• Published 28th May 2018
  • 2,520 Views, 390 Comments

The Time Thief - Reading4HalfMyLife



Starlight and Twilight's daughter becomes trapped in a time loop

  • ...
19
 390
 2,520

PreviousChapters Next
Loop 76

"Okay now, breathe in and concentrate."

Astral's brow furrowed as she tried to do as Celestia said.

Once again, she was practicing Mind Magic. She could now expertly block her thoughts and could sort of read Celestia's, but when it came to Mind Links, she was useless.

Still, she had yet to give up.

Mind Links were like tying two strings together, except the two strings where two different creature's magic . Sometimes the knot was tight and wouldn't be unbroken, while at others it was loose and would fall apart in seconds.

But Astral struggled to even get the two strings together.

Even now, a small yellow strand started to float it's way from Celestia's horn, only to falter and stop halfway.

Astral let out a frustrated breath between her teeth as the aura around her horn vanished.

Celestia watched her sympathetically.

"Ugh, this is so stupid!" Astral ran a hoof down her face. "Why can't I just get this? I wish I were like you."

Celestia's smile turned a little bit sharper. "And what does that mean?"

"You are the revered DemiGod ruler of our country! You have every spell mastered and practically invented half of them!"

The Alicorn raised an eyebrow. "And you" she said "are also a Princess, albeit one without a throne or land. You have incredible magic potential, and have the most Shards out of any mortal pony. I don't think you're half bad yourself."

"I guess so" Astral mumbled shuffling awkwardly as Celestia sighed.

"I know it's hard, but that's why you gotta keep trying, alright?"

Astral nodded petulantly.

"Good. Now, let's try this one more time."


It was, all of ponies, Zecora who helped her the most.

Astral had been walking through the forest when the zebra had spotted her. "Ah, young teen, if you want, I can make you some tea."

"Oh, that's alright, thanks for the offer though."

Zecora hesitated a second before asking "are you alright? It's rare to see somepony out here near night."

"I was just" Astral blew her bangs out of her eyes. "trying to find a quiet place to practice Mind Magic."

This garnered Zecora's interests, and she perked right up. "Mind magic, you say? I can help, if I may."

"You can help? How?"

A wry smile pulled at the zebra's lips. "Meditation will be a breeze. It will put your mind at ease."

Astral visibly brightened, taking several steps so she was closer to the older mare. "Great idea!" She said. "When can we begin?"

Author's Note:

Writing Zecora is my hardest challenge yet!

To clear somethings up:

The title Princess for Astral is similiar to how Blueblood is also called prince. It's just a title, and while Twilight could make one of her kids her heir, neither of them seem fit to weild the title of Prince/Princess of Friendship

PreviousChapters Next