• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 736 Views, 24 Comments

Fires of Friendship and Ice of Hatred - Super Ponyman



Sequel to "Nightmare Ponyville" an ancient threat to Equestria returns, Burning Star and the Main Six must face the most dangerous villain there ever faced. A villain who wants nothing more than the destruction of Equestria with her Frost Army!

  • ...
 24
 736

Grand Finale: Gods Fall, Heroes Rise, and Devils Deceive!

Author's Note:

It's the true final battle for Equestria!

Will Burning Star and Twilight Sparkle fend off the goddesses of the Sun and Moon?

Or will they fall, and Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon destroy everypony that defies them!?

Text Colors for Characters

Burning Star

Twilight Sparkle/Midnight Sparkle

Daybreaker

Nightmare Moon

Also, I may be doing a possible crossover with another author soon enough, so get ready for more!

(Canterlot Castle, Barracks, 10 Minutes Later...)

Hiller and Quickfire rushed to the barracks, hoping to cut off the message that Celestia and Luna were under attack,

If that message reached, they would have the ENTIRE Royal Guard on them.. which would put a serious cripple on Burning Star, since dealing with both Celestia and Luna at the same time alongside Twilight was already wearing him thin on how much he could handle.

Luckily, Wind Walker had the wise idea of sending multiple groups of ponies to address each side effect of the battle going on inside the castle.

Rainbow Dash, Thunder Fury, and Sea Breeze had all gone out to the city to evacuate the citizens, while everypony else was on protecting them and stopping Daybreaker's and Nightmare Moon's advance should they try to attack the city.

Hiller spoke in a sharp voice to Quickfire as the ran, "So, what exactly happened back there?! One minute they are fine and the next they look like demonic ponies from the pits of Tartarus. I'm a little new on the whole, "Celestia and Luna are evil." Deal, can you explain what the f--k is going on?!"

Quickfire responded with a equally sharp tone, "Celestia and Luna lost control of themselves, they should not have bottled up all their negative emotions and dark thoughts, the massive mental block on Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon they instilled upon each other finally snapped when Midnight mentioned the fact that she knew what Twilight's destiny was to be, but I suppose that is what you get for storing your negative energy for thousands of years without a major release."

Hiller asked another question, "Yeah, what is this destiny that Midnight mare is talking about? I overheard you are from the future, well a possible future, I swear all this time travel logic stuff makes my head really f--king hurt."

Quickfire finally spotted the messager, a Pegasus. he threw his sword like a spear, lodging it through the wings and pinning him to the ground in agonizing pain.

Quickfire then took off his mask so he speak clearer, as his voice distorter was making it hard to get his message across. He then said, "Celestia and Luna's plan for Twilight... Oh Faust I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy."

He continued, "In my timeline, events play out almost exactly the same, Twilight came to Ponyville and made friends, they triumphed over Nightmare Moon and Discord, Queen Chrysalis was defeated and I was freed from her control, King Sombra was destroyed by the Crystal Heart, Twilight became an Alicorn, and everything else in between happened exactly the same except for one point... When Twilight looked through the fear door and saw her failing, she began to train in all sorts of magic, including Dark. Celestia and Luna didn't seem to think that Twilight had the abilities to use dark magic, but she had a little helper... Sombra."

Hiller was walking over to the messenger and removed the sword from his wings, he then turned to Quickfire and said, "Hey, Quickfire... do you mind if I have a snack?"

Quickfire shrugged, "Go ahead, in not judging you if your Virus makes you consume other ponies. I've seen worse..."

Hiller grunted as his viral claws emerged again as he tore into the Pegasus to red bloody ribbons and consumed his biomass... which was tasteless, Hiller thought.

Quickfire saw that Hiller finished eating the messenger and continued his story, "Considering Celestia and Luna had eyes and ears everywhere thanks to their control over the sun and moon, Twilight trained with Sombra, somehow he was still alive after the Crystal Heart blew him to bits. Twilight had recently lost track of the pony known as Starlight Glimmer, he came to her to offer his immense powers to track her down, which she thought he was offering some innocent lessons in dark magic."

