• Published 28th Mar 2018
  • 694 Views, 10 Comments

Tales from the Equestrian Others- The Lunar Prince of Hearts - Scarlet Raven Thorn



The unofficial official sequel! What does Luna's son, a mare with a dark secret, two dragons, and a broken-horned unicorn have in common? Hunting down Twilight! But when a threat greater than the Storm King arises they must work together to stop it!

  • ...
1
 10
 694

Fading Smiles

Author's Note:

So I just got followed by one of my favorite authors!
:pinkiehappy::yay::twistnerd:
This chapter is dedicated to you senpai!
And a special thanks goes to all my followers, and readers! Bless you guys!

Now down to business!

For Voice:

  • Horus = Jack Spicer (Xiaolin Showdown)
  • Missy = Demona (Gargoyles)

For Tornado's Ninja Hounds:

  • Yin = Qurow (RWBY)
  • Youko = Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)
  • Reaper = No-Face (Spirited Away)
  • Skull = Ryuk (Death Note)
  • Lobo = Undertaker (Black Butler)
  • Cinco = Grell Sutcliff (Black Butler)
  • Sex = Lucifer (The Devil is a Part-Timer)
  • Cherub = Wrath (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

Guess what game I've been playing?

Major Detail Spoiler:
How were Tornado and Lullaby caught? Who know's! Impending flashback in upcoming chapter!

Warning:

  • The Gore starts here!
  • Spoilers Ahead
  • Cigarette usage. (Blame Sunshine)

*Links ahead! None shall stop me now! I am the Overlord of Links!

A unicorn mare fiddled with the controls of her synthesizer.

The mare had white fur, and a two-toned blue mane; her mane altered from lapis-to-sapphire. Resting upon her muzzle was a pair of shades with purple lens, and carved into her flank the image of a conjoined eighth-note. Next to her was a Cengoylan Tervuren. The dog was black from the neck up, and his coat patches of gold, umber, black, and white; he also wore the same exact pair of shades.

From atop the, regrettably, pink stand the mare fidgeted with her headset using her magenta magic. She suddenly cleared her throat and spoke into it, "Good morning Canterlot! I'm DJ Pon-3, and this chill pup with me is the W-0-1-F! Testing, testing! Are we clear?"

"Crystal." Another pony answered, trotting up to the DJ.

This mare was light-grey in color, her fur holding the slightest brown tone to it. Her carefully groomed mane was mahogany in color, and slicked back. Displayed proudly around her neck was a white-collared bow tie that was pink in color, and upon her flank an amethyst treble cliff note.

"Yo Tavi! What brings you here?!" The unicorn asked.

The earth pony stopped to pet the Tervuren, who had come to greet her. "Hello mongrel, and how are you today?"

The dog, Rover, yipped in excitement. He liked this mare. Sure she was a little stuck-up, and wouldn't let him on her bed, and tried to bathe him too much, but he still liked her a lot. She called him 'mongrel', which wasn't his name, but it sounded nice so he liked it. He liked her. She smelt good, and had fun things to chew on. He definitely liked his new mistresses over his scary old master, who had made him work all day and all night.

"Rover! Here boy!" Vinyl whistled. "Come here!"

Rover's ears perked up. Queen mistress was calling! He rushed over to her.

"Thank you." The grey mare said, wiping the dog slobber off of her chest. "Really Vinyl, the next time you decide to get a pet, warn me first."

"Sorry, Tavi." Vinyl apologized. "I was totally gonna tell you, but I wasn't expecting, you know, him to break down our door and drag poor Zecora into our house. I was hoping more for a formal introduction, but, eh."

Eight moons ago, Vinyl Scratch had joined Z.O.D.I.A.C. after surviving a week in a Vanished hive. During that time she had unlocked powers that not even the alicorns themselves could even ever hope to reach. What's more, she had become something new entirely. A living weapon essentially. After learning of Vinyl's 'condition' and of her new life as a secret agent, Octavia Melody had rather loudly- the Lunar Guard still had nightmares about it- demanded that Princess Luna let her join as well. And joined she had. But doing office work of course, what else?

"Oh, it's fine. it's fine. Nothing that we can do about it now." Octavia stated, trotting over to the other mare. Her ears suddenly perked up. "What is that?"

Vinyl suddenly picked up the sound of harmonic music. Her pupils shrank behind her glasses. "Oh no! It's 'The Singing'! Quick, put on these head phones before- Tavi! Tavi no!"

"A party to be proud of! A day of games and fun! Just you wait and see, a magic day in perfect harmony!" Octavia suddenly belted out, not that Vinyl or Rover could hear her from the headphones the DJ had shoved on their heads.

"Tavi! Tavi, come back! Fight the music!" Vinyl cried out. "Oh why is this happening?! Why?!"

She felt a sudden tap on her shoulder, and turned to see Princess Twilight. But before she could get a word out the purple alicorn soared away. The music disappeared with her, going just as suddenly as it came.

Octavia shook her head, and grumbled. "Ow, my head! What happened? When did I leave the stage? It was almost like I wasn't in control of my own actions, like I was acting out of character for the pure enjoyment of an outside viewer."

"Tavi! You're back!" Vinyl exclaimed, throwing herself at the mare.

"Back? Was I ever gone?" Octavia inquired.

"Oh never mind. You know, you should really get some headphones. Like, you really should." The unicorn suggested.

"Nonsense, I'd rather not turn my brain into mush." Octavia stated, her headache already fading. "Well I'm going to go and enjoy the festival. I was hoping you would want to come with, but obviously you're in Crazy Town right now. Come find me after you've found your head and screwed it back into place."

"What about some cozy earmuffs? Ear plugs? What if I got you a walk-pony with all of that high-end instrumental stuff you like?! Please Tavi! You need it a lot more than you think! There's a reason I wear headphones all the time!" Vinyl shouted after the mare.

Meanwhile, passing the stage at that exact moment were Gallant Aurora and Sound-Off.

"Ugh, come on!" The dragoness whined, flying next to him. "All we've done is patrol, patrol, patrol!"

"And that's all we're going to do." Gallant stated, continuing his trot. "Hmm, nothing suspicious so far."

"That's because there is nothing suspicious to be worried about!" Sound-Off exclaimed, when she suddenly got an idea. "Hey Gallant, have we checked the castle yet? I mean, it would be the perfect place for a surprise attack. I doubt the princesses would ever suspect an attack from within the castle itself! All four alicorns in one place after all, an ambush in the castle would be the absolutely perfect place wouldn't it?"

Gallant gasped. "By Faust, you're right! Let's go!"

The unicorn suddenly cast a spell over himself, and two wings of purple light suddenly sprouted from his back. He then took off at a speed that could rival a Wonderbolt. The dragoness followed after him, to an extent of course. She soon allowed herself to fall back, and watched as her patriarch became a dot in the distance. He would be so worried protecting the princesses that he wouldn't even notice she was gone until he had checked half of the rooms of the castle. She was going to be in so much trouble.

Sound-Off snickered to herself. "Okay, now what?"

She began to soar over the festival, passing over tents, booths, and sales carts. The dragoness soon flew over a large stage where Songbird Serenade was destined to preform.

A white unicorn mare with an elegant purple mane was grumbling to herself as she struggled to fix a knot of a ribbon that was supposed to be a bow, the stage was filled with them. Leaning against the stage was a rather plump purple and green dragon, who was indulging on a basket of colorful gems. Sound-Off recognized him as Spike, the foster dragon to Princess Twilight Sparkle.

The dragoness indecisively hovered in the air.

She and Spike had never been on a good basis, although he had at least tried to be her friend up until the 'Bunny Incident'. After that, he avoided- or ignored- her all together. And rather rudely shrugged her off whenever she tried to start a conversation. But the truth of the matter was, Sound-Off liked Spike. As in, liked-liked him. Which is what led her to her ultimate choice.

"Spike! Hey Spike!" She called out, spiraling down to meet him.

Spike pushed himself up and jogged away from the stage, looking for the source of the voice. But upon seeing her his face quickly grew hardened and disgusted. "Oh, it's you."

