• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 811 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Girls Spikebelle 3: Summer Vacation Part 2 - Chaos04



Spike and his friends have plans to make their summer vacation amazing, and one that will never be forgotten.

  • ...
7
 6
 811

Chapter 2: Beach Date

It was a pleasant day out when Spike decided to spend time at the mall with Discord and Thorax. The girls were busy that day, so the guys took the opportunity to spend time with one another.

At the mall’s food court, Spike had just finished receiving the order he and the others had placed, and returned to his table.

“Alright. Which one of those is my corned beef?” Thorax wondered.

“Let’s see,” Spike said, looking at the initials on each sandwich’s wrapper. He found the one with ‘CB’ written in black marker. “Here.”

Thorax gladly took the sandwich and unwrapped it, briefly taking a moment to marvel at the stack of slow-cooked beef that was stuffed between two slices of marbled rye, and piled high with onion, radish and swiss cheese.

Spike took the next sandwich, and saw it was not his.

“What’s ‘PBB?’” Spike wondered.

“Peanut butter and bologna. Thaaank you,” Discord said, as he took his sandwich, and side of coleslaw.

“That reminds me: yoink!” Thorax said, as he took his serving of potato skins.

Spike put the tray down, and took his own serving of Monte Cristo and a side of fried fish fillets.

“So, what’s the haul? What have we hunters of the retail bagged on our trip?” Thorax asked, before taking a bite of his sandwich.

Both of the others shook their heads. Clearly, Twilight’s academia was influencing Thorax.

Discord reached into his bag first, and produced a box of exploding pens, a dog whistle, invisible ink and a spinning bow tie.

“I did a little browsing in the joke shop. Here, Spike, write something,” Discord said, offering a pen to Spike.

“Not even. I saw the box it came from,” Spike said. He reached into his own bag, and produced a video game, fresh and new in its cellophane. “Now, while you just got something for a quick guffaw, I got something worthwhile. Jealous?”

Thorax smirked at the others, feeling as if his purchase could trump both of the others.

“You think that’s worthwhile? Take a look at these little beauties,” Thorax said, as he revealed three books. Two of them were history books, the third was an encyclopaedia of scientific theory.

Now, it was Spike and Discord’s turn to smirk. Spike even chuckled quietly at the sight of what Thorax had bought.

“What is it?” Thorax asked.

“This was supposed to be a guy day,” Discord said.

“Do you really want us to think that you bought those books for yourself?” Spike added.

“Ah...I just...This might sound kind of wimpy, but I kind of miss Twilight right now,” Thorax said, as he turned a brighter shade of red.

“Aw, come on. You can’t be serious. You’re just spending one day apart from each other,” Discord said, as he dipped his sandwich into his coleslaw, before taking a bite.

“I know. It’s just that this is our first time spending a day without each other. I never realized what I had with her before. Like, the closeness and the intimacy is good. But, it just feels so weird not learning about physics and foreign languages without her around. It’s almost like some part of me I never knew I needed has gone missing,” Thorax explained.

Spike sighed internally, as he took a bite of his fish fillets. What Thorax said had actually made perfect sense to him. The way he felt about Twilight was exactly how he felt about Sweetie Belle. Without her, he may well have continued his criminal ways, and gone down the dark path Pharynx had intended for him.

“I’m no mind reader, but I think the squirt here agrees with you,” Discord said.

“That’s right. I forgot that Spike here’s gotten a little lady love of his own lately,” Thorax said, trying anything to take the attention off of himself.

“I didn’t get a lady love. She’s just my girlfriend is all,” Spike said through a mouthful of monte cristo.

“You should feel honored. Most kids your age don’t even start about dating for another year. Must be one of those early bloomers,” Discord teased.

“I’m not blooming anything. I just met a girl. I liked her. I went out with her,” Spike said.

“Okay, okay. No need to take it personal,” Discord said.

For the next few seconds, each of the boys was silent. The only time they opened their mouths was to take another bite of their respective foods.