Hiller snorted, "I'm guessing that went badly, right?"

Quickfire started to run alongside Hiller again, somehow keeping up with his Virus-enhanced speed.

Quickfire shook his head, "Suprisingly, Sombra did not try to corrupt Twilight, she did that to herself... he simply provided the tools to create the darkness that consumed her. As soon as she began to learn Dark Magic, Midnight Sparkle, the dark entity from the mirror world, secretly entered Twilight's mind, filling it with blunt and cold truths about Celestia."

What Quickfire said next sent chills down Hiller's spine, "Including the fact that Twilight was being used by her... yes. Even after all the praise from Celestia and the independence Twilight thought she had... Celestia still held Twilight's strings. Sombra, for better or worse at the time, wanted to cut those strings. Permanently!"

Hiller raised an eyebrow, "So? It think it was pretty good that Sombra offered to help Twilight become more independent, how was that a bad thing?"

Quickfire sighed and Hiller saw a tear run down his cheek from his one eye, "Eventually... Twilight confronted Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Eclipsio... and told them with the dark thoughts Midnight had been telling her. That she was a pawn, she didn't really have friends, that even if she raised the sun and moon on her own... Celestia would never respect her power."

Hiller said in a knowing tone, "I'm guessing Sun-Butt didn't take it well?"

The unicorn shook his head, "No. Celestia demanded to know what brought this on, and Twilight told her that she was working alongside King Sombra in dark magic, this of course set Celestia's motherly instincts off and Celestia suddenly attacked and fatally injured Sombra. Twilight's mind, now tipped over the edge from this action, killed Sombra and took his dark magic... it consumed her, turning her into Midnight Sparkle permanently, and with her new powers, Midnight brutally ended the lives of Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Eclipsio. She then decided to ravage Equestria and rebuild it in her own image. A world of absolutes, a world that was easily controlled by somepony who could pit two sides against each other, a world where the mighty such as Empress Midnight Sparkle... were unchallenged..."

Hiller was in shock, could one pony do all that?

He then asked, "and what about her friends?"

Quickfire wiped his face with one of his gloves, before saying, "They... left her when she needed them most. They felt the safety of their families mattered more, Burning Star went to challenge Midnight and the two of them have been fighting in my time for 20 years, locked in combat that destroyed my home time..."

Hiller and Quickfire finally reached the barracks, only to see a large platoon of guards (both Celestia's and Luna's) with spears and swords in hoof staring them down, a green aura in their eyes.

Clearly somepony had been waiting for them...

"So you finally decided to show up, Quickfire. I thought you weren't going to come to me again, considering what I've Done to you, hmm?"

Quickfire immediately recognized that voice, "Queen Chrysalis... we meet again. It's a disappointment that in this timeline you're still evil..."

The Queen smirked and hopped down from one of the towers, giggling wildly. "As of right now, my powers are feeding off the Royal Guard's love of peace... soon they will be nothing but mindless drones like my Changelings."

Hiller sneered at Chrysalis, "Oh great, it's the horny insect pony. I don't need to ask who brought you back, it was Celestia wasn't it?"

Chrysalis grinned, "Yep... all this time all your problems could have been avoided if you all listened to Burning Star all those years ago... Celestia will continue her rule by FEAR by bringing the ponies and others you deem "Villains" back over and over, funny how much you learn when you look on the dark side?"

Quickfire felt his body being transported, he said to Hiller, "Hiller, go wild on them. Including the Queen, I would love to see her suffer here!"

Chrysalis was about to strike when Midnight Sparkle ran headfirst into her, sending her flying backwards and unconscious.

Midnight got up and chased after Daybreaker saying, "Get back here, fight me like the mare you are!"

(Ponyville, Road to the Forest)

Meanwhile, Thunder Fury, Rainbow Dash, Sea Breeze, and the Elements of Nature were evacuating ponies from their homes... and into Discords Dimension (Which had gotten a lot larger since the last time we saw it), where Discord promised they would be safe from any harm. They would be then sent to a wide variety of King Thorax's new Changeling hives, where they would be safe and out of Equestria until this whole battle passed.

