• Published 28th May 2018
  • 2,522 Views, 390 Comments

The Time Thief - Reading4HalfMyLife



Starlight and Twilight's daughter becomes trapped in a time loop

  • ...
19
 390
 2,522

PreviousChapters Next
Loop 22

"Astral!" A very familiar voice cried as the unicorn walked down the street. Astral suddenly found herself in a very tight hug, her hooves being lifted off the ground.

"Mimic?"

Spike and Thorax's daughter let out a little squee as she choked her Aunt even harder. Astral's eyes bulged before she dropped her. Gasping for breath, she also saw Spike and Thorax's son Dragonfly hurrying over, a scowl on his face.

"Mimi! Dad said no wandering off! You could get lost!" The hybrid snapped, pulling his sister away. "Hey Astral" he said in a much more civil tone, giving her a fanged smile.

"Hey Mimi, hey fly" she greeted, nuzzling the two. "What are you two doing here?"

"Granny Twi called, said it was important" Mimi chirped- literally. "Daddy and Pa came down here, and so we decided to join them."

"Gems, I always forget how bright it is here" Fly scrunched up his face and blew out a light blue flame out of his nostrils, frustrated.

"Wait, Uncle Spike and Thorax are here?"

"Yeah, at the castle- where are you going?"


Astral's hooves skidded against the slick floor as she raced down the halls of the castle. Turning a corner, she saw a purple dragon the size of Celestia deep in coversation with her mom. Beside him, a brightly colored creature with antlers was admiring the palace.

"Uncle Spike!" She squeled, surprising the dragon by throwing herself at him and throwing her hooves round the back of his neck. She springboarded off him into the other creatures outstretched arms. "Uncle Thorax!"

Thorax swung her around, before gently placing her back onto the ground. "Hey kid" Spike greeted her, bending low so they were muzzle to muzzle. "What's new?"

"Nothing much. Oh! I got my cutie mark!" She twisted around to show it off, preening at the excited noises her uncles gave. The sound of hooves alerted her to her niece and nephews arrival. Dragonfly and Mimic turned the corner and trotted over to join her.

"Next time, can you give us a warning before shooting off like that?" Fly asked, tail thrashing.

"Hey Granny Twi, hey Granny Light!" Mimi said, waving a claw cheerfully.

"Gods, I feel old" Starlight muttered, before brightening "hello Dragonfly! Hello Mimic! It's good to see you bot again. How's everything?"

Mimi's smile grew even larger somehow. "Great! Uncle Pharynx is still teaching me how to fight 'the Changeling way' , and Fly is coming along really far in his Ambassador training!"

Oh yeah, Mimi is training to be head of the Changeling Guard, Astral remembered.

"Okay, why don't you kids go off and play while the grown ups have some serious talk?" Spike ushered the three out of the room.


The problem, she found, with walking around with her niece and nephew was the attention it brought.

While a Princess drew enough attention in it's own right, having two brightly colored, dragon-changeling hybrids was practically a neon sign. Especially when one of the hybrids wouldn't sit still for two seconds.

"Oooooh, a new ice cream stall! When did they get that?" Mimi babbled as she zipped around, Fly and Astral plodding behind her on foot.

"Two years ago, we were there when it opened" Fly said, wincing like he had a headache.

"Oh yeah! It looks so different now! Did they renovate it?"

"They painted the door blue" Astral rolled her eyes.

"What's that?!" The girl zipped off again, stopping in front of a weathervane and inspecting it with great enthusiasm.

"Oh for fucks sake" Astral grumbled, before raising her voice. "It's not for eating! Now come on, let's go to Sugarcube Corner!"

"I don't know why you're complaining" Dragonfly snarked "I grew up with her."


"One strawberry vanilla milkshake, one vanilla milkshake with whipped cream and crushed gems and" Pinkie took a deep breath in "one caramel milkshake with whipped cream and crushed sapphires and rubies, two dollops of chocolate ice cream and two pints of bourbon."

"Thank you very much, Miss Pie" Dragonfly said as he took his drink. Astral could smell something strong coming from it, and after taking a couple of sips, he blew out bright green flames.

"The bourbon" he explained, seeing her staring. "Alcohol and flames don't mix. Sure is fun though."

Astral nodded, though she had no idea what alcohol was, besides a beverage she couldn't have ,though there was a pub in Ponyville now. Starlight had gotten very excited when she found out.

Wonder what it tastes like, she mused, sucking on her straw thoughtfully.


Fly was in the middle of telling Astral about the time he accidentally swallowed a rock when they entered the throne room.

Their parents faces were somber, as if they had never seen true joy before. Spike, upon seeing Astral, let out a little sniffle. "Kid . ."

"Don't do that" Astral pointed at him. "Don't you dare pity me. I get enough of it as it is, I don't need more."

The adults faces crumpled, and Astral winced at the sharp twang of guilt in her stomach. Dragonfly and Mimic gave her confused looks, but she was already dragging them away.

I've had to comfort others too many times for my liking, I am not doing it again.


She had just said goodbye to her niece and nephew when she spotted it; a book on invisibility.

Astral ran her hoof over the cover, thoughtful, before grinning.

Author's Note:

Spike trying to be a cool older brother but failing.

I am in the middle of a writers block; I know the overarching plot but filler chapters are hard for me. I will take suggestions for things Astral can do for fun, I already plan for some drunken shenanigans and some pranks.

PreviousChapters Next