• Published 28th May 2018
  • 2,523 Views, 390 Comments

The Time Thief - Reading4HalfMyLife



Starlight and Twilight's daughter becomes trapped in a time loop

  • ...
19
 390
 2,523

PreviousChapters Next
Loop 38

"You wrote the notes that appeared in my bedroom. Don't try to deny it, they smelled fruity like your magic."

". . Misty Rose?"

"Misty Rose. I have to ask, out of all the aliases you could of have used, why Discord?"

"Why not? What alias would you chose if you're going into hiding?"

"If this is what you call hiding, I'd hate to see you trying to garner attention."

"Lucky for us all I am but a modest draconequus."

"Yeah. Lucky. So."

"So?"

"Can you undo the loops?"

"What do I look like? A God? Oh, right. But, uh, no, no I cannot. I have no power over Time. The only two ponies who can help you are Kronos or Ebony."

"Ebony? What does she have to do with this?"

"You have read my totally not diary entries right? You do know Ebony stole our magic, right?"

"Yeah, but you got it back."

" . . ."

". . ."

"You didn't get it back."

"Nope."

"So, a psychotic God is running around with Time, Space, Chaos, Harmony and Light magic?"

"Gee, when you put it like that, it really sounds bad. . . did you just snarl at me?"

"Maybe."

"Okay, okay fine! Here's the thing; Ebony is locked up somewhere where I can confirm she hasn't gotten out of. Even if she had access to her Time magic, she wouldn't spend it trapping you in a loop. That only leaves Kronos who's been MIA for a long while, and is such a straight arrow that she made Harmonia look like, well, me, in comparison."

"But, you think one of them is responsible."

" . . I do. I sensed some strong Time magic, and traced it back to here. Upon finding out the cause, I gained all memories of past loops. There's only two beings that are capable of that amount of raw Time magic, and, hint, it's not your mom."

"Okay . .what did you mean by I was being watched?"

"I meant you should go frolicking in a field of daisies. What do you think? Either Kronos or Ebony- or both? Who knows?- is watching you."

"Is there a way to get them to back off?"

"Probably not."

"Gee, thanks. Absolutely useles."

"Hey! If you can find a way to find what form they're taking, you might be able to confront them. You will probably die. You will almost certainly die."

" . . . I like my odds."

"Thought you would now- wait. You hear that?"

"Ponies?"

"No."

"The wind? Birdsongs? A cat-"

"Goobye Astral."

"No,wait!-"

Author's Note:

Discord is really hard to write. And I tried my hand at a new style, dialogue only.

PreviousChapters Next