Despite Dashie having her doubts about the spirit of Chaos and the Changeling King, she trusted Fluttershy, and thus trusted Discord and Thorax... kinda.

Sea Breeze was conjuring a large cloud to block out the sun and obscure Celestia's vision, while Thunder Fury used his super speed in combination with his brother's Changeling Dust and Thorax's reformed Changelings, to create illusions of EVERY SINGLE PONY in Ponyville.

When the lightning fast Pegasus stopped, he shook hooves with Thorax. "Well, I never thought that I would be working alongside a Changeling, albeit a new species of one. Guess I was wrong about you bugs being nothing but monsters, huh?"

Thorax nodded, "Trust me, Thunder Fury, Phranyx is at my hive and is guarding anypony that seek sanctuary there... my uncle Adamos and sister Arachne are also accepting your ponies into the hive. I can tell... us New Changelings have a sort of hive mind network that lets me communicate with them, instead of control them like Chrysalis."

When the last pony entered the portal, Discord entered as well and said, "I'll be waiting on the other side, be careful dealing with the guards."

With that, Discord closed the wormhole, and the New Wonderbolts and Captain Rainbow Dash rushed off towards Ponyville to make another passover...

Thunder Fury was about to leave with Sea Breeze and the other Masters of Nature when they were whacked with a giant blast of thermal heat.

The group got up to see Tirek, somehow alive and at his full size, standing in front of them snorting.

Tirek said, "You aren't going to leave, now. Not when Celestia and Luna gave me the chance to crush you pathetic ponies one more time!"

The Masters of Nature did the one thing they knew how to do... since they didn't fear Tirek's Magic stealing abilities since their powers were natural... they didn't run...

They fought, hard.

Tirek prepared a Horn Hyper Blast from his horns when suddenly a rainbow hit the masters of nature, and Tirek went white with fear.

Iron Steed's mane and tail became like sharp steel blades, and his coat turned a shiny white and silver.

Sea Breeze's wings grew and began to be enveloped in water. His mane turned to water as well that stayed flowing.

Thorn Horn's horn grew into a pair of antlers made of wood, his mane and tail became leaves and grass, and they blossomed into roses.

Thunder Fury's mane and tail became jagged and loaded with electric power. Blue lines like power cables ran across his body, ending under his eyes.

Wind Walker's mane swirled around him like a twister and his blindfold turned into a whip-like appendage.

Quickfire glowed bright orange and blue and his lost eye began to shine with an ethereal light.

Iron Steed looked down upon his Rainbow Power form and said, "Well this is going to be very fun for us."

The group then unleashed their power upon Tirek...

And you already know what happens to him...

Tirek shrank down to his weakened state, then Burning Star crashed down on him forcefully, he was launched by Nightmare Moon.

He turned his head to see his friends in Rainbow Power form, saying, "Hey! You guys look good, mind giving me a hand?"

With that, Burning Star rushed after Nightmare Moon.

(Ponyville, Twilight's Castle)

Prince Eclipsio walked through the vacant halls of Twilight's castle, seeing no pony left... it felt odd, even though he knew that an evacuation was in effect.

He was about the leave when she was struck with a pink lightning bolt, it didn't do much but leave a red mark on his side.

He turned around to see where it came from, it came from a pink unicorn with a cutie mark of a star with a tail running off it.

It was Starlight Glimmer?!

Had she gone evil, again?!

Eclipsio thought to himself, "Well... the most recent time was because of the Alicorn Amulet..."

Starlight growled, "Well, Well... if it isn't the Alicorn of Eclipses. Since I know you aren't Twilight, I don't have to humor you with my manners any longer. But I'm no idiot, Trixie! Let's go!"

Trixie Lulamoon stepped out of the shadows, a blank expression on her face, her horn blazing along with Starlight's

Eclipsio snorted, "Really? Mind control? What did Celestia offer you? A chance to become her student after Twilight is gone?!"

