• Published 28th May 2018
  • 2,495 Views, 390 Comments

The Time Thief - Reading4HalfMyLife



Starlight and Twilight's daughter becomes trapped in a time loop

  • ...
19
 390
 2,495

PreviousChapters Next
Loop 73

There wasn't really one exact reason why Astral tried out the weather spell.

It could be the growing headache and joint pain, making her feel like an old mare.

It could be the boredom that was starting to set in again.

It could be she just hated the perfect weather.

It was, she realized, a mixture of all three.

Still, she stood in the central square, chest puffed out and scarf on. She considered wearing shades, before deciding that it was a bit much.

She ignored the strange looks she was getting for posing on top of the fountain, and instead focused on the task at hand. This would take a lot of concentration; she was almost as bad at weather magic as she was at mind magic

First, she formed the clouds, making them high in the sky instead of right beside her. Passerbys slowed down, curious, and a bit startled by the sight of an overcast on what was supposed to be a nice day. Had they come from the Everfree?

Now, Astral had to actually fill the clouds with moisture, to get them to rain. Her horn took on a second glow as she did so, cheeks puffing out and nose scrunching up in concentration.

It was hard. Really hard.

But, eventually the clouds darkened, going from a fluffy white to a dark grey.

Now for the actual hard part, she had to 'kick' the clouds like Pegasi did to summon the rain without destroying them.

To make it worse, the other residents of Ponyville were clearly mounting in suspicion of her, and it wouldn't be long before a member of the weather team saw what was going on and tried to stop her.

Sure enough, in the distance she heard a small "hey!" of complaint.
She ignored it, instead choosing to send out a weak telekinetic blast, and, hallelujah, the heavens opened, briefly drenching Astral in rain.

The Unicorn tilted her head back, ignoring the shrieks of protest as she let the cool water run down her mane.

I missed this, she thought, before the rain abruptly stopped.

Snapping her head back, she scowled at a very angry Raindancer. "What do you think you were doing?" He asks, before launching into a very long speech against teenagers in general, so caught up in it that he missed Astral teleporting away halfway through.

PreviousChapters Next