"Haha, yep! It's me!" Sound-Off nervously laughed out. "Just... me."

"What do you want?" Spike sneered. "Are you here to eat Fluttershy's birds this time?"

"No! No!" Sound-Off exclaimed, trying to keep herself calm. "I just thought that maybe we could... hang out? There's this, uh, there's this great grilled squid stand. I know the gryphon who owns it, and I can get us a great discount!"

"You're kidding me. This is a joke, right?" Spike snorted.

"Oh, I- um- It's no joke!" Sound-Off finally managed to stutter out.

"Wait, you mean you actually want to-?" Spike suddenly began to laugh. "You- you thought that we- that we could actually hang out? After what you did to those rabbits? After you tore them apart? I still remember what you did! Everypony in Ponyville does! But at least they had the benefit of not actually being there, unlike me and Fluttershy."

The purple and green dragon suddenly began to stomp towards her, claws clenched into fists. The dragoness found herself strangely intimidated, Spike was only half her height after all. Still, his words struck at her heart.

Sound-Off began to slowly back away as Spike continued his approach. "Come on Sp- Spike, it's- it's me! We- we used to be fr- friends, re- remember?"

"All I remember," Spike continued. "is a beast that murdered Fluttershy's forest friends! And a monster that nearly did the same to Fluttershy! You should feel lucky that she didn't press charges! Because if I hadn't been there to stop you... who knows what you would have done?"

"I- I- I- But- It was- I didn't want- I- I didn't mean to-" Sound-Off began to hyperventilate.

"To what? To nearly kill one of my friends?!" Spike shouted. "You really think that I'd want to hang out with you? And go out and eat, ugh, meat?"

Sound-Off gulped. "B- but King Thorax and Ember-"

"Thorax is a vegetarian! And at least Ember doesn't do it in front of me!" Spike's eyes narrowed. "Besides, from what she says, she at least has the decency to swiftly put it out of its misery first."

"Spike, please! Please stop!" The dragoness pleaded, tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

"The fact of the matter is Sound-Off, that friends don't hurt friends! You hurt Fluttershy, the most innocent and kindest mare in all of Equestria! And you hurt me!" Spike pointed to his inner-thigh, to reveal a set of scars- claw marks- in an area that wouldn't be very noticeable. The purple and green dragon looked at her with eyes full of guilt and sadness. "Maybe once we were friends, but we're not anymore. And we never will be."

"Spike I-" Sound-Off began, but Spike held up a claw to silence her.

"So stay away from me," Spike glanced back at the unicorn mare, he turned back to the dragoness. "and my friends."

Spike turned away, leaving Sound-Off to swallow her sobs. A sudden shadow loomed over him, causing the dragon to look up. Suddenly the shadow swerved down, and crashed in front of him.

"Hey!" The new arrival snarled. "Just who do you think you are, making a fine dame like that cry?!"

Spike gulped. The new arrival was a lot taller than he was, about Garble's height.

"Horus!" Sound-Off cried out, wiping away her tears.

Horus's emerald eyes narrowed as a growl formed in his throat. He leaned down so that he and Spike were eye-level. "I don't know who you think you are, pickin' on a dame like that. That's not gentle-drake behavior, now is it?"

The intruder was very interesting to say the least. He was a skinny for one, his body built much more serpent-like. Horus didn't have scales so much as he had fur; the mint scales he did have were on his torso, upper arms, and tail. Although covering his chest were large scales that were orange-to-yellow in pattern. Soft cobalt-blue fur covered his lower arms, neck, and lower half; although the fur on his face was the same color as his scales, minus the tips of his large fluffy ears.

He had orange fins that were longer than Spike's, and curved horns which sprouted from his head and arched back around his ears. And his spikes were a bright yellow, growing forward and almost covering his left eye. He also had a yellow nose spike, a purple tongue, Anugyptian kohl eye-liner, and a hood of wool-like fur growing from his neck. Most stunning of all, however, were the white-feathered-wings sprouting from his back.

Spike glanced up at him in awe. "Are- are you a dragon?"

"No, I'm a Breezie." Horus rolled his eyes. "Duh, I'm a dragon! Ain't you ever see a sky dragon before?"

"Sky... dragon?" Spike tilted his head.

"Wait, you don't seriously think there's only one type of dragon do you?" Horus asked, before turning to Sound-Off. "Seriously?"

"Wait." Spike glanced at the ground, eyes searching. "Then, what kind of dragon am I?"

"I don't have time for this. Look, why don't you go ask your patriarch or matriarch?" Horus suggested. "I'm sure that they can clear this all up for you. And while you're at it, learn some better manners. A gentle-drake does not make a dame cry."

"Hang on!" Spike moved away from Horus, who had been pushing him away. "What's a patriarch and matriarch?"

Horus blinked. "Um, your mom or dad?"

"I don't know my parents." Spike said, kicking out at a rock.

"No, the unicorn that hatched you." Horus clarified.

"You mean Twilight? She knows less about dragons than me!" Spike pointed out.

"Wait, what?" Horus sighed, and put a claw up to his head. "Look, kid-"

"I'm not a kid!" Spike suddenly piped.

Horus's eyebrow rose. "You sure about that, shrimp?"

"I'm not small!" Spike suddenly shouted. "And I'm thirteen!"

Horus blinked. "You, you're thirteen? In pony years?"

"Yes!" Spike exclaimed.

"Then... why are you so short?" Horus inquired, squatting down with a claw to his chin.

"Ugh, what are you doing?" Spike asked, giving the other dragon a weird look.

Horus continued to observe him, nodding his head and mumbling to himself. The sky dragon finally reached a conclusion. "Okay, okay. I get it."

"Get what?!' Spike growled, beginning to grow impatient and annoyed.

"I get that you," Horus poked him in the chest with a claw. "are horribly malnourished."

"What? No I'm not!" Spike held out the basket of gems. "See!"

"Yeah." Horus gave him an unamused look. "You do know that eating gems is the equivalent of eating junk food right?"

Spike looked down at the glittering gem stones. "Wh- what? But Princess Ember-"

"Isn't doing anything for her figure." Horus interrupted before flicking his spikes, which vibrated. "Just as I thought, you're not getting enough iron either."

"What are you-" Spike began when Horus suddenly pinched his arm. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"And your scales could be harder as well." Horus simply muttered.

Spike rubbed the spot where the sky dragon had pinched, and glared up at him. "You know what? I'm done with this!"

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Horus called out to the smaller dragon.

"Away from both of you crazy dragons!" Spike yelled back, stomping towards the stage.

"That was weird." Horus said before turning to Sound-Off, who was sitting on a hay-bale and sniffling to herself.

Sound-Off felt the hay indent slightly as Horus sat next to her. She wiped her snout on her arm. "Hey. Thanks for that."

"Ah that? That was nothin'." The sky dragon said nonchalantly. "How's you?"

"I'm fine." Sound-Off assured, although even she could tell how fake it sounded. "Just fine."

Horus frowned. "You don't sound fine."

"I'm fine." Sound-Off repeated, shrugging her shoulders.

"Tell you what." Horus jumped off of the hay-bale. "Let's go get one of them fancy-schmancy spell books you like so much, on me."

"R- really?" Sound-Off began to smile, even if it was only a little.

"Sure." Horus offered her a claw. "They're like, what? A couple hundred bits for the good stuff? Pfft, that's what these are for."

Sound-Off chuckled at the gems Horus pulled from his fluffy pants. "Aren't those Spike's?"

"Yeah, so?" Horus held one of the gems, a large ruby, to the sky. "I still think that they'll fetch a pretty price. Don't you?"

"You kleptomaniac you." Sound-Off said, giving him a good-natured jab on the shoulder.

"What? It's not like he's going to miss them much." Horus put the ruby, along with the other gems, into his pocket.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Stealing? How inappropriate." A new voice piped.

Sound-Off and Horus spun around to see a white unicorn mare with the image of a black broken heart tattooed under her right eye.