Starlight went wide eyed, "Yes. How... did you know that?"

Eclipsio smirked and began to spark with cosmic power, saying in a voice he never thought he use again...

"That just means that Burning Star is right, you can't be trusted. Which means I can do this again..."

Prince Eclipsio transformed into Black Abyss, his blood red eyes staring daggers at the two mares.

"I am Black Abyss! And you will be consumed by my powers over the darkness of space!"

Before Black Abyss could strike, Daybreaker came flying through the wall of the castle, knocking the two unicorns out cold.

She screamed at Midnight, who was flying overhead. "This isn't a game, Midnight! I will end your miserable existence!"

With that, Daybreaker took off, tackling Midnight while coated in fire.

(Canterlot, Main Street)

Elsewhere, the Elements of Harmony along with the two knights and Prince Eclipsio (who joined up with them in the absence of Twilight) ran through the streets of the city, making sure no pony was left when Burning Star and Twilight Sparkle took the battle with Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon out of the castle and into Canterlot itself.

When they saw that no pony was left, they turned to head to the city's gate...

Only to be stopped by a wall of black Crystal, which could only mean one thing...

King Sombra emerged from the Black Crystal, speaking in a casual tone,

"Before you rush headlong into battle against me, hear me out. I may be a king, but I have standards, and one of them is honesty is the best policy when it comes to your allies. Come on, let's get to work fixing Celestia and Luna! I'm the only shot you got, right?"

The Elements of Harmony swallowed hard and said, "Ok. What do we do?"

King Sombra said in the most casual tone possible,

"Simple, let them fight. Burning Star will win, he has to. For all our sakes...

The Main 5 saw Nightmare Moon was sent flying out of the castle wall and into the ground, she shouted, "As much as Im going to kill you, Burning Star! You are certainly stronger than I thought!"

Nightmare Moon flew back inside and resumed her battle alongside her sister.

(Canterlot Castle, Throne Room)

Burning Star wasn't winning, he was barely holding on.

Even with the power of Midnight Sparkle alongside him, Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon were still kicking their flanks, but each flank kick was returned just as hard.

He shouted to Twilight as he saw a dark blue thunderbolt fly towards her, "Twilight, Move!"

Midnight dived out of the way, and Burning Star hit Nightmare Moon with a wave of flame, which Daybreaker countered with a scorching blast of Solar Radiation.

All four Alicorns struggled to their feet, knocked down by the impact of Daybreaker's attack.

Daybreaker coughed and said, "It seems to me that we cannot kill you through normal magical means... either that or you are just really hard to kill."

Nightmare Moon snapped at Daybreaker, "Sister! Don't go wimping out on me now. We are SO close to destroying them, how are you running out of energy so fast?"

Burning Star and Midnight Sparkle stopped and catched their breath, seeing the two Alicorns argue.

An idea popped into Burning Star's head, he said to Midnight, "Twilight, if we can't beat them in combat, make them fight each other. Do you think they will fall for it?"

Midnight rolled her eyes, "No! This is Celestia and Luna we are talking about, they aren't just going to stop and fight each other, right?"

Burning Star gave her a smirk, "It will give us time to finish this off for good, Twilight."

Burning Star extinguished his mane and tail, walked up to Nightmare Moon, and said, "Nightmare Moon, I really enjoy your smoke like mane, reminds me of the starry skies, it has substance, unlike Daybreaker..."

Nightmare Moon stopped snarling and turned her head towards Burning Star before saying, "T-Thank you, Burning Star. You are becoming slightly harder to hate for me."

He then turned to Daybreaker and said, "Then again, Daybreaker is a lot more shapely than you, the elegant curves of her legs could melt any stallions heart."

Daybreaker smirked, "Of course my legs are shapely, Burning Star. I am what Celestia DREAMS she could look like, after all."

Burning Star then turned to Twilight, saying in a smug tone, "So, Twilight... who is the best princess?! Celestia or Luna?!"

Nightmare Moon immediately began to tidy herself up, and Daybreaker Did the same, trying to make themselves as good looking as possible.

