• Published 11th Jul 2018
  • 235 Views, 12 Comments

Progression of the Heart - King Thunderwing



A Wonderbolt reserve who'd moved out of Canterlot after an attack, leaving his old friend behind. A few years had passed before something unexpected suddenly happened to him.

  • ...
 12
 235

Left

“Then tell me what you meant by it?!” Luna (Dusk) exclaimed at Thunderwing, her brows furrowed in annoyance and anger as she slightly had a hoof pointed out at him.

Thunderwing just sat in silence, his ears splayed back at Dusk’s sentence. He looked down down at his hooves which were between his hindlegs for balance on the chair.

Dusk retracted her hoof, starting to frown and her ears splayed back as she realized in what tone she just used to speak to her friend. “I-I’m sorry Thunder. I didn’t mean to use that tone with you.” She said with a sigh as she looked at the Pegasus stallion sitting across her. Thunderwing still sat in silence, looking down at his hooves.

Dusk slowly stood up from the chair and walked inside into the house. Thunderwing looked at his friend in silence as she went inside and reached out to her to grab her attention as she had walked past. He decided not to disturb her and give her sime space.

Dusk went into the room that her friend lended her and shut the door. She lied down on the bed, curling up as her body were yet agin consumed by blue smoke, turning back into the alicorn she rightfully is. She lied on the bed in silence, ponderwiong the thought of how she spoke to her friend as she did.

And hour or so had already passed. Thunderwing was sitting on the couch as he waited for Luna to meet with him again, but to no avail, she hadn’t come out. It had already been a few weeks since they met eachother again after so many years that had past after the trouble with the Storm King in Canterlot.

After another hour had passed, Thunderwing decided to check in on his Alicorn friend. He opened the door of her bedroom after knocking. As the door swung open, Luna was nowhere to be found with the window of the bedroom left open. Thndering sighed before he had spotted a piece of paper on the bed that had a quill resting on top of it.

He slowly walked up to the bed to inspect the small page. He didn’t want it look at it at first but after a few brief minutes, he mustered up the courage to read it. “Dear Thunder. I am so sorry for the way that I talked to you. It was not right of me to do so and I had felt so bad afterwards, I couln’t bring myself to face you and look you in the eyes about it. I couln’t bring myself to talk to you in person about it, so I had decided that I had to leave. I have to say that I’m sorry for leaving without saying goodbye and I’m sorry for talking to you the way that I did. I hope that everything goes well and I promise to attend every airshow that you participate in, but you won’t know where I am or whom I might be. Thank you so much for hosting me and letting me live here with you.”

Thunderwing wiped a few tears from his eyes as he finished reading the message that Luna had left him. He took the note into his mouth and left the room, heading to his own room.

He placed the note inside the drawer of his bedside table as a keepsake and most likely as a memory that he won’t see his friend again. Thunderwing went on with his everyday routine. He would wake up; brush his mane, coat and tail to get out the knots from the previous night’s sleep. He would then prepare a hot cup of coffee along with breakfast, which consisted mainly of cabbage, carrots and an apple or two.

He tossed the cabbage and carrots together into a pot of broth-like stew inside a big pot so that he could warm it up again and have the rest for dinner. After having breakfast, he didn’t have mugh time left, so he quickly got into his Wonderbolts fatigues and locked his house before leaving.

He was recently promoted to train the new Pegasi who joined and to train the rookies who were in the academy. He got home late every night but they started paying him more for his efforts, which he was happy with. He finally had a little bit more money that he could spend on his home for decorations.

Author's Note:

I know that this chapter was a little short. I didn't really have much to write in this one hut the next chapter will be longer. I can assure that.