• Published 4th Aug 2018
  • 811 Views, 6 Comments

Equestria Girls Spikebelle 3: Summer Vacation Part 2 - Chaos04



Spike and his friends have plans to make their summer vacation amazing, and one that will never be forgotten.

  • ...
7
 6
 811

Chapter 1: A New Day

The sun rose high in the sky bringing forth a new day.

Spike was asleep in his room, dreaming of his life before. It had only been a week ago since he defeated a mianicle mad man, reunited with his parents, and acquired a new girlfriend. For everything that he had been through, things were starting to look up for him.

He opened his eyes with a yawn. This was where he longed to be: his old room in his old house, with his family as a whole waiting for him.

Spike jumped out of bed, changed his clothes and tidied his sheets. Then, he made his way downstairs to his kitchen. Ever since he came into possession of Discord’s chaotic magic, he was looking forward to moments like this every day.

Downstairs in the kitchen, Spike was greeted by the sight of his mum carrying a plate of pancakes.

“Good morning, Spike,” Ember said, setting breakfast on the table, before taking her seat. “Boys. Breakfast,” she called to the parlour.

Like a couple of dogs called to mealtime, Sombra hurried into the room, followed by Pharynx. Both men quickly sat at the table and served themselves on the plates that were set for them.

“You two took your time getting here. I almost didn’t think you were coming,” Ember joked.

“What? And miss out on the chance to have a breakfast made by you? Never,” Pharynx said.

“Psh. Mooch,” Sombra said.

“I don’t mooch. I just come over for breakfast because I know you’d all miss me,” Pharynx answered.

Spike ate his breakfast in silence, watching the adults interact. This past week had been the best of his life, ever since he had his parents back the way they used to be. No more attempted murders. No more fatal arson. Nothing. Just the loving family he wanted. More still, Pharynx had gone from the psychotic killer he fought against before to a caring friend.

“Oh, I just remembered something. Excuse me, I'll be right back. Just have to get something from my car,” Pharynx said, as he got out of his seat, and left the house to his car.

“I wonder what he forgot,” Spike said.

Moments later, Pharynx walked back inside with a medium sized box in hand.

“What's that?” Spike asked.

“I was saving this for your birthday, but I’d rather give it to you now,” Pharynx said before placing the box on the table next to Spike's plate.

Spike moved the plate to make room for the box, anticipating what may be inside. For the grief Pharynx had caused him before, he was cautious to the gift’s nature. Still, for the preceding week, Pharynx had been nothing but good to him and his family.

The boy started to open the box, and what was inside made his eyes go wide.

“An Xbox One!? Wow! Sweet,” Spike said admiring the the gift. He looked back into the box finding a few games.

“So. Spike how's Sweetie Belle doing?” Pharynx asked.

“I honestly have no clue. I haven't seen her since we went to the waterpark, and that was a week ago,” Spike answered.

After they all finished breakfast, Spike was cleaning the dishes. Pharynx had already left a while ago, leaving the others to clean up his mess.

Spike stacked a few plates, until a knock on the door gained his attention.

“Sweetie? Finally,” Spike thought, as he walked to the door. Instead of Sweetie Belle, he found Twilight.

“Hi, Spike,” Twilight greeted with a wave.

“Hi, Twi. How's it going?” Spike said, hiding his disappointment at the arrival.

“Good. I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach. It beats staying indoors on a day like this,” Twilight said.

“Sure, I've got nothing else to do. Wait here,” Spike said. He almost left to change into his beach clothes, but stopped when a question occurred to him. “I almost forgot: have you seen Sweetie Belle around?”

“Sorry, I haven’t. But, you might wanna start getting ready. And maybe bring some sunscreen,” Twilight said.

After Spike changed, and finished packing, he went to meet Twilight at her car, which was parked at the curb in front of his house. To his surprise, Twilight’s boyfriend, Thorax was not seated in the front seat.

“All set?” Twilight asked.

“Yep. Let’s go,” Spike affirmed.

And they were off to the beach.


At the beach, Twilight parked her car, and exited with Spike. Spike quickly ran to the wall that overlooked the beach, and surveyed the scenery. There below, he spotted Sweetie Belle sunning herself on a towel.

“Sweetie Belle!” Spike called to her.

Sweetie sat up and turned around, just in time to see Spike hop over the wall to the sand. With a smile blooming across her face, Sweetie quickly stood up and rushed to greet him.

They met halfway, and received one another with a loving embrace. The momentum of Sweetie jumping to Spike made the boy spin, twirling Sweetie around, before putting her back on the ground.

“Sweetie, why haven’t you come to see me? I’ve been trying to get ahold of you for almost a week,” Spike said.

“Uh, yeah. Sorry. Me and the others have been kind of busy lately. I wanted to see you too, but it just kind of slipped my mind. Sorry. I’m still getting used to this whole having a boyfriend thing,” Sweetie apologized.

Spike had missed this. Even though they were not lying in the sand together, it seemed just like the days when he and Sweetie belle would stay the night on the beach.

Twilight walked down from the steps that led to the sand, and watched the two younger kids. She could only wonder what Rarity must have felt to watch her sister growing up so suddenly.

Over the course of hours, sandcastles were built, they swam in the water, seashells were collected until their pockets were filled to capacity. By the end of the day, Spike and Sweetie Belle were laying on their beach towels, taking in the warmth of the sun’s last rays.

“Alright. It looks like we should be heading home now,” Twilight said.

Neither of the others wanted to go. But, for all sensible reasons, they couldn’t stay on the beach all night, leaving their families to worry.

Spike and Sweetie followed Twilight up to her car, and took their seat hand in hand in the back. Up front, Twilight glanced at them in her rearview mirror, before she started the car and drove off.


After dropping off Sweetie Belle at her house, Twilight pulled up to the curb in front of Spike’s house to drop him off.

“Thanks for bringing me, Twi. I really appreciate it. And thanks for thinking to bring Sweetie along. Seeing her was the best part of today,” Spike said.

“I just thought you two needed a little coaxing to get back together,” Twilight said. “Well, I’d better get home. Hopefully I'll see you around,” Twilight said, as Spike got out of the car.

“Bye,” Spike said, before Twilight drove off. He walked to his front door, a smile on his face as he went inside.