• Published 11th Jun 2018
  • 1,540 Views, 3 Comments

Unconnected Harmony - Lethrael



What if? What if the elemnts of harmony weren't just corrupted by the mean six. What if they were disconnected from the recent bearers of harmony instead? Who is the next in line? The young six of course!

  • ...
0
 3
 1,540

Unconnected Harmony

It was a day worse, than the days before. Worse than every day before.
At least from a certain point of view.
From another one it was just an ordinary Tuesday in Canterlot.
It was a day where darkness would reign and thunder would strike.
In certain areas.
In other ones the sun would shine the whole day and birds would sing all along.
It was the beginning of a friendship mission extraordinary, a mission for all the ponies in stake.
Or a boring school days for others.

The six friendship teachers had to teach classes, as the map called somecreature. Somecreature new and unexpected.
A young earthpony, struggling in a design class, pricked his hoof with a sharp needle, as his Cutie Mark started to glow and Rarity shrieked surprised, as she saw it.
Sandbar just gaped at his Cutie Mark and seemed to get lost in the strange feeling.

A small nymph tried to tell another creature about her feelings of getting hugged.
And got hugged by a surprised pink ball of energy, as her carapace started to shine in a gentle light.
Ocellus couldn't gather any clear thought and just stayed motionless in Pinkies bone crushing,
but not really because of the lack of bones, hug.

A mighty dragon teen got all fuzzy about a honest to bake an apple pie, but burned it to crisp,
as her spikes glow and a surprised yell from her orange teacher stopped her fire breath.
Smolder already lost her temper again, but remembered Spike's story after a few moments of staring.

A strong and almighty yak stood in a pound of water, beside her cyan teacher and tried to mimic her movements,
but smashed through the wooden barriers with a powerful thrust, as her horns started to buzz and she whelped excited.
Yona just felt the strange vibration in her head and tripped over her wet mane, s she tried to run for a mirror.

An energetic hippogriff tried to sit still and listened to a really interesting fact about a small cute creature, as her mane started to crackle and a gush of spray wet her table, as she tried to stroke it.
Silverstreak cocked her head, as Fluttershy scratched her head very confused and whispered something about a break.

A snarky, but undoubtedly clever griffon sat alone in the library under the sharp eyes of his teacher and finished his forgotten essay,
as his head feathers fluffed and he started to sneeze endlessly.
Gallus looked to a confused gaping Twilight and started to stammer in between the sneezes,
that he didn't do it on purpose and that he hoped, that he wouldn't get sick.


The whole shenanigan got way more out of hoof, or claw, as all six teachers and the six students gathered in the principals office
and only Rarity's and Apple Jack's student were easily identified by called by the map syndrome.
Twilight tried to explain, how that was possible, but her confusion grow more and more,
as Starlight teleported into her room with a strange affirmation,
that indeed six symbols were circling around the location of the tree of harmony and just one of them was a Cutie Mark.
Twilight tried to explain what happened, but as Spike rushed into the room as well, the whole thing went down the hayball.
The six students tried to comfort themselves about their worries.
Fluttershy listened and tried to encourage them as well.
Applejack just asked Twilight the same question over and over, if Smolder would be okay on her first mission ever, and if she should go with her.
Rarity tried to organize a bandage for the almost forgotten needle prick and proved her teaching spirit in contrary to her usual fabulousness.
Rainbow tried to exclaim everything to Twilight and got louder and louder in the process.
And Pinkie Pie was extra special and bounced around the mane 6 to play at so many parties as she could.
She asked with Rainbow, tried to encourage Ocellus and apologized for her overbearing hugs.
Twilight had enough and yelled finally.
“Would you all please stop?”
Everycreature felt silent and looked to her. The alicorn cleared her throat and put on a faked smile.
“Okay, we just have to go to the element of harmony and everything will work out, fine.
Shall we.
It really isn't that far away, right?”


