• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 985 Views, 10 Comments

Battlepony 3 - Rainbow|Dash



Mareine's are at all odds against the PLR (Ponies Liberation and Resistance) terrorist group.

  • ...
2
 10
 985

Going Hunting- Wonder 4-3's Story.

Spitfire had picked up her blue helmet off of her gear table sitting below the aircraft carriers jet strip. She held the blueish helmet in her hooves as she walked out of the room's small port door. After roaming the ship's long piping and levered halls she met with her pilot. Her position in their F-18a/E fighter was weapons and co-piloting if something happened to the main pilot. Soarin had an aggravated look on his face. His sewn up wing marked that he wouldn't be able to fly as a pegesus, but as a jet pilot.

"Captain says we aren't flying a regular op today." Soarin said while walking up a flight of stairs to the far right of the ship.

"What are we doing today then?" Spitfire said following close behind.

"We are going to provide some cover for some ground force. On a PLR air strip." Soarin replied

The two engaged another flight of stairs this time to the jet strip. A crew was waiting with the steps for the ponies to hop in the F-18. Soarin got in the front seat while Spitfire got in the back. She looked at her helmet one last time before she put it over her head. She liked the color, and the lightning bolt with pegasi wings coming out from it. Just like when they were in the wonderbolts.

"Close the hatch Spits." Soarin said.

She grabbed the handle with both hooves.

"Okay I'm gonna need you guys to check the flaps." A pony from the crew said.

"You heard him Spits" Soarin said.

Spitfire raised the wings up and down along with the rear one's.

"They look good. Weapons next then your good for take off, 1st in line." The crew member said.

"Spits, get on it." Soarin said.

Spitfire checked her heat-seeking missiles, then her vulcan cannon. She also tested the countermeasures just in case.

"Okay guys your guns look good your clear for take off." The crew member said.

"Spits hang on to something." Chuckled Soarin.

Spitfire grabbed a handle in front of her. She turned her head to her left to see the other crew of the other jet readying for their take off. Suddenly she was flung back onto her seat as the jet went full throttle off the ship. Soarin was checking to make sure they were good to fly while in the air making no mistake to circle around and see the other crew's jet take off. He caught up to them on their right side.

"This is Wonder 4-3. Wonder 4-6 are you there over.?" Soarin spoke to the other crew.

"This is Wonder 4-6 we got you loud and clea-" Wonder 4-6 was cut off by Soarin.

"We got bogeys 11o'clock on radar guys, be alert." Soarin said to Wonder 4-6.

The enemy fighters got closer, and closer until they fired at Wonder 4-6.

"Break. Break!" As the jet pulled to the left and strait into the clouds.

Enemy fighters lost Wonder 4-6 and went after Soarin and Spitfire.

"Spits, weapons and counters!" Soarin yelled into his helmet.

Spitfire pulled a weapons HUD visor over her head. She switched to her heat-seekers.

"6o'clock Spits!" Soarin said.

Spitfire locked onto the pursuing jet behind them, and then fired a missile. She hit her target and their jet started to fall slowly below the clouds, spiraling down with a trail of smoke. They proceeded to regroup with Wonder 4-6 in the clouds above.

"There's our guys. 1o'clock." Spitfire said.

"Does not look like there are any fighters on them... strange." Soarin said while piloting the aircraft towards the friendly one.

"Wonder 4-6 we are pulling in right next to you over." Soarin said.

"Wilco.... Wait don't hostile aircraft on the radar!" Wonder 4-6 said.

"I don't see anythi-

Soarin's words were cut short as the aircraft started pointing towards the ocean.

"We are hit. Wonder 4-3 is hit!" Soarin said into the com.

"Soarin grab the pack i'll get the weapons... Then eject... we are over land!" Spitfire said.

"Okay see you down there!" As Soarin pushed the jets hatch open.

Soarin had trouble with his lever. It wouldn't budge no matter what he did.

"Spits, maybe i won't see you down there." Soarin voice choked and died out as he knew he was doomed.

"Why not?" She said while he looked back at her.

"Lever's stuck, take the pack. Don't go out of this world just yet. I'll see you in hell..." Soarin said hoofing over the pack.

"Goodbye Soarin..." She teared up as she held the pack and the bag of guns. She pulled her lever.

The plane was nearing the ground while she had the bag's strapped to her parachute harness. A loud explosion and ball of fire was on the ground surrounded by flaming pieces of the jet. Soarin's death bed. Moments later Spitfire landed with a little "oof". She got up and took the harness off. The bags were opened to have 2 M.I.C.H helmets, 2 M.A.R-E Vest (complete with tactical pouches for ammo and supplies), 2 M.A.R-E saddlebags stocked with food and special supplies, and a small life raft for if they got stuck in a large body of water. The other bag contained a small tracking beacon(In case they did survive the crash), 2 m9 pistols, and 2 m4a1 carbines equipped with holographic sights, and mounted tactical flashlights. Spitfire put on the gear, activated the beacon, grabbed her weapons and took the other ammo from Soarin's guns so she could have more if she needed. She was too over cumbered to fly so she had to trot. Then it hit her like a slug shotgun round hit a target dead on. Soarin's saddlebags had camping equipment in it. No wonder she had carried all of the food. Quickly trotting back over to the bag she grabbed the bag's and unzipped them.

Oh damn! He packed a tent and got an inflatable bed. She thought.

Better just camp here then and wait for evac.

After unpacking and setting up her campsite she looked at her watch to check the time

"What. The. Buck.... 8:57pm... And I activated the damn thing two hours ago... Buck my life..." Spitfire moaned.

Of course I could camp here for the night... I didn't set this shit up for nothing. But what if I'm in enemy territory.

She hadn't thought about that. What if she was? Would they look for her? She had to find out but after a quick meal first. Spitfire made her dinner and ate up. She stood up and grabbed her guns and packed anything she might need to get back into Amareican hooves. The field was not to big as she looked over the area. The compass showed NW, the direction she and Soarin were going to. The airfield. She figured a fifty percent chance the Mareines took control of the airfield. Thats where she needed to go. The journey would be a few hours but she would make it.

Comments ( 3 )

"Going Hunting"

"Resume Game"
...
"Resume Game"
...
Dammit.

New chapter is up! :moustache:

At first I was confused, because Lt. Hawkings didn't get shot down, but then I read the take-off description again, and I realized that Hawkings was the furthest left, so Spitfire was the one who launched just before the other one did.

Login or register to comment