• Published 28th May 2018
  • 2,523 Views, 390 Comments

The Time Thief - Reading4HalfMyLife



Starlight and Twilight's daughter becomes trapped in a time loop

  • ...
19
 390
 2,523

PreviousChapters Next
Loop 86

Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, had rushed home in a flurry of worry. Her day with her oldest, and only, son was cut abruptly short when it was discovered that Astral Plane was missing.

By the time she reached home again, search parties had already came and went, bearing no luck searching for the missing Princess.

She found Starlight holed up in the throne room, tears running down her cheeks as she saw Twilight. "I'm sorry!" She burst out, curling in on herself as sobs shook her body. Twi pulled her in, resting her cheek on her wife's head.

"It's okay, I can fix this, I will fix-"

They had no warning, no bright light or sudden sound, but suddenly, instantly, the two's vision blacked out for a split second.

Twilight had heard about this before, about magical blasts so powerful they could temporarily deafen and blind you. She scrambled awkwardly, feeling fur brush her own as someone flew past her.

Her vision returned, but she was already moving, ducking to avoid a lazer and constructing a shield around herself and Starlight. The two turned to face the assailant, a masked pony, who watched them for a second, before their horn glowed and the shield cracked and crumbled around them.

Faster than they could react, the pony lunged, flipping onto Twilight's back and forcing her to the ground, before using her as a springboard to tackle Starlight, falling into a roll and using their momentum to throw her against the wall.

Twilight's magic sparked with her rage, but the pony simply sidestepped the laser, and seamlessly grabbed Twilight's outstretched hoof, flipping her with ease. As Twilight hit the ground, Starlight cast her own personal laser spell, much more powerful than most.

Instead of sidestepping it like expected, the pony . . . ran towards it. Twilight watched in disbelief as the other pony, let out a short burst of power . . . which cut through Starlight's magic like a hot knife through butter.

With a cry, Starlight fell at Twilight's hooves, horn blackened.

This- this was bad. She, Starlight and Sunset were- or had been in her case- the most powerful Unicorns since Starswirl. And this newcomer had just one shotted Starlight.

She was suddenly aware of just how much danger she may be in.

She put up her strongest shield spell, fortified beyond belief , even as she turned to quickly cast a basic healing spell on Starlight, keeping an eye on the enemy all the while.

"It doesn't have to go like this!" She insisted. "We can talk!"

In response, the pony set off a concussive blast. Inside the shield.

If the fight before was harsh, this was bedlam.

It was like an earthquake, shaking Twilight deep into her bones as she hit the inside of her shield with enough force to destroy it.

Her vision swam and blurred, and she tried desperately to grab onto the light that was slowly shrinking in favor of darkness.

The last things she saw were two familiar colored hooves.

Author's Note:

Hoo boi do you know how hard it is to write shitty fanfiction when you are in another country without internet? Cause I didn't. I still don't have the next chapter even begun

PreviousChapters Next