The masters of nature arrived to see Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon cleaning themselves with magic, Burning Star put up a hoof to hold their fire.

This left an opening, and Twilight said, releasing Midnight's power away from her, "Neither, I AM THE BEST PRINCESS!"

Twilight unleashed a cleansing wave of magic that hit Celestia and Luna's evil forms, freeing them from Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon's control.

Twilight cheered, "We did it! We won, Burning Star!"

She spoke too soon... as a painful headache overtook her, and Midnight Sparkle appeared, she looked satisfied.

Midnight Sparkle roared and sent Twilight and her partner flying back into the Rainbow Masters of Nature, she began to laugh maniacally.

"HAHAHH-HAHA! I have won! I won completely and absolutely, now... I have the power to destroy this stupid kingdom, and its all thanks to you, Twilight!"

Twilight Sparkle smirked, "Yeah, I saw this coming. Which is why I had a backup plan!"

Suddenly, King Sombra jumped from behind, grabbing Midnight's wings and trying to stab her with his Crystal Scythe, Midnight snarled and roared like an animal.

King Sombra was suddenly wracked with intense pain as Midnight drove her horn into King Sombra's chest, leaving her open.

The main five, the two knights, the masters of nature, Prince Eclipsio, and last of all, Celestia and Luna, turned their gaze towards Midnight Sparkle.

Midnight Sparkle smirked, "Oh Twilight, I'm you remember? I saw this coming, did you really think that I could be beaten? After all, I'm you! Your friends wound harm me because I'm you! You still can't win against me, so why try to struggle?!"

Burning Star stepped forward, eyes ablaze, "Because true power doesn't derive from your dark powers alone."

Suddenly, Midnight Sparkle was assaulted by a beam of light magic coming from Burning Star, then Twilight, and on and on... until everypony in the room was unleashing their power upon Midnight.

Burning Star began to smile, seeing his friends surrounding him, both old and new...

He then said, "True power is formed through Kindness, Generosity, Laughter, Loyalty, Honesty, and Magic! Now face my fire, the Fires of FRIENDSHIP!"

With that, Burning Star blasted a full power fire nova spell at Midnight, aiming to knock her backwards, which it did.

He shouted, "Now Eclipsio!"

Eclipsio opened up a wormhole and began to gravitationally pull Midnight towards it, it was going to send her to Tartarus!

Midnight looked back and smirked, "You will never catch me, If this world won't accept me, then I'll go somewhere else! Hehe-HAHAH-AHHA!"

Midnight fired a bolt of dark magic into the wormhole, which changed its destination to parts unknown, it looked like an empty desert on the other side.

Eclipsio couldn't change it in time before Midnight made a mad dash for the portal, and stepped through, then it closed behind her.

Everypony stood there in shock, then Sunset said three words that stumped everypony.

"Did... we win?"

(Twilight's Castle, Map Room, 3 months later...)

Twilight Sparkle, in her trademark lavender purple coat, sat on her throne cataloging the events of the past few months...

"So... in conclusion, we stopped the Windigo Queen Diamanda and her armies, but despite our best efforts, our real enemy, Midnight Sparkle, escaped through a wormhole. Eclipsio tried to trace the location, but he found nothing."

"Concerned for the safety of other worlds, Quickfire asked for anypony brave enough to join up with him to find Midnight before she causes any more damage to the fabric of the Multiverse. He had two ponies follow him, Prince Eclipsio the Alicorn, so they can travel back and forth between worlds... and Hiller... an Earth Pony with a monstrous virus in his body that lets him become a living Weapon."

"They are set to leave later tonight, I wish I could go with them, but I have a family now."

Twilight closed the data entry, It was Ash Mane and Star Tail's birthday, they had asked for "Uncle Discord" to come and do a comedy routine along with Pinkie Pie.

It was a new age for Equestria, an age where the darkness had finally been seen, and the creatures hiding there were not being destroyed, they were being accepted slowly.

Celestia and Luna were not arrested, but the shame of using their student as their pawn sent them running into the Everfree, leaving Canterlot without its princesses...