The mare's mane was somewhat of a mohawk, and three different colors. Atop her head, and hanging downward, it was cherry-red. Starting on the middle of her scalp, her mane turned orchid. And once it reached her lower neck, it was an arctic-blue that ended in a rat-tail. Her eyes were also red in color, and she had two silver piercings; one in her right ear, and another on her tongue. The unicorn's horn held a slight curve to it, most prominently at its tip.

However, more noticeable than her wild mane was her armor. She wore an admiral-blue helmet, which spiked upwards while covering her snout and protecting her cheeks. The armor around her neck, meanwhile, was purple in coloration with silver braces. The chest piece was also blue, with a red crescent moon as its centerpiece, and shaped like the lunar-royal crest of the Lunar Guard. Upon her back was a purplish-black series of pieces that overlapped one another, ending in a row of spikes, that resembled a beetle shell. The 'shell' was held fast be purple mesh that resembled scales, and a thick strap around her belly. The purplish-black armor around all four of her legs went up to her knees, creeping upwards like ivy. Her cutiemark was completely obscured by all the armor.

"Mama!" Horus cried out, immediately shoving his claws into his pockets. "What are you doing here?!"

The unicorn walked over to him. "I think the better question is, what is she doing here?"

Sound-Off nervously laughed. "H- hi Missy."

"Hello Sound-Off." The mare, Missy, greeted. "I'm guessing that you tricked Gallant, and managed to escape his hawk's eye?"

"Uh, yeah?" Sound-Off admitted.

"Clever girl." Missy teased. "So how much longer do you think you'll have until he realizes that you're gone?"

"How about, now?"

Gallant Aurora glided down from the sky, an unbelievably angry look upon his face,

"Ooh!" Horus hissed into her ear. "You're in trouble!"

"Oh, you noticed." Sound-Off sheepishly smiled, rubbing her arm.

"Of course I noticed!" Gallant growled. "It became fairly obvious that you had flown off somewhere when I didn't hear you complaining every five seconds! I swear, I can't take my eyes off you for a single second!"

"Uh, Gallant?" Sound-Off suddenly piped, looking up at the sky.

"Do you even care that you worry me? The stress you put me through? I'm already getting grey hairs!" Gallant continued.

"Uh, Gallant." Sound-Off repeated, eyes still in the sky.

"I mean, after what you pulled?! Well guess what?! Any trust you rebuilt was just shattered young lady!" The blue unicorn said. "We are going straight back to the castle, and I am putting a confinement spell over your room! And then I'm going to have to patrol for any dangers on my own!"

Sound-Off suddenly grabbed him by the muzzle, and turned his head upwards. "You mean something dangerous like that?!"

"What the-?" Gallant gasped out.

The sky had suddenly grown dark with dark-grey clouds. From within the clouds emerged a colossal airship. It's armored hull was black, and displayed a strange glowing blue symbol; the balloon portion of it was a dull-purple. As the airship emerged from the storm, it knocked over towers and buttresses. The stone structures crashed to the ground below, crushing whatever happened to be underneath them. The festival went silent, other than confused and frightened whispers.

***

From within the airship the mare known as Tempest Shadow smiled wickedly to herself.

She took a deep breath, and slowly released the air. "Home, sweet, home."

Tempest chuckled to herself. She slowly began her march towards the ramp, hearing the echo of Grubber's voice throughout the hollow corridor.

"Ponies of Equestria! We come on the behalf of the fearsome, the powerful, the almighty... Storm King!"

She rolled her eyes at all the frightened gasps and cries. Her horn began to spark.

"And now, to deliver the evil, evil message, put your hooves together, for Commander Tempest!"

Tempest popped her back. "Let's get this over with."

She stepped out of the red mist, plastering on a cold and emotionless mask.

Princess Celestia stepped forward. "Tempest, is it? How may we help you?"

The broken-horned unicorn glowered at the white alicorn. So, she didn't remember after all.

Tempest's horn sparked, but she forced back the anger. "Oh, I'm so glad you asked. How about we start with your complete and total surrender?"

"Hi there!" A purple alicorn suddenly spoke up. Tempest raised an eyebrow, there were only three alicorn princesses the last time she had checked. Nonetheless. The purple princess continued. "Princess of Friendship. Not exactly sure what's going on, but I know we can talk things out."

Tempest rolled her eyes. "Oh, goody. All four Princesses. Here's the deal, ladies. I need your magic. Give it up nicely, please, or we make it difficult for everyone!"

The blue alicorn stepped forth, a glare upon her brow. "And why should we cower before you? There's one of you and hundreds of us."

Tempest chuckled, shaking her head. She suddenly leered down at the ponies before her with a maniacal smile. "I was hoping you'd choose, difficult."

A series of growls started up behind her as her Storm Army stomped out from the hull of her ship. And she heard the rest of her fleet emerge from the storm. The ponies began to panic as more of her army jumped from their ships, and crashed to the ground below. She smiled as one of them picked up a mare in its massive paws, and chucked her into a nearby stand. The mare fell to the ground, blood pooled out of a wound on her head.

Before the princesses had a chance to react, she suddenly leapt into the air and kicked a green orb their direction.

Cadance quickly threw up a shield spell, but her magic was weakened from the earlier 'battle' with Obsidian Vesper. She grunted, and screamed as the orb hit her. It shattered upon contact, petrifying the princess from point of contact in black crystals.

"Cadance!" Celestia cried out.

"I... can't... stop it!" Cadance gasped out, becoming fully entrapped within the crystal.

Tempest suddenly took off into full gallop. This was her favorite part.

Celestia suddenly turned to her sister. "Luna, quick! Go south beyond the Badlands! Seek help from the Queen of the Hippo-"

Tempest kicked out the orb, and it exploded against the goddess of the sun. Celestia screamed as the crystal enveloped her, her world going black. She then turned her attention to the goddess of the moon and stars, who had begun to fly away. The broken-horned mare let loose another orb with a powerful kick. It hit his mark, and the lunar princess let out a surprised yelp as the crystals began to encase her body.

"MOTHER!" Gallant Aurora cried out, beginning to fly towards her.

"GALLANT!" Missy suddenly yanked him back by his tail. "WE NEED TO GO!"

Gallant looked back to his princess. He noticed the only free alicorn, Princess Twilight Sparkle, struggling to catch Luna in her magic. The blue unicorn closed his eyes, channeling his own magic. Luna was floated safely down to the stage.

"I'm sorry mother." He muttered, before taking off with Missy.

Sound-Off and Horus flew behind them, dodging the grubby claws of the Storm Creatures as they went. The dragoness was suddenly yanked back.

"Dad!" Sound-Off called out, her tail caught by one of the creatures.

Gallant suddenly spun around. "LET HER GO YOU HELLION!"

The unicorn let loose a powerful blast of purple magic, which knocked the surprised Storm Creature off its feet. The creature yowled as it was rocketed across the plaza. It landed in a crumpled heap with the cracking of its neck, dead.

"Thanks dad!" Sound-Off gasped out as he floated her over to him in his magic.

Meanwhile, Missy galloped ahead with Horus at her side.

She suddenly pulled free a small guitar-pick-shaped shield from her side. With a tap it rapidly expanded outwards to produce a larger circular shield with bladed edges. Missy tossed the shield into the crowd of Storm Creatures. It arched in a semicircle, slicing the heads off of all thirteen of them. She caught the shield as it came flying back, and the bodies fell to the ground.

Horus turned to the creatures behind them, flying backwards.

"I'll show you what an Iris Storm Dragon can really do!" He growled out, suddenly flying into the sky.

The dark clouds began to swirl above him, like a giant whirlpool of darkness. Suddenly bolts of lightening crashed into him in flashes of different colored light. His wool-like fur began to spark with the electric discharge. Horus suddenly let out a tremendous roar of rainbow-colored lightning bolts, leaving charred corpses in his wake.

"Horus!" Missy cried out, shredding straight through the middle of a creature. Crimson splashed against her face. "Let's go!"

The sky dragon nodded his head, flying after his matriarch.

Back with Gallant, Sound-Off looked back at chaos behind her.

"I hope mom is okay." She mumbled.

