• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 811 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Girls Spikebelle 3: Summer Vacation Part 2 - Chaos04



Spike and his friends have plans to make their summer vacation amazing, and one that will never be forgotten.

  • ...
7
 6
 811

Chapter 11 New Year's

When Spike awoke that morning, he wasted no time getting ready for the day. Quick as he could, he got dressed, haphazardly tidied his bed, picked up one or two items that were lying about his room. Once that was done, he rushed downstairs.

Ember and Sombra had already made breakfast, and were sitting down to eat. Sombra was busily ticking away at the keys of his laptop, his eyes darting back and forth across the screen.

“Sombra, can’t you save work for after breakfast?” Ember said.

“Sorry, dear. These articles don’t write themselves, and I’m already behind,” Sombra answered.

Ember placed her hand on top of the device, and closed it over her husband’s fingers.

“Then, you’ll do it after we’ve had our family meal,” Ember said.

Sombra sighed, and pulled his fingers out from within his laptop. Of all the luck, he married the old-fashioned type of woman. But, he hadn’t regretted it once, and he didn’t regret it now.

Both of their attention was drawn to the stairs, as they heard their son’s feet rapidly thumping down. In less then a second, Spike had descended, and entered the kitchen.

“Morning--” Ember began, before she saw her son quickly grab a waffle, and wrap it around an egg and a piece of bacon. “--Spike?”

“Sorry, mum. No time. I’m going out now,” Spike said.

“Where?” Ember asked.

“Arcade. I’m meeting some friends there. See you,” Spike said, before hurrying out the door.

The adults both watched as their son left like a big, purple blur.

“So much for the family breakfast,” Sombra said, as he began opening his laptop again.

Ember’s hand shot out, and kept the device closed.


Canterlot mall was always a happy place. Even if one was not shopping, it was a place where friends and lovers could go to spend their time together. But, for a certain man in black, it was just another outlet.

Pharynx walked through the pristine aisles, doing his best to avoid noticing the happy couples around him.

The exit was growing near. As he descended the escalator, he saw a familiar sight. There, roaming the lower floor was the red-headed police woman he knew so well. And she was standing with her back to him. The perfect setup for a surprise reunion.

Pharynx quickly walked down the rest of the escalator, and behind a small crowd when the officer turned in his direction. When she looked away, Pharynx continued his advance.

He was right behind her now. He leaned closer to her.

“Tempest,” he quietly said.

The officer jumped and reached for her tazer as she turned around.

Pharynx quickly caught her arm before she could unholster her weapon.

“Pharynx!?” Tempest said, at once relieved and delighted to see him. “Don’t sneak up on me like that! Do you know how close you came to getting tazed?”

“Yeah. Fasted gun in the west,” Pharynx said, still holding Tempest’s arm. He let go, and Tempest released her weapon. “So, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be with the youth correctional program?”

“That’s why I’m here. About a week ago, one of the kids got away from us. Since I was his correctional officer, I have to be the one looking for him. Nice deal, right?” Tempest said.

“Sounds like a raw deal. How about some help?” Pharynx offered.

“Please, that would be great. If you see this kid, call me,” Tempest said, as she held up her phone to Pharynx. On the screen was a mugshot of a teenage boy with orange hair.

“I’ll do you one better. How about I accompany you on your investigation?” Pharynx offered.

“That’s sweet of you, but I’m on duty. I can’t have civilian help right now.”

“I’m not a civilian. I’m an ex-con. You’ll just be keeping an eye on another known lawbreaker while you’re looking for some punk kid,” Pharynx offered, taking a step closer to Tempest.

Tempest stopped his advance with a gentle hand on his chest.

Former lawbreaker,” the officer said. “But, I’m off duty at 4:00 today. How about you accompany me then?”

“Sure. We’ll start our search at the usual spots where the scum and delinquents hang around?” Pharynx said.

“It’s a date,” Tempest said, before leaving.

“See you then,” Pharynx said.


Time passed quickly that day. 11:58 PM. The New Year’s party had gone on for nearly two hours by that time. Everything was set up. Everyone had arrived. With one notable exception.

Sombra sidled away from his wife’s side, as she talked to Velvet. From there, he made his way over to Tirek and Chrysalis.

“You guys know where Pharynx is yet? He’s going to miss this,” Sombra said.

“No idea,” Chrysalis said.

“Something tells me that he’s gone off somewhere else. Whether or not he’ll be back, who can say?” Tirek answered.

“Damn. We’re just going to have to do this without him,” Sombra said. “Alright. Just make sure everyone’s ready. I have to go look for my son now.”

“How long will that take?” Chrysalis said.

“I think he knows right where his boy is,” Tirek answered.

Out on the balcony, Spike stood with his arms wrapped around Sweetie Belle’s waist. Both gazed skyward, simply counting the stars as they enjoyed one another’s presence.

“What do you think that group looks like?” Sweetie asked, pointing to a cluster of stars.

“I’m not sure. But, I think it looks like a dragon,” Spike said.

“That’s what you said about all of them,” Sweetie said.

“I know. I just have to balance out all the ones you said looked like unicorns.”

Far in the distance, fireworks went off, reigning in the new year. And the two children had the best view of the spectacle.

“Happy New Year, Spike,” Sweetie Belle said, leaning deeper into Spike’s embrace.

“Happy New Year, Sweetie,” Spike said, as he kissed her cheek.

They heard steps behind them, but barely reacted.

“Spike. Sweetie Belle. It’s picture time,” Sombra’s voice said behind them.

Now, they had to go. There was no way that they were going to miss the group picture of them all.

Spike and Sweetie followed Sombra downstairs, where all of the others were getting ready. Twilight took her place beside Thorax. Fluttershy was spending her time straightening out Discord’s appearance for the picture. Applejack, Pinkie and Dash were all picking their poses for the moment of truth. Rarity had taken the juggler from the park as her date, and was passing time with him by learning how to catch a ball. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were occupying themselves with idle conversation. Tirek tried taking his spot at the front, only to be moved to the back Chrysalis, so that he wouldn’t block everyone from view. Velvet and Night Light took their spots, and waited for the photo to be taken.

“Okay. Is that everyone?” Ember asked.

The door opened, and in walked Pharynx.

“Oh, thank god. I’m not too late,” he said.

“Pharynx! Son of a gun, where have you been?” Sombra asked.

“I was just getting acquainted with my date for the party. There’s still going to be a party after this, right?” Pharynx asked.

“Of course there is. But, now I’m curious: who’s your date?” Ember asked.

In came Tempest.

“Sorry. I forgot to leave my gun in the car,” Tempest said.

Spike was surprised to see just how much things had changed. When he first saw Tempest and Pharynx in the same room, Pharynx was beating her bloody with a broken phone. Now, there they were, dressed in their best, and going to a party together.

“Introduce us after the picture. Come on, you two. Over there,” Ember said, hustling the new arrivals along.

Pharynx and Tempest took their spot next to Spike and Sweetie Belle.

“Hey there, kiddo,” Pharynx greeted them.

Spike didn’t say anything. As his parents set up the camera, and took their places with the others, he knew that everything was going to be alright from now on. And the moment frozen in time by the ensuing flash was going to be testament to that forever.

Comments ( 1 )

Really good story I like it when there’s a actual happening end Can’t wait for the next one you did a good job

Login or register to comment