But Burning Star had other plans... he created a sort of government he called "New Equestria" with political powers representing each town, from Ponyville (Mayor Mare) to Appleoosa (Chief Thunderhooves)

The Masters of Nature also decided to settle down finally, in Ponyville of all places...

Applejack was stuck with Iron Steed, who was at first a huge burden with his extreme strength being way too much for the apple orchard, but he found his calling, being the sole guardian of Sweet Apple Acres, and his powers didn't relax either, it was Zap Apple Season this year, and intruders from Timberwolves to a Cider-Addicted Rainbow Dash met a solid stallion of steel ready to kick their flanks over the horizon.

Thorn Horn, with assistance from the Forest Spirit White Tail and Fluttershy, opened up an Everfree Forest Tour Trail, where ponies could experience the magic of the forest with little to no danger.

Sea Breeze got a job as the manager of the Cloudsdale Weather factory and Pinkie Pie eventually got him to try something from the Sugarcube Corner, I found out that night that yes, you could overwhelm Pinkie Pie with over baking...

Rainbow Dash helped Thunder Fury get a job as the wonderbolts personal trainer, one of his students was Crimson Blur, who was formally known as Scootaloo.

Wind Walker, despite being blind, became a skilled clothing designer, and his Wind powers made his fashion shows truly wonderful. Rarity was intrigued by the way he made his clothing, and I think the two of them may hit it off, much to the frustration of Spike, who found comfort in Dragon Lord Ember when he had to save her from a greed-grown Garble and his Dragon Cronies.

King Sombra disappeared after the battle with Midnight Sparkle... but something tells me he found peace of mind and is going north to mend some deep, old wounds.

Shadow Armor got a mare friend in Fluer De Lis, and something tells me he is finally happy to be a part of this world.

Twilight wasn't paying attention when one of the servants dropped a box in front of her, it was wrapped with a strange thread that glowed bright red.

Twilight opened it up and gasped,

It was Burning Star's Journal!

She picked it up with her magic and saw a sticky note on its front,

It read...

"To my wonderful friend Twilight, it's time you know why I am like the way I am..."

Twilight Sparkle opened the first page and began to read, she started to cry as she read report after report of bullies and liars screwing up Burning Star's dreams of becoming a hero.

But she stopped at one Entry, and it made her smile,

"Journal Log date 1/1/18"

"It's time to turn down the fire, I have friends and family who need me now more than ever. I have kids, but best of all... I have the one thing no pony but Twilight has ever given me... peace."

Thank you, Twilight Sparkle... you made a very angry and hurt Alicorn, very, very happy."

Burning Star stood on his balcony, seeing the lights of Ponyville slowly go out.

He said to himself, looking up at the stars, "If this is my destiny, then it is more than worth the wait, Mom and Dad. I'll miss you, maybe I'll come back to you one day..."

He turned and went inside, saying to himself, "But for now, I am going to stick around. Yeah..."

He said one last thing before closing the door, looking down on his friend Quickfire entering a portal to the last known location of Midnight, Hiller followed.

"My name is Burning Star, Former Student and descendant of King Armbros Sombra, partner to Twilight Sparkle, Black Alicorn of Fire, and father of Ash Mane and Star Tail.... and I am finally home..."

With that he closed the door, and a stillness fell over Equestria, no... New Equestria.

And with that, the world fell asleep, awaiting the next day...

But what happened next happened not here...

But somewhere else entirely...

Comments ( 2 )

Yes, I've seen it in the show. You can certainly take it like that, I'll admit.

Or maybe Celestia wanted her to have her experience increase by exposing her to trials and tribulations. You don't grow your potential by having your mentor take care of every little problem to come your way. By making Twilight learn to take care of problems with her friends, she made Twilight into someone strong and into a believer that friendship is the powerful force Celestia insists it is. Celestia and Luna aren't lazy by not taking care of the problems themselves, they're building up the strength of Twilight in order to mold her to her proper potential.

8654889
Possibly, but it seems like Twilight is more than strong enough to lead.

Login or register to comment