• Published 28th May 2018
  • 2,523 Views, 390 Comments

The Time Thief - Reading4HalfMyLife



Starlight and Twilight's daughter becomes trapped in a time loop

  • ...
19
 390
 2,523

PreviousChapters Next
Loop 77

It was Pinkie’s fault for leaving the mustache out in the open like that.

Really. What, did she think Astral was a saint?

Add that to the cool robe she had found earlier, and the mangy street cat and . .


"Someone’s attacking!" The stallion had cried, bursting into the meeting between the elements unprompted.

That was the only warning they got before they all collapsed to the ground from some kind of shock wave. Twilight gathered herself first, pushing herself up onto all fours with a grim look at her friends.

“Come on!” She yelled behind her as she cantered out the door, only to skid to a stop at the sight before her.

Giant holes in the stonework, the hay blown odd several roofs, ponies running around like headless chickens . . .

It was chaos.

Twilight shot a suspicious glance over her shoulder, expecting to see a laughing Discord, or at least Eclipse, but no.

Which meant it wasn’t them.

The draconequi(ne) would never pass up the opportunity to gloat.

She turned back around with a growl, only for it to turn into a yelp as yet another blast hit just in front of her feet.

Not hitting me, she realized. Just scaring.

Her friends crashed into her due to the sudden stop,and the princess tumbled head over hooves to land in the small crater. Groaning, she gave the sheepish Rainbow a death glare.

“Uh . . sorry?”

“It’s fine” she gritted out as she pulled herself up out of the hole, craning her head back to see what was in the sky.

It seemed to be some kind of weird force shield, hovering over the town. Every now and then it would shoot out some lasers to hit the town beneath it.

Twilight’s fur prickled uneasily. That’s some higher magic . . .

But that also meant the perpetrator was in there.

Her fiends, knowing what she was going to do, all sighed and stepped a little closer.

“Oh, I hate teleporting” Rarity whined before they all vanished.

They reappeared inside the sphere, stumbling a little at the smooth surface. Ignoring her friends whining about how annoying teleportation was, Twilight scanned the sphere, and stopped.

There was a swivel chair in the very center of the room. Twilight’s horn started to glow, only for Pinkie to hit it lightly, causing the sparks to fizzle out. “No, silly!” She hissed. “You gotta get closer and give ‘em a chance!”

Pinkie called me silly. I need to lay down.

But instead she took a step closer to the chair, the others following behind. She could hear Rainbow whisper “wait for it . . “ under her breath.

And, as if in response, the chair spun around to reveal a figure, a ratty cloak around their shoulders and a cat in one hoof, which they stroked softly as they stared back at the group, an evil grin under their handlebar mustache.

“A-astral?”

Twilight watched in disbelief as her daughter laughed, high pitched, shaking her head as her magic twirled the fake stache contemplatively. “Hello mother.”

“Is that my mustache?” Pinkie interjected, storming forwards so they were muzzle to muzzle.

Going cross eyed, Astral let out a soft “maybe.”

“Astral!” Twilight scolded, horrified. “You shouldn’t steal! That’s mean!”

The little Unicorn stared at her mother for a moment in disbelief. “But mooooom, I’m a supervillian now! I needed a mustache!”

Twilight laughed at her.

“Oh sweetie, you’re not a supervillian.”

“Yeah I am!” Astral stamped a hoof petulantly. “Did you see the explosions?”

“Yes I did” the Alicorn gushed. “And you’ve really improved! You weren’t even able to levitate a father, and now look! Oh, I’m so proud of you!”

Astral just stared at her blankly for a moment, before turning to the other elements. “You’re hearing this, right?”

Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rainbow still looked unsure, but Rarity and Applejack had completely relaxed at this point. Seeing their friends questioning look, Rarity just said “our son, Apple Jewell, he had an emo phase as well.”

The other three let out “ahs’” and “I see”s.

“It’s not a phase” Astral wailed. “And I am not an emo!”

Rarity gave her the look, the ‘of course you’re not sweetheart’ look.

“Great. This is, this is wonderful. You know, I thought my current circumstances would be a good enough villain motivation, but I’ve just decided, this entire conversation is the reason why I’m doing what I’m doing.” Astral’s muzzle wrinkled. “I hope you guys are happy.”

Twilight beamed as her daughter teleported out. “Oh, she’s more like her mother every day!”

Author's Note:

Oh thank God!

My internet shut down for a bit, so I wasn't sure if I could post this!

Praise the weeb god!

PreviousChapters Next