“It kind of sucks without Fluttershy around,” Discord conceded.

The other boys hid their amicable smiles by taking a bite of their sandwiches. Discord didn’t need to see them to know that they empathized.


After lunch at the mall, the guys all decided to head home. Spike, on the other hand, took a detour to go to Carousel Boutique. After the talk with the others, he decided that he did truly want to see Sweetie Belle that day.

There it was. Partway down the path he was on, Carousel Boutique stood out like a jewel among garbage.

When he was at the front door, Spike could hear something. A simple melody hummed from the top floor of the boutique, which heated his heart as each note reached his ears.

With a twirl of his fist, Spike rapped his knuckles on the front door. A few seconds later, the door opened, revealing Rarity.

“Spike? Isn’t this a pleasant surprise. My sister said you were spending the day apart from one another,” Rarity said.

“I know. But, I got thinking that I really wanted to see her today,” Spike answered.

“Ah, yes. The longing of a young heart’s--”

“Sweetie Belle’s upstairs, right?” Spike said, cutting Rarity off before she could wax romantic.

“Yes. Wait inside, while I retrieve her,” Rarity said.

“I think it would be better if I went to her myself,” Spike said, letting himself in, and heading upstairs.

“How very presumptuous,” Rarity thought. But, she couldn’t remain indignant. After all, this was how children grew up.

Spike scurried his way upstairs to the direction he heard the humming coming from. Behind one of the doors, it was the loudest. Spike cracked the door open, and found Sweetie Belle lying on her bed with her headphones on. Her eyes were shut, making this the perfect opportunity for some romantic spontaneity.

Quickly and quietly, Spike opened the door and crept across the floor to Sweetie’s bedside. There, he stopped and took one long look at her.

She looked so beautiful lying on her bed. Her curly hair strewn about across her pillow made Spike think of the ocean waves of the beach where they had their first friendly encounter.

Slowly, Spike leaned his face closer to Sweetie Belle’s, ever careful not to put any of his weight on her mattress. Once he was close enough, he placed his hands on Sweetie’s waist, alerting her to his presence.

Before she even had a chance to open her eyes, Sweetie Belle felt the unmistakable warmth of a pair of lips pressed against her own.

There was no guessing who had suddenly arrived. Reaching up, Sweetie wrapped her arms around Spike’s shoulders. She opened her eyes, and saw Spike pulling his face away from her own, and smiled.

“Got tired of spending the day with the guys, huh?” Sweetie said.

“They were boring. All they talked about was girls,” Spike said.

“So, that’s what guys talk about when there are no girls around. And I always thought it was all about power tools and monster trucks,” Sweetie Belle joked, as she brushed her fingertips against Spike’s bangs.

“Just for those guys who are really insecure. Us real men talk about how much we missed our girlfriends all the time,” Spike said.

Sweetie laughed as she sat up and kissed Spike again.

“You know, I don’t have anything planned today. Want to go do something? Maybe the two of us can go to the beach again?” Sweetie suggested.

“I’d be upset if you didn’t want to,” Spike said.

“Okay. I’ll go grab us a change of clothes, and we can be on our way.”


A tram ride and a short walk later, Spike and Sweetie Belle were overlooking the beach. The sky was clear and the wind was low. The perfect day for a trip to the beach.

Spike was already laid out on his towel, his black shades shielding his eyes from the rays of the sun.

The sound of footsteps caught his attention, and Spike turned his head to see a pair of feet stop before him. Lowering his shades to his nose, Spike slowly cast his gaze upward, and saw Sweetie Belle changed into her usual white and purple bikini. Even now, he was amazed by the fact that her arm was no longer scarred by his actions. It was as if he was given a complete do over for all of his misdeeds.

With a smile, Sweetie Belle laid down on the towel next to Spike and wrapped her arms around him.

Spike returned the affection and held tightly to Sweetie Belle, as though he never intended to let her go.

The two laid under the sun for many minutes, sharing not a word, but only the love that warmed them more than the sun above. And it would be this way forever and always.