• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 812 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Girls Spikebelle 3: Summer Vacation Part 2 - Chaos04



Spike and his friends have plans to make their summer vacation amazing, and one that will never be forgotten.

  • ...
7
 6
 812

Chapter 5: A Friendship Problem

Discord was bored. He was bored with the same jokes. He was bored with the same joke shop. He was especially bored with the same old merchandise the shop sold. Nothing new presented itself. Everything was the same as it was before.

“Why?” Discord wondered. “Why doesn’t anything interesting happen anymore? Same old, same old. I can’t cause any good mayhem with these things.”

“Hiya, Discord,” came an overly enthusiastic greeting from the side.

“Hey, Pinkie,” Discord said, not even having to face her to know who it was. “Looking for new pranks too?”

“Yeah. But, I’ve already used everything in this place. I’m starting to think the world is liking jokes less these days,” Pinkie said.

“Seems that way,” Discord sighed, before he started leaving for the door. “I’m going to go do something else.”

“You’re going to talk to Fluttershy?” Pinkie said.

“Yup,” Discord answered.


Back in her house, Fluttershy sat on her bed, deep in thought.

Next to her, her pet rabbit, Angel Bunny had nudged his head beneath her hand to be stroked.

Fluttershy contemplated how Twilight and Discord hadn’t talked to each other much since Spike’s birthday party, and wondered why two of the dearest people in her life didn’t seem to be getting along.

She stopped petting Angel a moment, when her phone started ringing, and she answered it.

“Grrr!” Angel said, before thumping his feet on the bed, and nudging his head back beneath Fluttershy’s free hand.

Fluttershy sighed quietly at her rabbit’s demand for attention, and answered her phone.

“Hello?” she said.

“It’s me,” answered a familiar voice.

“Discord?” Fluttershy said, standing up from her bed. “Where are you now?”

“Grrr!” Angel said, before thumping again, and hopping to the desk where Fluttershy had placed her hand.

“I just took a trip downtown. But, then I decided I’d rather see you,” Discord said.

Fluttershy giggled at the notion, and held the phone in both her hands.

Angel growled and thumped again.

“Well, I’m not really busy at the moment. You can come over...if you want,” Fluttershy said.

“GRR!” *THUMP*

Fluttershy jumped away from her rabbit, shocked by the aggressive display of neediness. She ended up sprawled on the floor.

“Angel wants attention?” Discord asked.

“Uh-huh,” Fluttershy shuddered.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be there quick to save you from the big, bad bunny. I’ll be there within the next half hour, so I won’t be long. Love you.”

“I love you too,” Fluttershy said, before hanging up.

Angel hopped over to Fluttershy, and nudged his head under her hand once more.

Fumbling with her one hand, Fluttershy had some difficulty dialing Twilight’s number. Eventually, she decided to place her phone on the floor and dial that way. Once she sent the call, she picked her phone back up.

Within seconds, the call was answered.

“Fluttershy? What’s up?” Twilight asked.

“Nothing. I was just wondering...would you mind coming over? If you want to,” Fluttershy timidly requested.

“Of course I want to. But, why?” Twilight asked.

“I just...because I want to?”

“Okay. Fair enough. I’ll be there in an hour.”

“Could you be here in a half hour?” Fluttershy said.

“Alright. If you really want me there that badly,” Twilight said.

“Okay. Thank you. Bye.”

“Goodbye, Fluttershy.”

The half hour passed quicker than Fluttershy could have known. Before she even knew it, there was a knock on her door.

Most people would have stood up from their seat. Instead, Fluttershy leapt like a rabbit from her seat. Unfortunately, Angel was on her lap at the time, and went flying to the floor.

Fluttershy landed in front of her bedroom door, and quickly rushed to her front door to receive her guests.

“Discord!” she said, throwing her arms around her boyfriend.

“Gree-tings, gorgeous,” Discord said, returning the embrace.

Fluttershy returned the affection with a peck on Discord’s cheek.

“I like the service here. Does this appetizer come with a full course?” Discord said, as returned multiple tiny kisses all over Fluttershy’s face.

Between the sounds of smooching and Fluttershy’s giggling, there came another noise. The sound of a car pulling up to the curb out front that caught the attention of the two.

“Expecting more company?” Discord asked.

“Yes,” Fluttershy simply replied.

“Flutter-honey, I’m heartbroken. I thought we were exclusive,” Discord said.

“It’s just Twilight,” Fluttershy giggled. “Stay here. I’m going to go bring her inside.”

Discord didn’t know what to make of this suddenly odd arrangement, but saw no harm in waiting for Fluttershy to receive her friend.

“Hi, Fluttershy,” Twilight greeted.

“Twilight. Oh, I’m so happy you came,” Fluttershy said.

“Why? We see each other almost every day,” Twilight said. Although, they hadn’t been seeing as much of one another since Fluttershy and Discord began dating. “So, what was so important that I had to come here?”

“Nothing--I mean, it’s inside--I mean...I’ll show you,” Fluttershy said.

Inside, Discord waited patiently, until Fluttershy arrived with Twilight.

“Hey, Twilight,” Discord greeted.

“Discord,” was all Twilight said.

And that was all anyone said. Fluttershy looked between the two of them, waiting for something more to be said. But, it didn’t seem like anyone had much more to convey. In the spirit of being a good hostess, Fluttershy decided to jumpstart the conversation.

“So...how are things?” Fluttershy asked.

“Fine,” Twilight said.

“Just dandy,” Discord answered.

“I’m just asking, because it doesn’t seem like you two are talking to each other very much anymore. Is something wrong?”

“Nope. Everything’s fine. Twilight’s just as organised, narrow-minded and tight-assed as normal,” Discord said.

“And Discord’s as chaotic, deceptive and lackadaisical like always,” Twilight replied.

“See? Everything’s just peachy,” Discord said.

Fluttershy could plainly see there was something wrong. Something that she would have to fix.

“I can see that something’s making you both upset. But, shouldn’t you two talk about it? After all, if you really like being friends, you should try to make things better between yourselves,” Fluttershy said.

“You want to talk? Okay, let’s talk,” Discord said. “She is always going through my locker at school. Cleaning it out, getting rid of everything she thinks I don’t need. And always without my say-so!”

“Well, if you stopped stealing my school supplies, I might not have to! Seriously, don’t you ever bring your own pencils to school? Maybe a notebook or two?” Twilight rebutted.

“It’s because I used mine for paper airplanes!” Discord said.

“That’s another thing: who needs all those joke supplies in their locker? You had enough exploding pens to blow up a small town, and not a single textbook! I don’t even know what Fluttershy sees in a boy like you!”

As soon as the words left Twilight’s mouth, she knew she had taken things a step too far.

Discord said nothing. He slowly stepped closer to Twilight, pointed a single finger at her, and silently walked away.

“Discord. Wait,” Fluttershy said.

Nothing she could have said would have made Discord stay. She could only watch helplessly as he walked away from her.