The trip into the Everfree forest after their uncountable numbers of trips were merciful short and nerve racking at the same time.
Questions lingered in everycreatures minds, as they approached the castle more and more.
Twilights structured mind set a checklist of worries in motion.
“The tree of harmony isn't sick, or is it?
Maybe the six shall learn about an issue of history?
Maybe the tree of harmony needs help with...”
She trailed off, as she finally saw the stairs down to the tree of harmony and nothing seemed to be wrong.
But what was the emergency than, and why would the map, or the tree call the six creatures here?

Twilight couldn't wait and glided down into the tree vault instead. A few chunks of wood laid beside the tree and she cocked her head, as she tried to understand what the matter was with it.
The tree was in almost perfect condition and seemed to be in good health, so, what was the matter here?
Twilight circled around the crystal shape and tried to examine every little thing.
Something caught her eyes, as she hovered in front of her own element.
A small detail in the middle of the star, a crack and a symbol beside it.
But the voices outside got louder and hooves mixed in with paws, and claws and wings entered the vault.
The tree did something as soon as the six students entered the vault and before Twilight was able to turn around and face the group.
It started to reach out to every small creature with shimmering lights and touched them on their foreheads.
Tendrils of light joined in from the different elements, shone down onto one creature and covered them into auras full of light.
The warm light embraced them, lifted them and formed a small crystal necklace in the process.
The six teachers gaped mouth wide open to the small bodies ahead and Twilight asked one question.
“What by Celestia happened?”


Speaking of which, Celestia sat down after a boring day of nothingness in her favorite comvy chair and stirred a small cup of cocoa.
She looked to her picture wall and sighed a relived sigh, as she saw her eyes felt on her closest friend, beside her family.
Twilight Sparkle, first without wings, than a proud little princess and finally with her students in her school.
A puff of smoke and green flames caught her attention and she caught the scroll, as she appeared.
She inspected the seal and smiled, as she recognized it. She hadn't expected a letter from Twilight, but smiled nevertheless, as she opened it.
She took a small sip of her sweet cocoa and read it.

Celestia,

we've gotten a huge problem.

There was something strange with the whole setup and Celestia put down her cup, after she drank half of it. No need to spill it, because Twilight got to excited.

As you know, we were connected to the tree of harmony be our elements and...

Celestia just rolled her eyes, she was very well aware of that and was proud of her student..

She levitated a quill and a sheet in front of her and started to write back, as she read the last few sentences.

But recently something strange happened with the tree of harmony, and I can't reach out for Starswirl as easy as I can reach out for you, so please send me an advise.
It seems, that the tree had chosen six students of mine and gifted them with new elements of harmony.
I think something is happening and I don't know how to handle it.
I really really need your held.
Yours faithful friend

Twilight Sparkle.

Celestia stared at the letter and took a deep breath. It had happened, the unpredictable had happened.
The tree has chosen another one to protect it. A new band of friends. A new hope for all of Equestira and beyond.
Celestia sighed nervously, dipped the quill into the ink and started to write.

Dear Twilight,

I'm afraid I have bad news for you...

Author's Note:

Well I know that this is just a short story.
But I think it's a good one, actually.
If you want to, ripp it into pieces.
Or feel free to comment if you liked it actually.
Do your best/worst.

Comments ( 3 )

The tree and elements should be demolished. ^^

I think in the episode the elements weren't corrupted at all by the Mean Six--they just weren't fooled for a second by the imposters and the tree defended itself accordingly.

Still, this is an interesting idea, and as an AU, I think there's a greater story that could be told here. :twilightsmile:

You know, part of me actually HOPES something like this happens in the show. Granted, i highly doubt the tree's been tainted by the Mean Six, or anything like that. But what if something happens by the time season 9 aka the last season arrives? The way season 8's been shaping up, the student six feel as though they're alot more important than we realize. It honestly feels like the season is developing them. Letting them grow as characters. Setting them up for something. Maybe preparing them for when it becomes their time to become the protectors of Equestria? From where I sit, they each resemble the main six in some way. So there is a STRONG possibility of the Student Six potentially being made into their successors.

Fight me, anyone. I welcome the challenge.:D

Login or register to comment