***

Cobra Strike slammed against the Storm Creature; smashing all four hooves against the creature's head, which crumpled inwards with the splatter of blood and brain. He took off to the skies before the remaining creatures had a chance to catch him.

The Storm Creatures howled in rage, unable to hit the white blur as he flew circles around them. Meanwhile, Cayenne Pepper and Funnel Web stood protectively in front of Scarlet Thorn and Black Dawn.

"Well love?" Cayenne turned to the stallion next to her.

"Yes my spicy little pepper?" Funnel responded, pawing at the ground like a bull about to charge.

"Shall we turn up the heat?" Cayenne asked as the Storm Creatures slowly approached.

"Let it burn." Funnel growled.

Cayenne suddenly smiled before rearing up onto her back hooves and letting out a battle cry, "AIYEYEYEYE!"

The unicorn mare's horn suddenly erupted into a flaming inferno. The flames spun outwards in a beautiful and deadly spiral, setting flame to the Storm Creatures. The smell of burning flesh and singed fur filled the air. Funnel Web's wings suddenly exploded outwards, and he charged forward.

"Leave!" He kicked a creature in its back, breaking it.

"Our!" Cayenne shot a ball of white-hot flames out, incinerating more of the army.

"Family!" Funnel was suddenly behind another beast, he twisted its head all the way around.

"Alone!" Cobra finished, barreling into a Storm Creature and using it to push the other creatures into the Caramel Apple Stand.

The Storm Creatures cried out in agony as the boiling caramel splashed against them, seeping underneath their armor and scalding their flesh. The hot and sticky substance stuck to their fur and flesh, getting into their eyes, and gluing their fingers together.

Meanwhile, the rest of Paradise Lost struck out against the army.

"Hang on kiddies!" Melodic Heartbeat called back to her passengers.

Atop her back the Cutiemark Crusaders clung to her fur for dear life. The Nyx's wings fluttered faster than a humming bird's as she wove between the Storm Army.

"Look out!" Scoot-a-loo shouted over Sweetie Belle's cries.

A massive Storm Beast unlike anything they had previously faced suddenly crash landed into the Hay Jump behind them. It shook off the individual straws from its muscular form, before surging after the Nyx.

"Mania!" Melody called out.

"I'm coming!" Mainstream yelled, flying over to her.

Apple Bloom suddenly screamed as something seized her by her middle. "Ms. Melody, heeelp!"

"Easy there little filly!" A voice called out. The yellow filly looked up to see another gryphon. "I've got you!"

Looking Glass switched the young Apple to his back, just as Mainstream pulled alongside the Nyx.

Mainstream looked into Scoot-a-loo's frightened eyes. "Jump!"

"What?!" The little pegasus filly shouted.

"Jump!" The gryphoness repeated.

Scoot-a-loo looked back at the Storm Beast behind them, which crashed through various carts and booths. "I can't!"

"Yes you can!" Mainstream countered. "It's okay to be scared! I'm scared! But we need to be brave!"

Scoot-a-loo looked back at her wings, which were angled upwards. "I can't fly!"

"Don't fly then! Jump! I'll catch you!" Mainstream assured.

The Storm Beast was quickly gaining ground, beginning to snap at the gryphoness's tail feathers.

Scoot-a-loo looked back at the monster and then to the gryphoness. She squeezed her eyes shut and gulped. "Okay!"

The orange filly put as much strength into her back legs as possible, and leapt out.

She felt the air envelop her body, and the safe warmth of the Nyx's back go out from underneath her. Scoot-a-loo tumbled in the air; the Storm Beast opened its large jaws to swallow the filly whole.

Mainstream suddenly caught the filly. "Gotcha!"

The Storm Beast's massive fangs crashed against each other. It roared in frustration.

"SPLIT!" Looking Glass shouted as the three flyers approached a massive wall.

Looking Glass suddenly swerved left, taking Apple Bloom with him. Melody flew straight up at a ninety-degree angle, disappearing with Sweetie Belle over the wall. Mainstream made a sharp turn right with Scoot-a-loo still in her talons, just barely avoiding flattening herself against the wall.

The Storm Beast attempted to scramble back, but it was too late. The massive creature slammed against the wall, knocking teeth loose. It looked up just in time to see the white marble fracture and begin to crumble. The entire wall crashed down upon it, a particularly large piece squashing it flat.

The growing pool of crimson staining and leaking out from the white marble reached Scarlet Thorn's hooves.

"Mommy!" Black Dawn sobbed out, clinging to her back.

Something in Scarlet snapped, like a switch being flipped.

She felt a sudden presence looming over her, and looked up to see a group of Storm Creatures crouched on the building above her.

"Dawn, my sunshine?" She whispered. "You see that table over there? I need you to run as fast as you can and hide underneath it."

The colt shook furiously upon her back, as if his coat was soaked in ice water. "I- I don't wanna!"

"Dawn, listen to me." Her eyes were still trained on the Storm Creatures, which had taken notice of her and were tensing up. "Get ready to run."

"But-!" The colt piped when his mother suddenly swept him off her back and onto the ground.

"NOW!" She demanded, pushing him towards the table and out of the way of the Storm Creatures.

Black Dawn jumped to attention, and galloped over to the tables.

A Storm Creature made a move to grab him when it was suddenly hit in the head with a large rock that Scarlet had kicked.

"OVER HERE!" The pegasus mare shouted, another rock was rocketed the Storm Creature's way.

The Storm Creature nursed the bump on the back of its head before turning with a growl to the mare and charging after her. It began to hoot and holler, crying out to its friends.

"SCARLET!" Cayenne and Funnel cried out together as the silver-maned mare swiftly side-stepped an oncoming creature and galloped away from everypony else.

In their distraction, one of the Storm Creatures which had jumped down from the building seized the two ponies and knocked them together before throwing them into the cage on its back while they were still dazed. Cayenne growled and lit her horn. The wall of flame was only reflected by the cage bars, very well nearly grilling her and Funnel to a well-done state.

"Ah cra-" Cayenne was cut short as the Storm Creature jumped forward and Funnel was thrown into her.

A majority of the creatures began to give chase, attempting to grab ahold of the mare's long tail.

Scarlet began to pant wildly, her body protesting loudly against the vigorous exercise. She suddenly swerved left, and spotted a patio table ahead. The mare picked up the pace, sliding directly in between the legs of one of the Storm Creatures in its attempt to grab her. She jumped onto the patio table, grabbing the large umbrella as she did so.

Scarlet spun around to face the Storm Creatures, the umbrella clenched in her mouth like the handle of a weapon. She snorted.

"Et's do es!" She growled, charging forward.

***

Tornado Fusion and Lullaby Locket stood back to back, both unicorns' horns were lit and pre-charged with a spell. Lullaby with yellow magic that swirled around her horn, and Tornado with crackling white magic.

Around them lie various corpses. Some were strangled to death by plants- Lullaby's doing- and others- thanks to Tornado- were simply crumpled against booths, pillars, and tables. The remaining fifty-to-sixty Storm Creatures all cautiously stood their ground, waiting for the mares' next move.

"Chidori!" Tornado suddenly shouted.

The grey-coated mare suddenly vanished, reappearing a split second later almost twenty-yards away. In her fore-hoof was a ball of white electricity- it oddly sounded like chirping birds- which she slammed into the chest of the largest of the Storm Creatures. Her hoof punctured the creature's heart, and stuck out through the opposite side.

Tornado's hoof suddenly began to crackle with purple lightning, as did the rest of her body. Since she was standing on her forelegs, the electricity made her mane and tail stand upwards.

Lullaby called out to some vines hanging on the side of a building over to her, which wrapped themselves into the shape of a cocoon.

Tornado's eyes filled with hatred. "Lightning Release: Purple Electricity."

Amethyst-colored bolts spread out from the corpse- which exploded- and struck out at the Storm Beasts. Like an infection the bolts spread from creature to creature, electrocuting every single one. They all fell dead a moment later, fur still crackling with static.

Lullaby's vines dropped down just as more Storm Creatures descended from the building rooftops.

"My turn!" She cried out, charging past Tornado- who was still standing in the same position- and into battle.

Springing forth from the eastern unicorn's horn came a yellow lung-dragon made up of her magic. The dragon surged ahead, passing through multiple Storm Creatures as if it were a ghost. At first there seemed to be no reaction, but then the afflicted creatures fell to their knees while gripping their chest fur. Soon they fell dead, hearts having liquefied in their chests. The yellow dragon flew back to Lullaby, circling around her.

Tornado suddenly fell onto all four hooves as the electricity finally died down.

One hoof, the one that she had used against the first Storm Creature- and had purposefully cut herself against the creature's sharp metal mask with- created a strange circle as it hit the ground. There was a sudden puff of smoke, and a black dog jumped out from the smoke. He was large, with beige armor covering most of his body, a large back hull that sported two spear-cannons, all of which were held to his body by large and thick leather straps.

"You called 'Nado?" The dog asked in a gruff voice, a grin on his face.

"Ah, Yin." Tornado greeted. "You made it. Where's Yang?"

"Couldn't make it." Yin said, tilting his head. "So what ya want?"

Tornado gestured to the Storm Army. "Things are starting to get out of hoof. Mind lending a paw?"

"For the beautiful mare that freed me from my contract with Ni?" Yin scoffed, tensing his body. "Gladly."

Yin sprang forward, leaping atop the nearest Storm Creature and biting deep into its shoulder. The Storm Creature howled in agony, seizing Yin by his middle and attempting to yank the dog off. Yin's fangs only sunk deeper into its flesh, his sturdy armor taking all of the creature's impacts whether it be from a fist or from slamming into various objects.

The spears atop Yin's back suddenly shot out, latching onto the roof of a nearby building. The chains then began to reel upwards, pulling the dog up onto the roof. The Storm Creature was left at Yin's mercy as his spears receded back into their holds. He aimed the weapons at the Storm Beast.

"Bang." The dog said with a smile, firing the spears.

The Storm Beast fell dead, and tumbled to the ground below where Lullaby's dragon chased after their enemies.

Lullaby clapped her hooves together as her dragon killed more Storm Creature. "Ooh, ooh! Summon the others! Summon the others!"

Tornado smiled. "Come forth my friends!"

With multiple puffs of smoke more dog-beasts sprang forth.

"One! Youko reporting for duty ma'am!" A purple fox-like creature with flaming paws cried out.

"Two!" Another beast leapt from the smoke, onto another building. "Any enemy of the mistress, is an enemy of mine. They call me Reaper. Prepare to meet your fate!"

"Three." A chilling voice hissed. Two piercing red eyes glowed in the smoke. A hulking skeletal monster dog stepped out of the smoke. His body looked to be made of metal, and radiated a cold black aura. "I am Skull. I am, the end."

"Hellooooo, Equestria!" A massive armored wolf jumped out of the smoke, and bound over to Tornado. "Why, helloooooo nurse!"

Tornado's forhead vein popped out as she kicked the wolf across the battlefield. "Stop being such a horn-dog and get fighting Lobo!"

"Suuuuure thing hot stuff! Lobo is ready fooor battle!" Lobo called out as he tumbled in the air, landing on his paws. "Fooouuur!"

"Tell me," Another voice began. A red wolf with sharp fangs stepped out of the smoke. "whose afraid of the big bad wolf? Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I'm Cinco."

A blur suddenly emerged from another bloom of smoke. The blur shot past multiple Storm Creatures, leaving them horribly mutilated, and- terrifyingly- alive. It stopped right behind Tornado, revealing a demonic doberman. "Hmm. Pitiful mortals. I am Sex."

Some of the Storm Creatures began to snicker.

"Silence!" Sex demanded. "It means six in the old tongue! Six!"

"Calm yourself brother." The seventh dog sat still as a statue as the smoke dissipated around him. A goliath of white fur and golden spikes. He pushed himself up with a grunt. "Behold, I am Cherub. Something of a misnomer, I know. Together, we are the Nine-"

"Yang isn't here commander." Youko pointed out.

Cherub sighed. "Eight. We are the Eight Ninja Hounds who have been contracted to Tornado Fusion. And now-"

All eight dogs surrounding the Storm Army sprang into the air.

"Prepare to die!" They all shouted.

The Storm Army never knew what hit them.

***

Prince Blueblood groaned as he awoke.

"Ugh! What happened?" He asked himself, rolling out of bed.

The unicorn looked around his room. It was as normal as he had left it, and looked like any other room in the castle. Blueblood walked over to the vanity, picking up a brush in his light-blue magic. He plopped down in the seat and began to comb out his mane. He may not have been as vain, but he still wanted to look presentable.

There was a sudden pounding on his door.

Blueblood rolled his eyes. "Just a moment please!"

It was silent for a minute before the knocks repeated, this time harder and louder.

"I said, just a moment please!" The stallion repeated, rolling his eyes.

This time the knocking was so loud he thought the doors would burst down.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Blueblood yelled, slamming down the brush. He grumbled to himself as he approached the door, and with a huff he opened it using his magic. "Now what could possibly be... so... im...portant?"

The three Storm Creatures loomed above him, paws ready to catch the unicorn.

Blueblood's pupils shrank, and he let out a high-pitched scream. The creatures covered their ears, and dropped to their knees. The stallion took advantage of the situation, bolting past them.

Prince Blueblood galloped through the halls of Canterlot Castle, rather blindly. He ran past many of the creatures, dodging their attempts to grab him in his mad dash. The unicorn made another random turn down one of the lesser used corridors of the castle, the one that led to the dungeons. Blueblood looked behind him to make sure that none of the creatures were giving chase, and suddenly rammed into something.

"Well, well." The something purred. "What do we have here?"

"Gah! Don't hurt me!" Blueblood pleaded, covering his head with his hooves.

"Hurt you? Well I can't make any promises." The voice hissed, beginning to laugh.

"That's enough Thanatos!" A second voice chimed. "Now's not the time to be making jokes."

"Jokes?" Blueblood questioned, looking up.

In front of him was a black pegasus in a trench coat, and some sort of strange Diamond Dog.

The pegasus extended out a hoof, which Blueblood took. "Hello there, I'm Sunshine and this anubis here is my friend, Thanatos."

"Pleasure." Thanatos growled out, offering out his paw.

Blueblood ignored the gesture. "What is going on here?! Who are you?! What are those things running amok in the castle?! Where are my aunts?! Are those skulls in your hair?!"

"Well he's fun." The necromancer grumbled, covering his ears.

"Easy there." Sunshine Razor put a calming hoof on his shoulder. "Long story short, Equestria is under attack by some guy who calls himself the 'Storm King'. He sent a mare named Tempest Shadow in his stead, and she trapped the alicorns in crystal."

"Trapped the alicorns?!" Blueblood exclaimed.

"Quiet!" Sunshine hissed, covering the unicorn's mouth with his wing as he peeked suspiciously over the corner. "They might hear you!"

A patrol of Storm Creatures ran into view, and Sunshine pushed him against the wall. The creatures stopped to survey the area, looking for the source of the noise. Sweat began to build on Blueblood's brow as one of the beasts turned its head their direction. Then he heard a soft chanting next to him.

Thanatos had his eyes closed, and his paws pressed together. Blueblood mistook it for praying at first, until he noticed the anubis's shadow stretching outwards and towards the creatures.

The creature that had been looking their direction suddenly noticed them, and motioned to the other guards. But before they could pull the alarm, Thanatos's shadow reached them. The creatures were then suddenly devoured by the shadow, which they fell into as if there was a pit below them.

Thanatos burped. "Oops. Excuse me."

Blueblood looked up at him in horror. "Wh- what did you do to them?!"

The anubis flipped through his book, stopping at a blank page. The page didn't remain blank for long; ink welled up on the paper as if it had been spilled on the other side, and that ink transformed into words and a drawing of a Storm Creature. Thanatos smiled. "Oh nothing. Let's just say I have a new creature in my collection."

Blueblood grimaced, and nearly jumped out of his skin when Sunshine grabbed him. The pegasus began to lead him further down the corridor. "Listen, we have a situation on our hands here. From what Thanatos's shadow has observed-"

"His shadow?" Blueblood demanded, glancing fearfully at the anubis.

Sunshine put a hoof against his face. "Yes, his shadow. Thanatos has an ability referred to as Shadow-Walking. He can manipulate his shadow to leave his body, what just happened was only one example of that."

"My shadow," Thanatos continued, a smokey trail of his shadow rose from the floor and curled around his arm. "then becomes my eyes and ears. There is nothing in Canterlot that is restricted knowledge for me. My shadow can bypass all security spells, and go completely unnoticed. I even know about that little 'incident' between you and Fleur."

Blueblood's face flushed. "So you know about-?"

"Yes, I know about your daughter." Thanatos chuckled. "Well with how much effort you put into making it public, I think all of Equestria knows."

The color suddenly drained from the unicorn's face as he realized the circumstances. "Is she safe?! These disgusting ruffians haven't touched her, have they?! How is she supposed to defend herself?!"

Sunshine suddenly chuckled. "Trust me. Scarlet can handle herself just fine."

***

Scarlet jumped atop the shoulders of a Storm Creature, knocking it unconscious with the now ragged and bent umbrella.

She jumped off of the creature before it hit the ground, landing in a stumble on all four hooves. The army continued to surround her, although cautiously with how many of their brethren littered the ground. Two of them ran at her, and the mare charged forward; the creatures were knocked off their feet by the umbrella's ends, and Scarlet finished them off with a stomp to the chest which shattered their rib-cages and the crunching of bone. Her umbrella, unfortunately, was broken into three pieces.

Scarlet spat the handle out. "Well?! Who's next?!"

She felt the wind flow suddenly change behind her, and immediately dodged to the left.

Another Storm Creature collided with the ground. It quickly spun around and leapt at her again, but the mare was ready this time and slammed a platter of water glasses against its face. The glasses shattered, the fragments getting lodged in the creature's eyes. She dropped the platter and fell to the ground, panting.

"That... all you.. got?" She taunted, slowly beginning to walk backwards.

Suddenly her rump hit the wall.

Scarlet looked around her, only to find no weapons were readily available and that she was surrounded from all sides with Storm Creatures creeping closer and more on top of the wall behind her.

"Ah, fu-"

***

"Dad!" Black Dawn screamed as a Storm Creature batted at him, unable to fit underneath the table.

Cobra Strike looked to his mare, who was pressed against a wall and completely surrounded, and then back to his son who was scrambling away from the paws of the Storm Creature. He looked one last time to Scarlet, before letting his heart fall into his stomach as he swerved around and flew towards their colt.

The pegasus tucked in his wings just as he approached the table, and swept up Black Dawn against his chest as he exited from underneath it.

"I got you! Daddy's here." Cobra promised, attempting to hide his wet eyes.

"Daddy!" Black Dawn wailed, pressing himself against the older pegasus. He then sniffled. "Wh- where's mommy? An- and Nonni and Nonno?"

Cobra only grit his teeth. "We're safe now. We're safe."

Something suddenly whizzed by them.

"Daddy!" Black Dawn cried out, as more of the projectiles were launched upwards.

Cobra peered downwards to see the Storm Creatures loading what appeared to be...

"Cannons?!" Cobra exclaimed, stopping just in time to avoid one taking his head off. "Are you kidding me?!"

The stallion felt a sudden cold pit in his stomach, and a dark tugging at his brain. He quickly shook it off, and locked that part of him away once more. He would not let him out.

He was then taken back to reality by his son's sobs. Cobra looked into the colt's absolutely terrified eyes, which were red from crying. He was also shaking like a leaf in the autumn wind, and his fur was coated in dirt and small cuts and bruises.

Cobra's eyes narrowed as a growl formed in his throat, and he pumped his wings faster. He dodged another cannonball, and flew directly between two airship hulls while angled so that his left wing pointed to the ground.

A Storm Creature suddenly leapt off of one of the airships, landing on a the barrel of a cannon.

It then surged after him, jumping from one cannon to the next in a zigzag pattern. Cobra couldn't risk the glance behind him, not that he had the room to. He felt Dawn's grip against his neck tighten.

"He's behind you!" The colt warned.

Cobra's growl deepened, the sterns of the ships were still a distance away. Forced to make a quick decision, the stallion pressed his wings as tightly as he could against his sides; he hissed as he clipped his right wing against a cannon. The claws of the Storm Creature combed through his mane.

"Hang on!" Cobra yelled, shielding his son's body with his own.

The two crashed into the Manehatten Bouncy-Castle, bouncing up a couple of times.

"Daddy! Daddy are you okay?!' Black Dawn asked.

"Ju- ju- jus- just got- got the- the wind- wind knocked out of me." The stallion gasped out, forcing himself up.

A series of loud growls drew his attention.

The two ponies had been completely surrounded.

Cobra Strike stood protectively over his son as the Storm Creatures drew closer.

***

A shadow darted across the ceilings of the castle going unnoticed by the Storm Army. Controlling that shadow was an anubis, who was sitting cross-legged on the floor as he chanted quietly to himself in his bedroom. Meanwhile, upstairs, two stallions waited patiently for his return. Well, one more than the other.

Once Sunshine Razor had been able to calm Blueblood down and gain his trust, not that the prince really had a choice with everypony he knew either entombed in crystal or in chains, the trio had retreated to Thanatos's dungeon layer. Thanatos himself had retired to his personal chambers to 'excavate information from the source' as he put it, and to 'talk to his friends on the other side' to see if they had information about this Storm King. Blueblood, in the mean time, had taken to exploring his surroundings.

Blueblood cautiously tapped what appeared to be a crystal ball with his hoof. From the depths of the sphere rose an entangled mass of screaming faces, not just ponies but also the other races, that appeared to be melded together by their flesh. The prince stumbled back in terror and disgust with a yelp.

Sunshine snickered. "I told you not to touch anything, didn't I?"

Blueblood's mane began to fray. "Is this what Tartarus looks like?!"

"No," The vampony answered, who was leaning upright against a demonic-looking table with strange symbols engraved into it. "Tartarus is nothing like this. Hmph, if anything? I'd say that Tartarus could learn a thing or two from Thanatos. But this? Ah, this is just the kid stuff. All nice and friendly. He keeps the good stuff downstairs."

Blueblood gulped, suddenly finding himself surrounded by intimidating stone walls that reeked of dust, iron, and exotic incense. Strange shadows danced in the corners of the ceiling, and darted underneath one object to the next. The walls themselves were lined with shelf upon shelf of books, skulls, potions, and scrolls. Banners displaying menacing monsters from all over Equis hung from the ceiling, as did dripping candles that did little to brighten the foreboding and dreary atmosphere. There were windows, however, the skies outside were darkened by the storm clouds and left as dark as Luna's royal coat.

"Oh, oh by F- Faust!" Blueblood squeaked out, his ears flattening against his head.

He slowly began to walk backwards, trying not to have a panic attack. His rump suddenly bumped against something, and he turned around only to find the wall behind him had cluttered shelves reaching up to the ceiling that were almost collapsing under the weight of various potions, books, lab equipment, herbs, and ingredients. The stallion whinnied in fear, and galloped straight into the suit of Anugyptian war-armor.

The unicorn rubbed his head, and opened his eyes just in time to see the armor tumbling towards him. Suddenly, Sunshine was right by his side and had pushed the armor back upright. The pegasus wiped his brow before dragging Blueblood to the center of the room.

"What did I say about touching things?!" Sunshine pressed his muzzle against the other stallion's. "Don't do it!"

"What is this place?" Blueblood demanded with the stomp of his hoof.

"Might I, your royal highness," Sunshine gave him a sarcastic bow. "introduce to you the living quarters of Thanatos, Canterlot's resident necromancer!"

"Necro- What?!" Blueblood shouted. "How is it that aunty Celestia hasn't banished him to the moon?!"

Sunshine laughed. "Sorry to be the one to tell you this kid, but your pretty little princess aunts aren't all sunshine and rainbows. You think they don't have their fair share of secrets? That they aren't capable of malice or ill-intent? Well guess what? Everyone has their demons, that skeleton in the closet. Thanatos has lived right underneath your hoovsies since this place was first built, and he lived in the Castle of the Heavens too. And me? Well, I'm no angel."

