s horn lit up yet again to prepare her magic.

As Celestia shot a beam of magic towards the dark Alicorn, Nightmare Moon did the same. The two powerful beams of magic clashed against eachother, causing a massive explosion that sent both of the Alicorns staggering backwards. “Princess Celestia!” Thunderwing called out as he ran over to the celestial goddess.

“Stay back, Thunderwing. I don’t want you in danger.” The Princess ordered as she regained her composure from the impact that she took from the magical explosion.

“I’m completely fine, Princess. I have been here long enough to know that Princess Luna plans to regain control. There were points where Nightmare Moon lost a bit of her evilness.” The Pegasus said calmly.

“She let me out to bask in the sun for some warmth, she fed me. She even huddled close to me when I slept to make sure that I’m not cold.” Thunderwing stated as he shot a glance back at Nightmare Moon, seeing here stare at Celestia with anger in her squinted eyes.

“Luna is fighting with us against Nigtmare Moon. She’s fighting desperately and she’s so close to regaining control.” Thunderwing said.

“We just need to find a way to help Luna. She’s the only one who can truly defeat Nightmare Moon.” Thunderwing stated as he tapped his chin with a hoof.

At that moment, both the Pegasus and Alicorn heard a beam being shot off. Celestia was caught completely off guard and was hit, Thunderwing flinced hard at the sudden surprise. Celestia groaned faintly as she squirmed to get back onto her hooves.

“Awww, looks like the almighty Celestia has been struck. Pitiful. I thought you were faster and stronger than this.” Nightmare Moon said as she gave off an evil chuckle before powering another bolt of magic. Thunderwing was completely frozen with adrenalin and shock, trying to process what had just happened.

A few long seconds later, another shot was heard as yet another beam of magic blasted though the atmosphere towards the already injured Celestia. Everything went silent.

A white figure rolled back as it was struck. Thunderwing jumped in between the magic bolt and white Princess, taking the hit full onto his side, sending him flying across the icy cold floor. Princess Celestia saw Thunderwing being shot across the floor, which made her gasp as she was filled with pure dread and disappointment she felt as she was unable to save a pony from danger.

Nightmare Moon was completely still, a little bit of mist came off of her horn that the magic beam had caused. Her eyes were wide, as if she was caught by surprise at the Pegasus’ actions that caused him to get hurt. Everything was completely silent; nothing could be heard except for the occasional sound of dudt and rubble hitting the ground from the hole Celestia had made earlier. The guards were still out cold.

Both Celestia and Nightmare Moon stared at the white Pegasus as he lied in the small patch of sunlight that coursed through the hole, small pebbles hitting him and dust covering his body as they fell from cracks.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment