• Published 28th May 2018
  • 2,538 Views, 390 Comments

The Time Thief - Reading4HalfMyLife



Starlight and Twilight's daughter becomes trapped in a time loop

  • ...
19
 390
 2,538

PreviousChapters Next
59 Pt 1

Celestia was awoken from her slumber by a very loud knock at her door. Groaning, she stumbled in it's direction as she opened it with her magic to see her former pupils daughter standing there.

"Astral Plane!" She said, shocked, hurrying to tower over the small unicorn. "What are you doing here?"

Very carefully, Astral undid her scarf and dropped it at Celestia's hooves. "Princess Celestia, I formally challenge you and your sister, Princess Luna, to a duel."

It wasn't often that the noble diarch of the sun was gobsmacked. But this was one of those rare occasions that she couldn't even move, instead making a strange wheezing sound.

Astral raised an eyebrow, before turning around in the general vicinity of the kitchen. "I'm just, uh, gonna get some juice" she said awkwardly as she trotted away. "I hope, you're, uh, feeling better when I get back."


Two hours later, when all participants were fully awake and had completed any and all biological functions were met, Celestia, now in armor, shot a look at Luna, who gave her a similar one back, all confusion and partial amusement.

It had been a while since she had been in armor, she mused, staring down at her legs. Like all ponies, hers was based off the Armor of the Gods, and was a gold that could withstand her incredible heat.

Luna's was a bright silver that wouldn't frost over when she went all out. Luna was naturally more athletic than Celestia, with stronger Pegasi and Earth Pony Magic, and her war spells were more finely tuned.

But Celestia was better at the other types of Unicorn Magic, which just so happened to include Mind Magic.

What do you think she's planning? Confusion, intrigue

I'm not sure Bewilderment

Well maybe she's trying to. . . .

Luna trailed off as she saw Astral Plane step into the arena, decked out in proper armor. Celestia herself blinked at the strange design, but her eyes eventually went to the blade floating beside Astral, glowing a light blueish purple.

She actually knows Bladecasting Pleasant surprise

But she can't seriously think she can take us both at once, in a match where magics allowed Disbelief

Apparently she does Doubt


Ignoring their silent but obvious conversation, and the spectators watching from the side, Astral instead carefully chose her spot between the two Alicorns a ways away.

She knew not to show her Shards. She had spent several loops making new Shards, until she was semi satisfied. The Alicorn sisters still had more than her, at twenty five Shards, while she only had twenty four.

Oh well, she would have to work with what she got; a ton of spells and years of training for this very moment.

So Astral crouched low and got ready to run. Luna and Celestia would be faster than her, stronger than her, and have access to magic she just didn't have, so she would have to be moving the second that bell rang.


It looks like she's going to rush us Annoyance That's a dumb tactic

Unless she's planning to dodge when the bell rings, that's not a bad one

RING!

Immediately, Luna sent fifteen of her Shards blitzing towards the Unicorn. Astral, who, as predicted, had taken off the second the bell rang, got maybe two steps before the Shards were inches away from her.

For a second, Celestia felt a spike of anxiety. What if she got hurt?

In some dueling matches, the opponent may not show you their Shards immediately. The counter to that, of course, was to force them to show you their Shards by making them break up their Blade.

Instead, Astral's horn glowed, and, with a muffled boom, the Shards went flying out of the air.

The Concussive Spell. Huh. She knows the-

Celestia swung her blade, Lux, towards Astral, who scrambled under it, and placed her front hooves on Celestia's back, using her as a gymnastics horse to hop over.

The two Alicorns, shocked, turned to face the little Unicorn, who was standing on the sandy surface waiting for them, blade drawn and a scowl settled on her face. Murmurs and whispers ping ponged across the spectators gallery, and Celestia could clearly hear Starlight and Twilight, who had raced down here when they heard the news, along with their friends, wondering who taught Astral Bladecasting.

Who indeed?

But the message from Astral's little stunt was clear: Don't underestimate me.

Celestia shared a glance with Luna as they both smiled and readied their Blades.

Finally, a challenge.

Now this, this would be fun.

PreviousChapters Next