The pegasus opened his jaw, and pointed at his elongated canines.

Blueblood gasped. "Y- you're a changeling?!"

"No!" Sunshine smacked himself in the forehead. "I am, pause for dramatic effect, a vampony!"

"VAMPONY?!" Blueblood screamed, immediately taking off at full gallop.

Sunshine stomped down on his tail, and the stallion was yanked back over to him. "Now, now, I am not going to drink your blood! I don't even actually drink blood! I scrape, and lick. Scrape, and lick. Scrape, and lick."

Blueblood's hooves slowly fell away from his neck. "So you're not going to drain me of my blood?"

"Again, I scrape, and lick. It would take me a very long time to drain you." The pegasus put a hoof to his chin. "Although, I suppose if I wanted I could have hypnotized you and have you as my personal snack-bar by now."

Blueblood's hooves flew back to his neck. "Eek!"

"But, as previously stated, I am not going to do that." Sunshine said with a roll of his eyes. "I do not enjoy feeding on other intelligent creatures, be it hoofed, clawed, or pawed. I only dine off of sheep and on occasion chicken, the younger the better in my opinion. Besides, I don't know where you've been or what terrible diseases you may have!"

"Excuse you?!" The prince suddenly stood up, glaring angrily into the vampony's eyes. "I do not have any diseases! I am not some yellow-bellied, flea-bitten, mud covered, scraggly-furred plague rat! I am Prince Vladimir Blueblood the Eighteenth of the Princess Platinum bloodline, next in throne for the kingship of Bridletin, and I expect to be treated like the noble stallion I am!"

Sunshine suddenly smiled. "Ooh, pretty-colt's got a rebellious mean-streak! Who would have thought it? You know what pal? I think we're going to get along better than I had originally thought!"

Thanatos suddenly appeared from atop the staircase. "Are you two done with the sappy emotions and bonding? Because I think there's something you need to see."

Blueblood and Sunshine looked at each other before trotting- flying on the pegasus's part- over to the anubis.

"What did you find Thanatos?" The vampony inquired.

Thanatos smiled, his fangs glinted in the candlelight. "I just intercepted a call."

***

Tempest Shadow stood alert in the throne room of Canterlot castle, surrounding her were the three alicorn princesses. But her attention remained directed at a glowing basin, and projecting from the water the image of an ape-faced, white-furred, horned creature that could only be the Storm King.

"So that would be a yes on your locking down the four Pegacornicuseses, or whatever you call them?" The Storm King asked, sounding more like an annoyed and spoiled foal than an evil mastermind who had just conquered Equestria.

"Give me three days. I'll have everything ready for your arrival." Tempest promised.

The Storm King narrowed his eyes. "Remember, Tempest. Only I have the power to make you whole. Make this twig work, and you'll get your reward. Fail me, and your horn won't be the only thing that's broken."

Tempest repressed the urge to gulp, forcing herself to keep her calm exterior from cracking. "It won't be a problem."

"Great!" The Storm King's snarl turned into a smile, before his voice began to warble as the image blurred. "I'm ready to power up, crash and bash, and be the biggest, baddest bugaloooooo!"

The spell suddenly gave out. Grubber approached the basin, a nervous look in his eyes. "Sorry, bad spell service. You want me to call him back?"

"Do you," Tempest slowly approached him. "have the princess?"

Grubber let out a nervous laugh, and twiddled his fingers. "Well, uh, funny story. It kinda seems like she- she might've like, you know, got away... a little bit. I know you're disappointed, but I got one word for you, spongecake!"

Tempest's eye twitched, and her face furrowed into one of complete rage as she zapped Grubber with her magic. "I need all four for the staff to work!"

"Hey, I know!" Grubber jogged after her, able to shake off the magical impact surprisingly fast. "I want the Storm King to fix that crazy horn as badly as you do. It looks like a crackly chipped tooth on the top of your head. And you know you don't look good in hats."

Tempest swiveled around, her horn crackling again. Grubber flinched, and the unicorn felt the smallest twinge of guilt. She let her horn grow cold. "That princess is not gonna keep me from getting my horn back! Prepare my ship!"

Grubber nodded his head furiously, and scurried away in terror. Tempest closed her eyes and repressed the regret.

She forced herself to take a deep breath.

"Please. How far could one little pony get on her own?"

Grubber suddenly popped his head back in. "Well, um, that's the thing. She, um, well she isn't alone. She kind of, just might have, escaped with her friends?"

The pug-faced creature squeaked as the unicorn turned to him, horn crackling, before slamming the door.

Tempest calmed herself once more, and trot over to the petrified princesses.

"Oh, Celestia, Celestia, Celestia." She brushed a hoof against the alicorn's cheek. "How could you forget? Don't you remember that poor little filly with the broken horn who came pleading to you to fix her horn? All the way from a town on the very outskirts of Equestria? The one that you sent a letter to? Inviting her to join your precious and perfect School for Gifted Unicorns?! The one that you turned away after she lost her horn?! The one that's parents disowned her because she could no longer preform magic?! I could have been Twilight Sparkle! I could have been a princess! Just. Like. You."

One of the Storm Guards that had entered suddenly backed out of the room.

"What are you looking at?!" Tempest accused, blasting the creature with her magic.

The creature yelped, and ran away with tears in its eyes.

Tempest then realized how heavy she was breathing, and quickly composed herself.

She trot over to the castle balcony, and looked at the unfolding scene below. Ponies were being thrown into cages and shackled in chains by the dozens. Others were hooked to heavy carts, while some tended to the needs and wants of her Storm Guards. From across the massive city she could still just barely make out the reminisce of multiple battles. No matter, her Storm Army was almost infinite. Although weak when faced with actual combat, they could, at least, eventually wear her enemies down. The city was now hers, she was its princess.

"No." Tempest suddenly said. "I am their queen."

***

Sunshine Razor, Prince Blueblood, and Thanatos sat around the large mirror. The unicorn's face was warped into one of shock, while Thanatos and Sunshine both retained a calm composure.

Sunshine suddenly stood up. "Thanatos?"

The anubis's ears perked up. "I take it you have a plan?"

"Locate the other agents." Sunshine ordered. "We'll need them to stop the Storm King."

"Hmpph." Thanatos grumbled, but did not make any moves to get up. He closed his eyes and moved his shadow from the throne room across the ceiling, out to the balcony, into Tempest's own, and then down the castle wall, and across the city.

"Agents?!" Blueblood exclaimed, following after the vampony up the stairs. "What on Equis are you talking about?!"

"Oops." Sunshine smiled, retreating back to his table. "Ole' Moon-Butt is going to pitch a fit. Oh well. What's she going to do, kill me?"

"What is going on here?!" Blueblood demanded. "As a member of royalty I have every right to know! You shall tell me, or else!"

"Or else, what?" The vampony suddenly pulled from his coat a box of cigarettes with his wing. He held it over a candle and lit it before sticking it in his mouth and turning to Prince Blueblood. "What are you going to do about it?"

Blueblood waved the smoke away away from him. "Ugh! Could you be in more disgusting?!"

Sunshine shrugged his shoulders. "Depends. What's your definition of it?"

The unicorn began to fume. "Fine then! If you're not going to be much help, I guess I'll just have to figure it out on my own!"

Sunshine chuckled as he exhaled another plume of smoke. "Good luck with that."

Blueblood glared at him before looking at the room. His ears folded against his head. "Somehow."

***

The Storm Beasts pressed on, scouting the city for any ponies that might have eluded them.

They paused to survey the badly damaged Restaurant Row, where more of the Storm Creatures were dragging out ponies by their tails or carrying them like potato sacks over their shoulders and underneath their arms. Seeing nothing of interest, they continued their patrol. Two stallions then appeared pulling a cart that's cargo was three different cages.

