• Published 28th May 2018
  • 2,522 Views, 390 Comments

The Time Thief - Reading4HalfMyLife



Starlight and Twilight's daughter becomes trapped in a time loop

  • ...
19
 390
 2,522

PreviousChapters Next
Loop 45

After another loop of nonstop practicing, Astral had the Transformation spell down. She found that flying was especially hard when you didn't have Pegasi Magic, and so she had to furiously flap her wings until she achieved lift off. She was starting to get somewhere with the weather spell too, an actual cloud was starting to form!

She was sad to say that was the end of her progress though. All of the other spells either crashed and burned or just didn't work, and not even her mothers could help her.

"Sorry sweetie, but I am counting that as a fail" Twilight said as she ended the mind reading spell. They had been doing a simple supersize, where Twilight went into her mind while Astral tried to block the information she wanted, but her mom had just sliced through her defenses.

Astral let out a groan, leaning backwards slightly to give it a more dramatic effect.

"Why are you so determined to rush this?" Twilight asked curiously, and Astral paused a moment before answering.

"I want to duel the Princesses. If I'm going up against two full grown Alicorns at once, I want to have everything I can get." She had already learned how to maneouver herself around in her new armor, and she was getting along great in Krav Maga, so now it was just the magic that needed improvement.

She snapped out of her thoughts to realise that Twilight was staring at her blankly. Meeting her mom's gaze, she tilted her head slightly, and Twilight shook herself.

"If you are serious about duelling the Princesses, then you'll need a book on Battle Magic. Come on." She teleported the two to the library, and pulled a couple of books from the very top shelf, handing one over to Astral.

It was a thin book, looking more like one of those ones you read to children. Astral flipped it open and scanned down the list:

1. Missile
2. Inferno Blast
3. Concussive Blast

She looked up with a raised eyebrow. "Not a lot in here" she commented.

"No" Twilight allowed. "But that's because the spells that are in there are very dangerous. You're already pretty strong- magically and physically, these will just give you a boost."

"Thanks mom!"

"Astral." She looked up, eyebrow raised, but her mom shook her head and pulled her into a hug. "Nevermind."

PreviousChapters Next