The two stallions pulling the cart were none other than Cobra Strike and Funnel Web, their wings having been restrained. In the cages were Scarlet Thorn, Cayenne Pepper, and Black Dawn in one cage. Sunshine Smiles, Moonlight Raven, and Giselle in the second. And in the one closest to the edge of the cart were the three changeling siblings, Arachne, Mantis, and Scarab.

Two more Storm Beasts followed after, both carrying individual cages which were strapped to their backs. In one cage, pounding against it and demanding if this was anyway to treat a lady, was Tornado Fusion. And in the other cage, of course, was Lullaby Lotus who had taken to meditating in hers.

From a hidden alley way, four pairs of eyes watched as the Storm Beasts and their prisoners disappeared from sight.

Sound-Off gasped. "They got mom! Gallant, they have mom!"

The dragoness was about to charge forward and break their cover when Gallant Aurora suddenly grabbed her in his magic. "No Sound-Off!"

She turned to him. "But-!"

"No!" Gallant repeated. "We can't risk blowing our cover! We can't be caught!"

Missy stepped forward. "I'm sorry Sound-Off, but Gallant is right. For once."

"Hey!" Gallant protested.

Missy shoved her hoof over his mouth. "If they managed to capture Lullaby and Tornado, there is no telling who else has been subdued. We very well might be Equestria's last defense!"

Gallant shook his head. "I told you that this was a bad idea! I told you!"

"So," Horus piped, sitting slouched atop a barrel. "What are we gonna do now? The princesses are kaput. Our strongest agents have been captured. We've lost."

"There's still hope!" Gallant stated. "We might not be in the top tier, but Missy and I are a close runner-up! And Thanatos and Sunshine Razor are still out there, there isn't a force in Tartarus that can stop those two."

"Yeah, great speech and all," Horus rolled his eyes. "but how's we gonna get out of here? You got a plan or somethin'?"

The blue unicorn stumbled back, and fell onto his rump. "I- I- Not at the moment! But I'll have one soon!"

"Cool. I'll just go and find some bows for us to wear when them Storm whatevers wise-up and find us." The sky dragon grumbled, scratching at some chipped paint.

"Gall...ant? Gallant... hear... me?!" A voice suddenly piped in the unicorn's mind.

"Mother!" Gallant immediately sent back, jolting up onto his hooves.

"What is it?!" Missy inquired.

"It's mother!" Gallant exclaimed. "The connection is fuzzy, but it's her!"

"Well?!" Sound-Off demanded.

"What's the plan?!" Horus followed, jumping off of the barrel.

Gallant closed his eyes. "Mother, mother? Can you hear me?"

"Gall...ant." Luna responded, her voice cutting out. "Find... Twi...light.... immediately! Equestria... danger... Lullaby... informed... attack... Grim Noise... Equestria... is weak!"

"What?!" He shouted over their link.

"Connection... break...ing!" Luna's voice began to fade. "Can't... hold! Get.... Elements... Harmony... too late! South... Hippo...gryphs! Be... safe!"

Suddenly, a map popped into his head; the unicorn immediately knew their destination, and all that lay in between.

Gallant felt a sharp pain in his horn as their link was closed off, and he flinched from the pain.

"Dad!" Sound-Off cried out, grabbing his hoof in her claws. "Are you okay?!"

Gallant rubbed his head before shaking off the pain. "I'm better than okay! I know exactly where we have to go!"

"You do?" Horus blinked.

"Yes!" Gallant said. "We need to find Princess Twilight and the rest of the Elements of Harmony before it's too late!"

"Too late?" Missy inquired.

Gallant's face darkened. "Lullaby must have allowed her soul to fall into the dreamscape, and contacted mother that way. Together they must have sensed something was wrong. Grim Noise is going to lead an attack on the weakened Equestria. And unless we can free the alicorns, there is no being powerful enough in all of Equis to stop him."

Comments ( 10 )

:rainbowlaugh:
Zecora is fantastic in the new chapters!
I adore the lass's character.
Come on every pony!
Make sure to leave a comment while dropping a like. This so far has been an excellent piolet for ye second story! :twilightsmile:

Keep up the great work!
I'll soon post a review.

I am intrigued by the direction of your series.
I find myself eagerly awaiting future installments.

Bloody great work!
The dedication invested into your new tale is no less than exquisite.

So far I've managed to complete Down The Rabbit Hole.
I am honored to know that you consider me a source of inspiration till this day.
Thank you. :rainbowkiss:
I can say the same about you. I only wish i could share with you what you inspire.
Anyhow, I hope you don't mind if i use some of your creative writing strategies.
I'm adding a flash-back to my third chapter. I'm also using onamonapias.

Before i explain the brilliance of your pilot chapter, i must inform you that i found this spelling error:
"No. It's not for more. It's for my son." Cobra explained.

Let me begin by saying that you where right.
The Nyx race was a great idea!
What made me change my thoughts on the race was your implementation them as anthropomorphic foxes.

I absolutely adore the references you add into your chapter!
Don't stop making references please.
They wonderfully add extra humor and creativity into your work! :pinkiehappy:
If you're going to add more of your old OCs, definately do it with the same dedication as Tornado Fusion.
And do please continue to satirize anime, like you where, with this character. Random nosebleed during a moment of fan service- that was brilliant! :yay:

The best scene for me was when Cadence leapt up and attacked Obsidian in a barrage of death! I couldn't stop laughing! You killed it with the popcorn. And a second time with sun-butt sleep talking! :rainbowlaugh:
My second favorite scene was what you did with Granny Smith! I swear, for a moment i could hear her speaking in applenese. Great introduction to both the apples and the cutie mark crusaders btw.

Now, i definitely have to praise you for adding two of the best characters you have written thus-far.
You made me smile when i began reading "The black-coated Pegasus leaning against the wall scoffed to himself;" I immediately got a :ajsmug: on my face. I was sure of it when i read "When can I see her again? My bride never to be? Am I cursed to live forever, excluded from pony kind?" - "What are you muttering about this time?" A new voice piped."
Hehe, what really made me squeal was how WELL-WRITTEN the scene was with their distinct personalities! :rainbowkiss:
It reminded me of when the audience is introduced to a pair of Akatsuki members for the first time!
This scene is also my favorite.
And once again, you killed it when Thanatos brought up Zecora's love letter!
As for Zecora- Daaang girl, you cold.
I was not expecting the ending with Tempest. It made me smile again.
Great unexpected cliffhanger!

I still can't believe you went and made Scarlet pregnant. Well... I think i know what you're planning.
What has me more interested is the fate of Cobra Strike aka [Top Secret] and the perhaps future mentor of Black dawn? Ahm...
If you're heading that route. :scootangel:

Well this review is a story of its own. I apologies for the longevity.
Your pilot was MAGNIFICENT and i had a lot to say.
It's wonderful to see your original ideas being developed.

You get better and better every chapter, Spectacular Work! :pinkiehappy:

8838959
It appears i wasn't the only pony to catch certain similarities.
The lass wrote a better scene in my opinion. :twilightsmile:

8838959
Thanks for pointing that error out.
And, I don't mind you using my techniques in your writing.
I am so happy to hear that you're enjoying the pilot to this second story! Thank you for the amazing review!
I'll do my best to continue writing with as much zeal and dedication!

Also,
As for Cobra Strike... follow me on Equestria Amino for MLP.
My name there is simply Scarlet Thorn.
You'll get an idea of where the characters are going from that.

Great story you have made! It's still as well written as always. And as always for me, I loved the gore parts. I'll be awaiting eagerly for the race against time against Grim Noise and the Storm King! Keep doing what you do best, I thoroughly enjoy your work.

-RedtheDestroyer

8840946
The reason for that, my rocky friend, is because she wrote her scene before I wrote mine. My story is inspired from what I heard/read from the prototypes to her amazing series of tales.

To conclude- The scene with Thanatos was a prototype when I first read it.
I was glad to know she kept it. :pinkiesmile:
It's a magnificent scene!

In reference to your notes. Have you been playing a Alice in wonderland game? If not, what game have you been playing lass? :pinkiesmile:

On hiatus until finals are finished!
Sorry everyone!
I'll post 2-3 chapters next time to make up for it!

Login or register to comment